Malmö will have a hard time , and so will the sorry asses of Brøndby

As for the two clubs from Norway, the it looks like the've got a fair chance

Let's go Rosenborg, Malmö, Vålerenga and Ajax take it home :drool:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old July 29th, 2005, 13:26
Premier Player

Teams: Internazionale
I would never in my life wish for another danish team to be elimineted in europa! If Bif goes through to the CHL it will benifit not only us, but also danish football..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmilan1
Materazzi sei un genio

Last edited by Orange; July 29th, 2005 at 13:40.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old July 29th, 2005, 13:40
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cordoba 4 Life
I would never in my life wish for another danish team to be elimineted in europa!
I would - and I'm not ashamed of it.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old July 29th, 2005, 13:43
Legend

Teams: Aalesunds FK & Crystal Palace
I'm hoping for all the Scandinavian teams as well, and I would hope for Haka if they didn't meet a Norwegian team. I feel a bit Romanian as well though, and Steaua vs Rosenborg would be a great encounter, I would not be sad to see Steaua finally make it to the Champions League stages, even on the expence of RBK.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old July 29th, 2005, 14:56 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Quote:
If Bif goes through to the CHL it will benifit not only us, but also danish football..

Well let's hope it wont happen the, there must be a better path for danish football :thmbup:
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old July 29th, 2005, 20:28
Premier Player

Quote:
I would never in my life wish for another danish team to be elimineted in europa! If Bif goes through to the CHL it will benifit not only us, but also danish football..

Huh huh, I'm looking forward to see Rosales and Rosenberg giving Broendby -F the good news

post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old July 29th, 2005, 20:38
International

I'm looking forward to attend a match between two teams I've been following for quite some time now. I'm looking forward to give my full support to Brøndby, which is the club that takes up the most room in the heart. There's still room for good ol' Ajax, but I certainly know what jersey I'll be wearing on the night.

So, I'm really hoping we'll go on and win (progress) against Dinamo Tbilisi on Wednesday.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old July 31st, 2005, 21:16
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: FC Barcelona, România
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange
I'm hoping for all the Scandinavian teams as well, and I would hope for Haka if they didn't meet a Norwegian team. I feel a bit Romanian as well though, and Steaua vs Rosenborg would be a great encounter, I would not be sad to see Steaua finally make it to the Champions League stages, even on the expence of RBK.
Orange, how is Rosenborg doing lately?
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old July 31st, 2005, 23:51
Legend

Quite poorly. They are midtable in the league, and last weekend they lost to my favourite team, Aalesunds FK. Their pre-season purchases have been close to a fiasco so far, and their latest signings from Uruguay have yet to impress. The team has been struggling with internal quarrels, the coach is close to getting fired, and they are far behind the top teams in the league. I don't think Steaua could possibly meet Rosenborg at a better time. Rosenborg has made some changes though (some old players out, some new players in), their form could be on the way up, but only time will tell, and the Steaua matches are getting closer and closer.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old August 1st, 2005, 00:26
Rising Star

Quote:
Quite poorly. They are midtable in the league, and last weekend they lost to my favourite team, Aalesunds FK. Their pre-season purchases have been close to a fiasco so far, and their latest signings from Uruguay have yet to impress. The team has been struggling with internal quarrels, the coach is close to getting fired, and they are far behind the top teams in the league. I don't think Steaua could possibly meet Rosenborg at a better time. Rosenborg has made some changes though (some old players out, some new players in), their form could be on the way up, but only time will tell, and the Steaua matches are getting closer and closer.
What? What do you base that on? The one game against yous? Both are completely new to the league and come from another continent. Both Lago and Eguren were good today. Eguren had an assist and Lago put in a solid performance. Imo it was too early to put both in the starting line-up against Aalesund. Especially Lago because he is a defender and thus he must know the opponent's style of play well. The style of football Aalesund played is probably very different from what he is used to from Uruguay.
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old August 1st, 2005, 11:23
Legend

You clearly misunderstood me. I said: "their latest signings from Uruguay have yet to impress" which I think is neither unfair nor harsh. However, I leave it open whether or not they will be impressive in the future.

I also said: "Their pre-season purchases have been close to a fiasco so far"
You might think this is wrong as well, but the pre-season purchases are not Eguren and Lago. They are the players that were brought in at the end of last season and the beginning of this season to bring Rosenborg another league championship. They are all accomplished and talented players, but it would not take a trained eye to see that they have been struggling in Rosenborg, and that the team has not been playing well in many of the matches.
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old August 1st, 2005, 11:33
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: FC Barcelona, România
Well, anyways Steaua is not in their best form either. They haven´t reinforced the squad properly this summer and the team seems a bit weak compared to other Romanian teams.

And first they must win Shelbourne in the previous round, which it won´t be easy I think.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old August 1st, 2005, 15:53
Rising Star

Quote:
You clearly misunderstood me. I said: "their latest signings from Uruguay have yet to impress" which I think is neither unfair nor harsh. However, I leave it open whether or not they will be impressive in the future.

I also said: "Their pre-season purchases have been close to a fiasco so far"
You might think this is wrong as well, but the pre-season purchases are not Eguren and Lago. They are the players that were brought in at the end of last season and the beginning of this season to bring Rosenborg another league championship. They are all accomplished and talented players, but it would not take a trained eye to see that they have been struggling in Rosenborg, and that the team has not been playing well in many of the matches.
Missed the pre-season bit. Sorry, read through it too fast, and was too quick when I saw 'the Uruguyan players' in the same sentance.

You are only partly right. We made three pre-season signings and only one of them has failed to impress. The other two have been injured for most of the season, but they have played great when they first got to play. The "flop" so far is Ødegaard, but as he has never played in a 4-3-3 formation before in his career and doesn't even fit in to a formation like that I would like to give him more time. The unlucky injured players have been Kvarme and Kopiinen. Both have been solid when I've seen them and therefore I fail to see how you can say they are stuggling (and how they are young ). Kvarme got on against Bodø/Glimt and will omst likely figure in the next game against Fredrikstad. His come-back will be a real boost.

Much of the reason for Rosenborg's horrible spring spell has been the injuries. Berg has been out for almost all season, same with Koppiinen and Kvarme. Braaten has also been injured for more than two months and Johnsen, Riseth, Russell, Dorsin, Basma and Storflor have also had injuries lasting for a couple of weeks and some even a month.

Last edited by duttend; August 1st, 2005 at 16:02.
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old August 1st, 2005, 20:50
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by duttend
You are only partly right. We made three pre-season signings and only one of them has failed to impress.
Even players you signed before them. Braathen is a huge talent, and should be a dominating player in Tippeligaen, but he has not lived up to expectations in RBK yet. Helstad is a longtime accomplished professional that should be lighting up the Norwegian league, yet he has not been up to the level we all expect him to be at. Dorsin plays a lot, and he plays quite well, but I would also have expected even better performances from him.

Quote:
how they are young ).
I didn't say that they are young.

Quote:
Much of the reason for Rosenborg's horrible spring spell has been the injuries. Berg has been out for almost all season, same with Koppiinen and Kvarme. Braaten has also been injured for more than two months and Johnsen, Riseth, Russell, Dorsin, Basma and Storflor have also had injuries lasting for a couple of weeks and some even a month.
With Rosenborg's amazing squad that shouldn't have had such a strong effect in my opinion. AaFK have had similar amount of injuries until this last month, and have obviously struggled with reserves not being up to the same level as the first team.

Good luck to Rosenborg though, apart from winning the championship (for Norwegian football we really need a new champion soon), I wish you all the luck.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old August 2nd, 2005, 21:28
Rising Star

Good luck to all nordic teams, except Haka of course (and I won`t cry if Rosenborg doesn`t make it). We will face Club Brügge if we beat Haka tomorrow. We have a decent chance at reaching the group stage. Brügge have made some changes since last season, and our coach know a lot about belgian football.

FORZA ENGA
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old August 3rd, 2005, 07:34
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegard
Good luck to all nordic teams, except Haka of course
FORZA ENGA
And Broendby IF of cause :nervous: :thmbup:

FORZA VEJLE
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old August 8th, 2005, 16:15
Rising Star

Teams: FC København
I really would like all Danish teams to make it far. Except Brondby, of course. I feel that FCK could actually do well this time in Europe.

Formerly known as Kroldrup
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old August 9th, 2005, 06:06
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroldrup
I really would like all Danish teams to make it far. Except Brondby, of course.
Let's hope they make it far away, then thier fans will never find their way back
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old August 10th, 2005, 15:03 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroldrup
I really would like all Danish teams to make it far. Except Brondby, of course. I feel that FCK could actually do well this time in Europe.
Agreed agreed agreed.

I hope FCM, Esbjerg and FC København will win their matches, but when it comes to Brøndby I'll give Ajax all my support.
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old August 26th, 2005, 18:59 Thread Starter
Rising Star

He he those sad suckers are down out forgotten :drool:

Tx Ajax

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in