2x Premier League debut this weekend - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old August 12th, 2007, 19:43 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Teams: Valencia CF
2x Premier League debut this weekend

2 young guns made their debut this weekend, how do you see their chances this season in PL?

Kasper Schmeichel

Son of the great Peter Schmeichel, he is like his dad playing in Manchester, but not United.
Only 20 years old and therefore it's not the easiest thing in the world to earn the respect of the City defence.
When Issakson is back he will be on the bench again, but even before then Sven is planning on signing a new GK'er.

Also Joe Hart is out, so i don't think we will see him again this year for City, unfortunately.

Nicklas Bendtner

Already a big name on the danish national team. I see him scoring 5-8 goals this year. He will be a good sub for Arsenal because of his hight and heading power he will be great for games like today (Fulham, home) to come in and trash the game.
He's young and can be cocky at times, but if he can control his ego he has a big season ahead of him imo.

What are your thoughts on the new danish PL players?

OBAMA! BRING BACK ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT!

Jordi Alba > Jessica Alba

Last edited by DonJuan21; August 16th, 2007 at 15:26.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old August 16th, 2007, 15:25 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Teams: Valencia CF
Kasper held his second cleen sheet and it looks like Svennis prefer him over to Joe Hart now
Things are looking good for him.

OBAMA! BRING BACK ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT!

Jordi Alba > Jessica Alba
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old September 16th, 2007, 11:03
Legend

Teams: Liverpool
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonJuan21
Nicklas Bendtner

Already a big name on the danish national team. I see him scoring 5-8 goals this year.
Doubt he'll play 5-8 games let a lone score 5-8 goals, going to take an injury to one of van Persie, Eduardo and Adebayor for him to get any real time except for the Carling Cup and the odd sub appearance when they are cruising.

From a NT point of view, would be better for him to be at a club like West Ham or Blackburn, good Premiership sides with some good players and would get a lot more games.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old September 16th, 2007, 14:47
Forum Manager
Star Player

Teams: FC Barcelona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas Leiva
Doubt he'll play 5-8 games let a lone score 5-8 goals, going to take an injury to one of van Persie, Eduardo and Adebayor for him to get any real time except for the Carling Cup and the odd sub appearance when they are cruising.

From a NT point of view, would be better for him to be at a club like West Ham or Blackburn, good Premiership sides with some good players and would get a lot more games.
He should have stayed with Birmingham, his isn't even at starter for Denmark anymore. He needs more minutes.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old September 16th, 2007, 18:01
Legend

Teams: Liverpool
Definitely, playing every week at Birmingham is better then sitting on the bench for a world-class side like Arsenal (well doesn't even get on the bench) but you can't blame Arsenal, they have to do what is in their best interests. It's up to Bendtner to take his chances when he gets them and prove he's worth a place, problem is he's competing with three very good strikers in van Persie, Adybayor and Eduardo so it's hard to see when he will get a chance. Personally I think he will be off next season.

Just watched the City-Villa game, first time I've seen Kasper, can't say I was very impressed- flapped at a lot of balls. Very young for a keeper though, I hope he will develop into a top class one.

Daniel Agger is a phenom btw.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old September 16th, 2007, 18:33
Forum Manager
Star Player

Teams: FC Barcelona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas Leiva
Definitely, playing every week at Birmingham is better then sitting on the bench for a world-class side like Arsenal (well doesn't even get on the bench) but you can't blame Arsenal, they have to do what is in their best interests. It's up to Bendtner to take his chances when he gets them and prove he's worth a place, problem is he's competing with three very good strikers in van Persie, Adybayor and Eduardo so it's hard to see when he will get a chance. Personally I think he will be off next season.

Just watched the City-Villa game, first time I've seen Kasper, can't say I was very impressed- flapped at a lot of balls. Very young for a keeper though, I hope he will develop into a top class one.

Daniel Agger is a phenom btw.
100 % Spot on there mate.

About Bendtner, i'm sure he will be a starter in the Carling cup matches. Apparently he talked with Wenger about his situation, and they agreed that if he won't get more minutes on the pitch soon they will loan him out in January. Sunderland was one of the clubs that were interested, probably Birmingham as well.

As yes DAgger is great. Unfortunately he came from a shit club before joining Liverpool. p

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in