Bisgaard hoping for International recall - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old November 12th, 2005, 11:51 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
Bisgaard hoping for International recall

He may have spent nearly two years in the international wilderness but Derby County's Morten Bisgaard hasn't given up hope of playing for his beloved Denmark once again in the future.

His country came agonisingly close to being involved in this week's 2006 World Cup play-offs but missed out by a single point in Group Two, finishing only one-point behind second-placed Turkey, who take on Switzerland for a place in next year's finals in Germany.

Bisgaard wasn't part of the Danish squad during the qualification phase, his last international came in a 1-0 friendly defeat in the USA in January 2004.

That took his caps tally to eight but since making his initial breakthrough at Euro 2000, Bisgaard failed, partly because of injuries, to cement a regular place.

An early exit for Denmark in Holland and Belgium - where they lost all three games and failed to score a goal - led to current manager Morten Olsen replacing Bo Johanssen.

And although Olsen is known not to rate the standard of football seen in the Championship, Bisgaard hopes he can earn a recall at some point in the future.

"I can hardly remember when last I played for my country," said the 31-year-old.

"It was a long time ago but I've never given up hope of playing for Denmark again.

"I love playing for my country and I still feel I'm a good enough player and that I could still get into the national team.

"But unfortunately the national coach doesn't rate the Championship that highly so I can only play as well as I can and see what happens.

"It's always such an honour to play for your country so, hopefully, you never know one day it might come round again."

He's a quality player imo, but would have thought at 31 it's a bit late for being recalled to the national side.

How do you Danes rate Bisgaard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old November 12th, 2005, 12:28
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo jones
Bisgaard wasn't part of the Danish squad during the qualification phase, his last international came in a 1-0 friendly defeat in the USA in January 2004.

That took his caps tally to eight but since making his initial breakthrough at Euro 2000, Bisgaard failed, partly because of injuries, to cement a regular place.

He's a quality player imo, but would have thought at 31 it's a bit late for being recalled to the national side.

How do you Danes rate Bisgaard?
A few mistakes in the article. The friendly match against the USA in 2004 was not even an official B-NT (domestic league NT) match, so it's not counted by the Danish FA... Bisgaard won the last of his 8 caps against Northern Ireland in 2000..

http://www.dbu.dk/lbase/playerInfo.a...teamtypeid=330

Bisgaard is a fairly good player, but in my opinion he has absolute no chance of getting on the Danish NT at this point of his career..

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old November 12th, 2005, 16:21
Rising Star

Teams: FC KÝbenhavn
I agree. Especially with Olsen in charge. He won't choose players from the lower divisions.

Formerly known as Kroldrup

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old November 14th, 2005, 11:52 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
Yeah, Thought he was being a bit optimistic myself.

It would be better for us if he never got called up again, keep him fresh for us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old November 15th, 2005, 03:37
Rising Star

Teams: FC KÝbenhavn
Don't worry. He won't.

Formerly known as Kroldrup

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in