post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old August 5th, 2006, 21:37 Thread Starter
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Arsenal of course
Official Nicklas Bendtner Thread

Bruce praises Bendtner

By Christopher Evans
Date: 5/8/2006

STEVE BRUCE was full of praise for debutant Niklas Bendtner, an 18-year-old on loan from Arsenal scored the winning goal for Birmingham City in the opening day clash against Colchester United.

The Blues came away with all three points from the Championship opener following a 2-1 win over the newly promoted side thanks to goals from DJ Campbell and Niklas Bendtner.

The Birmingham boss revealed that he had beaten 15 other clubs in order to sign Bendtner on a loan deal.

Bruce said: "You saw a bit of class from the young lad and we are delighted to have him here.

"I think there were 15 clubs, including Celtic and Rangers, who were interested so we have beaten off a lot of competition and I am well pleased.

"We only got him on Thursday, but you could see when he trained with us yesterday that we have got ourselves a bit of a player on our hands.

"I have seen him play many times for Arsenal reserves. Last season he got something like 20 goals and you can see why they rate him highly.

"But we have a decent relationship with Arsenal when you think people like Jermaine Pennant, Matthew Upson and Neil Kilkenny have all done well for us.

"They see us as a decent learning place for their kids. But Niklas is only 18 and he has got to keep his feet on the ground and keep doing what he has done today."

Di Stefano - the South American Wilshere!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old August 7th, 2006, 14:59 Thread Starter
Xtratime Elite

Promising Arsenal youngster Nicklas Bendtner believes swapping reserve-team football for regular action with Birmingham can help him realise his ultimate ambition of performing in the Premiership.

Bendtner has been sent out on loan by Gunners boss

Arsene Wenger - initially until January - and he quickly made an impact at St Andrews by scoring the winner in Saturday's 2-1 win over Colchester.

The Denmark Under-21 striker has linked up at City with other young Gunners in Sebastian Larsson and Fabrice Muamba who are on season-long loans.

The 18-year-old Bendtner said: "This is a step in my development and that is important for me rather than playing in the reserves all of the time. When you play now every point counts.

"Arsene Wenger talked to me and said a few things to me but I would like to keep those to myself. But it is better to play here than the reserves. He knows that and I know that.

"At the moment I have five or six months here. It could be longer. My target is to go as far as I can with Birmingham and hopefully at the end of the season we will be able to move up in the Premiership.

"Can I compete for an Arsenal spot by end of season? I don't know. I will have to see what is going to happen. I can't say now what is going to happen in the future.

"But, of course, I could imagine in one or two years time that I might be playing in the Premier League. For now I'll just keep working hard on my game and then hopefully that will come for me."

Unsurprisingly, Bendtner is a big fan of Thierry Henry and looks to learn from all the Arsenal stars.

He said: "You learn from all the big players around you. You just need to take as much on board as you can. You learn different parts from Henry. We are not similar players but I am sure I can learn different things off him. He is a great player.

"But I wouldn't say I model myself on anyone especially. I try to take different parts from different players and put them into my game."

Bendtner admitted: "Sebastian and Fabrice also being at Birmingham is good. It helps you to settle in a bit and also on the pitch. We know each other. We have been playing for two years now.

"I have settled quickly. This is a good team taking good care of me and you have to adapt quickly to the team.

"On Saturday it was nice to score quickly and nice to have the support of the fans. I was happy with my debut. I got a good ball put through to me and I really had to put it away. I hope I get many more goals."

post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old August 10th, 2006, 09:15 Thread Starter
Xtratime Elite

A Mikael Forrssell penalty settled the game in favour of Blues at The Stadium of Light.

Nicklas Bendtner, the 18-year-old on loan from Arsenal, impressed after being handed a starting berth having coming off the bench last weekend to score the winner against Colchester.

"When you think he is only 18, he's a fantastic talent and you can see that he has," Bruce enthused.

"He has still got a lot to learn but you can see the raw ingredient. He takes the ball, goes at people and wants to commit them."

Unlike his old adversary Niall Quinn, Bruce has every reason to feel optimistic about making an immediate return to the Premiership.

"It's been a tough summer, but we are seeing a new team starting to take shape. This a terrific result and I'm thrilled with all of them," he added.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old August 10th, 2006, 09:55 Thread Starter
Xtratime Elite

Bendtner shines again as Blues set early paceAug 10 2006

By Ian Clarkson At The Stadium Of Light

Sunderland 0 Birmingham City 1

Outside of Copenhagen and Arsenal there weren't too many people who had heard the name of Nicklas Bendtner this time last week.

However, it is undoubtedly a name that will be uttered on many an occasion in the future as this supremely talented striker is destined for a glittering career.

Despite Steve Bruce's lavish summer spending spree, the acquisition of three Arsenal proteges could be his finest piece of work in the transfer market.

Fabrice Muamba and Sebastian Larsson joined Bendtner in proving that Birmingham's cosying up to the Gunners is paying rich dividends.

post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old August 10th, 2006, 16:45
Legend

Teams: Arsenal/France
what are you doing here all alone?

----

Glen would be so damn happy to see Bendtner's performances

Zidane: The French Fabregas
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old August 10th, 2006, 16:57
World Class Player

Teams: A.C. Milan
Finally a true Danish striker talent for the first time since Povlsen (Bendtner has the talent to become even better. I'm not gonna compare him to Elkjær though just yet).

He has been selected for the Danish national team as the youngest player since Michael Laudrup (or at least I can't think of anyone else since Laudrup who was only 18).
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old August 18th, 2006, 16:25
Rising Star

Teams: FC København
And he scored for the NT too.

Formerly known as Kroldrup
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old August 18th, 2006, 16:29 Thread Starter
Xtratime Elite

Birmingham City v Crystal Palace Coca-Cola Championship Saturday August 19 (3pm)

Birmingham (probable line-up): Taylor; Kelly, N'Gotty, Tebily, Sadler; Johnson, Muamba, Nafti, Larsson; Forssell, Bendtner. Subs from: Danns, Dunn, Clemence, McSheffrey, Doyle.

Tickets: Adults £27, OAPs and Under 16s £15, U12s £7.70

post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old April 17th, 2007, 22:21
Forum Manager
Star Player

Teams: FC Barcelona
Bendtner's goal against Southampton and some random action.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/3soqdd

FC BARCELONA proud sponsor of ARSENAL FC since 2000 :frownani:
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old April 18th, 2007, 23:26
Forum Manager
Star Player

Arsenal forgylder Bendtner

Det danske stjernefrø Nicklas Bendtner bliver i fremtiden betalt en fyrstelig løn af Arsenal. I dag offentliggør klubben at parterne er blevet enige om en forlængelse af den nuværende kontrakt.

Ifølge Ekstra Bladet er den nye kontrakt underskrevet, og den vil give den danske landsholdsangriber en klækkelig lønforhøjelse. Kontrakten menes at være af 4-5 års varighed, og årslønnen menes at ligge på et sted mellem syv og ti millioner danske kroner.

Bendtner har hidtil spillet på en ungdomskontrakt i Arsenal som udløber om et par måneder, og forhandlingerne om en forlængelse har stået på i længere tid, men nu skulle alle detaljer være faldet på plads.

Birmingham, der i øjeblikket lejer den store angriber, havde håbet på at kunne beholde den målfarlige spiller, men med den nye aftale står det klart at han ønsker at tage kampen op med Emmanuel Adebayor og Robin Van Persie om angrebspladsen ved siden af Thierry Henry.

post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old April 25th, 2007, 00:16
Forum Manager
Star Player

Bendtner's goal against Southhampton

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELlnjPR-Yy4

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old April 25th, 2007, 00:19
Forum Manager
Star Player

Bendtner's goal against Wolverhampton.

Bendtner 77'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOJIIUF6cfc

post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old April 26th, 2007, 16:18
Forum Manager
Star Player

Cole staying on Bendtner's case

Apr 26 2007

By Colin Tattum, Birmingham Mail

Nicklas Bendtner

ANDY Cole is staying on Nicklas Bendtner's case until Blues' promotion fate is decided - then it's up the Danish star.

Bendtner is revelling in having someone of Cole's stature and experience playing alongside him, even though the former Manchester United ace expects such high standards.

"Everyone says he has got qualities, and he has, but you want to see them week in, week out," said Cole.

"When you are at his age, that's what you should be doing.

Story continues Continue story
ADVERTISEMENT

"There is talk about him going back and playing for Arsenal (after his loan), which is going to be very demanding.

"He can't just play when he fancies it because in the Premiership that's not going to cut it. I was pleased for him at Wolves because he did well for the team. He was a team player.

"Sometimes he is an individual and does his own thing, but on Sunday he was a team player and that's how he has got to keep on playing."

Another rising star, Colin Doyle, has impressed Cole. Although he was ridiculously linked with Arsenal, Cole said it did not surprise him that Doyle was being talked about in such manner.

Andy Cole

"Fantastic, he was unbelievable the other day," said Cole.

"There has been talk of Arsenal being interested and after Wolves and Leicester, you can see why.

"He kept us in the game in the first-half and won it for us in the second half.

"Hopefully he will keep doing that if he has to, but we won't have to keep calling on him as many times.

"But we know we've got a very good goalkeeper now."

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old April 26th, 2007, 16:20
Forum Manager
Star Player

Bendtner can be great Dane - Laursen

On-loan Birmingham striker Nicklas Bendtner is being tipped by his Denmark team-mate Martin Laursen to be a star of the future.

Aston Villa defender Laursen believes Bendtner can realise his potential - so long as he does not get carried away by his current success.

Bendtner is due to return to Arsenal at the end of the season after playing a major role in helping Blues to the top of the Championship with just two games remaining.

He has also quickly made his mark with his country after breaking into the senior squad this season and last month scored the winner against Germany.

But the 19-year-old is not lacking in self-confidence and Laursen warned it is important he keeps his feet firmly on the ground.

Laursen said: "Nicklas is big and strong and quick and can become a very good player but it is always dangerous for a young player like him.

"He is only 19. I didn't have a contract when I was 19. He is already playing for Denmark and is at Arsenal.

"If he can keep his feet nicely on the ground, and work hard and take advice from the older players, then he can become a very good player.

"But it is always dangerous with the young players when they come through that they lose their head, think they are better than they are and don't have to learn anymore.

"They think 'I am here and that's enough. I am good'. He can be a great footballer if he can work hard and keep his feet on the ground."

Laursen believes Bendtner might find it more beneficial to go out on loan again next season if he is not going to figure prominently for the Gunners.

He said: "Arsenal have good strikers. Nicklas is good but he is young so he needs to play.

"If he can't play regularly there, I would recommend him to go out for another year and play first-team football just to get the experience and score the goals and do well."

Meanwhile Blues boss Steve Bruce will wait until the end of the campaign before deciding whether to try to sign on-loan Portsmouth striker Andrew Cole on a permanent basis.

Bruce said: "We'll sit down and discuss all the avenues. He's still Portsmouth's player so we have to show some respect. Right now, all we can do is see what develops in the summer."

Cole has made a big impact since his arrival from Fratton Park last month, scoring the first goal in last Sunday's 3-2 derby win at Wolves.

post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old December 2nd, 2007, 13:11 Thread Starter
Xtratime Elite

Your vote: Nicklas Bendtner was Arsenal's Man Of The Match against Sevilla

Well, I said naming our Man Of The Match in a game we lost would be a hard task, but it would seem you lot didn't find it such a tough call, as Nicklas Bendtner amassed 50% of the overall vote.

The young Dane was one of the few Arsenal players who performed to anywhere near their capabilities during the 3-1 defeat in Sevilla, so he definitely merits the recognition of the Arsenal Pies Man Of The Match.

post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old December 23rd, 2007, 12:03
Forum Manager
Star Player

His goal yesterday in the derby against Tottenham Hotspur.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_j4xgoSBkXI
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old February 8th, 2008, 23:39
Star Player

Teams: Real Madrid C.F.
Cool - I just think our boy does poorly on the national side =(
It's like, he dribbles less and have less confidence or something is just lacking under Morten Olsen..
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old March 2nd, 2008, 22:07
Forum Manager
Star Player

Bendtner's goal vs. Aston Villa. Nice setup by Adebayor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUH_tJdxM8o
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old June 1st, 2008, 18:05
Forum Manager
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by La_Fadabeilo View Post
I am the resurrection
Aha??111???1!!!11!!!one

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in