Kattem - Sandviken
Here are the results of today's first round matches:

Amazon Grimstad - Team Strømmen 0 - 2

Arna - Bjørnar - Trondheims-Ør 2 - 1

Asker - Kolbotn: 1 - 1

Fløya - Klepp 0 - 1

Grand Bodø - Røa 0 - 3

Kattem - Sandviken 3 - 1

Last edited by nordby1; May 9th, 2007 at 17:39.
post #3 of 132 (permalink) Old April 21st, 2007, 20:14
Rising Star

Asker-Kolbotn [R]

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordby1

Asker - Kolbotn: 1 - 1
Peter Tubaas has so far posted two articles at the "askerfk.no" site about today's big match between last season's league champions Kolbotn and Asker, the club that many of the 'fotball' experts in Norway have picked to win the championship this season.

From the article Tubaas wrote it sounded like there was a great atmosphere for women's fotball today at Asker. The weather was sunny with clear blue skies and the match was well attended with 650 fans at Føyka Stadion. There was also a dramatic finish to the match with Asker scoring late to salvage a 1-1 draw and avoid falling three points behind Kolbotn so early in the season.

Ragnhild Gulbrandsen, who just announced this past week that she will be retiring after this season, scored the equalizer for Asker in the 86th minute. Solveig Gulbrandsen had given the visitors from Kolbotn the lead with a goal in the 64th minute.

Here are some of today's match statistics that Peter Tubaas posted:

21. april 2007

ASKER - KOLBOTN 1-1 (0-0)
Goals: 0-1 Solveig Gulbrandsen 64, 1-1 Ragnhild Gulbrandsen 86.
Referee: Monica Larsen.
Attendance: 650
Yellow Cards: Melissa Wiik og Reidun Nilsen, Asker.
Asker: Ingrid Hjelmseth - Siri Nordeide Grønli, Katrine Pedersen, Mia Bak, Toril Hetland Akerhaugen - Lisa-Marie Woods, Ditte Lockenwitz Larsen (Janne Stange, 75), Leni Larsen Kaurin (Marianne Pettersen, 58) - Melissa Wiik, Ragnhild Gulbrandsen, Reidun Nilsen.

post #4 of 132 (permalink) Old April 21st, 2007, 21:51
Rising Star

Toppserien Links [R]

Here is a good link for Toppserien results and standings:

http://www.pvv.org/~steinl/football/2007/toppserien.htm

Here is another link for some of the statistics for all of the Round 1 matches:

http://www.pvv.org/~steinl/football/2007/round01.htm

And here is the link to a match report about today's big home victory by Arna-Bjørnar over last season's silver medalist Trondheims-Ørn:

http://fotball.adressa.no/kvinner/article79594.ece
post #5 of 132 (permalink) Old April 21st, 2007, 22:35
Rising Star

2007 Toppserien Predictions

Quote:
Peter Tubaas has so far posted two articles at the "askerfk.no" site about today's big match between last season's league champions Kolbotn and Asker, the club that many of the 'fotball' experts in Norway have picked to win the championship this season.
Here's the link to an article by Peter Tubaas that discusses Asker's prospects for the 2007 season as well as the preseason predictions that were made by Aftenposten, TIPS, VG, & Dagbladet:

http://www.askerfk.no/default.asp?p=...=304&groupId=1

It is interesting to note that all four of the publications picked Asker, Kolbotn, Røa, and Trondheims-Ørn to finish in the top four. Two of the four picked Asker to finish first, while none of the four picked two time defending Champions Kolbotn to repeat again this season.
post #6 of 132 (permalink) Old April 21st, 2007, 23:08
Rising Star

Team Strømmen [R]

Team Strømmen got off to a great start to their 2007 season with a huge 2-0 road victory over Amazon Grimstad. Playing so well in their first match was extremely important for Hege Riise's squad after having had such a disappointing 2006 season.

Team Strømmen had their best season ever in 2005 winning two silver medals and as late as the 10th round of last season, Team Strømmen was on top of the table. However, Team Strømmen never seemed to fully recover from a crushing home loss to Amazon Grimstad in round 11 that resulted in the club dropping all the way to 5th place in the standings. In fact, it took a very strong finish of winning 5 of their final 6 matches for Team Strømmen to end up in 4th place,one point behind bronze medal winners and eventual cup winners, Røa.

None of the Norwegian publications that I saw picked Team Strømmen to finish higher than fifth place, but I have a feeling that Hege Riise's squad could end up surprising a lot of the experts this season. Even though Team Strømmen did lose several veteran players who retired after last season, the club does have several exciting new young players who will benefit tremendously by playing for Riise in her first season as head coach.

Team Strømmen was also very fortunate with their schedule in that they will not have to play any of the other top 5 clubs until round 7. On paper it appears that Strømmen's most difficult match prior to playing Røa in round 7 was today's season opener in Grimstad. With matches against clubs that most of the experts are picking to finish at or near the bottom half of the table, I think that there is a very good chance that Team Strømmen could be sitting alone on top of the table with 18 points prior going into their match against Oslo-area rival Røa on May 26th.

Last edited by nordby1; April 21st, 2007 at 23:18.
post #7 of 132 (permalink) Old April 22nd, 2007, 16:28 Thread Starter
Legend

Teams: Aalesunds FK & Crystal Palace
The first round wasn't too surprising, although it's not normal to see Trondeims-Ørn lose.

It's seems fairly obvious that Kattem, Grand Bodø, Sandviken, Amazon Grimstad, will fight to avoid the bottom places, while Klepp and Fløya will probably avoid ending up in such poor positions. Arna Bjørnar and Team Strømmen are serious challengers for a top finish, but the big four in Røa, Asker, Kolbotn and Trondheims-Ørn are huge favourites to fight between themselves for the league gold. I'm still surprised that so many have Asker winning in the end, but with the kind of striking force they have it is perhaps not such a big shock. I think they may fall a little short though, but it's too close to call at the top.
post #8 of 132 (permalink) Old April 24th, 2007, 17:22
Rising Star

Amazon Grimstad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange
The first round wasn't too surprising, although it's not normal to see Trondeims-Ørn lose.

It's seems fairly obvious that Kattem, Grand Bodø, Sandviken, Amazon Grimstad, will fight to avoid the bottom places, while Klepp and Fløya will probably avoid ending up in such poor positions. Arna Bjørnar and Team Strømmen are serious challengers for a top finish, but the big four in Røa, Asker, Kolbotn and Trondheims-Ørn are huge favourites to fight between themselves for the league gold. I'm still surprised that so many have Asker winning in the end, but with the kind of striking force they have it is perhaps not such a big shock. I think they may fall a little short though, but it's too close to call at the top.
"Tusen takk" for your comments Orange. I agree with most of what you have written, but have a feeling that the relegation battle might only be between Kattem, Grand Bodø, and Sandviken. IMO, Amazon Grimstad has the capability to win some matches against clubs in the top half of the table and could finish as high as 7th place.

Amazon is led by their player-coach and former National Team player, Margunn Haugenes and striker Una Nwajei who finished 4th in league in scoring last season with 14 goals. The club finished the 2006 season in 6th place and had several impressive results on the road including a 4-1 road victory over Team Strømmen, a 5-0 victory over Fløya in Tromsø and 1-1 draw late in the season against Trondheims-Ørn. Ørn's failure to win that match opened the door just enough for Kolbotn to win gold by winning their final six matches of the season.

Amazon also played extremely well at home last season only losing to the top four clubs and managing a draw against 5th place Arna-Bjørnar. The worst loss at home last season for Amazon was their 3-1 loss to Trondheims-Ørn during round 7. At the time Ørn was playing perhaps their best 'fotball' of the season and ended up finishing the first half of the season unbeaten with seven victories and two draws. Amazon's home losses to Kolbotn, Røa, and Team Strømmen were all by just a single goal and two of those three matches weren't decided until the final 10 minutes.

Amazon's home loss to Team Strømmen this past Saturday actually matches the clubs worst home defeat of 2006. It appears as though Team Strømmen played a very good match while at the same time top scorer Una Nwajei is suffering from ankle problems. I do my best to read as much of the Norwegian 'fotball' articles as I can, but since I'm not fluent in Norwegian, perhaps someone else can comment about this match report that was posted at the agderposten.no site:

Una-turlig tam Amazon

http://www.agderposten.no/apps/pbcs....110/1014/SPORT

Since I'm discussing Amazon Grimstad in this post, perhaps someone could also comment about th problem with the Amazon Grimstad jerseys. I'm not sure if I completely understand why Amazon Grimstad will have to change their jerseys at a cost of 50,000 NOK to the club.

Tvinges i nye drakter

http://www.agderposten.no/apps/pbcs....109/1014/SPORT

Last edited by nordby1; April 24th, 2007 at 17:32.
post #9 of 132 (permalink) Old April 26th, 2007, 17:03
Rising Star

Røa - Team Strømmen Match To Be Televised

Quote:
.....I think that there is a very good chance that Team Strømmen could be sitting alone on top of the table with 18 points prior going into their match against Oslo-area rival Røa on May 26th.
It was just announced today that the May 26th match between Røa and Team Strømmen will be televised.

Røa-Team Strømmen på TV 2
post #10 of 132 (permalink) Old April 26th, 2007, 19:43
Rising Star

Round 2 Fixtures

Sandviken - Grand Bodø

Klepp - Kattem

Team Strømmen - Fløya

Trondheims-Ørn - Amazon Grimstad

Kolbotn - Arna-Bjørnar

Røa - Asker

Last edited by nordby1; May 9th, 2007 at 17:42.
post #11 of 132 (permalink) Old April 26th, 2007, 22:07 Thread Starter
Legend

Quote:
Since I'm discussing Amazon Grimstad in this post, perhaps someone could also comment about th problem with the Amazon Grimstad jerseys. I'm not sure if I completely understand why Amazon Grimstad will have to change their jerseys at a cost of 50,000 NOK to the club.
The ads they have now are burnt into the jerseys, and are impossible to remove. Some new rules means they will have to change around the position of the ads, and that they are not allowed to play with the old jerseys. Therefore they now fear that they have to buy a new set.

It ain't that much money for a club, but probably Amazon are really poor.
post #12 of 132 (permalink) Old April 26th, 2007, 22:08 Thread Starter
Legend

Quote:
It was just announced today that the May 26th match between Røa and Team Strømmen will be televised.
Sounds good, I'll definetly try to catch the match when it's on.
post #13 of 132 (permalink) Old April 27th, 2007, 07:34
Rising Star

Quote:
The ads they have now are burnt into the jerseys, and are impossible to remove. Some new rules means they will have to change around the position of the ads, and that they are not allowed to play with the old jerseys. Therefore they now fear that they have to buy a new set.

It ain't that much money for a club, but probably Amazon are really poor.
"Tusen takk" for the explanation.
post #14 of 132 (permalink) Old April 27th, 2007, 07:38
Rising Star

Quote:
Sounds good, I'll definetly try to catch the match when it's on.
I think it will be a great match. When I watched the final league match between Røa and Team Strømmen I got the sense that there was a good rivalry between these two Oslo area clubs. Is there anyway that I can watch on the internet a match televised by TV2?
post #15 of 132 (permalink) Old April 27th, 2007, 07:42
Rising Star

Round 2 Oslo Area Matches

Quote:

Team Strømmen - Fløya

Kolbotn - Arna-Bjørnar

Røa - Asker
There are several intriguing match-ups this weekend in the Oslo area. Personally I would like to watch all three of these matches if I could.

I think that the Røa - Asker re-match of the 2006 Cup Final will probably be the best match this weekend and have a feeling that it might end up in a draw. This is a very important match for Asker because if they don't get a result they already be five points behind Røa after just two matches.

I expect Kolbotn to defeat Arna-Bjørnar at home, but I think that the visitors could put up a good fight. It is a bit unfortunate with the scheduling for Arna that one week after starting their season with a huge victory over last year's silver medalists Trondheim at home, they have turn around and travel to Kolbotn to play the 2005 & 2006 Champions the very next week.

The home opener for Team Strømmen's 2007 season against Fløya could be an important test for Hege Riise's young squad. After playing so well on the road against Amazon Grimstad, Strømmen will have to be careful not to have a letdown in this match. Fløya won bronze in 2004 & 2005, but were devistated by injuries last season and finished a disappointing 7th place. After suffering a frustrating 1-0 loss to Klepp in their home opener, the club from Tromsø will be highly motivated to avoid starting their season off with two straight losses.

Last year their injury depleted squad was embarrassed by Strømmen 7-3 on the road and was narrowly defeated in Tromsø 2-1. However, Fløya did manage to one victory over Strømmen last year at home during the quarterfinals of the NM Cup by a score of 2-0. Fløya almost pulled off a huge upset in the Cup semis when they took a 2-0 lead over Asker after just 20 minutes. Asker fought back and scored twice in the final 12 minutes to force overtime and then earned their place in the Cup Final by defeating Fløya 4-2 on PKs.

Last edited by nordby1; May 9th, 2007 at 17:43.
post #16 of 132 (permalink) Old April 27th, 2007, 11:38 Thread Starter
Legend

Quote:
Is there anyway that I can watch on the internet a match televised by TV2?
This thread that I made recently explains how: https://www.xtratime.org/forum/showthread.php?t=214257

You should be able to find this match as well when it draws closer.
post #17 of 132 (permalink) Old April 28th, 2007, 22:07
Rising Star

Round 2 Results [R]

Klepp - Kattem: 5 - 1

Kolbotn - Arna - Bjørnar: 3 - 1

Røa - Asker: 0 - 0

Sandviken - Grand Bodø: 1 - 1

Team Strømmen - Fløya: 3 - 1

Trondheims-Ørn - Amazon Grimstad: 1 - 2
post #18 of 132 (permalink) Old April 29th, 2007, 02:01 Thread Starter
Legend

I was shocked to see that Amazon win. Looks like you're right on the money about that one. If they can get more wins like that, they could do really well. Otherwise the round was expected.
post #19 of 132 (permalink) Old April 29th, 2007, 02:01
Rising Star

Disappointing Start for Trondheims-Ørn

The biggest surprise after two weeks of the 2007 season is seeing Trondheims-Ørn in 11th place with zero points. What makes this even worse for last season's silver medalists is that the two losses were to Arna-Bjørnar and Amazon Grimstad, clubs that none of the experts were even picking to finish in the top four.

Next week Ørn will play Fløya in Tromsø in an extremely important match this early in the season. Instead of playing for a share of first place as most experts would have predicted, a loss to Fløya would mean Trondheims-Ørn would be all alone at the bottom of the table after three matches.
post #20 of 132 (permalink) Old April 29th, 2007, 15:35 Thread Starter
Legend

Well for Fløya it will be just another match. It will be a match that no one expects them to win.

However, for Trondheims-Ørn it will be momentous. It will be like a cup final. If they lose that match, they may have lost the league gold already.

This is weird, because Norwegian women's football, as fun as it can be, is as predictable as international ice hockey when the best teams face the worst teams. The best teams always win.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in