Zenit v Dortmund - Champions League last 16 - 25/02/2014 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 60 (permalink) Old February 23rd, 2014, 10:45 Thread Starter
CDG
World Class Player

Zenit v Dortmund - Champions League last 16 - 25/02/2014

Zenit are almost at full strength for this one, the only injury concerns are Shirokov and Danny. New 18 Million striker Rondon signed from Rubin Kazan will make his competitive debut. Zenit will be hampered by having 4 sectors of their ground closed due to the clashes in December in Vienna.

The current European rankings, there is very little to choose between the clubs, Dortmund 16th and Zenit 20th. The following year will see both leap with Dortmund upto 13th and Zenit 15th best team in Europe.

Dortmund are going to be without - Subotic, Gundogan and Błaszczykowski. They also have a doubt over Hummells, Reus and Bender came back from injury yesterday, Bender was subbed at half-time. I don't know if it was injury or performance related but Lewandowski was all subbed on 67 mins yesterday despite his team needing goals after being 2-0 down at the time.

We have a great recent record against German opposition in knock out, in fact we have knocked out the last 3 German teams we have faced -

Zenit 2 Stuttgart 1
Stuttgart 1 Zenit St Petersburg 2

Bayern Leverkusen 1 Zenit 4
Zenit 0 Bayern Leverkusen 1

Bayern Munich 1 Zenit 1
Zenit 4 Bayern Munich 0

4 wins a draw and 1 loss. 13 goals scored and 5 conceded.

Can we keep this up?

Expected Zenit line up if all injury doubts are fit.

Lodygin
Criscito
Lombaerts
Neto
Anyukov
Witsel
Shatov
Danny
Shirokov
Hulk
Rondon

Can we do this? Yep, let's go forward for Piter!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 60 (permalink) Old February 23rd, 2014, 12:18
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: dinamo kyiv,benfica,and russian sport
ryazantsev,shirokov and danny would start but none will make it.

so zenit mid will rely heavily on witsel.

Russian women

World volley champio
Vice olympic volley champion
World handball champion
European basket champion
Vice world basket champion
post #3 of 60 (permalink) Old February 23rd, 2014, 12:30 Thread Starter
CDG
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleber View Post
ryazantsev,shirokov and danny would start but none will make it.

so zenit mid will rely heavily on witsel.
The Danny loss would be the biggest of those 3 and he is just a doubt, he is not definitely ruled out. Other than Lombaerts, Criscito, Hulk, Rondon, Witsel, Danny and Shirokov, everyone else in our squad is just about as good as the replacement coming in.

To possibly be without 2 of those 7 is a massive blow but I think 1 of them will make it.

Shirokov has come back from throwing the captains armband on the floor after being substituted, next match coming on as sub and scoring a goal and giving almost a fk u sign to the fans which got him a Red Card and still played for Zenit. There are dozens of different stories about him and unless you were in the dressing room, nobody knows for certain what happened. I am definitely not ruling him out. On his Instagram account he is shown getting a treatment for an injury after coming back from the training camp.

I don't think Ryazantsev would have started, I think he will go for Shatov in midfield, in his short Zenit career he has looked decent.

Any possibility Zenit can pull out the shock Klebsy?

I'm saying we need to win and not concede, Ideal result 2-0 or better but I would definitely take a 1-0 score. I see us scoring at Dortmund and we would just need to avoid letting in 3 to qualify. With Hulk anything is possible!

post #4 of 60 (permalink) Old February 23rd, 2014, 12:34
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: dinamo kyiv,benfica,and russian sport
i don't see zenit qualify in dortmund.

Russian women

World volley champio
Vice olympic volley champion
World handball champion
European basket champion
Vice world basket champion
post #5 of 60 (permalink) Old February 23rd, 2014, 12:36 Thread Starter
CDG
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleber View Post
i don't see zenit qualify in dortmund.
Thanks pal, I am very surprised and I didn't expect you so say that.
post #6 of 60 (permalink) Old February 23rd, 2014, 17:27
Dzyubaphile
Forum Manager
International

Teams: Zenit, Russia NT
Bender is out for 10 weeks and will miss both legs of the CL tie. lol, that team is cursed with injuries this season. Lewandowski also has the flu but I doubt it will stop him from playing.
post #7 of 60 (permalink) Old February 23rd, 2014, 17:49 Thread Starter
CDG
World Class Player

We can do this!

I'm leaving work early for this, already got the time off, when asked why I said I needed to watch the Zenit v Dortmund match and they gave me the time off ha ha!

I like the fact out of the first 4 Champions League matches, the favourites won all the matches. Dortmund are odds on to beat us in Russia, we are 16/5 + with most bookmakers meaning they have 3 more times chance of winning than us. The fact 4 favourites have already won means an underdog is due a win. We can pull off this shock.

Kleber has already sent me a pm to say he really think we will stuff Dortmund but he didn't want to come across as so Ultra on the forum, he is leaving walking with his Pet Donkey Miguel Alfonso Rafella Di Silva with the Kids on the Algarve beach (he charges 1 euro for a 200 metre Donkey ride) early to watch this and said he will be donning his Fazyulin and Bukharov slippers (Blue and White, Fayzulin on his right foot and Bukharov on his Left Foot) he has changed his dressing gown from Bukha on the back to Lukha by changing the B to a L with a Pen in view of his favourite Zenit player Lukovic. He will have his Zenit rattle, Zenit fingerless gloves, Zenit Beachball on his lap and be donning his Zenit tracksuite for this one. which he will be watching with his army of Zenit pets, his infamous Dog Bukha - Donkey Miguel, Goldfish - Hulk, Parrot - Neto and lastly his Pet Hamster Kherza.

Klebsy is a proper Zenit fan boy.
post #8 of 60 (permalink) Old February 23rd, 2014, 17:59
Dzyubaphile
Forum Manager
International

I can't believe Dortmund are such a big favourite with the bookies. They really underrate us. We don't really lose at home in Europe.

I'm getting really excited for this one. Vperyod za Piter!
post #9 of 60 (permalink) Old February 23rd, 2014, 18:02 Thread Starter
CDG
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sviatoslav View Post
I can't believe Dortmund are such a big favourite with the bookies. They really underrate us. We don't really lose at home in Europe.

I'm getting really excited for this one. Vperyod za Piter!
Only AC Milan have beaten us going back to 2008 and that was due to a freak own goal.

We have played 18 Champions League matches, don't know how many Europa League but it will probably add upto around 30 matches.
post #10 of 60 (permalink) Old February 23rd, 2014, 18:12 Thread Starter
CDG
World Class Player

http://en.fc-zenit.ru/main/video/gl3859/

We got this man on our team, anything can happen!

Now is the time Hulky!
post #11 of 60 (permalink) Old February 23rd, 2014, 18:13
Dzyubaphile
Forum Manager
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDG View Post
Only AC Milan have beaten us going back to 2008 and that was due to a freak own goal.

We have played 18 Champions League matches, don't know how many Europa League but it will probably add upto around 30 matches.
Abbiati had the game of his life to get that Milan win too. We peppered his net with shots on a consistent basis.
post #12 of 60 (permalink) Old February 23rd, 2014, 18:22 Thread Starter
CDG
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sviatoslav View Post
Abbiati had the game of his life to get that Milan win too. We peppered his net with shots on a consistent basis.
Our last 2 defeats at home in Europe - AC Milan - Winner Hubocan OG

Real Madrid 2008 - Winner Hubocan own goal!

Nice one Hubo!

I was at the Real Madrid match and the atmosphere was off it's tits! So was the price of tickets, bought on the Black Market for best part of 400 Euros for me and the missus.

Love it when our fans try and beckon the ball into the net by singing goal goal goal! Even when Madrid scored they continued singing and didn't stop to acknowledge they had scored.
post #13 of 60 (permalink) Old February 24th, 2014, 08:27
Dzyubaphile
Forum Manager
International

Spalletti confirmed that Danny and Ansaldi won't play.
post #14 of 60 (permalink) Old February 24th, 2014, 21:24 Thread Starter
CDG
World Class Player

We don't have too much of an advantage of the injury front, Dortmund are without tSubotic, Gundogan, Błaszczykowski and Bender. Hummells and Lewandowski both expected to be fit.

We are without Danny, Shirokov and Ansaldi, if fit, I'm pretty damn sure all 3 of them would started for us.

How will we line up then? Got a sneaky feeling Spalleti might go for Malafeev in net.

Malafeev (Russian)
Criscito (Italian)
Lombaerts (Belgium)
Neto (Portugal)
Anyukov (Russia)
Witsel (Belgium)
Shatov (Russia)
Arshavin (Russia)
Fayzulin (Russia)
Hulk (Brazil)
Rondon (Venezuela)

Other options available - Kherzakov instead of Rondon or if Spalleti changes his system completely, Kherzakov and Rondon and Arshavin on the Bench. I can't really see other options open to Spalleti. Maybe Zyrianov for Arshavin.

Can we win?

Let's pull this shock off. I fancy either Rondon or Hulk to be on the score-sheet, maybe even both would be good!
post #15 of 60 (permalink) Old February 24th, 2014, 21:45 Thread Starter
CDG
World Class Player

With those 3 injuries and no Ryazantsev, our Bench options have gone from being very strong, to not so strong, Smolynkov, Hubocan, Lodygin/Malafeev, Kherzakov are about the best we will have as back up.

If Danny, Ansaldi and Shirokov were fit, you would probably have Arshavin, Shatov and Anyukov on the Bench too. Might even have Klebsy's 2nd favourite player Lukovic on the Bench, that guy is the 2nd worst player in the RPL after Vitinho.

Still we got Hulky and Rondon and I just know they are going to help us pull off this shock!
post #16 of 60 (permalink) Old February 24th, 2014, 22:49
Dzyubaphile
Forum Manager
International

I expect Spalletti to go with the same lineup that started the last friendly:

Lodygin
Criscito
Lombaerts
Neto
Anyukov
Witsel
Zulinho
Shatov
Arshavin
Hulk
Rondon
post #17 of 60 (permalink) Old February 25th, 2014, 05:38 Thread Starter
CDG
World Class Player

I can feel my man Hulk unloading one of them long-rangers and smashing the net in.

HULK -

BOOM!
post #18 of 60 (permalink) Old February 25th, 2014, 15:59 Thread Starter
CDG
World Class Player

Due to crowd violence at the Vienna game, the crowd will be 15,000 of which 1000 will come from Dortmund. The Ultra Sections are all closed.

Just read a report the Garay deal is done and he will arrive in Piter in the next couple of days - 20 Million Big Ones!

Team news soon
post #19 of 60 (permalink) Old February 25th, 2014, 16:27 Thread Starter
CDG
World Class Player

Our new 18 Million Striker Rondon makes his debut!
post #20 of 60 (permalink) Old February 25th, 2014, 16:47 Thread Starter
CDG
World Class Player

Hummells out for them, we have no Danny, Shirokov and Ansaldi.

We have won 77 percent of our games with Danny in and just 11 percent without him.

We will definately miss him.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in