LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old April 13th, 2007, 12:39 Thread Starter
Legend

Teams: Aalesunds FK & Crystal Palace
How to view Norwegian matches online

http://webtv.tv2.no/webtv/

...but it does cost money.

Click on "fotball", = "football"
then click on "kampsenteret se kampene her", = "match center see the matches here"
then click on the match f.ex. "Aalesund vs Start",
then click on "bli kunde" = "become a customer"
and on "tv2sport fortsett" = "tv2sport continue".

After that it gets a little tricky. You can pay NOK 99,- for just that match, NOK 149,- for a month of matches, or NOK 1399,- for the whole season and beyond, a whole year of access actually.

nok 99 = usd 16,2
nok 149 = usd 24,4
nok 1399 = usd 229,3

You then have to fill in:
brukernavn - user name
passord - password
bekreft passord - confirm password
e post - e mail for confirmation of order
fornavn - first name
etternavn - last name

then kredittkort = credit card
fill in card number in the big square
mm = month your card expires f.ex. 07
= year your card expires f.ex. 08
cvc = three digit number on the back of your credit card,

followed by clicking on "fortsett" = "continue".

After this you should be able to find whatever match you want to see.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old April 13th, 2007, 12:41
Defunct
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Forza, Allez, Amunt
Are you a subscriber to this? What is the stream quality like?

La Juve? Lasciamo perdere.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old April 13th, 2007, 13:10 Thread Starter
Legend

I used it many times last season, and to look at AaFK vs Molde two weeks ago. The quality right now is very acceptable, and it's getting closer and closer to tv quality every year.

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old October 6th, 2007, 15:34
Rising Star

I was thinking about watching the Klepp-Kolbotn match tomorrow until I just noticed that the kickoff was 05.00 California time. After all of those insanely early kickoffs for all of Norway's VM matches in China, I really want to see what it is like to sleep in on a Sunday morning again.

Does anyone know if it is possible to watch highlights from the Norwegian Toppserien matches on TV2's webtv or on any other Norwegian website? Also how can I check TV2's webtv schedule for the next month?

På forhånd takk!
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old October 7th, 2007, 15:09 Thread Starter
Legend

I'm sorry, but I can't help you much. I can't find either of the things you are looking for.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old November 10th, 2007, 17:39
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange
I used it many times last season, and to look at AaFK vs Molde two weeks ago. The quality right now is very acceptable, and it's getting closer and closer to tv quality every year.
Do you ever have buffering problems while watching matches on TV2's webtv? I had really good success the first three weeks watching matches "live," but it was very difficult to watch today's NM Kvinner Cupfinale.

I ended up missing three of the five goals and for most of the match it was very frustrating to listen to the commentary because my computer was constantly buffering.

Last edited by nordby1; November 10th, 2007 at 20:48.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old November 10th, 2007, 18:07
International

The quality is excellent really, I have used it several times to see Rosenborg. I advise to buy a week ticket rather than a match ticket though, the week ticket is almost the same pricing but it allows you to re-view all games a week long so you get a lof of value for your money.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old November 10th, 2007, 20:57
Rising Star

Watching TV2 Sumo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackedpleasures
The quality is excellent really, I have used it several times to see Rosenborg.
That is good to hear that you are having such success watching Rosenborg matches on TV2 Sumo. For the most part the video quality has been good for me, but sadly it was really bad this morning and it made it extremely frustrating to watch the Kvinner CupFinale.

Right now I'm watching the Lyn-Start match from last week and am having absolutely no problems at all with the buffering issue. Hopefully I will get another chance to watch the Cup Final later this week.

Quote:
I advise to buy a week ticket rather than a match ticket though, the week ticket is almost the same pricing but it allows you to re-view all games a week long so you get a lof of value for your money.
I agree with you on this, but isn't it a "monthly" ticket that you can purchase? It costs 99 NOK per match, but as I understand it, isn't the charge for one month 149 NOK?

This is the option that I selected three weeks ago:

TV 2 SPORT MÅNED
Pris: Kr 149
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old November 11th, 2007, 16:05
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordby1
That is good to hear that you are having such success watching Rosenborg matches on TV2 Sumo. For the most part the video quality has been good for me, but sadly it was really bad this morning and it made it extremely frustrating to watch the Kvinner CupFinale.

Right now I'm watching the Lyn-Start match from last week and am having absolutely no problems at all with the buffering issue. Hopefully I will get another chance to watch the Cup Final later this week.
If you want to watch the girls (kvinner) there are better sites available than football sites :smileani:
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old November 11th, 2007, 22:53
Rising Star

Contacting TV2

I would like to contact TV2 to see if there is anyone there who can help me resolve the "buffering issue" I have been having when I watch some of the fotball matches on webtv. Since I'm far from being fluent på norsk, it is difficult for me to figure how I can report any problems that I'm having at the TV2 Sumo site.

Unfortunately I was having the same problem today with the men's Cup Final that I had with the women's Cup Final yesterday. The constant buffering made it extremely difficult for me to watch both of the Cup Finals this weekend, but during the previous two weeks, I didn't have so many of these buffering problems. I really hope I can get this issue resolved before next Saturday's match between Norge & Tyrkia.

På forhånd takk for hjelpen!
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old November 11th, 2007, 23:10
International

The buffering issue... how often does it stop the streaming to buffer? When I watch live football at TV2 it only happens once or twice every half. Unless you have a very fast connection and lot of bandwidth, I'm afraid an occasional buffering is inevittable. How often does it stop to buffer when you watch it? If it's only 1 or 2 times during every half, I would not worry, happens with my computer as well.
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old November 12th, 2007, 00:45
Rising Star

TV2 Buffering Issue

Quote:
The buffering issue... how often does it stop the streaming to buffer? When I watch live football at TV2 it only happens once or twice every half. Unless you have a very fast connection and lot of bandwidth, I'm afraid an occasional buffering is inevittable. How often does it stop to buffer when you watch it? If it's only 1 or 2 times during every half, I would not worry, happens with my computer as well.
Thanks for your reply. I would be extremely satisfied if the TV2 webtv broadcasts were only stopping 1 or 2 times each half for me.

During the first two weekends that I was a TV2 webtv subscriber I would estimate that there would be anywhere from 25 to 50 times per half that the video would stop to buffer. At times this was annoying, but it still really didn't bother me all that much because I was so grateful that I even had this opportunity at all to watch norsk fotball "live" after an 11 month drought.

Unfortunately this weekend I would estimate that it has been more in the range of 100 to 250 times per half. When I attempted to watch the Women's Cup Final live I ended up missing three of the five goals that were scored. Since I was watching the rebroadcast of the Men's Cup Final I had the option of going back and replaying anything that I missed the first time, but with the video stopping so often to buffer it really does make it extremely frustrating to watch. :frustrat:

As a test I just logged on to watch the rebroadcast of the Women's Cup Final and during the very first minute it actually stopped 7 times to buffer. Usually the quality of the video on my computer is quite good. For example, I didn't have any problems watching the AC Milan youtube video and the NRK highlight video of the Valencia match that had their links posted recently in the Rosenborg thread.

So what is considered to be a "fast" connection? For what it's worth, I have high speed internet provided by Time Warner Cable and my connection speed is usually in the range of 36 to 54 Mbps. When I log on to TV2 Sumo it usually goes through some process of determining my broadband speed so perhaps there is something that I can do to make a change in one of the settings.

Also I thought I would add that right now as I am watching the rebroadcast of the Women's Cup Final, whenever the buffering is complete there is a message at the bottom of the video that says "591 K bits per second" and it is followed by the message "Optimized streaming experience click to find out more." When I click on this, unfortunately nothing happens.

Last edited by nordby1; November 12th, 2007 at 00:51.
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old November 12th, 2007, 12:31
Star Player

Do you have the latest version of windows media player and flash player installed? Having older versions sometimes makes the streams all wonky.

Which net browser are you using?
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old November 12th, 2007, 13:51
Rising Star

Have you tried down adjusting the video quality? If you press the "wrench" icon in your upper right corner of the video window and then press the bar that pops up and says "Videokvalitet (bndbredde)" you can manually adjust the quality.
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old November 12th, 2007, 15:01
International

wow, 25 times per half is really too much. Normally it should buffer only once or twice per half. In that case, I guess it's better indeed to send an email to the TV station. My Norsk is not very good neither, but everyone in Norway speaks English so I'm sure they will reply to an English email.

And just like Jinxter says: make sure you run the most modern version of the media player, and remove older versions as they slow down the newest version.
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old November 18th, 2007, 23:23
Rising Star

Cancelling a one month subscription

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange
I was wondering if you or someone else could give me some instructions in English for cancelling a one month subscription. I believe if I don't take any action the monthly subscription will keep on getting renewed automatically.

På forhånd takk!
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old November 18th, 2007, 23:31
Rising Star

Webtv Buffering Issue

Tusen takk to everyone for your suggestions for dealing with my buffering issue.

I didn't end up changing anything, but for some reason I had almost no problem at all with the buffering issue yesterday.

Too bad it was the match against Tyrkia that ended up sucking so bad.
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old November 19th, 2007, 00:59
International

If only the defenders were a buffer functioning as good as that website...

By the way, I never had a subscription automatically renewed. They don't do that, unless they changed the policy very recently.
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old November 19th, 2007, 06:54
Rising Star

Stopping a Monthly Subscription

Quote:

By the way, I never had a subscription automatically renewed. They don't do that, unless they changed the policy very recently.
Apparently they have changed their policy then wrt monthly subscriptions. In any event, I finally did figure out how to stop mine a few minutes ago and still had about 14 hours to spare.

There is a Min Sumo tab in the upper right corner that you need to click on for details about your subscription. There is a big STOPP button next to the monthly subscription information and when you click on it your subscription is stopped.

Here was the result for me:

GYLDIGE ABONNEMENT

TIDLIGERE ABONNEMENT

Har kjpt TV 2 SPORT MNED (Kredittkort)
Fra dato 19. oktober 2007
Til dato 19. november 2007
Status Stopper
Pris 149,-
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old November 19th, 2007, 12:28 Thread Starter
Legend

I haven't used the internet service in a few months, but I can't say I've had many problems with it. Like Jinxter pointed out, having the newest downloads of windows media player, flash and java are essential to your pc working well online. I also recommend using the Mozilla Firefox browser.

If you trust your internet provider to deliver the proper speed, the only other thing I can think of is your pc's memory and storage space. If you've got a fairly new pc (with high memory and plenty of storage available), a serious net provider, and the newest programs installed, there really shouldn't be any reason for TV2 Sumo not to work. It usually never buffers with me at all, and the quality of the picture has been very good. I suggest that the next time you get problems like this, you write a short e-mail to tv2 complaining. Chances are you'll get your money back for that match/month.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in