Simon Kjær - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old November 20th, 2007, 14:15 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Liverpool
Simon Kjær

Can anyone post some info on this guy, apparently we have been watching him and seem interested in him. Apparently he is a very big talent

Vicente05® will be back
Kroos05
® is the future

No Kroos no party baby!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old November 23rd, 2007, 12:40
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by arfy05
Can anyone post some info on this guy, apparently we have been watching him and seem interested in him. Apparently he is a very big talent
Best CD prospect since Agger. Just awarded the talent proce as the best Danish player of they year under 19 years of age, and will most likely be promoted to the U21 team next year (still just 18). Much ahead of the curve technically and in terms of intelligence and has the frame and pace to come just right physically as well.

But he hasn't earned his spurs at all as he is not a regular first team player at FC Midtjylland yet. So - big difference to Daniel who was more or less the real thing already when you bought him and just needed some polishing and bulking up.

I hope he goes elsewhere to get into senior football sooner... or that he stays in Denmark to develop more before making the move which he inevitably will.

Finally, FC Midtjylland knows they have a rough diamond and are not inclined to sell, before they develop him more to get a Kings ransom (in Danish terms that is what Agger was). Hence there's been talk about loaning him out instead, but he has gotten a few games recently with the first team I think. With Agger, he came in under the radar and his development just exploded when he became a regular at Brøndby. That is rare - but could happen to Kjær too.

APATHY: A word now fallen into disuse due to a lack of concern for it.

The debute said it all: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guo5p...eature=related
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old November 26th, 2007, 01:11 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Liverpool
Thanks for the information Glen, very insightful. So he has the talent and seems to be of a similar standard too Agger in terms of being technically good for a defender, maybe this is a Danish trait.

Right now Liverpool are after a new centre back to be a first team squad member and the fact they consider this guy along with Garay speaks volume of how highly the scouting network rate him. Lets see what happens.

Vicente05® will be back
Kroos05
® is the future

No Kroos no party baby!!!!!!!!!!

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old November 27th, 2007, 10:09
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by arfy05
Right now Liverpool are after a new centre back to be a first team squad member and the fact they consider this guy along with Garay speaks volume of how highly the scouting network rate him. Lets see what happens.
Well, I don't particularly rate your scouts on past performances .
When I recently saw two Danish talents being tracked (and one signed) by Arsenal, I was a happy camper immediately knowing that Arsene would see to it that they deliver on their talent .

Garay is great though and obviously at a completely different level from Simon Kjær at present.

APATHY: A word now fallen into disuse due to a lack of concern for it.

The debute said it all: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guo5p...eature=related
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old December 2nd, 2007, 13:05
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen
Well, I don't particularly rate your scouts on past performances .
When I recently saw two Danish talents being tracked (and one signed) by Arsenal, I was a happy camper immediately knowing that Arsene would see to it that they deliver on their talent .

Garay is great though and obviously at a completely different level from Simon Kjær at present.
Any info on these players glen?
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2009, 22:02
Doc_Rule

I'm hopeful that Rafa will move for Kjaer this summer. Kjaer and Agger together will be a great partnership for Denmark and hopefully we can have it at Liverpool.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old January 5th, 2010, 03:13
Forum Manager
Star Player

Teams: FC Barcelona
Palermo bekræfter City-interesse i Kjær

Palermos sportsdirektør, Walter Sabatini, bekræfter, at Manchester City, er interesseret i Simon Kjær, men den sicilianske klub vil ikke sælge den danske forsvarsspiller.

Manchester City har i de seneste uger, og særligt efter at Roberto Mancini har sat sig i klubbens managersæde, været nævnt som en rigtigt varm bejler til Palermos danske stortalent Simon Kjær.

Nu bekræfter Palermo så, at der er noget om snakken, men det er langt fra ensbetydende med, at forsvarsspilleren er på vej til City of Manchester Stadium.

- Det er sandt, at Manchester City er meget interesseret, men der har ikke været nogen bud, siger Palermos sportsdirektør, Walter Sabatini, ifølge sportinglife til siciliansk tv.

- Der har kun været snak mellem mig og en person fra den engelske klub, men jeg sagde, at vi ikke ville sælge ham.

I samme moment fortæller Sabatini, at Simon Kjærs frikøbsklausul ikke er gældende i dette transfervindue.

FC BARCELONA proud sponsor of ARSENAL FC since 2000 :frownani:
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old July 8th, 2010, 16:01
Forum Manager
Star Player

SIMON KJÆR -> Wolfsburg

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old August 20th, 2010, 22:55
Legend

He had a poor debut against Bayern.

Looked out of place and unsure many times, very lucky not to give away a penalty when he got on the wrong side of Ribery in the area.

Needs time to settle obviously but a poor first match for him.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old August 21st, 2010, 00:55
Forum Manager
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maturin View Post
He had a poor debut against Bayern.

Looked out of place and unsure many times, very lucky not to give away a penalty when he got on the wrong side of Ribery in the area.

Needs time to settle obviously but a poor first match for him.
Yeah so I've heard. But I'm sure he will bounce back. and ooze class in no time.

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old August 21st, 2010, 02:03
Xtratime Legend

First match and plus Wolfsburg is not the best team to make an immediate impact as a central defender. They were a shambles last season there and often leave their stoppers exposed with only Josue often protecting them. Even Barzagli, a decent defender struggled badly as of late.

Kjaer has too much quality to fail as he did excellently well in a league where you can't get away with not knowing how to defend.

Œuvres complètes de Fikret Smiljanić
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old August 28th, 2010, 16:28
Legend

Well he got destroyed in a one one for the winning Mainz goal today. Got turned inside out.

His team as well as him having problems.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in