AndrÚ Schei LindbŠk - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old February 13th, 2007, 21:21 Thread Starter
Rookie

AndrÚ Schei LindbŠk

Hi guys,
Can anyone tell me more about AndrÚ Schei LindbŠk?
He's apparently on Trial at my team, Yeovil Town in the English League One.
Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old February 14th, 2007, 08:13
International

This guy was considered a talent some years ago. He had a good year in Norway some time ago, then went to Las Palmas in Spain and was placed on the bench. Came back to Landskrona in Sweden and honestly I thought he had retired after that spell. He has talent but some years of walking in the wasteland might have affected his skills. However he could do well at that current level of Yeovil Town, I mean especially considering how a guy like Martin Hollund did for Hartlepool some years ago.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old February 14th, 2007, 15:08
Star Player

Not all that much to say about him really, Starcraft was pretty much spot on. He was a decent talent that never really made it at senior level. Got 5 u-21/23 caps for Norway. After a failed stay in Las Palmos and some bad trials with various Italian, German and English clubs, he returned to Norway. Failed to get into the first team of Viking, so he moved onto Sweden and Landskrona in 2004. No idea how he's been doing there.

He's born in 1977 and is a striker that's not very good at scoring. Decent aerial ability from what I remember, but not sure what level he's at since I haven't watched him play in years.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old February 15th, 2007, 23:35 Thread Starter
Rookie

Thank you for the updates. I'll let you know if anything happens.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old April 20th, 2007, 16:59
International

He had a good season at Skeid if Im not mistaken (scored 10-12 goals from around 15-20 matches in the Norwegian top division). I think he was seen as the successor of Dagfinn Enerly for a while, but then he was sold off to Molde for a pretty hefty sum (by Norwegian football standards).

I think he scored 1 or 2 goals in Moldes Champions League campaign in 1999. Might have been in the qualifiers against Mallorca (was it?).

Well my memory have started to fail me, so I might be wrong on all accounts, but I know for sure that Lindbæk is from Oslo.

Anyway, how did he do at the trial? Did he get a contract? I'd imagine he'd be able to cope at English div 2 level.

Last edited by Dracula; April 20th, 2007 at 17:05.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old April 21st, 2007, 13:50
Star Player

I think he plays at the second level in Denmark at the moment, but I'm not sure.. so I imagine the trial didn't go great
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old July 14th, 2007, 01:50
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracula
I think he scored 1 or 2 goals in Moldes Champions League campaign in 1999. Might have been in the qualifiers against Mallorca (was it?).
He actually scored against Real Madrid at Santiago Bernabeu, not that many norwegians have scored at John Carews "favorite" Stadium. But it was Also his only goal in the tournament, Lund , Berg Hestad and Hoseth scored most of theire goals. but Tessem also scored one against CSKA.

But anyway Lindbæk have jet again found a new club, this time he return back home to Norway and Start. I realy doubt he will be anymore than a backup and will have to find a new club pretty soon again..

Edit: he chanced his mind again and will go to Germany instead..

Last edited by Gutan; July 14th, 2007 at 17:18.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in