Xtratime Community banner

Zenit v Lokomotiv Moscow (Round 7)

2K views 49 replies 6 participants last post by  CDG 
#1 ·
Sunday sees us face off against Lokomotiv Moscow.

There is no news on the injury front at the moment but I would expect Hulk not to be available, Malafeev still expected to be ruled out and Cristico does not return to the main squad until mid-September.

It will be interesting to see what Spalleti does at full back, Smolynkov, Ansaldi and Anyukov for 3 positions although the way Smolynkov bursts forward he could just as easy play as a RM for us and give us a solid defensive edge in there as well as some serious pace going forward. He would be very unlucky to be out of the team and along with Lodygin they have both proved to be quality signings. Possible team for Sunday.

Lodygin
Anyukov
Lombaerts
Hubocan
Ansaldi
Witsel
Zyranov
Shirkov
Smolynkov
Danny
Kherzakov

Subs -

Fayzulin, Arshavin, Tymoshuck, Bystrov, Neto, Shatov and Bukharov.

Awesome strength in depth.

See less See more
#40 ·
He was one of the main reasons why we struggled in last seasons Champions League, he was injured for most of it and he makes us tick in the same way Messi makes Barcelona tick. I am not saying he has the same ability but him being in the team transforms us, he will take the ball in our own half and then run it 60 yards upfield. He can take pressure off defence and when on form is amazing.

Him and Hulk are a frightening combination - We have never had both of them on song at the same time, when Hulk came into the team he was Horseshit then Danny came from injury and was amazing then after the winter break Hulk was amazing and Danny was horseshit, we have not had much of Hulks services this year because of the extended break after the confed cup and his extended break.

We definitely can give Athletio Madrid a proper match if these 2 players are on song. They would both walk straight into the Athletico Madrid team.

I've got the new White Zenit top with Danny's name on the back coming to me in England in just over a week when the missus's parents bring it over from St Petersburg and you don't get many of them in England!

#42 ·
Just found the Spalleti interview after the match with Loko and here is his response about transfers -

"All the questions we should ask the squad the club management-Maxim Mitrofanovu and Alexander Dûkovu, because it's in their area of responsibility. They are responsible for work in the transfer market."

Trying to read into this I would say something is happening otherwise he would have said we are done for this window. Any comment about buying players would also alert rival clubs.

Cmon Zenit load a couple of big transfer bombs - Boom!

#43 ·
What happened to that German guy who was supposed to be sports director?

#44 ·
Beiersdorfer the one who replaced Korneev? He is still there.

To be honest the only real person who sorts out the transfers are Miller the CEO from Gazprom who is nearly always at our matches, the Camera constantly pans in on him. The other guys are just links who Miller delegates tasks to once he has agreed something with Spalleti.

If Miller had no say in anything then he wouldn't take it upon himself to attend so many matches.

It's quite good we had a bad performance today but a win because it might make us go for a player we might not have gone for.

#47 ·
I would like us to keep hold of Bukharov, our 2 poorest performances this season against Dynamo and Loko were without Bukharov playing.

He might not be able to finish to save his life and look like a complete Donkey but he keeps the ball well and gives defenders a horrid time with his feet, elbows and head everywhere, he enables our midfielders to get onto the end of anything he can hold onto although Rondon is a beast!

I said it all last season - Rondon, Eremenko and M'Vila would walk into any RPL team and they are the reason why Rubin are better than say Spartak. They have these 3 stand out players.

#46 ·
Would Rubin accept that, though? I bet they'd want to milk Zenit.

#49 ·
We have never been linked with him previously but he is proven in the RPL as well as La Liga and looked decent in Europe last season.

20 Million is not such a big fee given his age and all of the above. He plays upfront by himself too which would be an ideal fit for Zenit.

Rondon up front with Danny and Hulk on the wings - Booom!

#50 ·
http://en.fc-zenit.ru/main/video/gl3651/

Highlights of todays 2-1 win over Loko.

On the 2 penalties - Diarra stopped an almost certain goalscoring opportunity, If he hadn't of fouled Shirokov it would have had to have been miss of the season for him not to score.

Their penalty was very debatable, no way was it intentional handball by Smolynkov.

Nice run by Danny on our goal and great dummy by Shatov to allow Zyrianov to slot home.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.