TL Round 11: SK Brann - Aalesund FK (20/6-07 19:00) - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old June 19th, 2007, 08:20 Thread Starter
Star Player

TL Round 11: SK Brann - Aalesund FK (20/6-07 19:00)

Well, time for revenge. Sadly, Opdal is out with a suspension and our backup goalie got a thigh strain, but will hopefully be ready for the match.

Brann needs to really crush AaFK to regain some respect after this weekends embarassing showing, but I'm not convinced it'll happen.

Our central midfield doesn't seem to function properly, especially not from the beginning of the matches. Weird since we arguably got our strongest names there.

I'd like to see the following 11 start.
Thorbjřrnsen
Dahl - Bjarnason - Sigurdsson - Hanstveit
Solli - Andresen - Haugen - PVM
Helstad - Winters

Sadly, I'm sure Sćternes will get to start instead of Winters, and Mjelde probably feels like he'll have to use one of the big-name signings instead of the hard-working Haugen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old June 20th, 2007, 13:33 Thread Starter
Star Player

Edited for relevance-purposes

Last edited by Jinxter; June 21st, 2007 at 11:46.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old June 20th, 2007, 21:02
Legend

Teams: Aalesunds FK & Crystal Palace
I don't know if I was impressed with Brann today, or more disappointed at Perry's tactics. Certainly Brann kept an intense pressure in the first half, and if Sæternes/Winters had been better in front of goal the score could either have gotten ugly, or AaFK would have had to do something much earlier. Hopefully you will meet a much improved AaFK in the second half of the season. An AaFK that dares attack, that is not suffering from injuries/suspensions, and that can actually play real entertaining football and still win.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old June 21st, 2007, 11:45 Thread Starter
Star Player

I'm kinda disappointed with the result. Apart from a shot in the crossbar and the late distanceshot that resulted in their goal, Aalesund created nothing. Brann should have put this game to rest much earlier. We dominated from the beginning till we were up by two goals. Then the team fell down and just tried to rest themselves to an easy victory.. I had expected more from Brann, but it's not easy against teams that don't try to play football, just hope for a lucky draw.

I'm glad we got three points though. And Bakke made his return to the first team. Both good news.

1-0 PVM
2-0 Sæternes

Andresen played one of his better games of the season, hopefully this means he'll be sharp this fall. He's taken a lot of time to get started this year.

The ref did okay. Could have dealt a few more yellow cards maybe, Sæternes was lucky to stay on the pitch.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in