TL Round 2: Brann - Strømsgodset (16/4-07) - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old April 12th, 2007, 14:21 Thread Starter
Star Player

TL Round 2: Brann - Strømsgodset (16/4-07)

Strømsgodset is back in the tippeliga, bringing lots of joyful memories. Helstad usually scores quite a few against them. I seem to recall it ending 6-2 away the last time they were up.

Petter Vaagan Moen is probably back for the next match, and I expect him to take the left midfield position.

Most likely Brann will start these players :
4-4-2
Opdal
Dahl - Bjarnason - Sigurdsson - Hanstveit
Huseklepp - Gashi - Andresen - PVM
Winters - Helstad

Sæternes might replace Winters and Solli Huseklepp, but we'll see.

Should be a fun match.

Brann won their first game 0-1 away against Stabæk.
Strømsgodset won their first game 2-1 against Odd Grenland.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old April 12th, 2007, 22:25
Rising Star

Opdal
Dahl Bjarnason Sigurdsson Hanstveit
Huseklepp Gashi Andresen Vaagan Moen
Sæternes Helstad

This is what I want to see. A very attacking oriented team that will score goals. I predict a rather big victory in this one, 3-0. Helstad and/or Sæternes will probably find the net and one from Gashi perhaps, he was superb against Stabæk.

Sæternes looked really fresh when he came on for Helstad. Looked light on his feet like he used to when he scored buckets of goals for Bodø/Glimt.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old April 15th, 2007, 08:23 Thread Starter
Star Player

Martin Andresen and Bjørn Dahl are doubtful for the game against Godset.

Martin Andresen is struggling with some allergies that are acting up, but the medical personel thinks he will be able to play, too early to tell for sure though.

Bjørn Dahl got a cold and is coughing a lot. Most likely won't be fit for the game tomorrow.

If both miss the game, I guess that means either Guntveit or Solli will take the right back position. Haugen the central midfield.

A shame Tijan Jaiteh's permit hasn't been sent from the Gambian FA yet, would have been interesting to see him in Andresen's position.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old April 16th, 2007, 10:51 Thread Starter
Star Player

Seems like Winters will be replaced by Sæternes cause they want extra aerial strength.

Brann
4-4-2
Opdal
Guntveit - Bjarnason - Sigurdsson - Hanstveit
Solli - Gashi - Andresen - PVM
Sæternes - Helstad

SIF
4-3-3
Johnsen
Andersen - Deila - Aas - Bergdølmo
Nyan - Huusko - Leonhardsen
Ohr - Kovacs - Andersson
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old April 16th, 2007, 15:55 Thread Starter
Star Player

Leonhardsen is out for today's match with an injury. Christer George replaces him in SIF's starting lineup.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old April 16th, 2007, 15:59
Legend

Teams: Aalesunds FK & Crystal Palace
From my perspective, with Aalesund getting a very poor start to the season, it's going to be interesting to see how fellow 2006 1st division team Strømsgodset does against Brann today. I don't think it will say anything about this year's AaFK team, but still.

Also Brann were quite enjoyable last week, and with a sold out crowd at home this should be quite the occation. I'm sorry not to see Huseklepp in the starting lineup though, since he was quite refreshing against Stabæk. Proves what a strong team Brann has this season.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old April 21st, 2007, 13:47 Thread Starter
Star Player

I'm appearantly a slowpoke this season, hence the lack of matchthread updates

We won the game 3-1. Brann started off kinda slow and Godset had a really good first half. They fought hard and won lots of the duels.

In the second half, Brann adjust a bit and started running, not just standing still and waiting for the ball. The difference in squad quality became appearant after that.

Well deserved victory, but Godset has nothing to be ashamed of other than Nyan who should have had a red card for headbutting PVM.

Goals :
0-1 C George (5min). George gets free on the back post and easy scores. Guntveit was totally out of position, should have covered George instead of messing about in front of the goal.
1-1 Helstad (7 min). Class attack directed by Gashi who passes to Sæternes. Solli gets the ball on the wing and gives it to Helstad in front of the goal.
2-1 Helstad (55 min). Solli dribbles off a guy, passes to Guntveit who gives the ball to Helstad in the box.
3-1 Winters (76 min). Solli easily dispatches Bergdølmo and passes hard into the box, Sæternes is just a sec too slow, but Winters is behind him and closes the deal.

Yellow Card : Huseklepp (Brann).
MoM : Solli
Meanie : Nyan
Ref : Tom Henning Øvrebø didn't have a great game. Brann should have had a clear penalty in the first half when Alexander Aas decides to fall down and clutch the ball to his chest in the penalty box, but appearantly handling is allowed in Øvrebø's matches. Nyan also should have had a red card for headbutting PVM, even if it wasn't a serious assault, it's not allowed to act that way on the pitch.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in