Xtratime Community banner

Zenit v Lokomotiv Moscow (Round 7)

2K views 49 replies 6 participants last post by  CDG 
#1 ·
Sunday sees us face off against Lokomotiv Moscow.

There is no news on the injury front at the moment but I would expect Hulk not to be available, Malafeev still expected to be ruled out and Cristico does not return to the main squad until mid-September.

It will be interesting to see what Spalleti does at full back, Smolynkov, Ansaldi and Anyukov for 3 positions although the way Smolynkov bursts forward he could just as easy play as a RM for us and give us a solid defensive edge in there as well as some serious pace going forward. He would be very unlucky to be out of the team and along with Lodygin they have both proved to be quality signings. Possible team for Sunday.

Lodygin
Anyukov
Lombaerts
Hubocan
Ansaldi
Witsel
Zyranov
Shirkov
Smolynkov
Danny
Kherzakov

Subs -

Fayzulin, Arshavin, Tymoshuck, Bystrov, Neto, Shatov and Bukharov.

Awesome strength in depth.

See less See more
#2 ·
Seriously Zyryanov starting?

#4 ·
Not my choice fella, this is the most likeliest team possibly and he is the captain.

If it was me I would have Arshavin in and Klebsys very own Zenit favourite Booom there is it Bukharov Booom there it is Bukharov in the starting 11.

Zyranov should just be a bench player in my opinion and if we can get one of the full backs like Ansaldi or Smolynkov into the midfield there is solid defensive edge in there for us.

#5 ·
Oh there you go then, Smolynkov and Anyukov to be the full backs!

Klebsy might get really excited if Bukharov keeps his place and we bring in his other Zenit favourite Fayzulin. He can even don his Zenit dressing gown with Bukha on the back along with his Fayzulin slippers and lets not forget he named his dog Bukha after the Zenit legend, he can watch the game too!

#10 ·
Anyukov, Bystrov, Fayzulin - 3 Automatic first choice 11 starters for Russia on the Bench! Shatov and Tymoshuk also amongst the subs and Booooom Booom Bukharov!

Hulk, Crisitico and Malafeev all still injured and Ansaldi is suspended.

Imagine how strong that bench is going to be with the above 4 players are back too!

#11 ·
Superman Hubocan at left-back?

#12 ·
Yep Superman Hubocan at left-back lol Anyukov will be pretty pissed off, first choice right back for Russia and now fully fit and now has lost his place to Smolynkov. This is not squad rotation as Smolynkov is playing every game.

Smolynkov has been very impressive since his debut and has some serious speed. He reminds me of Anyukov from 5 years ago.

I don't know how much his fee cost but with a Russian Passport even 5-6 Million Euro would be a snip on what I have seen from him on his 4-5 matches he has played so far. He has definitely been able to raise his game and move up another level.

#13 ·
So do you think Zenit needs another defender at all? I think Zenit has all its bases covered in defence, it can cover all deficits in fullbacks when needed, the only bigger worry would be if something happened to their 2 CBs at once, as they have 3.

#15 ·
Spalleti said Crisitico can play CB.

So you have Cristico, Hubocan, Neto, Lombaerts and Tymoshuck all available for the CB positions. Tymoshuk played CB in the Champions League final for Bayern just over 1 year ago so if he is good enough to fill in for them he is more than good enough for us too!

Full backs - Anyukov, Ansaldi, Smolynkov and Crisitico and to a lesser extent Khodjaniyazov and Rodic.

Our squad is so much stronger than the one we had for last years Champions League campaign and we do have exceptionally well to keep hold of Hulk and Witsel.

#14 ·
Just to add the above point, Anyukov can't get a game due to Smolynkov's impressive first few games for Zenit but this is without us having Ansaldi and Crisitico available at full back position too which would make his chances of starting even worse.

#18 ·
Of course he can he is only 30 years old!

He is first choice right back for Russia and has been for years and he can't get into the Zenit team even without us having Ansaldi or Crisitico available.

Smolynkov to possibly take his national team place if he can keep up his form from his first few games for Zenit over the next 3-4 months and Anyukov remains on the Bench.

#29 ·
wasn't a 100 per cent goal chance?

maybe yellow but i don't know.

durica realy screw everything there.

#28 ·
red card too harsh,should had been yellow.

hubocan very poor as left back,lokomotiv danger is coming from there.
samedov with a lot of space.

last minute of the first half huge chances for each team,well done both keepers.

#33 ·
well cdg you and your smolnikov.

awful game by him.

what a pathetic second half by zenit.

zero football,zero....

#35 ·
Zenit-Loko 2-1,zyryanov 86 min.

Danny made the difference in that play.

Kuchuk>>>>>>spalletti.

great tactics by loko coach who 11 against 11 would not lose this game.
lokomotiv can finnish in top 5 for sure.

Boussoufa mvp,great great game,great buy by loko.

zenit second half awful,phisicaly 3,4 players completely rotten and semi injuried.
zenit plays always with 10,no men in the box,lol....

don't think shirokov will be ready for the nt,got some kind of injurie.

#36 ·
Tired performance but after 5 games in 15 days against an opponent with no European Football it is understandable. Normally we could rotate the squad but those 4 injuries to 3 players at least who would have definately started means were going to bring in not as good players.

We have already played Dynamo and Rubin away and Loko at home so our fixtures are going to get easier.

Brilliant run by Danny to set up the winner.

#38 ·
Danny has only had one dip in form for Zenit in 5 years which after the winter break this year. When he came back from injury last year he was bang in form but got some form of knock in the winter break (not serious) he continued to play for the team and his form wasn't there which had quite a few people saying he was done a footballer.

In fact every week Zenit's web-site has an interview with a fan from abroad about how they came to support Zenit, favourite player etc and it seemed to be a continuous theme of fans saying there favourite player was Danny but his better years are now behind him, he must have been reading this thinking WTF!

He has been the the best player in the RPL for the past 5 years.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.