Future Denmark team - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old May 25th, 2006, 13:49 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Future Denmark team

Having watched the brilliant game against Italy last night, I came to wonder what kind of team we are looking at for the senior team in the future.

Honestly - I am confident that Agger, Kahlenberg, Andreasen and Bendtner will all come real good in the senior team. Add Lorentzen and the march of the next generation Laudrups and the future looks bright for a Denmark team that plays nice football.

It was however worrying to see the complete absence of fullbacks. I don't think there are really anyone pushing from the bench eithher, and we see in the Danish league that no team has even a Priske-like prospect.
Both Troest and Michael Jacobsen - both natural central defenders - showed that they're rather dodgy when facing fast, skillful players one on one, and neither of them are any good at contributing to the attack. Should both develop to be excellent cover players for central defence. We're very deep in this department these days.

In goal, Kevin Stuhr Ellegaard didn't impress me at all, and unless Kaspar Schmeichel takes a leap forward, I don't really see us with any future options better than Sørensen and Christiansen (who are both decent/good - but not great).

In midfield I think all of Würtz, Bergvold and Simon Poulsen are fine players who can develop to be NT players. But they need to go abroad to get exposed to a higher pace. They all sufffered big in the second half when Italy got physical with us and upped the pace.

Kamper is Rommedahl. Enough said. Tazz Sørensen is an abomination in a Denmark shirt. Morten 'Duncan'.... I don't know. He seems so incomplete, but he will likely be a good tank-option for the bench. A bit of a shame that he doesn't get to work more with Michael Laudrup. Would likely have done him good.

Selection pool for the EURO qualifiers in my view:

Keepers: Sørensen (Sunderland), Christiansen (FCK)

Right backs: L. Jacobsen (FCK), Priske (?), Bøgelund (PSV)
Left backs: Niclas Jensen (?)... perhaps Agger as an emergency...
Central defenders: Gravgaard (FCK), Agger (Liverpool), Krøldrup (Fiorentina), Laursen (Aston Villa), Andreasen (Werder Bremen)

Central midfield: Christian Poulsen (?), Claus Jensen (Fulham), Graversen (?), Daniel Jensen (Werder Bremen), Silberbauer (FCK), Retov (Brøndby), Jan Kristiansen (FC Nürnberg), Rasmus Würtz (AaB).

Wingers/midfield forwards: Martin Jørgensen (Fiorentina), Kahlenberg (Auxerre), Grønkjær (Stuttgart), Løvenkrands (Schalke), Rommedahl (Charlton), Tommy Bechmann (Bochum), Kasper Lorentzen (Brøndby)

Strikers: Jon Dahl (Stuttgart), Søren Larsen (Schalke), Bendtner (Arsenal), Morten Skoubo (Sociedad)

30 players. Left back is the only area where we look downright shoddy. There aren't anyone you could class as 'stars' in this team, although I think several of the young guys have the potential. But it's a group with lots of pace and lots of technique. Future is not bleak - even if we didn't make the WC and the future draw looks very difficult with us fighting Spain and Sweden for EURO qualification.

APATHY: A word now fallen into disuse due to a lack of concern for it.

The debute said it all: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guo5p...eature=related
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old May 27th, 2006, 16:11
Flop
International

Teams: S.S. Lazio
Pretty much agree with everything.

If Würtz is sold to a good club where he gets palytime he can develop into one heck of a player. He looked so mature controlling the midfield in the two games so far. Was put under immense pressure against Italy, but they are a great team.

I don't think Simon Poulsen has got it. It's like he's not fired up enough and he is too easlily bullied by psysical opposition and disappears from the game. Might get to be a good player in the Danish leagu but nothing more.

As for fullbacks. Jakob Poulsen is there and I think he should play ahead of Troest.

Yada, yada
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2006, 05:39
Rising Star

Teams: FC København
Good points there. The first decent thread here in a LOOOONG time too.

Like Biancoceleste said, Jakob Poulsen is doing a good job at Heereveen and should start ahead of Troest. Troest, though, should be in that Denmark squad ahead of Martin Laursen. He's a lost cause now.

As for the left back spot, then I believe Sebastian Svárd should go there. He's been utter shite a few seasons back but he's surprisingly grown to a good footballer, when usually things happen the other way around. And Jan Kristiansen can also play there. I believe that he'll be Olsen's choice for he showed great spirit in today's match imo. Bo Svensson can also be a defencer.

As for Rommedahl, then I disagree. The guy's been mediocre ever since his move to Charlton Athletic. Løvenkrands should rightly take his place. And Tommy Bechmann? Has he been good for Bochum? I really dunno.

and I'd also love Bendtner in our side, but as long as he plays for Arsenal reserves, then there is no way that he'll be picked by Olsen.

Formerly known as Kroldrup

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2006, 14:11 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

I agree about Jakob Poulsen. Good player that I completely forgot about. As for your point - Jesper - about Rommedahl. I fully agree that he isn't really good enough (and I tried to hint to that in the comment on Kamper), but I include him in the basic squad just the same, because he certainly will be despite his flaws.

Oh... I didn't mention Helveg... and it wasn't a mistake.... .

APATHY: A word now fallen into disuse due to a lack of concern for it.

The debute said it all: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guo5p...eature=related
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2006, 14:22
Legend

Teams: Arsenal/France
Bendtner will get chances in Arsenal in the next season. Hopefully he will be a regular in Carling Cup matches. If he performs well he will have a real chance of getting into the first team the season after this.

Wenger rates highly of him. He ditched Newcastle's striker who was heavily linked with us saying that we don't need him because we have Bendtner.

So definetly he will get chances. Its upto him to take opportunities.

Zidane: The French Fabregas
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2006, 17:49
Flop
International

Teams: S.S. Lazio
Thomas Helveg is finished. Done. History. It's amazing Olsen refuses to see it.

How is Dennis Cagara doing in Dynamo Dresden by the way? He might be a long term solution for left back if he develops into something.

Stephan Andersen ain't too shabby of a keeper either and should be in the mix together with Jesper Christiansen and Thomas Sørensen. Hope Andersen gets regular playtime in the new season.

Yada, yada
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old May 29th, 2006, 03:39
Rising Star

Cagara will never get a chance in the NT while he plays for a second division German club thanks to Morten Olsen's philossphies. He's a good manager, but his picks could be better.

As for Helveg, then I believe that he's only been picked to play over 100 matches for Denmark.. He won't play for any longer.

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2006, 05:39
Rising Star

Surely informative, Jun Yun.

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old June 19th, 2006, 10:00
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jun Yun
Glen, what do you mean by tank-option? Does anybody know?
A "Tank" ...

http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...4414142357.jpg

I guess he think of "Duncan" as a big strong striker (in Denmark known as a tank-center forward), though only to be used as a sub.... So in this case a big stranded tank-center forward it seems, as in the picture I picked above ...
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old June 29th, 2006, 01:03
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jun Yun
Glen, what do you mean by tank-option? Does anybody know?
He's kinda fat.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in