The 25 Best of Class of 1992 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old March 27th, 2009, 08:46 Thread Starter
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Teams: INTER & Tottenham Hotspur
The 25 Best of Class of 1992

globoesporte.com picks their 25 best of class of 1992...anyone agrees?

================

Stephan El Shaarawy (Italy - Genoa)

Marco Ezio Fossati (Italy - Inter)

Davide Petrucci (Italy - Manchester United)

Pedro Mba Obiang (Spain - Sampdoria)

Jonjo Shelvey (England - Charlton)

Jack Wilshire (England - Arsenal)

Wilms Alessio (Germany - Lazio)

Luis Gustavo (Portugal - Barcelona)

Christian Landu Landu, (Norway - Viking FK)

Nikola Sarica (Denmark - Liverpool)

Filip Djuricic (Serbia-Heerenven)

Uros Palibrk (Slovenia - Milan)

Vaclav Kadlec (Czech Republic - Prague S.)

Shekiladze Irakli (Georgia - Empoli)

Philippe Coutinho (Brazil - Vasco da Gama)

Ajoke Duarte Brandao (Portugal - Real Madrid)

Neymar da Silva Santos Junior (Brazil - Santos)

Raul (Brazil - Santos)

Erik Lamela (Argentina - River Palt)

Diego Polenta (Uruguay - Genoa)

Johhans Dulcien (Chile - Colo Colo)

Diego Suarez (Bolivia-Dinamo Kiev)

Torrice Jebrin (Ghana - Portsmouth)

Oguzhan Özyakup (Holland - Arsenal)

José Baxter (Everton England)

My heart = INTER...No Matter Win or Lose...

Zanetti : I still remember my first day at Inter. I arrived with a plastic bag with my boots inside and I crossed the crowd of fans who were asking who I was. That's where it all started.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old March 27th, 2009, 08:55
Scudetto
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Associazione Calcio Milan
I think no one will be able to answer your question
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old March 27th, 2009, 08:57
Defunct
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Forza, Allez, Amunt
Class of 1992 means they graduated in 92, doesn't it? I was expecting to see people like Giggs and stuff.

La Juve? Lasciamo perdere.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old March 27th, 2009, 09:39
Rob
A true hero
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Hull City Tigers
Yeah, only ever seen Wilshere and Baxter play, they both look very good but maybe a bit similar to each other. Dunno about the rest of the list.

post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old March 27th, 2009, 12:34
JD
Legend

I thought Djuricic signed for United? Coutinho has definitely signed for Inter, I know that much.

Anyway as Jani says, this is pretty hard to answer, considering hardly any of thise guys have made substantial first team appearances. I mean Petrucci looks good, but good enough to be in the top 25 of his generation? Far too early to tell.

Erik 'rabona boy' Lamela is that kid with videos on youtube from when he was 14 or something right? Good to hear he's still doing well.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old March 27th, 2009, 14:06
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

I've seen many of these players in action, not many times as youth games aren't given very often.

Interesting how yet another of Atléticos canteranos has been stolen by another club, Pedro Mba Obiang left the past summer. He's a striker as far as I'm concerned and did quite well during his time in Atlétis youth systems.

Davide Petrucci (Manchester United), Jack Wilshere (Arsenal), Nikola Sarić (Liverpool), Neymar (Santos), Torric Jibril (Portsmouth), Oguzhan Özyakup (Arsenal) and José Baxter (Everton) are the more well-known players in this age-group.

As for Filip Đuričić; he was only on trial with Manchester United in January this year, then he went back to Serbia and would eventually sign for Heerenveen. I just had the chance to see him in the U17 Elite Round two days ago and he definitely seems like a promising player.

Đuričić is a playmaker and has pretty low gravity, very good passer of the ball, can find openings that a "10" usually only finds so he's definitely got vision and projection as well. He's also really good technically for his age and organizes the game very well for his team.

Decent crossing as well.

As for other prospects; Atlético has two really good prospects coming through their ranks at the moment.

Borja González (1992-08-25): This kid has a similar goalscoring rate to Fernando Torres when he used to play for Atlétis youth teams before Luis Áragones brought him up to the first team. Borja has scored over 250 goals since his father, who's a goalkeeping coach, brought him to the club. He scored 50 goals in 29 games during his first year for Cadete A and then went on to play on junior level this year where he's got 21 goals in 25 appearances.

Borja has also scored 5 goals in 6 appereances for the spanish U17-team this season. The most impressive thing was perhaps last year when he ended up beating Portugal on his own by scoring 5 goals in a 7-0-win in a youth tournament.

Abel Resino even invited him to train with the first team this week and he ended up scoring five goals in his first training with Atléticos first team minus the internationals, plus two goals yesterday when they organized a scrimmage against Atlético C.

Tall, strong and very good in the penalty area. Atléti definitely needs a player of these qualities in the future. He should be ready to play for Atlético B if Abraham García wants him as the junior leagues are ending in 3-4 weeks.

Jorge Resurrección Merodio (1992-01-18): He's more known as Koke and Wenger has been trying to sign him for over a year now. This guy is a keypart of Atlético B in Segunda División B and captain of the spanish U17-selection (only player to actually play in Segunda B) out of his teammates.

Koke is a defensive midfielder and organizes the game well from his positions, good passer of the ball and has a nice shot that he should use a lot more. Played for Cadete A last season, but was moved up to Atléti B right away when he showed his potential and quality, so that's why he skipped the juniorlevels. A hard worker who's described as a crossover between Albert Zápater and Xavi in the way he plays by his teammates, I personally think he's an excellent example of a young player that can take the step from lower level to play in the third division in Spain. Very intelligent player IMO.

He should be on Atlétis first team when they go on pre-season.

Sergio Marcos González (1992-02-03): This is another of Atlétis big prospects coming out of the cantera. He plays for Juvenil A and has been great together with Germán Pacheco, Dani Martín and Borja González this season. An attacking midfield organizer who can create a lot of chances with his excellent passing.

The big four, plus Manchester City have been trying to steal him as he's got no professional contract with Atléti. He's a fan of the club though and travelled nearly 120 km to train and play for Atléti, every single day until two years ago. The club is going to renew his contract soon hopefully.

Was a part of the spanish U17-team, but they have plenty of option as their "10", so that's why he's finally been left out. Isco of Valencia has that spot at the moment.

Add the fact that Spain have Isco (Valencia), Iker Muniain (Athletic) and Pablo Sarabia (Real Madrid) playing for Spains U17-team at the moment and you'll have a bunch of great players mixed together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrix
zoric man, do you have like 5 screens in your room streaming 7 channels while simultaneously following 10 livescore websites?

p
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoRiS_ThE_BuLLetDoDgeR View Post
ZORIC!!!

Feeling depressed about Kosovo? We still have ZORIC!!!

When someone asks for the most famous Serbian exports, you answer "Slivovica, Tesla i ZORIC!!!"

Last edited by zoric; March 27th, 2009 at 14:17.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old March 27th, 2009, 17:31
Legend

Nikola Sarica was born in 91
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old March 28th, 2009, 05:59
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
Legend

I don'yt need to know anyone there to say that only two brazilians and only one argie sounds bizarre...I'm just looking through my window a kid in the park better than all of them...

"De cada 10 personas que ven televisión...5 son la mitad"
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old March 28th, 2009, 08:57
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Argentina,Jordan Basketball NT,Jordan youth teams
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangio View Post
I don'yt need to know anyone there to say that only two brazilians and only one argie sounds bizarre...I'm just looking through my window a kid in the park better than all of them...
And that kid is Sergio Araujo for sure

This list is absured and stupid!

Villalba, Araujo, Balbuena, Espindola to name a few are better than Lamela...so to not name a non argie.

However, watch the U-17 sudamericana next month in Chile and you will poop over all those in the list.

Vamos Argentina!
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old March 28th, 2009, 16:36
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by numerodix View Post
Class of 1992 means they graduated in 92, doesn't it? I was expecting to see people like Giggs and stuff.
haha..my thoughts exactly
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old March 28th, 2009, 17:45
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
And that kid is Sergio Araujo for sure

This list is absured and stupid!

Villalba, Araujo, Balbuena, Espindola to name a few are better than Lamela...so to not name a non argie.

However, watch the U-17 sudamericana next month in Chile and you will poop over all those in the list.
..I was just kidding...though anyway is true that if two countries won almost every YWC and have three players among 25, doesn't seem a good scouting

"De cada 10 personas que ven televisión...5 son la mitad"
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old March 31st, 2009, 12:58
Star Player

Teams: Millwall, Juventus
Jonjo Shelvey is a great prospect. He could be one of the first English players in a while who can control a game and create chances. Technically very strong and his vision is very good.

Jack Wilshire is an unbelievable player. I think in terms of technical ability, he is in front with a large percentage of the England squad. He is very quick, got a great low centre of gravity, he is tough enough not to be bossed and he can beat players, to create chances.

Go to the Coaching Thread

Link-https://www.xtratime.org/forum/showthread.php?p=4366994#post4366994

The Dream Team Project

https://www.xtratime.org/forum/showthread.php?t=251243
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old March 31st, 2009, 14:45
Xtratime Legend

Only players on that list who I've seen play are Baxter, Wilshere & Shelvy.

"It's up for grabs now!"

Arsenal - Incongruentia Per Cladis
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old March 31st, 2009, 15:51
International

Teams: Chelsea, Deportivo, Parma and Dortmund
I don't know about a lot of the players on the list, but I think turkish Gokhan Tore deserves to be there.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old March 31st, 2009, 16:08
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

That list doesn't bring up many of the talented and upcoming players, it's mainly players who's known for the regular youth football follower or players who have gotten some kind of attention early on.

Töre is definitely a great player, he was excellent with Turkeys U17's last season. He's a fast, tricky and techincally gifted youngster who uses his dribble well, good at crossing and can play as a LB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrix
zoric man, do you have like 5 screens in your room streaming 7 channels while simultaneously following 10 livescore websites?

p
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoRiS_ThE_BuLLetDoDgeR View Post
ZORIC!!!

Feeling depressed about Kosovo? We still have ZORIC!!!

When someone asks for the most famous Serbian exports, you answer "Slivovica, Tesla i ZORIC!!!"
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old April 20th, 2009, 06:24
waq
Star Player

Teams: Galatasaray
Gokhan Tore as a LB? He is a completely offensive player never seen him in any kind of defensive role... offensive all rounder describes him very well as he can play on either wing, behind the strikers, or even as a second striker, good with both feet, so good he can use both feet on dead ball situations depending on which one is more advantageous for the occasion. It took me a while to eventually conclude that he was naturally a left footed player. He needs to get a lot stronger though and might also do good with a new haircut...
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old April 21st, 2009, 01:08
Star Player

Teams: AC Milan, West Ham, & Zeljeznicar
Its Nikola Saric not Sarica

RIP Tose Proeski

BOSNIA
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old April 21st, 2009, 13:16
Legend

Teams: Real Madrid
Quote:
Ajoke Duarte Brandao (Portugal - Real Madrid)
its Alipio, not Ajoke, unless that was a joke!

and hes brilliant, really looks the part.

"A problem in my heart compels me to retire but my heart is still beating Real Madrid"

Ruben De la Red

post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old April 23rd, 2009, 21:29
Rising Star

Teams: Seleçao Portuguesa, Benfica & Barça
Alipio is Brazilian..

futebolsense.blogspot.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in