WC qualifying: Norway - Czech Republic - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old November 11th, 2005, 20:57 Thread Starter
Legend

Teams: Aalesunds FK & Crystal Palace
WC qualifying: Norway - Czech Republic

Tomorrow Norway will play the first match against the Czech Rep. Despite the importance of the match, most of the talk the last week has been about the lousy pitch at Ullevaal. However the referee thought it was fine, and the match will be played at the planned time.

It's going to be a tough encounter for Norway, but we can't give up before the match has started. Hopefully the team will play up to their potential tomorrow, and Norway will get a good result.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old November 12th, 2005, 08:49
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange
Tomorrow Norway will play the first match against the Czech Rep. Despite the importance of the match, most of the talk the last week has been about the lousy pitch at Ullevaal. However the referee thought it was fine, and the match will be played at the planned time.
So was there discussion about moving back the match? This evening I heard about how lousy the pitch is at Ullevål from some of the players who actually played on it in the Women's Cup Final on Saturday. Seven players from Team Strømmen are here in San Diego on vacation and I look forward to watching the match with them in a little less than 10 hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange
It's going to be a tough encounter for Norway, but we can't give up before the match has started. Hopefully the team will play up to their potential tomorrow, and Norway will get a good result.
I have a good feeling about this match and think that Norway will prevail 1-0.

Heia Norge!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old November 12th, 2005, 11:01 Thread Starter
Legend

Well the Czech Rep. wanted it moved or postponed, but NFF only wanted to play it at Ullevaal because of sponsor deals. If it was just the pitch/stadium that mattered they could have played at Lerkendal. However, while the pitch was indeed awful for the two cup finals, they have spent a lot of money on it since, and it's actually better now than it was last weekend.

I hope you're right and that Norway will win 1-0, Heia Norge!

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old November 13th, 2005, 13:01 Thread Starter
Legend

Very disappointing performance yesterday, and sadly the pitch seemed to hurt Norway more than it hurts the Czech. Neither team created almost any chances, and in the end the Czech won after a quick counter attack in the first half, when Andre Bergdølmo fell, and left Smicer alone in front of goal.

I'm pretty certain that Norway had the majority of the possession, but when we are unable to create almost anything in front of goal, we didn't deserve any better. On Wednesday, we need a miracle. It's not 100% impossible. A 0-1 will give us extra halves, 1-2 (or 2-3, 3-4, etc) will see us through to the World Cup, and any two goal (or more) win will see us through as well. In the qualification so far, we have been better away. The pitch won't be a problem in Prague, so now we just have to play at our very best.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old November 13th, 2005, 16:45
Rising Star

Teams: FC København
I think Cezech Republic will win 3-0.

Formerly known as Kroldrup
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old November 13th, 2005, 17:46 Thread Starter
Legend

Maybe, but then they have to play better than they did yesterday, and Norway has to play even worse. I think the match will be tight though, Norway don't tend to lose big. I guess we'll get an answer on wednesday.

If the Czech go through, there is one good thing about it. They haven't been in the World Cup since Czechoslovakia existed, so they deserve it now.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in