OFFICIAL Zenit St Petersburg thread - Page 478 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #9541 of 9558 (permalink) Old June 27th, 2017, 20:57
CDG
World Class Player

Transfer update - Manolas having a medical tomorrow, we have agreed a fee of 30 Million Euro with Roma with a potential 5 Million bonus to be paid on top.

We have also reportedly tabled a 10 Million Euro bid for Acerbi from Sassuolo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9542 of 9558 (permalink) Old June 28th, 2017, 19:00
CDG
World Class Player

Another busy day of transfers, today we acquired 2 current Russian International from Rostov in the shape of Attacker Poloz and midfielder Erokhin, both arrived on free transfers, I had seen one journalist describe this as being the English equivalent of a team getting hold of Kante and Vardy on free transfers from Leicester City. I think both players are decent and since we need to have at least half of our team to be Russian when we play in our domestic league, these are great additions.

There is rumours the Parades deal is done at 30 Million Euro, it hasn't officially been confirmed, there has been no word on the Druissi and Pavon deals being confirmed.

The Manolas deal is off for the moment, there is an issue with the player wanting his salary paid in Euro and we are wanting to pay him in roubles.
post #9543 of 9558 (permalink) Old July 1st, 2017, 08:04
CDG
World Class Player

Paredes has just completed a medical, expecting an official announcement today for 30 Million Euro from Roma.

We have been linked loosely with Smolov from Krasnodar, reported fee would be 30 Million Euro. Manolas deal is impotent.

Not sure what has happened with these 2 Argies - Pavon and Druissi, wondering if they were a back up in case the Paredes deal didn't come off or the money is being used for another player/players. It looks from the interview Poloz had done, we had already agreed his deal prior to the confed cup so this looks to not have had any bearing on the Argies joining.

Lodygin and Hernani been linked with moves away from the Club.

post #9544 of 9558 (permalink) Old July 1st, 2017, 18:16
CDG
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDG View Post
Paredes has just completed a medical, expecting an official announcement today for 30 Million Euro from Roma.

We have been linked loosely with Smolov from Krasnodar, reported fee would be 30 Million Euro. Manolas deal is impotent.

Not sure what has happened with these 2 Argies - Pavon and Druissi, wondering if they were a back up in case the Paredes deal didn't come off or the money is being used for another player/players. It looks from the interview Poloz had done, we had already agreed his deal prior to the confed cup so this looks to not have had any bearing on the Argies joining.

Lodygin and Hernani been linked with moves away from the Club.
Official! 23 Million Euro plus a possible 4 Million in bonus's.

What a ripper of a midfield! - Guiliano, Noboa and Paredes we got Brazil, Ecuador and Argentina. Immense!

I'm getting a good feeling about the Mancini transfer policy, were going back to the standards of 2008 when we were on the verge of something big European wise before we lost Tymo and Arshavin and we never built upon the Uefa Cup and European Super Cup win which include wins against 2 of the then top 5 or 6 clubs in Europe - Bayern Munich and Manchester United.

Last edited by CDG; July 1st, 2017 at 18:39.
post #9545 of 9558 (permalink) Old July 1st, 2017, 19:04
CDG
World Class Player

Who is next through the transfer door?

I would be very surprised if we nobody is signed from the players listed below, in fact I would be surprised if we didn't get 2 of the players listed below if we are to believe the media reports linking us with players. I think the least likely is Smolov.

Smolov Krasnodar fee approx 30 Million
Druissi River Plate approx 15 Million
Pavon Boca Juniors approx 18 Million
Murillio Inter Milan approx 20 Million
Acerbi Sassuolo approx 10 Million

We've got ton's of Russians so although were linked with a whole host of foreign players, there will be a certain amount of rotation for our domestic matches when we need to field our quota of Russian players. I would also expect us to start trimming our squad now which is far too big.
post #9546 of 9558 (permalink) Old July 1st, 2017, 22:38
CDG
World Class Player

Paredes and Mancini at our training camp.

2 weeks tomorrow until our first match of the season, it's a nice short one too, almost a local derby.

post #9547 of 9558 (permalink) Old July 2nd, 2017, 16:29
CDG
World Class Player

It's always hard to work out which reports on-line are reliable, here is a transfer up-date on players we are interested in.

The River Plate president has said they have accepted our offer for Druissi, it's not clear what's holding up the deal and dejavu the Boca Juniors president appears to have said the same about the Pavon.

We are reportedly going to resume talks with Manolas tomorrow. One thing worth considering is, Paredes appear to reject a move to Zenit initially and we persuaded him to do a U-turn. Will we do the same with Manolas?
post #9548 of 9558 (permalink) Old July 8th, 2017, 10:22
CDG
World Class Player

Now official! We have signed Sebastian Driussi from River Plate for a reported fee of 15 Million Euro.

Here is an article about him from the official web-site -

Sebastian Driussi was born on 9 Feb 1996 in Buenos Aires. He started his career at legendary Argentine club River Plate and made his debut in the first team at the end of 2013. He has played 92 matches for the club and has scored 25 goals with 8 assists. He has won the championship of Argentina, the Copa Libertadores and the South America Super Cup.

Driussi has represented Argentina at youth and Junior levels*with the U-17 and U-20 teams and has won the South American Championship. In 2013 he became the best player of the U-17 South American finals and was the top scorer at the World Club Championship in the same age category.

By the end of 2016 Sebastian Driussi was rated among the 50 most talented players in the world aged under 20 according to the Italian newspaper Gazzetta Dello la Sport. The Argentine can play in three positions in attack, Central striker or on the left wing and as a supporting forward.

Zenit welcome Sebastian, Driussi to St. Petersburg and wish him lots of future success with the blue-white-sky blues.

Driussi goal

post #9549 of 9558 (permalink) Old July 8th, 2017, 21:25
CDG
World Class Player

And another! Looks like we are just missing the official announcement, we have moved away from Manolas and should be announcing possibly tomorrow the 18 Million Euro signing of Brazilian International Defender Rodrigo Caio from Sao Paulo.

I've lost count of the number of players we have brought in but we've let a few go too and there is talk Maurico could be going to Espanyol or a Saudi Arabia team and we are looking to off-load Javi Garcia.

The main 3 deals money wise assuming Caio comes in -

Paredes 23 Million Euro AS Roma
Druissi 15 Million Euro River Plate
Rodrigo Caio 18 Million Euro from Sao Paulo.

Let's not forget we picked up 3 Rostov players for nothing too, Noboa, Poloz and Erokhin.

Pretty happy with our transfer policy, definitely reminds me what we were doing 2007-2009 when the Gazprom purse strings were trigger happy.
post #9550 of 9558 (permalink) Old July 9th, 2017, 18:40
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: dinamo kyiv,benfica,and russian sport
So Smolov to spartak or zenit or will stay at krasnodar?

Russian women

World volley champio
Vice olympic volley champion
World handball champion
European basket champion
Vice world basket champion
post #9551 of 9558 (permalink) Old July 13th, 2017, 21:13
CDG
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleber View Post
So Smolov to spartak or zenit or will stay at krasnodar?
He's injured at the moment which has put any potential deal on the back burner.

We've still not been able to get the high profile CB we have been chasing.

Not too long until our first match of the season 9am BT Summer Time Sunday Morning.

Let's go Zenit!

post #9552 of 9558 (permalink) Old July 16th, 2017, 07:08
CDG
World Class Player

We kick off our new season in just under 2 hours in one of the Worlds longest away Football trips. Almost 18,000 KM round trip, London is closer to India than the distance between the 2 teams.

This will be the first match under the guidance of our new manager Bobby Mancini, I've absolutely no idea who will be in the first 11, Noboa and Mello weren't in the group of 23 players who travelled. I will guess at this line up -

Lunev GK
Smolynkov RB
Criscito LB (Captain)
Ivanovic CB
Neto CB
Giuliano Mid
Paredes Mid
Shatov Mid
Yerokhen Mid
Druissi CF
Kokorin CF

No place for current Russian Internationals Poloz and Dzyuba, equally, they could both be playing up front and Druissi and Kokorin on the bench. Let's go Zenit!

post #9553 of 9558 (permalink) Old July 16th, 2017, 08:17
CDG
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDG View Post
We kick off our new season in just under 2 hours in one of the Worlds longest away Football trips. Almost 18,000 KM round trip, London is closer to India than the distance between the 2 teams.

This will be the first match under the guidance of our new manager Bobby Mancini, I've absolutely no idea who will be in the first 11, Noboa and Mello weren't in the group of 23 players who travelled. I will guess at this line up -

Lunev GK
Smolynkov RB
Criscito LB (Captain)
Ivanovic CB
Neto CB
Giuliano Mid
Paredes Mid
Shatov Mid
Yerokhen Mid
Druissi CF
Kokorin CF

No place for current Russian Internationals Poloz and Dzyuba, equally, they could both be playing up front and Druissi and Kokorin on the bench. Let's go Zenit!

This line up but with Dzyuba replacing Druissi.

You could arguably say our 2 strikers on the Bench Drussi and Poloz are better than our 2 strikers in the first 11.
post #9554 of 9558 (permalink) Old July 16th, 2017, 10:21
CDG
World Class Player

Boom 0-1! Bobby Mancini working his magic, half-time sub who scores 7 minutes after coming on.

Amazing work by Giuliano in the build up to the goal.
post #9555 of 9558 (permalink) Old July 16th, 2017, 10:48
CDG
World Class Player

0-2.

The hosts nearly scored one of the BEST ever goals, don't believe me, just check out the clip.

post #9556 of 9558 (permalink) Old July 23rd, 2017, 11:13
CDG
World Class Player

The Argentinian invasion continues! Expect an announcement no later than Wednesday for Emiliano Rigoni joining Zenit from Independiente, a fee of around 10 Million Euro has reported to be agreed for the 24 year old winger.

He could be joined by a further Argentian, with Neto's howler yesterday, it has highlighted the need for a CB and we are linked with a variety of different CB along with still being linked with a 18 Million Euro move for Brazilian Sao Paulo CB Rordigo Caio, the issue appears to be we want to pay the fee in instalments (I believe this is the normal trend for the majority of transfers) but Sao Paulo want the full fee up front.

Djordeviec has left us to go on loan to the Arsenal Tula. I would expect a few more departures, Javi Garcia has not had any game time yet this season and has been linked with loan moves to France and Spain. Mollo, can't even get in the squad, I do rate him though, I would hope Mancini would give him some game time for the mid-week European match. Mauricio has been linked with a move to Espanyol, again no game time for him this season either so far.

Last edited by CDG; July 23rd, 2017 at 11:20.
post #9557 of 9558 (permalink) Old July 23rd, 2017, 11:22
CDG
World Class Player

Just realised the video from last week has been removed, check it out again, this could have been the best ever goal scored ever! Check it out!

post #9558 of 9558 (permalink) Old September 12th, 2019, 16:55
Rookie

Zenit Fan Stories

Hey Guys,

I'm researching the club and I'm really interested in finding some inspiring stories surrounding football in St Petersburg. Wether that's a ball boy, a lifelong fan or one of the players (past or present) who has an amazing story to tell I'd be excited to hear it.

Please get in touch with me either here or on [email protected].

Thanks,
Dan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in