Xtratime Community banner

The bet is on...

2K views 100 replies 10 participants last post by  Durkos 
#1 ·
Right, I'm having this down in writing, so there's no forgetting and there's no denying.

Jimbo Jones has bet Durkos twenty whole pound sterling ( £20 ) that Arturo Lupoli, will score 20+ goals this season for Derby County (in all competitions) we've done the handshake, now I want it down here it writing :D

#2 ·
:howler: :howler: I knew that you would post this straight on here again!!!!!!!!, well at least its all friendly banter!!!

#4 ·
HajdukSplit said:
I think Durkos will win 20 pounds ;)
pffft he might as well hand the money over now, he'll get a hat trick against Stockport :D

#6 ·
I am, Durkos will have to cut down on the nights out, when he gets back too Uni, there's plenty of time untill May too save up :D

#8 ·
I'm sure we play more games then the reserve league does as well, so plenty more opportunity to bang in the goals :D

#9 ·
I would be saying Jimbo is putting on real pressure on the young lad Lupoli :confused: . All i'm thinking is 20 pounds coming towards Durkan's trust fund here :excited:

#11 ·
Durkos couldn't afford to gamble anymore than that...he's a poor student :D

#13 ·
Dean'06Campioni said:
If Derby supply him, he will easily score more than 20 goals. Is that in all competitions aswell?
Yep in all competitions, and it's 10 years since a Derby player has scored 20 goals in one season (Dean Sturridge) so it's a massive thing for one of our players too reach that mark.

#14 ·
Ahhhh I love all the support from Xtratime Public this is gaining, I mean this could be the most popular forum on xtratime sooner or later. Well 2 games gone anway Jimbo and still no goals!!!!!!!!!!!!,

even thought you would say, he would get a hat-trick for us Stockport!!!!!!!!!!!

#16 ·
Durkos said:
even thought you would say, he would get a hat-trick for us Stockport!!!!!!!!!!!
If he started he would have :stuckup:

#18 ·
Yep, good start for Lupoli today. Now he has them 2 I think he will move on. I suppose from now on Derby just need to work on the defence because Arturo starting means goals ;)

#19 ·
Sadly we haven't had a good defence for about 8+ years...since Stimac, Rowett, Powell etc...

#20 ·
Well you only need Championship quality defence for now. Your aim must be top 6 or at least very near. It is a difficult championship this year with Birmingham and West Brom dropping back, but Derby need to fight from now. The team on paper is rather decent.

#21 ·
Midfield is very good, we need one more striker in, so we have 4 recognised front men.

Bywater will be in goal when he's fit again.

The defence is the long standing problem though, even the season we got to the play offs it was poor, and we relied on scoring more goals than the opposition to win games, 1 goal would never be enough.

The problem I see, is our defence is mostly very old or very young, and sometimes it looks good like it has the last 3 games, but if our defence isn't on the ball, it tends too have a shocker. We need more new faces in IMO.

#22 ·
Having scored his first Derby County goals at Colchester on Saturday Italian striker Arturo Lupoli vowed to hit the net even more frequently - if he gets the service!

And the 19-year-old hitman, who bagged a clinical brace in the 4-3 defeat at Layer Road, says the international break next weekend should be used wisely.

Talking to www.dcfc.co.uk Lupoli said: "I was happy with my goals, they were good finishes especially the second as me and Steve (Howard) linked up well. But I'm disappointed by the performance and the result as we are a better team than that.

"I feel there is no time to rest whilst we have the international break. I need to train more with the team as I have only trained a few times with them.

"We are not fully understanding one another as there were times in the game when I had made runs that would have put me in front of goal and I wasn't found. If we can train hard together I will score more goals.

2 in one game is not enough for the lad :happy:

#24 ·
Jern Lizardhous said:
Durkos must be getting worried
Yeah, made the point in the pub last night, that if he scored a hat trick against Sunderland he'd be 1/4 of the way there, and he looked a bit worried :D

#25 ·
I'm really liking the publicity this is actually getting :lick: . From a small bet in the Robin pub, to now one of the most popular threads on Xtratime

People will say I don't want the guy to score, but I do... Infact I would happily give him £20 if Lupoli gets more than 20 because he will be first in 10 years!!!!!!!!! to do so!!! :)

#26 ·
Just hope Lupoli doesnt get injured or go off form. If he gets chances he normally buries them though. As I said when I was watching Arsenal reserves, Lupoli is one of the best finishers I have seen and is very fast.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.