Historic Victory For FK Fortuna Ålesund - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old July 30th, 2005, 21:23 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Historic Victory For FK Fortuna Ålesund

The first division Norwegian women's club FK Fortuna Ålesund defeated Toppserien club Sandviken 5-4 to advance to the NM cup quarterfinals for the first time ever. I'm curious to know more details about the match including what the attendance was at Aksla Stadion for today's historic victory.

Here's the link to an article I found with a preview of today's match:

http://www.nettposten.no/nyheter.php?newsID=416&katID=5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old July 31st, 2005, 23:46
Legend

Teams: Aalesunds FK & Crystal Palace
Unfortunately I was not able to go to the match, but their win provoked a great roar from my lungs. I'll give you more details about the match tomorrow, when I've read the monday morning newspaper. The attendance would not have been too high, but if they continue like this, I guarantee you that it will rise dramatically. Statistically their chances of going further are extremely slim though. I hope that they one day can get promoted to the Top league, and consistently perform on a higher level.
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old August 2nd, 2005, 01:46
Legend

I saw the highlight on local tv today. Fortuna dominated and played an excellent first half, but Sandviken came back with fury in the second half and equalised the lead. The top league team also had the biggest chances in the extra halves, but great goalkeeping by Fortuna’s keeper forced a penalty contest. I must say that Sandviken’s keeper looked shaky throughout the match. She had no chance in the penalty contest, the Fortuna players scoring with ease, as she leaped to a side way too early.

There weren’t many spectators, but both fans and players were walking on clouds after the match. They said that they hoped for another team that was possible to beat in the next round, since they are all dreaming about getting to the semi final. However, it’s the top 7 teams in the top league that have gone through, and Fortuna can’t possibly get easy opposition. Personally I hope for Fløya, as I consider them the 7th best team in Norway. Asker is 7th in the league, but they have a much stronger squad than that 7th place gives them credit for. I expect them to finish the league on a better position.

post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old August 2nd, 2005, 15:12
Legend

09. august: Fløya - Asker Fotball

09. august: Team Strømmen - Klepp

09. august: Fortuna Ålesund - Kolbotn

23. august: Røa - Trondheims-Ørn

Incredibly tough opposition for Fortuna!
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old August 6th, 2005, 03:35 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange
There weren’t many spectators, but both fans and players were walking on clouds after the match. They said that they hoped for another team that was possible to beat in the next round, since they are all dreaming about getting to the semi final. However, it’s the top 7 teams in the top league that have gone through, and Fortuna can’t possibly get easy opposition. Personally I hope for Fløya, as I consider them the 7th best team in Norway. Asker is 7th in the league, but they have a much stronger squad than that 7th place gives them credit for. I expect them to finish the league on a better position.
"Tusen takk" for the nice report Orange. :thmbup: Sorry to hear that there were not more fans out to watch this match at Aksla Stadion especially since Sandviken was one of the weakest Toppserien clubs competing in the third round of the NM.

I think you are correct about Asker having "a much stronger squad than that 7th place gives them credit for." Ironically enough Asker has drawn Fløya in the fourth round of the NM and is now scheduled to travel up to Tromsø twice in five days to play Fløya. :eekani: However, this could give Bente Nordby and company a good opportunity to not only advance to the NM semifinals, but to also move up higher in the table if they can come away with two victories on the road.

Here is the link to an article posted at the "askerfk.no" site that discusses the two upcoming Asker-Fløya matches:

http://www.askerfk.no/index.php?cat=4&aid=337
post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old August 6th, 2005, 04:19
Rising Star

No no, Fløya will beat Asker twice I hope. Fløya is also better than the league position showes. Fløya finished 3th last season and have a better team this season, espesially the attack is very strong with players like Frantzen, Heimlund and Moore. The defence on the other hand have not been very good but Fløya have signed the solid central defender Monica from Brazil in the summer break and will hopfully wich should strenghten the defence. Fløya are strong at home and won all matches home so far.

btw. Fløya will meet leagu leader Kolbotn at Alfheim Stadium today, Tromsø IL Arena and it expected that it may be a new attendance record in Toppserien in this match. Just hope for and replay from last season when we beated them 7-0

Last edited by Gutan; August 6th, 2005 at 04:27.
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old August 7th, 2005, 12:44
Legend

I might have to swallow my words, yesterday Kolbotn got their first loss of the season when they lost to Fløya.

Trondheims-Ørn - Røa 1-0 (1-0)
Liungen-Kattem 6-4 (3-1)
Fløya-Kolbotn 3-1 (3-1)
Klepp-Sandviken 3-0 (1-0)
Team Strømmen - Asker 2-0 (2-0}

1. Kolbotn 9 7 1 1 33 - 8 5 4 1 0 18 - 2 4 3 0 1 15 - 6 25 22
2. Team Strømmen 9 6 1 2 22 - 8 4 3 1 0 12 - 3 5 3 0 2 10 - 5 14 19
3. Trondheims-Ørn 9 6 1 2 13 - 7 4 3 1 0 5 - 2 5 3 0 2 8 - 5 6 19
4. Klepp 9 5 3 1 23 - 10 5 5 0 0 16 - 1 4 0 3 1 7 - 9 13 18
5. Fløya 9 5 1 3 25 - 13 4 4 0 0 19 - 1 5 1 1 3 6 - 12 12 16
6. Røa 9 5 1 3 17 - 7 4 3 0 1 13 - 3 5 2 1 2 4 - 4 10 16
7. Asker 9 3 0 6 17 - 17 5 3 0 2 17 - 5 4 0 0 4 0 - 12 0 9
8. Sandviken 9 1 2 6 10 - 26 4 0 1 3 4 - 8 5 1 1 3 6 - 18 -16 5
9. Liungen 9 1 1 7 10 - 43 5 1 1 3 10 - 19 4 0 0 4 0 - 24 -33 4
10 Kattem 9 0 1 8 12 - 43 5 0 1 4 6 - 18 4 0 0 4 6 - 25 -31 1
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old August 8th, 2005, 07:01 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutan
No no, Fløya will beat Asker twice I hope. Fløya is also better than the league position showes. Fløya finished 3th last season and have a better team this season, espesially the attack is very strong with players like Frantzen, Heimlund and Moore.
I will be really impressed by Fløya if they are able to defeat Asker twice this week. I agree with you that Fløya definitely has the talent to finish higher than sixth place, but they will have to play much better in their away matches if they expect to compete for a medal again this season.

Fløya has had impressive home victories over two of the top three clubs, Trondheims-Ørn and Kolbotn, but lost badly on the road (5-0 ) to the #2 club, Team Strømmen. Fløya has also lost on the road by two goals both to Røa (currently tied on points with Fløya) and to #4 Klepp.

Quote:
The defence on the other hand have not been very good but Fløya have signed the solid central defender Monica from Brazil in the summer break and will hopfully wich should strenghten the defence. Fløya are strong at home and won all matches home so far.
It looks like Fløya did the most to strengthen their club during the summer break by signing Monica. After their victory over Kolbotn, not only is Fløya still unbeaten and untied at home this season, but they have won their four matches by an aggregate score of 19-1!

Asker will be a good test for Fløya. They have IMHO the best female goalkeeper of all time, Bente Nordby, along with Lise Klaveness, who was one of the big stars for Norway during Euro2005. They also have the all-time leading goalscorer in Toppserien history, Kjersti Thun and an upcoming star Lindy Melissa Wiik, who has scored some big goals for both the full National Team as well as the U21 squad.
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old August 8th, 2005, 07:28 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Quote:
09. august: Fløya - Asker Fotball

09. august: Team Strømmen - Klepp

09. august: Fortuna Ålesund - Kolbotn

23. august: Røa - Trondheims-Ørn

Incredibly tough opposition for Fortuna!
It will definitely be tough for Fortuna to defeat Kolbotn under any circumstances, but this Cup match in Ålesund will be the second of three road trips that Kolbotn must take over a span of just eight days. Since Kolbotn will have to travel back to Trondheim to play their archrivals Ørn in an extremely important league match next Saturday, there is a chance that they could be looking a bit past their first division opponent in this Cup match.

Last week Kolbotn won their third round Cup match against first division opponent Bamble with relative ease. If Fortuna can manage to keep the score close in the first half or if lightning strikes and they actually score first, this could be an extremely interesting match.

I watched Kolbotn play at home against Klepp six weeks ago and Kolbotn totally dominated the first part of the match, but only scored once and really seemed to lose their intensity after that. Klepp slowly played their way back into the match, scored the equalizer off of a set piece and then took control of the match for the next 15-20 minutes and eventually managed to take the lead on a nice goal by Dagny Mellgren.

Kolbotn did fight right back and Solveig Gulbrandsen scored so that the final result was a 2-2 draw, but what I saw in this match was that Kolbotn is not invincible and can even be outplayed on their home pitch by a lesser opponent. Kolbotn has some great individual talent including six players who were on Norway's Euro2005 squad and when they play up to their potential it can be scary for the opposition, but as Gutan pointed out, even with all of their talent, Kolbotn can play terrible such as last season's 7-0 loss to Fløya.

In any event, this will be a really great opportunity for Fortuna Ålesund to play such a talented team on their home pitch and I hope that there is a good crowd supporting them tomorrow night. BTW - I love the name Fortuna. Does anyone know what the origin is of this name?

Last edited by nordby1; August 8th, 2005 at 07:42.
post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old August 9th, 2005, 19:41 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordby1
In any event, this will be a really great opportunity for Fortuna Ålesund to play such a talented team on their home pitch and I hope that there is a good crowd supporting them tomorrow night. BTW - I love the name Fortuna. Does anyone know what the origin is of this name?
It looks like the Ålesund fans will have to wait another two weeks for Kolbotn's arrival because the Fortuna - Kolbotn match scheduled for today was postponed due to excessive fog at the airport in Ålesund:

Fortuna - Kolbotn cancelled

This actually could be a little bit of a break for Kolbotn not having to travel to Ålesund just three days after playing in Tromsø. However, the team did have to hang around Gardemoen airport for most of the day waiting to see if the fog would eventually lift in Ålesund. The Fortuna - Kolbotn has been rescheduled for 23. august.

BTW - does anyone know the score of the Fløya - Asker match? I'm assuming of course that Tromsø is not having a fog problem as well and that the match is actually being played this evening.
post #11 of 39 (permalink) Old August 9th, 2005, 20:11
Legend

Asker is leading 2-0 just before the end of the match.

I heard the Fortuna match was going to be transferred to AaFK's Color Line Stadion because of fog at Aksla Stadion, but then the whole match was cancelled because of fog at the airport. Very strange, I was in Ålesund yesterday, and there was no fog there at all. Now I'm in Volda which is very close to Ålesund, and it's sunny and nice here with no fog.
post #12 of 39 (permalink) Old August 9th, 2005, 21:35 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Quote:
Asker is leading 2-0 just before the end of the match.

I heard the Fortuna match was going to be transferred to AaFK's Color Line Stadion because of fog at Aksla Stadion, but then the whole match was cancelled because of fog at the airport. Very strange, I was in Ålesund yesterday, and there was no fog there at all. Now I'm in Volda which is very close to Ålesund, and it's sunny and nice here with no fog.
"Tusen takk" for the Asker update. The match against Fløya must have ended over an hour ago, but there is still no score posted at n3 sport.
BTW - where did you get your update from?

In any event, I really expected Asker to bounce back with a victory in tonight's match after suffering such a tough loss over the weekend to Team Strømmen. Asker apparently dominated that match in almost every way except that they were unable to find the back of the net while Team Strømmen made the most of their chances.
post #13 of 39 (permalink) Old August 9th, 2005, 22:26
Legend

They won 2-0. I got my update from the livescore update at Norwegian text-tv, a service provided by Norsk Tipping. They also have Internet pages with the same offer: http://www.norsk-tipping.no/page?id=23
post #14 of 39 (permalink) Old August 9th, 2005, 23:05 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Quote:
They won 2-0. I got my update from the livescore update at Norwegian text-tv, a service provided by Norsk Tipping. They also have Internet pages with the same offer: http://www.norsk-tipping.no/page?id=23
"Tusen takk" for this link Orange! Of course I've heard about Norsk Tipping, but I never thought about checking their website for NM Kvinner and Toppserien results. Betting on Norwegian Women's Fotball...... "wow!" this could be dangerous for me.

I actually felt so strongly about Fløya defeating Kolbotn and then Asker defeating Fløya tonight that I probably would have bet a few kroner on those matches if I had either been in Norway or had a Norwegian bookie who could have placed those bets for me.

Hey, I just noticed that after 3 1/2 years of occasionally posting here I have finally graduated from "Rookie" to "Player" status.
post #15 of 39 (permalink) Old August 12th, 2005, 17:56 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordby1
"Tusen takk" for this link Orange! Of course I've heard about Norsk Tipping, but I never thought about checking their website for NM Kvinner and Toppserien results. Betting on Norwegian Women's Fotball...... "wow!" this could be dangerous for me.

I actually felt so strongly about Fløya defeating Kolbotn and then Asker defeating Fløya tonight that I probably would have bet a few kroner on those matches if I had either been in Norway or had a Norwegian bookie who could have placed those bets for me.
I just took a look at the Norsk Tipping site and saw that odds were listed for tomorrow's big Toppserien match between #1 Kolbotn and #3 Ørn. Could someone who is familiar with Norsk Tipping please explain what these odds mean and how someone would go about placing a bet on this match?

På forhånd takk!
(Thanks in advance!)

Quote:
38. Trondheims-Ørn - Kolbotn 2,20 3,20 2,05
post #16 of 39 (permalink) Old August 12th, 2005, 20:14
Legend

If you bet $1 on Trondheims-Ørn you get $2,20 if they win, you get $3,20 if you correctly bet $1 on a draw, and you get $2,05 back if you correctly bet $1 on a Kolbotn win.

I have never bet online at Norsk Tipping.
post #17 of 39 (permalink) Old August 12th, 2005, 21:01
Rising Star

I think it would be much easier for you to bet on online companys.

Bokkies that offers odds on Toppserien:

centrebet.com
betandwin.com
betonbet.com
expekt.com
nordicbet.com
multibet.com

and maybe more, but I only use these of those who offer odds on Toppserien.
post #18 of 39 (permalink) Old August 14th, 2005, 02:15 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Quote:
If you bet $1 on Trondheims-Ørn you get $2,20 if they win, you get $3,20 if you correctly bet $1 on a draw, and you get $2,05 back if you correctly bet $1 on a Kolbotn win.

I have never bet online at Norsk Tipping.
"Tusen takk" for the explanation Orange. Do you know if it is possible to go back and check the odds for matches played the previous week? I'm curious to know how much I could have won by placing a $1 bet on Fløya defeating Kolbotn at home last Saturday.

BTW - in Toppserien action today Kolbotn bounced back from their loss in Tromsø last week by defeating Ørn in Trondheim 0-1 and Asker won against Fløya in Tromsø for the second time this week 1-2. I wonder what kind of odds you could have gotten for betting on Fløya to first defeat Kolbotn and then lose twice to Asker at home all in a span of eight days. :eekani:
post #19 of 39 (permalink) Old August 14th, 2005, 02:27 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Quote:
I think it would be much easier for you to bet on online companys.

Bokkies that offers odds on Toppserien:

centrebet.com
betandwin.com
betonbet.com
expekt.com
nordicbet.com
multibet.com

and maybe more, but I only use these of those who offer odds on Toppserien.
"Tusen takk" for this list Gutan. I never really thought much before about betting on women's fotball, but one thought did occur to me about this. Has there ever been any problems at all with match fixing in women's fotball?

It is of course a lot more difficult to "throw" a match in fotball than it would be to do so in an individual sport like boxing for example. However, since the vast majority of the Toppserien players make little or nothing for playing fotball, I wonder if any of them have ever been tempted by the offer of a financial reward for not giving their best effort?
post #20 of 39 (permalink) Old August 15th, 2005, 23:12
Legend

Yes it's possible to look back in time. These were the odds for the match: Fløya - Kolbotn 3,75 4,10 1,35 The result: 3 - 1

So the winning odds were 3,75 times what you would have bet.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in