Transfer rumours - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old April 21st, 2007, 15:55 Thread Starter
Star Player

Transfer rumours

I just figured I'd make a thread where we can talk about the unconfirmed rumours about new Brann players..

I guess the most common rumours are about Karadas and El Fakiri joining Brann this summer, we have those every season.

The most recent is that Pelle Nilsson is joining Brann. Brann needs a new central defender, and Pelle is upset with Odd after they mucked up his transfer to England this winter.

Think it'd be an interesting signing, but kinda doubt he'd join another Norwegian club.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old April 22nd, 2007, 05:27
Rising Star

After seeing Stabćk totally ridicule RBK I want to rob Stabćk for their best players, Tchoyi, Stenvoll and Alanzinho
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old June 8th, 2007, 08:44 Thread Starter
Star Player

Robbie Winters' younger brother, David, has visited Bergen this week, and has trained with the team, just for fun I suspect. He said he'd love to come to Brann and he's availiable on a free transfer. Robbie has also said he'd like to maybe sign an extension to his contract.

Scottish newspapers have mentioned David being offered a one year deal, but I seriously doubt it.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old June 15th, 2007, 15:04
Premier Player

Teams: KS Skenderbeu
Sabino Plaku from FK Apolonia is on trial at Brann. In a friendly the other day he scored 5 goals and was the best striker on the field even outshining Helstad. It looks as if he will be the new addition.

No matter how you try ALBANIANS never die
We just retaliate with hate then we multiply.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old June 15th, 2007, 22:39
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korcari45
Sabino Plaku from FK Apolonia is on trial at Brann. In a friendly the other day he scored 5 goals and was the best striker on the field even outshining Helstad. It looks as if he will be the new addition.
Says here that Sebino Plaku (22) showed some good qualities in training. It wasn't so much a training match, but rather a regular training with the squad playing against each other. With several of the regulars recuperating from yesterdays cup-match, some talents from 2nd division side Fana was brought up to train with Brann. Fana's Yaw Amankwah is shown in the bottom picture in a one-on-one with Plaku.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old June 16th, 2007, 08:41 Thread Starter
Star Player

He sounds a lot like Ludvigsen, which is a bit strange since he was just loaned out, but if he's good enough, that's great. I like that kind of players
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old June 19th, 2007, 08:23 Thread Starter
Star Player

Pelle Nilsson to Brann?

Herr Nilsson was in Oslo and watched Lyn-Brann this weekend and Brann's sporting director admits he's a name they've discussed.

Rosenborg has also been in touch with Odd about the defender.

He'd been a very good buy imo. Not as solid as last year, but would probably improve with better teammates and a gold to fight for. Kinda bad for morale when Odd won't let him go abroad and keep fighting to avoid relegation every year.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old June 19th, 2007, 16:40
Rising Star

Brann decided not to offer the 22 year old albanian striker Sebino Plaku a contract. Plaku came to Bergen last wednesday but did not manage to impress his way into Brann's squad.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old June 20th, 2007, 09:15 Thread Starter
Star Player

Haugen to TIL?

Tromsø is interested in getting Helge Haugen as a replacement for Bernier it seems. Sounds like a bad idea. Haugen is a great squad player and is always willing to work harder to get back into the team instead of whining as soon as he is benched. I really hope Brann will keep him.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old June 20th, 2007, 12:59 Thread Starter
Star Player

Celtic player on trial

The 20 year old Icelandic striker Kjartan Finnbogason will be on trial with Brann this week. He's currently playing for Celtic's youth team, but wants to play regularily at a senior level and won't renew his contract with Celtic. He's scored 24 goals in his 28 appearances.
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old June 20th, 2007, 13:11
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinxter
Celtic player on trial

The 20 year old Icelandic striker Kjartan Finnbogason will be on trial with Brann this week. He's currently playing for Celtic's youth team, but wants to play regularily at a senior level and won't renew his contract with Celtic. He's scored 24 goals in his 28 appearances.
We need an established striker, someone who can score goals on the same regular basis as Helstad. I doubt this Finnbogason guy is the answer.
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old June 20th, 2007, 13:15 Thread Starter
Star Player

He's a good alternative to Sæternes if Mjelde absolutely wants to play with a big guy up front.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old June 21st, 2007, 19:12
Premier Player

Teams: KS Skenderbeu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser
Brann decided not to offer the 22 year old albanian striker Sebino Plaku a contract. Plaku came to Bergen last wednesday but did not manage to impress his way into Brann's squad.

Brann offered him 40 thousand per year and Plaku declined as he can make that money in Albania. Plaku and his manager wanted 400 k for the span of 4 years while Brann offered him only 230 k. It wasnt that they were not impressed or not they didnt wanna give the money. Plaku also scored 4 goals against the Turkish top flight team Antalyaspor in a friendly game in december. Im happy he will prolly sin with KF Tirana givingthem a stronger team in the CL. Good luck to Brann the rest of the way.

No matter how you try ALBANIANS never die
We just retaliate with hate then we multiply.
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old June 21st, 2007, 20:33 Thread Starter
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korcari45
Brann offered him 40 thousand per year and Plaku declined as he can make that money in Albania. Plaku and his manager wanted 400 k for the span of 4 years while Brann offered him only 230 k. It wasnt that they were not impressed or not they didnt wanna give the money. Plaku also scored 4 goals against the Turkish top flight team Antalyaspor in a friendly game in december. Im happy he will prolly sin with KF Tirana givingthem a stronger team in the CL. Good luck to Brann the rest of the way.
40.000 what? Euro? That's simply not true. It's way below the minimum wage in the Brann squad, and there's no way they'd offer that to a player they were interested in signing.

This must be something his agent has cooked up. Brann wasn't interested in signing him because he wouldn't strengthen the squad.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old June 22nd, 2007, 11:54 Thread Starter
Star Player

Good impression

Kjartan Finnbogason has impressed during training, and might be a possible solution to our lack of strikers. He seems to enjoy his trial and Bergen, and says he wants to join a top club that fight for trophies. Having 3 other Icelandic players in the squad doesn't hurt either, especially since they're mostly in the NT.
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old June 22nd, 2007, 11:57 Thread Starter
Star Player

Jan Åge Fjørtoft is in Bergen to talk to Huseklepp about a possible transfer to Lillestrøm. Sad news really, I hope he'll stay with the club and fight for a posisition in the starting eleven, instead of run off. He got qualities that are very useful in some games. And I'm sure he'll get plenty of chances once injuries and cards sideline PVM or Solli.
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old August 14th, 2007, 08:40
Rising Star

http://www.nettavisen.no/innenriks/i...cle1284908.ece

Brann are concidering making a bid for Azar Karadas, who still has one year left in his contract with Benfica.

I'm personally hoping we sign him, as a defender. As a striker he's not consistant enough IMO, but he does on occasion reveal his finishing potential.
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old August 14th, 2007, 10:35 Thread Starter
Star Player

Yeah, he'd be a decent replacement for Ørn1. He's faster, but I think he lacks the tactical overview to become a top defender. I'm a bit afraid two gung-ho fullbacks like Azar and Ørn2 won't cut it. I'd rather have someone more reliable.

I dunno, he's an alright signing, but won't really strengthen the starting eleven. Rather they concentrated on signing a new top striker.
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old August 15th, 2007, 10:27
Rising Star

I'd really like to see us sign a striker with "pondus" who knows where the goal is, constantly. Brann is interested in loaning Håvard Flo from Sogndal (what is he, 38?), who is a steady goal scorer, but hardly a starter. Mjelde probably thinks if H. Larsson can do it for Man United, H. Flo can do it for Brann

I dunno, class strikers at a reasonable price are scarce this days. Tarik Elyounoussi for example is a very talented forward, but pricy, and he needs to lay on a few kg's of muscles to really take a step forward. If he does though, he'll instantly be a force to be reckoned with, as if he isn't already.

Oluwasegun Abiodun is an interesting player in my book. Strong, quick, scores alot of goals in 1st division, and still young. Anyway, it will be interesting to see what Mjelde conjures up, either way we are in need of a striker than can step up straight away.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in