Englandsīs next midfielders - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old August 10th, 2009, 22:15 Thread Starter
Rookie

Englandsīs next midfielders

You were talking about it in the Wilshere thread, I think England has some very interesting midfielders for the future. Two years ago I likes specially Henri Lansbury, but playing as an organizer, not near the line or as offensive midfielder. He is very cerebral and has an excellent passing ability, a Guardiola type of player. I hope the trainers donīt worst him.

Chelsea has a very good generation of midfielders with Jack Cork, Michael Woods, Jacob Mellis and specially, Lee Sawyer. Maybe is too difficult for the players to get a place in the first squad, but I think they hav sufficient level to play in medium teams of the Premier League, at least.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old September 8th, 2009, 22:19
Rob
A true hero
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Hull City Tigers
Chelsea's mids don't look anything special.

Next gen is probably Wilshere, Jose Baxter of Everton (Rodwell too if he doesn't move back to CB), John Bostock of Spurs and JonJo Shelvey of Charlton.

Maybe Delph too.

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old September 8th, 2009, 22:25
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Manchester City, West Didsbury & Chorlton AFC
Moses too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob
Of course you need TGO you retards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutu
ill be honest, im plastered but i well into that women and she was me and i lost her ass

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old September 8th, 2009, 22:38
Rob
A true hero
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Moses will likely end up wide, imo.

It is certainly weird how we have all these continental ball playing midfielders coming through at once (aside from Shelvey, who's more the classic English box to box player in the young Gerrard mould), though.

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old September 8th, 2009, 22:39
Legend

Teams: England
Woods is decent, Lansbury hasn't done anything worth looking at... would do well in Spain though perhaps. Bit harsh maybe.

Starting to think that of Bostock too, really needs to pull his finger out. He started off as a very attacking CM and has dried up altogether in that department. Intelligent yes... but same as Lansbury in the passing it sideways with no real drive or endgame. Xavi passes it sideways but as a means to an end, and can then play a killer ball or drive forward himself. Always thinking 5 steps ahead, these guys think a couple steps ahead at best.

I don't see Baxter as a midfielder exactly, same as Porritt perhaps in that he is not incredibly fast to put on the wing. Not strong enough or intelligent enough to be a CM, and can't play as an out and out striker. So ends up doing nothing.

Rose is worth a shout. I like Josh Walker too. Plus Cattermole is really coming on as a dynamic midfielder. A lot of technical players coming through and I can just see them being chewed up by the English system that isn't quite ready for them, especially in coaching terms. I mean I keep seeing Moses played as a striker. We would of played Ronaldinho as a striker and Kaka on the wing. Knobs.

Come visit us in the England Forum

Follow XtraTimeOrg on Twitter

" Marc, ok you won" - Calcio100

I am the circle and the circle is me.

Shall I then fear the tone
That breathes from world's unknown?
Surely these feverish aspirations there
Shall grasp their full desire,
And this unsettled fire
Burn calmly, brightly, in immortal air. - Felicia Hemans
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old September 8th, 2009, 22:53
Rob
A true hero
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

I figure Moyes will know what to do with Baxter, being Arteta's understudy for a while wouldn't be a bad thing.

Plus Mikel, Bilya and Pienaar are in the Everton midfield, so there's some good technique there.

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old September 8th, 2009, 22:57
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Manchester City, West Didsbury & Chorlton AFC
Stanislas could be a useful player as part of a front three.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob
Of course you need TGO you retards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutu
ill be honest, im plastered but i well into that women and she was me and i lost her ass
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old September 9th, 2009, 06:39
Star Player

Teams: Millwall, Juventus
I am also a big fan of Lansbury's. He is a very clever player, he is technically strong and can pick a pass. I think he needs to get stuck in more physically to be a central midfielder, but if he does we could have a very promising player.

Jack Wilshire is definitely the star of Arsenal's youth line. He can beat a man, he can create goals and he despite being small loves to get stuck in.

Mark Randall needs to break through now if he is going to make it. I love his style as a player. So finessed playing balls in. He is technically excellent and has amazing vision, but he hasn't managed to get a run anywhere yet.

Jack Cork is a brilliant player. Everytime I have seen him play he has stood out. He is very hardworking, strong in the tackle and can control a game from deep. He is technically excellent, and he knows how to keep the ball, and play it out. I think we will see him at a Premier League club next season definetly.

Junior Stanislas looks promising. Always seems to cause problems when he comes on with his pace, power and energy. Needs a lot of refining but still has plenty of potential.

Everton looks to have a few good young players coming through. Jack Rodwell looks a certainty to play for England one day. I think he can turn into a top class centreback or central midfielder. He is quick, hardworking, strong, good in the air and strong in the tackle.

Danny Rose when at Watford looked a lot like a young Aaron Lennon. Plenty of speed, not much else. It surprises me John Bostock hasn't managed to break through at Tottenham yet, definetly one of the most talented young English players.

Go to the Coaching Thread

Link-https://www.xtratime.org/forum/showthread.php?p=4366994#post4366994

The Dream Team Project

https://www.xtratime.org/forum/showthread.php?t=251243
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old September 9th, 2009, 08:52
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Arsenal of course
Randall isn't going to make it, all the talent in the world but thinks he is the only one on the pitch such is his poor concentration, will probably do well in Spain or Italy, if he does welll there then perhaps a Championship club will come in for him? p

Di Stefano - the South American Wilshere!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old September 9th, 2009, 08:53
JD
Legend

Tom Cleverley?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in