UEFA Cup : Brann - Zagreb - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old November 29th, 2007, 21:09 Thread Starter
Star Player

This is ubelievble, we totally outplayed you and even with 10 men we were better. Brann honestly look like a mid-table Croatian team. We looked like the home team during the whole game, Brann playing Bunker at home ...wtf? But we have ourselves to blame we made in to difficult when attacking, and was very uneffective infront of goal. Schildenfeld's misstake (penatlty/ red card) was decisive for the outcome of the game.

This really sucks as Dinamo totally owned the game vs Basel aswell, it will be difficult to go thru now but I think we can take points from HSV and Rennes aswell, we usually play even better against stronger sides... but I'm allmost certain in wont be enough.

Last edited by Hrvatino; November 29th, 2007 at 21:25.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old November 29th, 2007, 21:29
Rising Star

Yeah we suck defensively but we haven't played a match in 3 weeks either, and our season ended over a month ago. In addition take the injuries to two very important players in CB Sigurdsson and striker Winters, also midfielder Jaiteh, and losing former Monaco-player El Fakiri to yellow cards. We are in the middle of a transition period aswell, we have already lost our and Norway's captain Andresen, others are on their way out and we are still waiting for reinforcements towards next season. I wouldn't go throwing bricks in a glass house if I were you, looking at the table a mid table team in Croatia wouldn't have a chance in hell of beating you. We did, while playing poorly to boot.

But wrong thread.

Last edited by Bruiser; November 29th, 2007 at 21:45.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old November 29th, 2007, 22:15 Thread Starter
Star Player

Please don't tell me you didn't see the dominance? And the techical advantage of our players? We totally outplayed you! I was really suprised to see Brann this weak (first time I see you though), this is how a Croatian league match look for us. But like I said we only have ourselves to blame, just like we had against Basel. Sometimes football is unfair...Congrats on the victory though

Sorry for posting in the wrong thread, your FM's can move it.

Last edited by Hrvatino; November 29th, 2007 at 22:36.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old November 29th, 2007, 22:21
Star Player

UEFA Cup : Brann - Zagreb

2-1.

1-0 Bjarnason
1-1 Vukojevic
2-1 Bakke
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old November 29th, 2007, 22:24
Star Player

It was easy to see Brann was out of form, the season is over in Norway and we haven't played anything except the UEFA cup games this month. So, we were rusty, but at least we got the important points. Nice to finally have some luck after all the results going against us in the first two games.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old November 29th, 2007, 22:38
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
Dinamo were technically better but they didn't finish their numerous chances, and Brann took the few chances they had. Although Dinamo had something like 20 shots at 15 corners, you have to say a lot of the Brann attacks (even though there were few) were dangerous, they even had a one-on-one with Koch

They sat back and hurt Dinamo on the counter. It is a bitter lose for Dinamo but typical for any Croatian side, even when they play great they find ways to lose
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old November 30th, 2007, 00:08
Rising Star

If you look at the amount of chances made, the better side didn't win, but neither was this us at our best. I was horrified by our performance.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old November 30th, 2007, 18:44 Thread Starter
Star Player

Luka Modrić:

- It all went wrong. We should have been 3 goals up allready at halftime. Their goal shocked us and it's hard to return with just 10 men, especially on a pitch like this. It ain't over yet, Dinamo still has the chance and we will fight for it.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old November 30th, 2007, 18:51
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Stade Rennais, Latvia.
You will certainly go trough, we are completely shit at the moment.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in