ARDA ****in TURAN - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 84 (permalink) Old September 6th, 2009, 09:45 Thread Starter
Legend

ARDA ****in TURAN

Some of you may him remember as the kid who shined during the euro's 2008, scoring 3 goals, chosen as MOTM vs Switserland etc, but for the rest, many of you havent probably seen him much hence the fact the turkish league isnt well known by most.

Arda Turan is at the age of 22 the leader and captain of Galatasaray and the most important player of the NT, without a doubt the best turkish player on earth, including the turks who play for another NT.

Debuted under the master himselve, Hagi, at the age of 17/18, loaned out to Manisaspor a season later after not getting too much playing time. At Manisa he had a spot in the first 11 as a rightback, many people didnt realise his talents, he showed during games of Manisaspor against the big clubs what he's capable of, Galatasaray-Manisaspor, against his own club, Manisaspor lost 4-2 but Arda Turan ripped down the whole right flank and assisted a goal. Manisaspor-Fenerbahce, Fenerbahce lost 5-3! and Arda Turan once again assisting 2 goals was one of the best players on the field, people started to talk about Arda, many tought he still wouldnt cut it.

The season after he came back from his loan but Gerets somehow wanted to loan him another year but the board-president insisted him to stay. Arda impressed so much on the trainings he got a first 11 spot the first game against a Czech club for the CL-qualifiers, and since that game on(where he scored 2 goals in a 5-2 win), he never lost his spot and managed to shine at every stage. He had no CL experience that year yet he was our best player in the CL, wether if it was against Bordeaux, PSV or Liverpool in anfield. His debut for the NT didnt took long too and just like at Galatasaray he became a key-player ever since his first game.

After a dissapointing season Gerets got sacked, but Arda was still the only player who's spot was guarenteed. With 14 assists(top assists maker of the season) and 7 goals he had a huge part in the championsship, he was also chosen as the best player of the league, chosen to the best turkish team of all time, and with the euro coming up, the expectations were high.

During the first game of the euro's Terim put him as a sub and 70 million turks were angry, Turkey played an aweful game against Portugal and lost 2-0. Terim(who's known being a clown in chosing players) was critisized by pretty much everybody and the next game Arda was on the field against the swiss, being the genious he is, he proved Terim wrong and won us the game with a goal in the dying minuts, also shined against the czech and had a huge part of our 3-2 win. He played an avarage game against the croats and was suspended against the German, but still. Arda made a name of himselve in international football, not very big, but most people knew who Arda Turan was.

The season after with Skibbe Galatasaray had an aweful year full of injuries and dissapointments, this year Arda is the captain and we have a worldclass coach with Rijkaard (and Neeskens) and instead of being captured at the left flank, Arda has a free-role. Arda's a better player then he was now during the euro's 2008 and simply worldclass IMO.

Galatasaray has started the season impressivly and Arda has been our best player. These are his incredible statics so far this season, as the captain in his free role

Europe ; 5 games : 7 assists & 0 goals
League: 4 games : 6 assists & 2 goals.
NT: 2 games : 2 assists & 1 goal
total : 11 games : 15 assists and 3 goals

Arda Turan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 84 (permalink) Old September 8th, 2009, 02:37
Rising Star

Teams: Bursaspor/BJK/Turkiye!!
genius
post #3 of 84 (permalink) Old September 8th, 2009, 02:59
Legend

Teams: Real Madrid
I was really impressed by him during the Euros. Didn't hear anything about him since, thought he faded away, glad to hear he's even better than last year. Should move to a bigger league next summer.

post #4 of 84 (permalink) Old September 8th, 2009, 07:20
Rob
A true hero
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Hull City Tigers
Yeah the guy is awesome. Was pretty shocked he didn't join a premiership team in the summer.

post #5 of 84 (permalink) Old September 8th, 2009, 09:32
Star Player

Teams: Millwall, Juventus
One of my favourite players in world football. Technically worldclass, will always look to keep the ball and play it out of any situation and he always has a trick or two up his sleeve when dribbling.

Turan beats players through pure skill, he ain't very fast but he always has a trick up his sleeve to beat a man.

Go to the Coaching Thread

Link-https://www.xtratime.org/forum/showthread.php?p=4366994#post4366994

The Dream Team Project

https://www.xtratime.org/forum/showthread.php?t=251243
post #6 of 84 (permalink) Old September 8th, 2009, 09:36
*the drum drum*
Xtratime Legend

I've seen worse players with more glamorous ethnicities makes big transfers abroad. It's criminal that a player like this doesn't have anyone chasing his signature.

post #7 of 84 (permalink) Old September 8th, 2009, 09:43 Thread Starter
Legend

There have been offers from EPL clubs mostly but the board president insisted on him to stay, he got a huge raise in his salary, got the captain-band and is the leader of a team full of internationals. Arda himselve is a big Galatasaray-fan, its like a passionate fan playing for his fav club. There is a possibility he'll stay next year also incase we become champions and reach the CL, and the chances that that will happen are pretty big.

Arda is quite alot better then he was during the euro's, the fact he's not captured at the left flank anymore has a big role in it.

Arda is one of those players who would shine at every team, in every league. The first turkish player I've seen with my own eyes who could be classified as ''worldclass''.

Here is some footage of his last game with the NT. (2.00 his assists, 3.20 his goal)

Last edited by Genco; September 11th, 2009 at 11:37.
post #8 of 84 (permalink) Old September 8th, 2009, 09:44
*the drum drum*
Xtratime Legend

If a bigger club from abroad really wanted him, he'd have left by now.

post #9 of 84 (permalink) Old September 8th, 2009, 09:53 Thread Starter
Legend

Bigger as in one of the topclubs in a big league, then yes incase the offer was high enough.
post #10 of 84 (permalink) Old September 8th, 2009, 17:08
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real_Madrid View Post
I was really impressed by him during the Euros. Didn't hear anything about him since, thought he faded away, glad to hear he's even better than last year. Should move to a bigger league next summer.
Nah, this guy is seriously THE best talent Turkey has ever produced. I'd prefer him staying in Turkey even though he plans on moving to the EPL in the future, he will definitely reach his peak under the influence of Rijkaard and the amount of talent at the club in general.

Im looking forward to the future of Fenerbahce and Galatasaray in the CL. Arda shouldn't leave.

(\(\
( -.-)
o_(")(")

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrkela
Lol ****ing Turks you turned half of Europe Africa and Asia into shit then you emigrated and turned those places into shit too
post #11 of 84 (permalink) Old September 9th, 2009, 02:32
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zico 10 View Post
I've seen worse players with more glamorous ethnicities makes big transfers abroad. It's criminal that a player like this doesn't have anyone chasing his signature.
That's exactly right .

Œuvres complètes de Fikret Smiljanić
post #12 of 84 (permalink) Old September 10th, 2009, 18:18 Thread Starter
Legend

He had a bad game for his standard yet he was the one creating the opportunity's for Turkey.

2.15 ; ''Arda Turan, who else?''

Last edited by Genco; September 11th, 2009 at 11:36.
post #13 of 84 (permalink) Old September 11th, 2009, 00:04
0-1, Huth.
International

This lad is pretty awesome. I'm surprised he hasn't moved abroad yet.

If Carlsberg did forum signatures......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!:
Nottingham Forest 2-5 Yeovil Town

May 2007
post #14 of 84 (permalink) Old September 12th, 2009, 09:10 Thread Starter
Legend

Opinions about Arda after the Bosnia game;

Quote:
Originally Posted by VELEZ1922 View Post
I was impressed with Arda Turan the most from their team,he got by our guys so easily on many occasions.Like that one time in the 1st half he went by like 4 guys with ease.Good young player that should be at a bigger club soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manijak View Post
Yep.

His dribbling was pretty damn impressive..like he had it on a string. Made it look very easy. Might be near the best I've seen..just based on how easy he was going past players and how his ball-control was.
post #15 of 84 (permalink) Old September 12th, 2009, 10:00
Legend

Teams: Liverpool
Would love to see him at Liverpool, just what we need, wanted him over Silva.

lucas21
post #16 of 84 (permalink) Old September 13th, 2009, 06:42
Legend

Teams: Fenerbahçe, Türkiye
Xtratime version of a re-tweet

Quote:
Originally Posted by yenibey
The series of Nike football "Make the Difference" commercials are f***ing awesome.
Have you seen this one for Arda? Wow, that's brilliant

"Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealousy, boastfulness, disregard of all rules, and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence: in other words it is war minus the shooting."
post #17 of 84 (permalink) Old September 13th, 2009, 09:10 Thread Starter
Legend

Arda assisted once again yesterday against Besiktas, it was the first goal. It was a corner and if one of our players wouldnt touch it, it might wouldve gone in directly.

He has had an assist every game so far. Already 7 assist in 5 games only in the league, if he keeps this up he's going to break a record.
post #18 of 84 (permalink) Old September 13th, 2009, 15:36
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Manchester City, West Didsbury & Chorlton AFC
Arda would be good at Juve as a replacement for Nedved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob
Of course you need TGO you retards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutu
ill be honest, im plastered but i well into that women and she was me and i lost her ass
post #19 of 84 (permalink) Old September 14th, 2009, 18:37 Thread Starter
Legend

His two favourite clubs are Liverpool and Juventus, he does prefer the EPL though.
post #20 of 84 (permalink) Old September 14th, 2009, 21:02
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Arsenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC360! View Post
What sort of wages is that lad on? And how much would Gala sell him for?
Wouldn't want to see him at Man. United. I like Arda.

Red is a pleasant colour

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in