Congrats - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2007, 01:57 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Congrats

congrates on makin euro 08, i know its early, but we are just terrible and i doubt we can win away,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2007, 06:49
Legend

Teams: Aalesunds FK & Crystal Palace
It's way too early, but we do have a fair chance of making our first big championship since 2000. That would be nothing short of amazing. The match against Turkey at Ullevaal will be intense, and anything can happen.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2007, 08:14
Premier Player

If it's one thing our team is capable of, it's messing this up. We're not through at all.

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2007, 14:09
Rising Star

We rarely win important matches against strong opponents at home under Hareide, much because we really don't have a style of play. I will definately look forward to the match, I just hope we play with some confidence.
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2007, 14:25
Defunct
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Forza, Allez, Amunt
Stave off Turkey and that should do it. Well within reach.

La Juve? Lasciamo perdere.
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2007, 18:27 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser
We rarely win important matches against strong opponents at home under Hareide, much because we really don't have a style of play. I will definately look forward to the match, I just hope we play with some confidence.
we are not a strong oppenent, Terim does not even have a tactic, its who ever gets the ball dribble halfway down the field and cross it or shoot it. Terim is a disgrace to turkish football, our defenders are slow and u can get passed them anytime, cant defend set pieces for their lives.

And we barely tied u 2-2 in frankfurt. if it wasnt for ur goalie we would have lost.

Emre captain of the team last greece game, just recently started playing for newcastle, and only as a sub. Tuncay a sub for middlesborough, this guy has completly lost it. our fowards are crap cant do anything. Our defenders are amateurs and our goalie is known for making mistakes but he has good this year so unless he gets injured we are good.

u can beat us 3-0 imo
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old October 20th, 2007, 21:23
International

A win here would be overwhelming, a draw would be amazing, while a loss would be expected.

Don't try to jinx us. p

But in all honesty, this will be a very tough and grueling match, I wouldnt be too surprised if it ends in a 0-0 tie.
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old October 22nd, 2007, 05:41 Thread Starter
Rising Star

i doubt, u guys would have beaten us easily last time if it wasnt for ur goalie. ur attack is too good for our defese, we would be better off with trees
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old October 24th, 2007, 11:17
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracula
Don't try to jinx us. p
That's my domain
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old October 24th, 2007, 17:09
International

Teams: 1.FC Nürnberg, 1.FCN reserves, QPR, P.F.C
I haven't followed the Norwegian NT much lately, but I was just wondering if Tommy Larsen still plays for your team. I mean the last time I saw his name in the lineup he was only a bench player.

Good luck for the last quali games.

GLUBB

"Unsre Liebe unser Leiden unser ganzer Stolz bist du! Wir werden niemals untergehn wir werden immer zu dir stehn unsre Fahnen sie wehen auch wenn du mal verlierst, allez allez, Nürnberg allez......"
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old October 25th, 2007, 14:47
Star Player

He's gotten some bench time in the Euro qualifying, but not when everyone else is fit. He's old and over the top. Still can perform decently for his club team, Odd Grenland, that struggle to avoid relegation every year, but not as consistently as some years ago.
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old October 27th, 2007, 12:18
International

Teams: 1.FC Nürnberg, 1.FCN reserves, QPR, P.F.C
Nice to hear that. He's got a damn good character, that's why he was so popular here in Nürnberg.

GLUBB

"Unsre Liebe unser Leiden unser ganzer Stolz bist du! Wir werden niemals untergehn wir werden immer zu dir stehn unsre Fahnen sie wehen auch wenn du mal verlierst, allez allez, Nürnberg allez......"
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old November 17th, 2007, 20:05
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Manchester United
Congratulations Turkey.

By far the better side and you actually play decent football unlike us.

Good luck next summer.
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old November 17th, 2007, 20:14
Legend

Teams: Manchester United, Inter
Were Norway that bad?
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old November 17th, 2007, 20:16
*the drum drum*
Xtratime Legend

No, Norway was the better side, and had they actually been a decent football team would've surely won tonight.

Turkey didn't create a single chance, it was just two great goals from distance. One from Emre, a cracker, and the other from Nihat.

Otherwise, Norway found a fair few decent chances, and completely dominated the second half. They just aren't really that talented (no offence), especially technically.

All is not over, unless Bosnia lays down and plays dead in the next match, with the football on display by Turkey they'll be more than a headache for us.

post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old November 17th, 2007, 20:24
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Manchester United
Quote:
Originally Posted by Şeytan
Otherwise, Norway found a fair few decent chances, and completely dominated the second half. They just aren't really that talented (no offence), especially technically.
None taken

NB. The Bosnia game is at home right? Surely a win for the turks then.
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old November 17th, 2007, 20:29
*the drum drum*
Xtratime Legend

It's in Turkey, but as you know a must win.

Norway, playing rather stale football found enough chances on the break to win this one, imagine what Bosnia could do with their quicker forwards. In the first match in Sarajevo, they toyed with Turkey on the break.

They're the sort of team who would have a much easier time against us in Turkey rather than at their own home.

The only thing is that Bosnia seems to be in some sort of turmoil, they probably won't turn up motivated at all.

post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old November 17th, 2007, 21:19
AUY
Rookie

whow hold your horses there cowboy.

Here are some facts about the game you obviously haven't got your brains around:

1 We gave debuts to 4 players in this game...yes 4!

2 We played almost in the middle of the bleeding north pole in the middle of winter.

3 Away!

4 Massive pressure on the players, to do or die.

And we won! what else did you expect a 4-1 5-1? The quality of the team simply surfaced against an albeit limited negative team, but how many other teams could've pulled it of

Your attitude is so churlish mate...it stinks of ulterior motives.
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old November 17th, 2007, 21:38
I like things
Legend

Teams: Fenerbahce SK
we had all the possession, all the the shots, norway would only create chances off the touches, their whole game revolved around earning a touch...

Turkiye was bad but I think norway was a little worse, carew sucks

El Fricko
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old November 18th, 2007, 00:42
*the drum drum*
Xtratime Legend

I don't expect 4-1 or 5-1, but I expect a team to create at least one chance throughout 90 minutes of football.

You need to realise that this match was not the be all, end all. If Bosnia performs like they did in the first match, and we perform like we did last night, then we WON'T beat Bosnia.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in