Legend

Teams: Bayern München
Schalke legend though.

Dirk Nowitzki Basketball God
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 109 (permalink) Old March 15th, 2019, 10:01
International

A fantastic coach but he deserves so much better than this crumbling Schalke team. Then again, he has coached some pretty bad clubs in recent years, to be fair. He coached Stuttgart twice when they almost got relegated although that wasn't directly his fault.

YBC : The rest of the teams in Scotland are on the level of the Moldovan league, but Celtic are actually decent as evidence by their Champions League performances.
post #83 of 109 (permalink) Old March 19th, 2019, 18:03 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
Hoffenheim appoint Ajax assistant coach Alfred Schreuder to manage them starting next season. He was Hoffenheim’s assistant from 2015-18

post #84 of 109 (permalink) Old March 19th, 2019, 23:27
Forum Manager
Legend

They didn't want to wait for Rose to make up his mind. He apparently had an offer since weeks and kept dragging it out.

post #85 of 109 (permalink) Old March 21st, 2019, 09:39
International

It also didn't help that Nagelsmann stayed longer than initially planned. ^^ What's killing Hoffenheim as in previous seasons is their inability to win for several games in a row and their huge number of draws, the highest in the league.

YBC : The rest of the teams in Scotland are on the level of the Moldovan league, but Celtic are actually decent as evidence by their Champions League performances.
post #86 of 109 (permalink) Old March 28th, 2019, 08:37
International

Bayern have signed 23 year old French international defender Lucas Hernandez from Atlético Madrid on 5 year deal for 80 million Euros, thus becoming the most expensive transfer in Bayern's history.

post #87 of 109 (permalink) Old March 31st, 2019, 18:54 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Dortmund back on top before their clash at Munich next match day thanks to two late goals to beat Wolfsburg. Bayern dropped points in Freiburg but Lewa missed a sitter to win it at the end

Frankfurt moves to 4th after their win over Stuttgart and Gladbach’s loss at Düsseldorf. The competition for the final EL spots will be interesting with Bremen, Leverkusen, Wolfsburg and Hoffenheim separated by one point

Not much to note at the bottom. Schalke win and move six points clear of the playoff spot. Nurnberg get a win but still work to do to reach Stuttgart
Tarik likes this.
post #88 of 109 (permalink) Old April 1st, 2019, 11:11
International

With Hannover's loss to Schalke, Nürnberg can still mathematically hope to at least finish in the relegation playoff spot but they need to start picking up points soon. Schalke are now 6 points away from the relegation playoff spot but are far from safe just like Augsburg and especially Stuttgart. Mainz need about 2-3 more wins to ensure safety.

post #89 of 109 (permalink) Old April 1st, 2019, 20:46
Forum Manager
Legend

Was away in Switzerland this weekend so couldn't see anything but not a good weekend for Bayern.
Tarik likes this.

post #90 of 109 (permalink) Old April 1st, 2019, 21:11
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerheart View Post
Was away in Switzerland this weekend so couldn't see anything but not a good weekend for Bayern.
You could have come visit me. In all seriousness, it's just been a huge season of inconsistency for Bayern and for Dortmund as well but to a much lesser extent.

post #91 of 109 (permalink) Old April 1st, 2019, 21:37
Forum Manager
Legend

Never knew you were in Switzerland. Where about? I landed in Zürich but was staying in Luzern.

post #92 of 109 (permalink) Old April 2nd, 2019, 08:01
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerheart View Post
Never knew you were in Switzerland. Where about? I landed in Zürich but was staying in Luzern.
I'm around the Bern area but I'm probably only here temporarily. I've been to a couple of Swiss league games so far, very impressive atmosphere especially in Sion a few weeks ago. If Bayern or Dortmund were to play in Switzerland in the CL next season, I would definitely go.

post #93 of 109 (permalink) Old April 4th, 2019, 14:11 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Hecking will step down at Gladbach at the end of the season despite having a contract until 2020. Marco Rose is the heavy favorite to take the job. Hecking meanwhile will probably go to Hannover in some capacity, most likely as a sporting director. Thomas Doll also likely won't survive the season

In other managerial news, Schalke are negotiating with Roger Schmidt who is currently in China, latest news says he will reject them though.
post #94 of 109 (permalink) Old April 4th, 2019, 17:12
Forum Manager
Legend

Rose has just rejected Schalke.

Btw, as far as I understood the press conference that I watched, Hecking didn't really step down, he was disappointed being told he will not be able to stay longer than until the summer. Sounds like a firing to me.

post #95 of 109 (permalink) Old April 5th, 2019, 08:00
International

It was my understanding that Hecking had a contract until 2019, not 2020. It's quite a dumb decision either way. Mönchengladbach have had a mixed season but they are still 5th in the table and have a decent chance to make it to the Europa League at the very least which is a great success for them considering their current squad is far from being worldclass. It's a big improvement over last season when they finished 9th, if the board wanted to get rid of him they should have done it last year when they had more arguments to do it than now.

post #96 of 109 (permalink) Old April 5th, 2019, 08:25
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zhetysu Taldykorgan
Do you think Frankfurt could hang on to their attacking stars if they finished fourth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbox Ana
let me give u a lil love
post #97 of 109 (permalink) Old April 5th, 2019, 14:44
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik View Post
It was my understanding that Hecking had a contract until 2019, not 2020. It's quite a dumb decision either way. Mönchengladbach have had a mixed season but they are still 5th in the table and have a decent chance to make it to the Europa League at the very least which is a great success for them considering their current squad is far from being worldclass. It's a big improvement over last season when they finished 9th, if the board wanted to get rid of him they should have done it last year when they had more arguments to do it than now.
They extended with him in November.

I also don't understand what they expect. Them being 2nd/3rd for quite some time was always overperforming...

post #98 of 109 (permalink) Old April 5th, 2019, 14:44
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
Do you think Frankfurt could hang on to their attacking stars if they finished fourth?
No. If a big team comes hunting they have no chance.

post #99 of 109 (permalink) Old April 5th, 2019, 14:47
Xtratime Elite

Teams: MTK
hey Tiger, how was Budapest? did you meet bono?
post #100 of 109 (permalink) Old April 5th, 2019, 21:16
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by szövkap View Post
hey Tiger, how was Budapest? did you meet bono?
Was great. Very nice city. Good weather (which is always luck of course) too. And yes, I met Bono.
szövkap likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in