Denmark vs England - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old August 10th, 2005, 14:59 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Denmark vs England

Morten Olsen has named the players for the match against England. New hot-shoot Søren Larsen is among the players, but we miss names like Jan Khristiansen, Kristian Bak, Traoré and David Nielsen.

The players called are:

Målmænd: Thomas Sørensen (Aston Villa) og Jesper Christiansen (FC København).

Forsvar: Brian Priske (Genk), Daniel Agger (Brøndby), Michael Gravgaard (FC København), Niclas Jensen (Fulham), Per Krøldrup (Everton), Per Nielsen (Brøndby) og Thomas Helveg (Borussia Mönchengladbach).

Midtbane: Allan K. Jepsen (AaB), Christian Poulsen (Schalke 04), Claus Jensen (Fulham), Rasmus Würtz (AaB), Thomas Gravesen (Real Madrid) og Thomas Kahlenberg (Auxerre).

Angreb: Dennis Rommedahl (Charlton), Jesper Grønkjær (Stuttgart), Jon Dahl Tomasson (Stuttgart), Kenneth Perez (AZ Alkmaar), Martin Jørgensen (Fiorentina), Judas "Møgdyr" Skoubo (Brøndby) og Søren Larsen (Schalke 04).

Last edited by Frederik; August 10th, 2005 at 15:05.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old August 14th, 2005, 05:26
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Teams: INTER & Tottenham Hotspur
Updated: Aug. 13, 2005, 3:16 PM ET
Palace's Johnson named in England friendly squad

Sven-Goran Eriksson has included Andrew Johnson in his squad to face Denmark in next week's friendly in Copenhagen despite the striker's decision to stay in the Championship with Crystal Palace.

Before reassurances from Eriksson, Johnson had been worried that staying at Palace would endanger his England place and, if Peter Crouch had been fit, his fears may indeed have been realised.

However, with the Liverpool forward sidelined by injury, Eriksson included Johnson but left out Manchester United's Alan Smith from his four strikers in the 23-man England squad named on Saturday evening.

Kieron Dyer is also absent, with Eriksson having spoken to Graeme Souness and deemed the Newcastle midfielder not yet ready to be picked after playing only sporadically in pre-season following last season's hamstring injury.

Wes Brown has, meanwhile, joined Sol Campbell, Ledley King and Wayne Brige in being ruled out through injury, meaning a recall for Matthew Upson, while Robert Green has just edged out Chris Kirkland as the third-choice goalkeeper.

Smith has suffered partly from the stiff competition for places at Old Trafford and partly from Sir Alex Ferguson's desire to experiment with increasingly using him as a midfielder.

Although Eriksson is keen to observe that experiment, it has seemingly reinforced his view that Johnson, despite now playing in the Championship, is one of his leading five front-line forwards.

Eriksson is also keen to keep a close eye on Kirkland this season following his loan move to West Brom from Liverpool and he only just missed out on a place this time around.

With Kieran Richardson and Stewart Downing selected in the under-21 squad to give them further match experience, Michael Carrick retains his spot among the midfielders after impressing on the summer mini-tour of the United States.

And with Brown, King and Campbell all injured, Upson returns for the first time since withdrawing injured from the squad to face Holland at Villa Park in February, with Zat Knight, who made his senior debut in the US, therefore missing out.

Goalkeeper Scott Carson, who is in the Under-21 squad, and Luke Young are the other two players who featured on the summer mini-tour who have lost their places, while Emile Heskey misses out again.

Squad
Robinson (Tottenham), James (Man City), Green (Norwich), G Neville (Man Utd), G Johnson (Chelsea), A Cole (Arsenal), Ferdinand (Man Utd), Terry (Chelsea), Carragher (Liverpool), Upson (Birmingham), P Neville (Everton), Beckham (Real Madrid), Gerrard (Liverpool), Lampard (Chelsea), J Cole (Chelsea), Hargreaves (Bayern Munich), Wright-Phillips (Chelsea), Jenas (Newcastle), Carrick (Tottenham), Owen (Real Madrid), Rooney (Man Utd), Defoe (Tottenham), A Johnson (Crystal Palace)

soccernet

My heart = INTER...No Matter Win or Lose...

Zanetti : I still remember my first day at Inter. I arrived with a plastic bag with my boots inside and I crossed the crowd of fans who were asking who I was. That's where it all started.....
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old August 14th, 2005, 16:15
Rising Star

Teams: FC København
I find it weird Krøldrup is there. He has a bad injury.

Formerly known as Kroldrup

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old August 14th, 2005, 16:40
International

Yes, and he has been replaced by Thomas Gaardsøe.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old August 14th, 2005, 18:26
Rising Star

Bøgelund has come to replace Helveg. Kasper, btw, scored last weekend.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old August 15th, 2005, 07:41
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo FC
The players called are:

Målmænd: Thomas Sørensen (Aston Villa)

How on earth is that joke still around the Danish NT, well I guess all England are laughing their ass'es off
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old August 16th, 2005, 00:31
Rising Star

He did play well against Bolton last weekend, though.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old August 16th, 2005, 00:37
Rising Star

Quote:
Morten Olsen has named the players for the match against England. New hot-shoot Søren Larsen is among the players, but we miss names like Jan Khristiansen, Kristian Bak, Traoré and David Nielsen.
No way that those three will be picked by Olsen now. Bak will be picked in the future, but Nielsen and Traore have absolutley no future in the NT.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old August 16th, 2005, 21:28
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroldrup
No way that those three will be picked by Olsen now. Bak will be picked in the future, but Nielsen and Traore have absolutley no future in the NT.
Why not Traoré, he have played a lot of matches in the SUB-21
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old August 17th, 2005, 18:18 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroldrup

Do you have a problem punk ????
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old August 17th, 2005, 21:14
Rising Star

Thank you very much.... everyone is rejoiced by the humilation for England..
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old August 17th, 2005, 21:36
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by England Asian
Thank you very much.... everyone is rejoiced by the humilation for England..
It was only Englands biggest defeat in 25 years
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old August 17th, 2005, 21:39
Premier Player

Teams: GLASGOW RANGERS, Queen of the South and West Ham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceres
It was only Englands biggest defeat in 25 years
Wow! I am in dreamland, Scotland did'nae get humped, BUT ENGLAND DID, JOY
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old August 17th, 2005, 22:25
International

I'm just happy with the performances of Agger and Kahlenberg.

Fine result as well.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old August 17th, 2005, 22:45
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Do you have a problem punk ????
He's just saying what every normal person would. David Nielsen by the way... where did that brain fart come from?

Yes, Frederik, Agger was immense, and Kahlenberg will come good in this team. Of course he is match fit and Jørgensen isn't, but I think Kahlenberg will soon be a real rival.

...and dear me does Grønkjær suck these days....

Fine debut from Gravgaard as well, and not just because of the goal. Big match from Poulsen too.

In the end... it's frustrating to see that we can only play when we're up a goal and the opponent has to come at us. Like Arsenal (albeit differently), we have no plan B. And that's why we have almost blown the WC qualification by now (I don't think we'll win in Turkey).

APATHY: A word now fallen into disuse due to a lack of concern for it.

The debute said it all: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guo5p...eature=related
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old August 17th, 2005, 23:27
Rising Star

I do
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old August 18th, 2005, 00:23
Rising Star

Teams: FC Barcelona
Danish ratings: (out of 10)

Sørensen 7 (Had a good save and couldn't do much about the goal)

Priske 7 (Kept Joe Cole out of the game and participated offensively too)
N. Jensen 8 (As usual calm and great in the build up play)
P. Nielsen 7 (decent performance...never really tested...he lacks pace though)
Agger 9 (WOW Impressive performance (I'm FCK fan) this guy has a very bright future)

Poulsen 9 (Made both Gerrard and Lampard invisible...totally controlled the midfield)
Gravesen 8 (Energetic performance as usual)
Grønkjær 2 (He ran from A. Cole once but soon after messed it up...sad performance)
Jørgensen 5 (Clearly unfit)
C.Jensen 9 (great vision and technique he was the maestro offensively)

JDT 8 (scored a goal and assisted another and altough not totally fit he worked hard)

SUBS:
Gravgaard 8 (Great debut, no mistakes- proved how lethal he is in the air by scoring)
Rommedahl 8 (he came, he scored, he assisted)
Kahlenberg 8 (Very good performance, fabulous passing and always did the right thing)
Perez 7(OK, not thrilling)
S.Larsen 8 (deadly even as a sub)
D. Jensen (Unrated)

I rate all the English player 5/10 except Rooney 8/10 and David James 1/10

MoM: C. Poulsen
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old August 18th, 2005, 11:14
Flop
International

Teams: S.S. Lazio
It's a long time it's been such a joy to watch the Danish NT and what a great second half. But it's true that we only know how to play when we are one up or against better opponents because they open up too.

It would be quite typical if we go to Istanbul and embarrass ourselves but I think we have a good chance aginst Turkey because they won't just stand back and defend. That will open up our game.

Kahlenberg should get Jørgensens spot. Kalle has something good going for him right now and Martin is just not up to it right now. I realise Serie A hasn't started yet but when was the last time Martin played a really good match for the NT? His good performances are just too far in between.

Agger will be immense one day but I have my doubts if he is the right guy in a do or die match in Istanbul.

Yada, yada
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old August 18th, 2005, 11:27
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biancoceleste
Kahlenberg should get Jørgensens spot. Kalle has something good going for him right now and Martin is just not up to it right now. I realise Serie A hasn't started yet but when was the last time Martin played a really good match for the NT? His good performances are just too far in between.
Jeps, to hell with Martin he is not needed at all :thmbdown:
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old August 18th, 2005, 12:15
Star Player

grats, well done

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in