TL Round 4: Rosenborg BK - SK Brann (29/4-07) - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old April 25th, 2007, 23:30 Thread Starter
Rising Star

TL Round 4: Rosenborg BK - SK Brann (29/4-07)

It's ready for the second big game of the year for us, away against last seasons league winners Rosenborg. RBK have so far won, drawn and lost in their three first matches (GF/GA 6-6), whereas Brann stands with a perfect record of 9 points and 8-2 goal differential.

I expect a close contest between the two heavyweights in Norwegian football, with Brann as the slight favorite.

Probable Brann lineup:

--------------- -Opdal
Guntveit - Bjarnason - Sigurdsson - Hanstveit
------------- Andresen(c)
Solli ----------------------- Vaagan Moen
--------------- Gashi
----------Helstad - Sæternes

Probable Rosenborg lineup:

I have no idea.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old April 27th, 2007, 13:52
International

This will be a good game, its on TV2 20.00. I am suprised to see Helstad doing so well. Gashi with his amazing stamina will also have to be stopped. I think if Rosenborg is able to stop Andresen from controlling the game, then we will have a good shot at stopping Branns attacks. Andresen seems slow nowadays and he needs a player who is on him all the time.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old April 28th, 2007, 22:14
Star Player

Rosenborg always muster some extra energy when facing us, so they might manage an unfair draw, but based on the form so far this season, Brann should be clear favourites. Still, Rosenborg away is one of the toughest game in a season. Beating them will be bonus points.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old April 29th, 2007, 09:47
Star Player

Brann's made some changes in the lineup for today's match... I'm not too impressed by them :

4-4-1-1
Opdal
Guntveit - Ørn1 - Ørn2 - Hanstveit
Solli - Haugen - Gashi - PVM
Andresen
Helstad

This is, obviously, a more defensive lineup. And the dumbest thing you can do at Lerkendal is to play defensively. Hopefully Mjelde got a plan, cause I'm not seeing it. With Rosenborg's shaky start to the season, we should just attack and get them into their usual pattern. Not invite them into the game by playing defensively.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old April 29th, 2007, 15:37
Legend

Teams: Aalesunds FK & Crystal Palace
From an outsider's point of view, this must be the match of the season so far. I'm really looking forward to seeing just how good Brann is this season. Therefore I'm also a little bit disappointed that you have changed your lineup, because the one you had last match was just stellar. Mjelde knows best though.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old April 29th, 2007, 16:46
Star Player

We'll see.. Untill proved wrong, I'm sure I know better than Mjelde though Hopefully I'm mistaken today.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old April 29th, 2007, 21:25
Star Player

Mjelde is a dork.

He didn't field Haugen, but might as well have.
We played defensively and invited Rosenborg to roll all over us. And his first sub was the only dangerous player we had. Maybe Helstad was injured, but otherwise it was a dumb substitution..

I'll write more tomorrow when I'm less disappointed I guess.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in