NM Kvinner 2007 [R] - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old May 11th, 2007, 19:07 Thread Starter
Rising Star

NM Kvinner 2007 [R]

The draw for the second round of this year's NM Kvinner (Norwegian Women's Cup) was announced today:

Rapid - Holmestrand

Manglerud Star - Team Strømmen

Vålerenga fotball - Asker

Borgen - Røa

Fart - Kolbotn

Runar - Amazon Grimstad

FK Larvik - Skarphedin

Donn - Haugar

Sola - Klepp

Nymark - Sandviken

Voss - Arna Bjørnar

Volda - Fortuna

Tynset - Trondheims-Ørn

Byåsen - Kattem

Ranheim - Fløya

Medkila - Grand Bodø

These matches are scheduled for May 22nd.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old May 12th, 2007, 15:02
Legend

Teams: Aalesunds FK & Crystal Palace
Quote:
Originally Posted by nordby1
Volda - Fortuna
Even though I like Fortuna's new coach, it doesn't seem like they have a very strong squad this season. They should win this one easily though.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old May 22nd, 2007, 07:39 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange
Even though I like Fortuna's new coach, it doesn't seem like they have a very strong squad this season. They should win this one easily though.
Do you know anything about Fortuna's opponent, Volda? Also, do you happen to have a link to the first round results?

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old May 22nd, 2007, 08:07 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Quote:
The draw for the second round of this year's NM Kvinner (Norwegian Women's Cup) was announced today:

Manglerud Star - Team Strømmen

Borgen - Røa
It will be interesting to see how well Team Strømmen and Røa play three days after suffering their first losses of the season. Manglerud Star is an opponent that ]Team Strømmen can't take lightly. Last season in the First Division, Manglerud Star finished in fourth place, only two points behind Grand Bodø.

I don't know much at all about Røa's opponent Borgen, but here is the link an article I just attempted to read:

Borgen drømmer om Røa-exit

Quote:
Andredivisjonslaget Borgen debuterer i cupen, og skal gi regjerende cupmester Røa kamp om avansement.

Last edited by nordby1; May 22nd, 2007 at 08:25.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 2007, 11:04
Rising Star

Rapid - Holmestrand 1-0

Manglerud Star - Team Strømmen 0-3

Vålerenga fotball - Asker 0-9

Borgen - Røa 1-4

Fart - Kolbotn 0-7

Runar - Amazon Grimstad 0-17

FK Larvik - Skarphedin 7-0

Donn - Haugar 2-4

Sola - Klepp 0-2

Nymark - Sandviken 0-6

Voss - Arna Bjørnar 0-6

Volda - Fortuna 0-5

Tynset - Trondheims-Ørn 1-8

Byåsen - Kattem

Ranheim - Fløya 0-6

Medkila - Grand Bodø 3-0
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 2007, 17:49 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutan

Byåsen - Kattem
'Tusen takk' for posting all of those second round results. When I went to the NFF site yesterday it was down. :frustrat:

The NFF site is up again today and here is the only result that wasn't posted yesterday:

Byåsen Kvinnefotball - Kattem 2-4
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2007, 18:37 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Grand Bodø knocked out of NM Cup Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutan

Medkila - Grand Bodø 3-0
The only Toppserien club that failed to advance to the third round was Grand Bodø, which lost to their former 1st division rival Medkila. It was not that big of an upset to have Bodø lose on the road to a club that only finished three points behind them last season, but I was surprised to see that they lost by as many as three goals.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old May 25th, 2007, 07:08
Legend

No real upsets. Grand doing decent in the top league, after only barely promoting, and then losing in the cup to a first division team shows that the quality of the second best teams in Norway is getting better. Which is good news for Fortuna Ålesund. Their 5-0 beating of Volda was expected, but still a good sign of the rounds to come.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old May 31st, 2007, 17:59 Thread Starter
Rising Star

NM Kvinner 3rd Round Draw

Here are the results of the 3rd round draw:

Rapid - Asker Fotball K

Team Strømmen - Kattem IL

FK Larvik - Røa IL

Amazon Grimstad FK - IL Sandviken

SK Haugar - Klepp IL

FK Fortuna - Kolbotn IL

SK Trondheims-Ørn - Arna Bjørnar Fotball

Medkila IL - IF Fløya
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old June 12th, 2007, 18:03 Thread Starter
Rising Star

3rd round NM Cup matches

Quote:
Here are the results of the 3rd round draw:

Rapid - Asker Fotball K

Team Strømmen - Kattem IL

FK Larvik - Røa IL

Amazon Grimstad FK - IL Sandviken

SK Haugar - Klepp IL

FK Fortuna - Kolbotn IL

SK Trondheims-Ørn - Arna Bjørnar Fotball

Medkila IL - IF Fløya
I would expect the "Big 3" of Kolbotn IL, Røa IL, and Asker FK to win their cup matches today without too much difficulty. I also don't expect 5th place Team Strømmen to have any trouble defeating 10th place Kattem IL at Strømmen Stadion or 6th place Klepp to have any problem on the road against SK Haugar.

However, three of the matches could be quite interesting, especially 8th place Trondheims-Ørn hosting 4th place Arna Bjørnar. After four straight losses in league play, it now looks like Ørn's only chance at winning any silverware this season could be in the Cup.

Arna Bjørnar on the other hand is playing extremely well in the league having gone unbeaten in their past six matches. The Bergen area club will also be motivated to avenge their loss in the Cup to Ørn last season.

I don't have time to attempt any English translations right now, but here is a preview of today's match at Color Line stadion between Fortuna Ålesund and Kolbotn:

Quote:
Her er utvilsomt Kolbotn storfavoritt. Laget leder Toppserien og er ubeseiret så langt i seriespillet. De to eneste kampene de ikke har vunnet er de to første bortekampene, hvor de spilte uavgjort. Spenningen ligger nok i hvor stor seieren skal bli, og hvilket mannskap trener Trine Lise Andersen velger å bruke, sparer hun nøkkelspillerne eller kjører hun toppet lag? Fortuna kommer fra Ålesund og spiller i 1. divisjon daglig. På de første 7 seriekampene har de 1 seier (borte over Linderud/ Grei 1-0), 3 uavgjorte og 3 tap, faktisk har alle de 3 siste kampene endt med uavgjort. Dette resulterer i 6 poeng og 9. plass (nest sist) på tabellen. På hjemmebane har de 2 tap og 1 uavgjort som kom i siste kamp, blir det årets første hjemmeseier tirsdag vil det utvilsomt være århundrets cupbombe. I 1. runde slo Fortuna Træff 8-0, mens i 2. runde ble det seier 5-0 over Volda. Kolbotn slo Fart 7-0 i 2. runde.
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old June 13th, 2007, 14:08
Legend

Medkila - Fløya - 3-1 ,Amazon Grimstad - Sandviken 4-1, Fortuna Ålesund - Kolbotn 1-5, Haugar - Klepp 0-6, Larvik - Røa 0-6, Rapid - Asker 0-7, Team Strømmen - Kattem 7-1 og Trondheims-Ørn - Arna-Bjørnar 1-4.

Medkila beat Grand Bodø 3-0 last round, and defeated Fløya by 3-1 this round. If Medkila as predicted beats Tromsdalen this coming weekend, they will have beaten all the other three Northern Norwegian teams in the top two divisions this season. Two of which they have sent out of the cup, and unlike Medkila, both play in the top league.

Ørn suffered another loss, and this is set to be their worst season ever now.
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old August 6th, 2007, 17:42 Thread Starter
Rising Star

4th Round NM Cup Fixtures

Here are the 4th round NM cup fixtures with each club's current table position:

06. august, 2007

#6 Klepp IL - #3 Asker Fotball Kvinner

#1 Kolbotn IL - #8 Amazon Grimstad FK

#2 Røa IL - Medkila IL (Third place in 1st division)

#5 Arna-Bjørnar Fotball - #4 Team Strømmen

t will be interesting to see how many goals are scored when Klepp plays Asker. In their three previous matches Klepp IL has scored 15 goals while Asker has managed to find the back of the net 20 times!!

Kolbotn hosted Amazon just over four weeks ago and won 7-1 after holding Kolbotn to a 1-1 draw earlier this season in Grimstad. It will be interesting to see if Amazon can bounce back from their 5-0 loss at home to Asker last Saturday, and give the league leaders a good match. The last time Amazon lost 5-0 at home, in their very next match they pulled off their biggest upset of the season defeating #2 Røa 4-2 .

The last time Arna-Bjørnar played Team Strømmen the two clubs battled to a 0-0 draw at Strømmen Stadium. Team Strømmen currently has the longest unbeaten streak having not lost a match in the past two months, while Arna-Bjørnar has lost two straight to Røa (2-1) and Asker (7-0) after upsetting Kolbotn (3-2).

Last edited by nordby1; August 6th, 2007 at 17:49.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old August 7th, 2007, 20:56 Thread Starter
Rising Star

NM Cup 4th Round [R]

Here are the results of today's NM Cup 4th Round matches:

Klepp IL - Asker Fotball Kvinner 0 - 1 (0 - 0 )

Kolbotn IL - Amazon Grimstad FK 2 - 1 (0 - 0)

Røa IL - Medkila IL 4 - 1 (2 - 0)

Arna-Bjørnar Fotball - Team Strømmen 2 - 1 (2 - 0)

In her first NM cup match since 2003, Marianne Pettersen came up huge for Asker Fotball Kvinner today scoring the winning goal in dramatic fashion. After scoring 20 goals in their previous three matches the only goal Asker FK needed, in order to advance to the NM Cup semifinals for the fourth straight year, was Pettersen's strike in the 85th minute.

Here are the match statistics for Asker's win that were posted at the askerfk.no website:

NM 2007: Klepp – Asker Fotball Kvinner 0 - 1 (0 - 0 )

Scoring: 0-1 Marianne Pettersen 85
Attendance: 120

Asker Fotball Kvinner: Ingrid Hjelmseth (Juliane Fredin Larsen, 46) – Janne Stange (Line Holter, 62), Toril Hetland Akerhaugen, Mia Bak, Siri Nordeide Grønli – Leni Larsen Kaurin (Reidun Nilsen, 90), Katrine Pedersen, Lisa-Marie Woods, Ragnhild Gulbrandsen – Melissa Wiik, Marianne Pettersen.

Last edited by nordby1; August 8th, 2007 at 06:21.
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old August 8th, 2007, 08:41
Legend

Old heroes never fade I suppose.

I'm sorry for your loss (Team Strømmen), but it's good that we didn't get only Oslo based teams in the quarterfinals. The Oslo area domination is already way too big in women's football.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old August 9th, 2007, 10:35 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Marianne Pettersen Continues her Comeback!

Quote:
Old heroes never fade I suppose.
I wonder what the chances are of Marianne deciding to come out of retirement once again to play in another World Cup for Norway?

After announcing that she no longer wanted be an assistant coach and instead wanted to devote her full attention to playing fotball, Marianne Pettersen just played three straight matches for Asker in only six days. In those three matches Marianne played a total of 244 minutes and was only subbed out of Asker's huge victory over Røa after the score was already 6-0.

With Ragnhild back healthy and scoring goals again it looks very likely now that Pettersen's teammates Gulbrandsen and Wiik will be Norway's first two choices for starting forwards when the World Cup commences in a little over a month. However, with all of the injury problems Ragnhild has had it could be extremely important to have an experienced veteran like Pettersen available to fill in for Ragnhild just as she has done most of the this Toppserien season for Asker.

I don't think that there is any doubt that Pettersen could still play an important role if she comes out of retirement one final time and plays in her fourth World Cup for Norway. At the very least having one of their all-time best goalscorers available to come off the bench could really make the difference for Norway especially in a close match.

Quote:
I'm sorry for your loss (Team Strømmen), but it's good that we didn't get only Oslo based teams in the quarterfinals. The Oslo area domination is already way too big in women's football.
I agree with you that "the Oslo area domination is already way too big in women's football," and would have been perfectly happy to have seen Medkila IL and Amazon Grimstad advance to the semis along with Team Strømmen and Asker Fotball Kvinner.
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old August 21st, 2007, 09:41
Legend

Asker beat Røa 1-0, and have now advanced to the cup final.
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old August 22nd, 2007, 13:27
Legend

In the other semifinal Kolbotn beat Arna-Bjørnar 2-1. This means that Kolbotn and Asker will meet in the cup final.
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old August 30th, 2007, 18:28 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Dream Cup Final

Quote:
In the other semifinal Kolbotn beat Arna-Bjørnar 2-1. This means that Kolbotn and Asker will meet in the cup final.
"Tusen takk" Orange for posting the semifinal results while I was on vacation. I just took a look at the following article and if I understand it correctly, Arna set an attendance record, but I'm not sure what the crowd total actually was.

Klart for drømmefinalen

Quote:
Spesielt i starten av kampen var bortelaget noe rufsete foran et rekordstort hjemmepublikum, aldri før har så mange tilskuere overvært en Arna-Bjørnar- kamp på Arna stadion.
Okay - in another article posted at the fotball.no site it says that the crowd was over 1,000. Still it would be nice to have the exact attendance posted somewhere especiallyh considering the importance of the match.

Klar for drømmefinale mot Asker

Quote:
Det var imidlertid hjemmelaget som åpnet best foran over tusen tilskuere i solskinnet på Arna stadion.
At Føyka stadion the attendance for Asker's semifinal victory was 630, so this is very good news for women's fotball that both of these semifinal matches had such good attendance figures. Hopefully there will also be another record-setting crowd at Bislett for the Cup Final.

Last edited by nordby1; August 30th, 2007 at 18:41.
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old November 10th, 2007, 17:31 Thread Starter
Rising Star

NM Kvinner Cupfinale [R]

Kolbotn wins the 2007 NM Cup Final by the score of 4-2. Kolbotn's Isabell Herlovsen Lehn opened the scoring in the 8th minute and Asker's Katrine Pedersen scored the equalizer in the 14th. Kolbotn took the lead in the 20th minute on an own goal by Toril Akerhaugen and then in the 36th minute Toppserien leading scorer Melissa Wiik scored her first Cup Final goal to level the score at two.

In the second half Trine Rønning put Kolbotn ahead 3-2 in the 62nd minute on a beautiful free kick and then Rebecca "Ole Gunnar" Angus put the match away for Kolbotn in the 70th minute, scoring just two minutes after coming in as a sub for Ingrid Schjelderup.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in