Gazprom Arena (70,000) Seater Stadium Capacity - Page 8 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #141 of 152 (permalink) Old August 10th, 2017, 18:56 Thread Starter
CDG
World Class Player

Here are the goals -

Last edited by CDG; August 10th, 2017 at 19:02.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #142 of 152 (permalink) Old August 10th, 2017, 19:38 Thread Starter
CDG
World Class Player

Kerzhakov officially retired from Football. Prior to the game, he was given a loud speaker and so decided to sing with the Zenit Ultra's! Why the hell not!

post #143 of 152 (permalink) Old August 10th, 2017, 19:44 Thread Starter
CDG
World Class Player

After the match, the Zenit players celebrate with the Ultra's. We were sat to the left around the 18 yard box in the top tier. The cameraman then follows our captain Criscito and the 2 Argentinians Druissi and Parades as they make there way back to the Dressing Room. In the dressing room the Chairman of Gazprom makes an entrance, check out as he keeps Kerz's brother hanging on the high five!

post #144 of 152 (permalink) Old August 14th, 2017, 19:29 Thread Starter
CDG
World Class Player

My 2nd visit to the stadium in a week and another team has got smashed! If Carlsberg made attending Football matches, they would do well to better than this, 9 goals scored in 2 games with 1 conceded! These weren't against easy teams either, playing against the current Champions and a team who has beaten us 3 times on the bounce!

For anyone who might be going to this stadium in the World Cup, the stadium is not in the best of locations from getting off the Metro (I would say over 90% of fans arrive via Metro) it is around about an half hour walk through a fun fair park, most of the people seem to be walking drinking Beer which is disguised in all manor of bags to avoid any issues with the Police, I bought a Beer and suddenly realised I didn't have anything to disguise it with whilst I walked, so I quickly demolished a Hot Dog and put the wrapper around the Beer! Once at the stadium, it can be as much as a further 30 minutes to get through security and to get to your seat depending on where you are seating.

I've sat in section C211 against Spartak Moscow, this is around the 18 yard box and close to where the Zenit Ultra's are behind the goal and C209 against Akhmat - both of these are in the top tier. C209 gave a better view because it was almost parallel to the half-way line, we were just 4 rows from the front.

The capacity isn't 70,000, there are some temporary seats which gives restricted views and they will only be used during the World Cup, even then, I'm not sure the capacity will be more 63-64,000, in fact I can't work out how it would be more than 60,000 even with the temporary seats. I would estimate the current capacity being somewhere in the mid fifties to late fifties. There was over 53,000 against Spartak Moscow and the web-site showed there was less than 400 tickets left, there is segregation separating the fans which gives empty seats of course for security.

The Roof has been open both matches I have attended but it still feel like your inside, whilst outside the stadium looks a bit like a Spaceship, inside it looks brilliant.

I don't intend on watching the World Cup live but do intend on going back to the stadium next year.

The club has had 4 matches at the stadium this season against Rubin Kazan, Spartak Moscow, Bnei Yehuda and FC Akhmat, the average attendance at the moment is 45.696.

Last edited by CDG; August 14th, 2017 at 19:34.
post #145 of 152 (permalink) Old August 15th, 2017, 11:12 Thread Starter
CDG
World Class Player

Here are the goals and all the action -

post #146 of 152 (permalink) Old August 19th, 2017, 08:56
Rising Star

Szabolcs, what a good player he was:
post #147 of 152 (permalink) Old August 20th, 2017, 07:36 Thread Starter
CDG
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzs10 View Post
Szabolcs, what a good player he was: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuRq6VfPNwQ
He did alright for us when called upon, he had a great free-kick.
post #148 of 152 (permalink) Old August 22nd, 2017, 19:26 Thread Starter
CDG
World Class Player

Thursday's match against Utrecht in the Europa League 3rd qualifying round is officially sold out. There will be over 50,000 fans in attendance.

The club have confirmed our capacity is around 55,000 for Russian Premier League and European matches, they are still standing by the capacity of the stadium being 68,000 for the World Cup by utilising the temporary seats which are already at the stadium and hidden away at the back of the stands, these won't be used for Russian Premier League or European matches, having been to the stadium twice, I am not convinced they would add up to 13,000, my guess is 5,000 maximum for the temporary seats given us a capacity of less than 60,000.

I have to admit, even I am surprised by our attendances at the new stadium against the lesser teams - 45,000 twice against FC Akhmat and the Ben Yuad Isreal team in the Europa League and with this crowd being in excess of 50,000, it doesn't matter who are are playing, the fans are supporting the Light Blues.

Will it beat the stadium record of 53.600 for the Spartak Moscow match earlier this month?

We will soon see!

Last edited by CDG; August 22nd, 2017 at 19:37.
post #149 of 152 (permalink) Old August 25th, 2017, 22:01 Thread Starter
CDG
World Class Player

Despite all tickets being sold, the attendance for last nights match against Utrecht was 49,237 this coupled with the 45,670 who watched the previous qualifier against Bnei Yehuda will mean almost 100,000 of ours fans have watched our 2 Europa League matches against low level European opposition. Another big crowd expected for Sunday's match against Rostov, over 40,000 tickets sold already and just over 4,000 tickets are left for sale.

Here is the action from the match last night. That pass from Druissi on the first goal was superb!

post #150 of 152 (permalink) Old September 24th, 2017, 08:41 Thread Starter
CDG
World Class Player

We made just over 1.4 Million in gate receipts for the match v Spartak Moscow.

Our next home match on Thursday in the Europa League v Real Sociedad should see us get over 50,000 for the 3rd time this season, there are just over 500 tickets left (previous times we exceeded 50,000 were against FC Rostov and Spartak Moscow).
post #151 of 152 (permalink) Old October 14th, 2017, 12:29 Thread Starter
CDG
World Class Player

A crowd of 50,487 witnessed our 3-1 win v Real Sociedad in the Europa League. We maintained our excellent home record against Spanish opposition after only ever tasting defeat once at home (Real Madrid - I was actually at this match!).

Tomorrow see's us face Arsenal Tula at home and this should be our 4th attendance of the season in excess of 50,000, there are just 301 tickets left for tomorrows match.
post #152 of 152 (permalink) Old November 12th, 2017, 00:35
World Class Player

Zenit blows.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in