Juho Makela - HJK Helsinki - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old January 29th, 2006, 15:30 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Teams: Heart of Midlothian Football Club
Juho Makela - HJK Helsinki

How good a player is he? According to http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...an/4658852.stm he is set to sign for Hearts before Tuesday. 33 goals in 41 games isn't too bad a record I suppose! We've had some good finnish players in recent times at Hearts, like Niemi and Grounlund, hopefully he will follow in the same line
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old January 30th, 2006, 17:23
Rising Star

Tommi Grönlund was ace!

As for Mäkelä, it appears that he's heading for Heart's, although FC Basel also seems to want his services. Despite his height (190 cm), Mäkelä is still quite speedy. He's a good goalscorer and if given some time to adapt to the higher tempo I think he could be a hit in Scotland.

I think Finland's new coach Roy Hodgson currently ranks him as our fourth best striker after Forssell, Kuqi and Roiha (anyways ahead of former Rangers attacker Johansson).
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old January 30th, 2006, 17:32
Rookie

Teams: Finnish NT
He has scored 33 goals for HJK indeed but I think he has played over 60 matches for them. The statistic you have includes last season's goals but does not include his last season's games.

He is one of the quickest players in Finnish Veikkausliiga, even though he is 190 cm (6ft. 3inch.). Used to train and compete in athletics and his main event was 100 meters. Mäkelä's positioning is quite good but he needs to work his finishing. Although he has a good record for scoring goals he still wastes way too many chances. But the guy sure has potential so if you could help him to develope his finishing he could prove to be a good asset for you.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old January 30th, 2006, 21:37 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Teams: Heart of Midlothian Football Club
Cheers guys, seems like he'll be a Hearts player!

As a sidenote, Tommi Grönlund was nicknamed 'The Tomminator' by the Hearts support because of his style of play, he was awesome
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old February 5th, 2006, 19:38
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: HJK, Lazio
Having seen in most games he played for HJK, I will be very surprised if he succeeds in Scotland. He's got quite bad skills with the ball, not a good shot, can't cope well with physical play, misses loads of chances and despite his height he's pretty weak in the air. His assets are speed and a good eye for the goal. That was enough in Finland but very much doubt whether it's enough in Scotland.

Or maybe I'm being a bit too harsh on him...he does have talent, but he will need to improve an awful lot to make it. Also, one has to remember that he always got very good assistance in HJK. He must get that at Hearts as well.

Irriducibili? No thanks, I'm a fan of Lazio.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in