UEFA Cup : Brann - Hamburg - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old October 24th, 2007, 00:48 Thread Starter
Rising Star

UEFA Cup : Brann - Hamburg

Regular starters Robbie Winters and Martin Andresen(cpt) are out injured. Is Karadas ready to play a full game yet?

Probable lineup:
4-4-2
Opdal
Dahl Bjarnason Sigurdsson Corrales
Solli El-Fakiri Bakke Vaagan Moen
Bjørnsson Helstad

Possible starting changes:
Azar Karadas in for Armann Bjørnsson or Kristjan Sigurdsson
Erik Huseklepp in for either Jan Gunnar Solli or Petter Vaagan Moen
Knut Walde in for Kristjan Sigurdsson
Cato Guntveit in for Bjørn Dahl
Erlend Hanstveit in for Ramiro Corrales
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old October 24th, 2007, 01:00
Star Player

I doubt Karadas will play a full game, but he'll most likely be subbed in like usual. Not sure if Hanstveit or Corrales will play.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old October 24th, 2007, 12:16
Star Player

The injury situation seems to force some dramatic changes for the starting eleven.. instead of our proven 4-4-2 formation, we'll most likely play a 4-4-1-1 with Bakke as a supporting striker. He's long wanted to play a more attacking role in the midfield, so this might be interesting, but I'd by far prefered to see Winters play. Still, it's a better alternative than Bjørnsson I imagine.

Håkon Opdal
Bjørn Dahl - Olafur Bjarnason - Kristian Sigurdsson - Erlend Hanstveit
Jan Gunnar Solli - Tijan Jaiteh - Hassan El Fakiri - Petter Vaagan Moen
Eirik Bakke
Thorstein Helstad

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old October 24th, 2007, 18:54 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Hanstveit replacing Corrales? What's that about?
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old October 25th, 2007, 14:36
Star Player

Hanstveit is the regular left back at Brann. Coralles played last round cause Hanstveit got some issues with astro turf, and they didn't want to risk his back before the UEFA cup match.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old October 25th, 2007, 18:00 Thread Starter
Rising Star

That wasn't what I meant, Corrales was supurb against Brugge, and also AaFK. IMO Corrales has qualities that Hanstveit doesn't have. Hanstveit does too many defensive errors.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old October 25th, 2007, 18:49 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Oh my, terrible first half. Solli, El Fakiri and Siggy have been totally useless.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old October 25th, 2007, 19:20 Thread Starter
Rising Star

0-1. So poor.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old October 25th, 2007, 21:41
Legend

Teams: Aalesunds FK & Crystal Palace
I will be very surprised if HSV isn't the best team in the group. True, it was a poor match from Brann, and I think the midfield was screaming for Martin Andresen, but Brann should have a fair chance in the rest of the matches. Just too bad you met HSV in Bergen.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old October 26th, 2007, 14:07
Star Player

HSV is definately the best team I've seen Brann play in years. We could have won with lots of luck, but it wouldn't have been fair. Solli was lousy, was like seeing him play for Rosenborg. Used too much time and couldn't control the ball properly. Helstad didn't get any running balls so he could challenge the HSV defense. Really missed Andresen's passes in this game.

Opdal was great like always. Other than that, only El Fakiri and Ørn2 gets a passing grade from this match. Bakke showed class in some situations, but he ran out of juice too early.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old October 26th, 2007, 14:11
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser
That wasn't what I meant, Corrales was supurb against Brugge, and also AaFK. IMO Corrales has qualities that Hanstveit doesn't have. Hanstveit does too many defensive errors.

Hanstveit has played better than Corrales this season in my opinion. Hanstveit has just had some very vocal people whine about him and trying to make him out to be worse than he is. He's had a couple of defensive errors, but mainly when the midfield hasn't been around to give the support they're supposed to. Andresen and PVM has given the ball away and created a lot more difficulties for the defense than Hanstveit has. And Hanstveit is the vice-captain. Of course he'll play if Andresen isn't availiable.

Corrales has been too hesitant the times he's gotten the chance. Apart from the freekick, he didn't do all that well against AaFK. The Brugge game was good though.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old October 27th, 2007, 01:19
Star Player

Could easily have been 2-1 to us, but the best team won to be fair. But Helstad should have scored atleast one. Well was fun to watch, since I really wanted to see HSV live

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in