Talent rankings 2009-onwards..your turn.. - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 61 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2009, 12:41 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zvezda, Feyenoord and Serbia!
Talent rankings 2009-onwards..your turn..

Inspired by Deano and the retrieved talent list from 2001, I think it would be very interesting to see how we, self proclaimed experts of XT, would fair in the world of scouting.

My suggestion is to make a list of players, numbered in order of how well you rate them, younger than at least 21 and not major stars already, although I'm open to suggestion.

This way we would see how well we've done in a few years and in the meantime can keep score of progress or lack of it in this thread.

So, about the rules, Deano, any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 61 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2009, 19:46
JD
Legend

Perhaps do it like the XT WPOTY awards? Each person chooses, say, 10 players in order from 1 to 10. Then the player gets points depending on their position in the list. You add up the points and see who the top 50 are.

Of course this might be too time consuming, so perhaps it would be prudent to only choose 5 players each?
post #3 of 61 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2009, 19:56 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

I was thinking of individual lists, but a XT collective is a good idea as it would combine our knowledge which is spread to talents all over this planet. But personally I think a top 20 would be better in that case, even if it would take more time.

We could also all publish our individual lists and keep track in that case. Anyway I'm no dictator here, so keep the ideas coming and let the majority decide on the format.

post #4 of 61 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2009, 20:00
JD
Legend

I think that's a good idea. Individual lists, plus one XT list as a whole. No rush to get the collective list done, so perhaps guys should already start posting theirs and the big one can be worked out in the future?
post #5 of 61 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2009, 20:49 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Sounds good, so to recap.

- Players must be born after 1/1/88 (you agree on the date?)
- It's a top 20

Player profiles for top 3 picks would be nice as well, but that's up to the person himself.
post #6 of 61 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2009, 23:01
Star Player

Teams: AC Milan, West Ham, & Zeljeznicar
Miralem Pjanic- Lyon

RIP Tose Proeski

BOSNIA
post #7 of 61 (permalink) Old May 21st, 2009, 10:52
JD
Legend

Sounds good, I'll get my list in later today.
post #8 of 61 (permalink) Old May 21st, 2009, 11:30
Rising Star

Teams: R.Antwerp F.C. , F.C. Barcelona
I don't know 20 but
Eden Hazard - Lille!
post #9 of 61 (permalink) Old May 21st, 2009, 15:45
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Roma, Arsenal
OK yes I would say top 20 (you can do more if you want)

I will get mine together and post it tomorrow.

XT Italian Prediction League Winner 2012
XT Serie A Fantasy League Honours
Xt Coppa Italia: 2009/10
XT Supercoppa Italiana: 2010, 2012
post #10 of 61 (permalink) Old May 21st, 2009, 16:14
Rising Star

Teams: RIA RIA HUNGARIA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by barracuda View Post
Pato - Milan
Bojan - Barcelona
Santon - Inter
Balotelli - Inter
Macheda - Man U
WOW, YOUR A GENIUS SCOUT!!!

WHAT A PHENOMENAL LIST, WHERE ON EARTH DID YOU DISCOVER SUCH ARCANE TALENT!?!?!

YOU REALLY HAVE AN EYE FOR THE EXQUISITE!

BE HONEST, YOU WORK AS A SCOUT IN REAL LIFE, DON'T YOU? I BET IT'S FOR A WORLD CLASS CLUB TO....
post #11 of 61 (permalink) Old May 21st, 2009, 16:16
Forum Manager
Legend

haha
post #12 of 61 (permalink) Old May 21st, 2009, 16:26
Legend

Teams: Sympathy for the Devil
Haha, I read the below post only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krle View Post
Sounds good, so to recap.

- Players must be born after 1/1/88 (you agree on the date?)
- It's a top 20

Player profiles for top 3 picks would be nice as well, but that's up to the person himself.
Btw you mother did warm me about your sarcasm, but I can't be sure because her mouth was full at the time

R.I.P. Tazz, good times in Bim we had.

"Have you noticed that their stuff is shit and your shit is stuff?"
- George Carlin (1937 – 2008)
post #13 of 61 (permalink) Old May 22nd, 2009, 03:11
International

Teams: Barcelona, Slovan
Good thread.

Although I predict that this will be rather depressing to read 10 years from now.

Quote:
When one longs for a drink, it seems as though one could drink a whole ocean--that is faith; but when one begins to drink, one can only drink altogether two glasses--that is science.

- Anton Chekhov
Quote:
"We drive into the future using only our rearview mirror."

- Marshall McLuhan
post #14 of 61 (permalink) Old May 22nd, 2009, 09:38
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Arsenal
Jack Wilshere. That is the only name you need, legend.

Red is a pleasant colour
post #15 of 61 (permalink) Old May 22nd, 2009, 11:48 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Guys guys guys, it's not about naming one talent or top 5's and we agreed not to go for settled world class players. :thmbdown:

It's a top 20 and here's mine after some thinking. I went with the players I've seen in action, most of them regularly, others because of interest. So sorry to missing Brazilian, Spanish or Portuguese talents, I see too little of them to be able to judge. It might be a bit Balkan/Dutch league orientated, but time will tell if I was right in my judgement.

20 Matej Delac, Croatia, 92, a huge goalkeeper, especially for his age and quite the talent
19 Luc Castaignos, Holland, 92, striker who's broken all Dutch youth scoring records and has just finished second at the U17 EC, scoring a goal in the final, some say a young Thierry
18 Marko Arnautovic, Austria, 89, controversial character, but a silky smooth striker who can play out on the wing, has the moves to pass his marker, a bit like Zlatan
17 Mario Ticinovic, Croatia, 91, saw this kid make his debut for Hajduk last season and at age 16 he was already playing like a veteran, a real pair of balls on his kid
16 Batuhan Karadeniz, Turkey, 91, a real targetman with skills, considered Turkey's top attacking talent
15 Alan Dzagoev, Russia, 90, smooth attacking midfielder, great dribbler with a more than fine technique, one of Russia's leaders of tomorrow I think
14 Ben Sahar, Israel, 89, on loan at De Graafschap in Holland he's shown why he's a top talent, surrounded by mostly duds he's been able to lift the club with sublime individual skill, mentality seems a bit off though
13 Marko Marin, Germany, 89, made his debut for the NT already despite not always being a regular at Borussia MG, still a lightning fast dribbler with scoring capabilities, Messi mould I'd say, but obviously, not as good
12 Mahamadou Sakho, France, 90, gigantic defender, starter at PSG already and is really a strong player, good header and potentially one of the world's best defenders
11 Franco Zuculini, 90, Argentina, haven't seen that much of him, but enough to know he's special, looks like a box-to-box midfielder of obvious class, can shoot, is fast and has a good technique, could be another Gago though, so who knows
10 Miralem Pjanic, Bosnia, 90, Bosnian playmaker, has bags of quality, is a bit of a lightweight, but turns like Zizou in his day and has a great through ball
9 Leroy Fer, Holland, 90, a proper defensive midfield talent, is tall, strong, a good jumper, header, has a great technique and a good passer, is a bit slow though
8 Miralem Sulejmani, Serbia, 88, had a bad season I admit, but a lot of the blame goes to their former coach, who was clueless, the Sulejmani from Heerenveen will make people forget about guys like Robben, if only he manages to stay focused
7 Ivan Obradovic, Serbia, 88, from out of nowhere has grown into a starter in the NT and is sure to move to a bigger league this summer, an attacking leftback with the proper defensive skills to go along with it, while it's often one or the other, he combines both
6 Daniel Villalba, Argentina, 92, made his debut for River already, considered one of their finest attacking talents in decades, very petite player though, but fast as hell, hope he developes physically
5 Stevan Jovetic, Montenegro, 89, youngest captain at Partizan last year and really mature for his age, has had moments of brilliance this season but is still adapting, watch him explode next year
4 Georginho Wijnaldum, Holland, 90, revelation of the Dutch league this year, our own great dribbler, doesn't have the vision to make him stand out yet, but technically and dribbling wise, he's a phenomenon.
3 Eden Hazard, 91, Belgium, I just love this little guy, so much class out there, rarely displayed by such a young player, has everything to become a leading world class midfielder
2 Erik Lamela, Argentina, 92, considered a wonderkid even years ago, but unlike most who either fade away or stagnate, he's managed to develop even further, plays behind the strikers and could become one of the best
1 Adem Ljajic, Serbia, 91, swing like a butterfly, sting like a bee, Adam floats on the pitch graciously and yet manages to decide matters with a single shot, seriously, I'm putting my money on this kid to win player of the year some day

My list, as I said, it's based on what I see on a weekly basis or follow (i.e. Argie youth squads).

Hope to see more people join in, Dekalog, JD, Deano and others, think about it and give us your list.

Last edited by Krle; May 22nd, 2009 at 12:10.
post #16 of 61 (permalink) Old May 22nd, 2009, 12:12
Legend

If Francisco Duran (88, CM) stops getting injured every month then he will make it it big, great talent.
post #17 of 61 (permalink) Old May 22nd, 2009, 15:31
JD
Legend

20. Sofiane Feghouli - Grenoble
19. Jack Wilshere - Arsenal
18. Eden Hazard - Lille
17. Jack Rodwell - Everton
16. Javier Pastore - Huracan
15. Douglas Costa - Gremio
14. Carlos Vela - Arsenal
13. Lulinha - Corinthians
12. Mahamadou Sakho - PSG
11. Sergio Asenjo - Villarreal
10. Vincenzo Fiorillo - Sampdoria
9. Alan Dzagoev - CSKA Moscow
8. Fabio De Silva - Man Utd
7. Guilherme - Dynamo Kyiv
6. Davide Santon - Inter

Now for the top 5:

5. Davide Petrucci - Man Utd: His arrival at United has been eclipsed by fellow Roman, Macheda's scoring feats. If Petrucci wasn't injured for the latter half of the season though, you can be sure it would have been him making the headlines. A wonderful talent.
4. Matías De Federico - Huracan: At 19 years of age, already one of the most feared players in the Argentinian Primera División, forming a formidable partnership with Javier Pastore (#16). De Federico marked his international debut with a goal as well.
3. Federico Macheda - Man Utd: On the verge of breaking out into arguably the best team in the world, at such a tender age. His 2 goals at crucial times pretty much secured the Premier League title for the English giants. A silky smooth finisher in the mould of classic Italian forwards of the past.
2. Axel Witsel - Standard Liege: A midfielder who has already been linked with Europe's finest, It seems to be only a matter of time before this classy youngster moves on to bigger and better things. Along with Fellaini and Defour, Witsel will form the backbone of Belgium's national team for many years to come. With this trio in midfield, great things will be expected from the Belgian public.
1. Adem Ljajic - Partizan: Usually being labelled the 'next Kaka' would be the kiss of death for a player's career but Ljajic is someone who looks like he really could not only equal the great Brazilian, but surpass him. Ljajic has a wonderful shot on him, and he has that gracefullness, that effortless ability to use the ball however he wishes, that characterises the best players in the world. My pick to become one.

There you have it. I'll fill in the rest of the profiles at some point in the future.

Last edited by JD; May 23rd, 2009 at 18:12.
post #18 of 61 (permalink) Old May 22nd, 2009, 15:48
Legend

Wow, Krle, where did you discover Batuhan Karadeniz?

Incredibly strong and talented for his age, but his mentality is as shitty as it gets. Arrogant piece of trash who's just gifted.

He scored 226 goals in 86 games in his youth at Besiktas and, 25 in 26 games for turkey u15, 18 in 28 in u16 and 2 in 1 game for u21, he's also capped for the A-team once.

He came to the first squad of Besiktas at his 16th(last year) and scored a goal, making him the youngest scorer ever in the turkish league but he didnt get much playing time and was loaned out to Eskisehirspor where he makes quite an impact and is showing his talent on the biggest stage in Turkey, he scored already around 10 goals I think and plays in the first 11 every week.

here's 2 nice goals he recently scored
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pwSuNHCpy0
post #19 of 61 (permalink) Old May 22nd, 2009, 16:24
International

Teams: Barcelona, Slovan
There is another Turkish kid, Yildirim, at Bursaspor, that looks interesting.

Quote:
When one longs for a drink, it seems as though one could drink a whole ocean--that is faith; but when one begins to drink, one can only drink altogether two glasses--that is science.

- Anton Chekhov
Quote:
"We drive into the future using only our rearview mirror."

- Marshall McLuhan
post #20 of 61 (permalink) Old May 22nd, 2009, 16:30
Legend

Yeah, he's a first 11 player for his club who are doing very well this season and he scored vs us and fener this season if I'm not mistaking.

I think he also scored around 10 goals this season but physicly he's a bit weak, but thats normal for his age I sepose, not everybody is a freak of nature like Batuhan.

Out of the two, Karadeniz is obviously the brighter talent tough, but like I said he has a shit character and already had quite a few howlers so far in his short carreer IN and outside the field.

Sercan was scouted by Mutd and Batuhan by Mcity btw before they even got in the first team but their clubs didnt let them go.

The only turkish talent that could play for a big side at this moment is Arda Turan, unfortunatly he's 1 year too old to be listed in this thread, I rate him very highly, best turkish player in my eyes at the moment and def. the most gifted one I've witnessed.

Last edited by Genco; May 22nd, 2009 at 16:38.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in