Peter Kopteff - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old September 28th, 2005, 14:38 Thread Starter
International

Peter Kopteff

There's an article saying one of our "coaches" is interested in Kopteff, If I translated it correctly.

Kopteff ønsket av Austria
Wien (ANB):
Austria Wien kan fort bli Peter Kopteffs (26) neste stoppested. Trener Frankie Schinkels vil snart ta kontakt med finnen for å høre hvilke framtidsplaner han har.

Av: KJELL-IVAR GRØNDAL

– Jeg har fått sterke signaler fra Viking-hold om at Kopteff kan være interessert i å spille for oss. Dette er noe jeg vil sjekke nærmere ettersom Kopteff er en meget god spiller, sier Schinkels til Rogalands Avis.

Austria Wiens trener ble mektig imponert over Kopteffs spill i den første UEFA-cupkampen på Viking stadion for to uker siden. Faktisk er Schinkels så interessert i 26-åringen at han vil se ham i aksjon i flere kamper framover.

– Jeg skal naturligvis følge Kopteff nøye. Vi kommer ganske sikkert til å sende en speider for å se ham i en seriekamp i Norge, sier Schinkels.

Han vet utmerket godt at Kopteffs kontrakt med Viking utløper etter sesongen, og at han ennå ikke har bestemt seg for hvor han ønsker å fortsetter karrieren.

– Landslagsspillere er alltid velkomne hos oss. Spesielt dersom de selv virkelig ønsker å spille i Austria Wien – og det er det inntrykket jeg har fått, sier Schinkels.

Kopteff har fått frist til i dag med å svare Viking på deres tilbud, men sannsynligvis klarer han heller ikke denne gangen å overholde svarfristen.

– Jeg har ikke bestemt meg for noe som helst, og ønsker helst ikke å snakke om min framtid. Folk spør meg om dette hver dag, så nå begynner jeg å bli ganske lei, sier Kopteff. (ANB)

I think a transfer wouldn't make any sense, as I didn't notice any player as especially good or bad in the first game, but nonetheless, could you give me some info on how he's doing in the league usually and what are his strenghts and weaknesses? That would ease observing him tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old September 28th, 2005, 15:51
Star Player

Well, he's a very inconsistent winger. Good technique and a decent shot. At his best he's among the best wingers in the Norwegian league, but he got at least as many games where he's totally invisible.
He's wanted to move to a bigger league for years, but is getting sulky that noone wants him, and it's made him kinda unpopular with Viking's supporters.

I seriously doubt he's good enough for Austria Wien, but who knows. I wouldn't want him in Brann cause I don't think he's good enough to be a regular for us, and he'd just be a whiny disturbance if placed on the bench.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old September 28th, 2005, 16:58 Thread Starter
International

...uff...

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old September 28th, 2005, 22:58
Rising Star

Hello. I disagree with some parts of your view. It is true that he got a little unpopular last authum, but I would still say he is good enough to play for Austria. I have the full respect for Austria Wien, but their quality is not better than a level in wish Kopteff can adapt to. In my opinion he is a player that could need a change of enviornment and I would say Austria could be a good club for him.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old September 29th, 2005, 00:29 Thread Starter
International

I guess you saw the first match between Viking and Austria, so from that point of view I understand that you think Kopteff would fit in our squad. However, I hope some time in the future we get back to the level of football we showed last season, when we reached the quarter final, but that's a long way to go from our current form. Do you think he'd have chances then as well? There's Vachousek (currently injured) for example he'd have to fight against for a place in the starting 11, and when on form our other midfielders like Sionko, Mila and Janocko - and of course Blanchard for the defensive part - are among Europe's "second class" players as well.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old September 29th, 2005, 08:37
Star Player

I think the squad of Austria Wien is very underestimated here in Norway, but I do agree that a club-change might do Kopteff well. I doubt Wien needs him though. He might do well in some English championship team or something like that.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in