WC qualifying: Czech Republic - Norway - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old November 16th, 2005, 14:29 Thread Starter
Legend

Teams: Aalesunds FK & Crystal Palace
WC qualifying: Czech Republic - Norway

At 20:15 CET today, this all important encounter will take place in Prague. Even if the Czech got a strong 1-0 win in Oslo, I don't think we can say that it's over yet. However, if the Norwegian team play anything like what they did at Ullevaal there will hardly be any point in even watching the match. What we need now is for the players to battle until they can hardly stand on their feet anymore. We also need to score. As strange as it may sound, it's better to go out with 1-1 or 2-2, than to chicken out, and go out with 0-0. We NEED to score, anything other than serious attempts at doing that is not acceptable.

Good luck to supporters of both teams, and may the best team go through. If the Czech win overall/today, I will be heartbroken if we tried very hard today, but just didn't make it, than if we don't try at all. However, it's better to be heartbroken in football when your team has tried hard, than to be careless after the players did a lousy job.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old November 16th, 2005, 20:35 Thread Starter
Legend

Still no goal for Norway, and one goal for the Czech, but we've been much better today. Even if there is massive room for improvement, it's actually undeserved that we haven't scored yet. It's only half an hour left though, and it's not looking good for us.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old November 16th, 2005, 20:46 Thread Starter
Legend

BIG chance for Norway. Carew shot from 5 meters, but Cech was down to punch it out with an amazing save. The corner afterwards lead to nothing.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old November 16th, 2005, 21:13 Thread Starter
Legend

We didn't make it, we didn't even score. However, we tried today, and we were probably the best team today as well. I think we deserved a goal, but Cech was just too good.

Congratulations to the Czech Republic on making it to their first World Cup!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old November 17th, 2005, 17:08
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange
We didn't make it, we didn't even score. However, we tried today, and we were probably the best team today as well. I think we deserved a goal, but Cech was just too good.

Congratulations to the Czech Republic on making it to their first World Cup!
I watched the match yesterday on Setanta USA and as you said, Norway did deserve at least one goal, but Cech came up big and made several very good saves. Right away I knew it would be a much more entertaining match than the first leg when Norway actually had a better scoring chance during the first couple of minutes than they did in the entire first playoff match.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old November 19th, 2005, 16:51
Premier Player

I think Ĺge could have done better for these two games. Braaten should have started, Iversen shouldn't have played at all. Andrč probably shouldn't have either. Just seems like he got these things after everyone got it.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old November 19th, 2005, 16:52
Legend

Teams: Sympathy for the Devil
Despite the loss, you guys did great against one of the best teams in Europe. :thmbup:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in