UEFA Euro 2020 - The Golden Generation - Page 6 - Xtratime Community
 23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #101 of 398 (permalink) Old January 3rd, 2019, 00:05
Zeko lopove...
International

Teams: Red Star Belgrade, Spartak Moscow, Olympiakos
Hey Mods, maybe we can make this a permanent thread at the top given the upcoming qualifiers and remove Euro 2016?

Heading into 2019 this would be the ideal 23 I feel like currently without the politics. Having said that, I think we're in a much more positive place than we were when the last Euro qualifiers started. I honestly think Bane Ivanovic has mentally retired from the NT, but I could be wrong. That's why I haven't included him. I think one can argue about Ljubomir Fejsa and/or Marko Grujic, but given where our central midfield stood with Nemanja Maksimovic and Sasa Lukic I would like to see them given some continuity as much as Lukic is not featuring for Torino. Grujic meanwhile is injured and I hope he can rediscover his form in January for Hertha.

GK: 1. Marko Dmitrovic, 2. Predrag Rajkovic, 3. Aleksandar Jovanovic

DF: 4. Aleksandar Kolarov, 5. Nikola Milenkovic, 6. Milos Veljkovic, 7. Nikola Maksimovic, 8. Milan Rodic, 9. Uros Spajic, 10. Matija Nastasic

MF: 11. Nemanja Matic, 12. Dusan Tadic, 13. Andrija Zivkovic, 14. Mijat Gacinovic, 15. Luka Milivojevic, 16. Nemanja Maksimovic, 17. Sergej Milinkovic-Savic, 18. Sasa Lukic, 19. Filip Kostic, 20. Nemanja Radonjic

FW: 21. Aleksandar Mitrovic, 22. Aleksandar Prijovic, 23. Luka Jovic

Niko ne moze da zna sta to sapuce vetar.. niko ne moze da zna sta nosi grom iz vedra neba, nevreme se sprema iznad geta pada zvezda moja zelja moja zebnja je nocas ova zemlja.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 398 (permalink) Old January 4th, 2019, 10:34
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Stickied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrix
zoric man, do you have like 5 screens in your room streaming 7 channels while simultaneously following 10 livescore websites?

p
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoRiS_ThE_BuLLetDoDgeR View Post
ZORIC!!!

Feeling depressed about Kosovo? We still have ZORIC!!!

When someone asks for the most famous Serbian exports, you answer "Slivovica, Tesla i ZORIC!!!"
post #103 of 398 (permalink) Old January 9th, 2019, 20:58
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Lots of talk about Milivojević returning. They're basically preparing for it.

Krstajić probably accepted this in order to stay.

Quote:
zoric man, do you have like 5 screens in your room streaming 7 channels while simultaneously following 10 livescore websites?

p
Quote:
ZORIC!!!

When someone asks for the most famous Serbian exports, you answer "Slivovica, Tesla i ZORIC!!!"

post #104 of 398 (permalink) Old January 9th, 2019, 21:21
Star Player

Teams: Serbia and Srpska
Tadic is much smarter than our manager:

DU?AN TADI?: Svi poku?avamo da pomirimo Luku i Matiju sa selektorom! - Fudbal, Reprezentacija, The Best Of

Tadic and his teammates understands we can not achieve anything without all the best players so they are trying to pursue Krstajic to do it (which should be his job) and not overlook players like Nastasic, Ivanovic and Milivojevic.
post #105 of 398 (permalink) Old January 9th, 2019, 21:30
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by marakana11 View Post
Hey Mods, maybe we can make this a permanent thread at the top given the upcoming qualifiers and remove Euro 2016?

Heading into 2019 this would be the ideal 23 I feel like currently without the politics. Having said that, I think we're in a much more positive place than we were when the last Euro qualifiers started. I honestly think Bane Ivanovic has mentally retired from the NT, but I could be wrong. That's why I haven't included him. I think one can argue about Ljubomir Fejsa and/or Marko Grujic, but given where our central midfield stood with Nemanja Maksimovic and Sasa Lukic I would like to see them given some continuity as much as Lukic is not featuring for Torino. Grujic meanwhile is injured and I hope he can rediscover his form in January for Hertha.

GK: 1. Marko Dmitrovic, 2. Predrag Rajkovic, 3. Aleksandar Jovanovic

DF: 4. Aleksandar Kolarov, 5. Nikola Milenkovic, 6. Milos Veljkovic, 7. Nikola Maksimovic, 8. Milan Rodic, 9. Uros Spajic, 10. Matija Nastasic

MF: 11. Nemanja Matic, 12. Dusan Tadic, 13. Andrija Zivkovic, 14. Mijat Gacinovic, 15. Luka Milivojevic, 16. Nemanja Maksimovic, 17. Sergej Milinkovic-Savic, 18. Sasa Lukic, 19. Filip Kostic, 20. Nemanja Radonjic

FW: 21. Aleksandar Mitrovic, 22. Aleksandar Prijovic, 23. Luka Jovic
Mara, I don't think Lukic and Radonjic deserves a spot among 23 atm as long they aren't playing for their clubs. I would replace them with Grujic and Fejsa as you suggested. I would also include Ivanovic instead of Spajic.
post #106 of 398 (permalink) Old January 9th, 2019, 21:44
Star Player

I also think our starting 11 is more or less set.

Rajkovic
Ivanovic - Milenkovic - Nastasic - Kolarov
Matic
Maksimovic - Sergej
Tadic - Mitrovic - Zivkovic

- I prefer Rajkovic over Dmitrovic because he is our future and ready to be a starter.

- I would pick Milenkovic and Nastasic as CB-partners with Veljkovic as the first back-up.

- If Ivanovic wants to continue playing for NT I would choose him as RB. If he doesn't come back I think Maksimovic from Napoli should be our first choice atm.

- "Maksimovic - Matic - Sergej" is a trio that I think would work very well together in both directions. At these positions we also have a very good back-up players in Milivojevic, Fejsa, Grujic and Gacinovic.

- I don't have any doubts for the trio upfront either. Kostic can be used at LW as a more defensive option for Zivkovic. Jovic would be a "super-sub" where he can be used next to Mitrovic upfront with Tadic right behind him in a 4-1-2-1-2-formation.
post #107 of 398 (permalink) Old January 12th, 2019, 12:07
Star Player

Another of Krstajic's assistants is leaving the coaching team.

Jokanovic said in an interview that nobody from FSS has speaked with him about taking over the NT.

Paunovic signed a new contract with Chicago.
post #108 of 398 (permalink) Old February 28th, 2019, 10:25
Star Player

Matic and Fejsa injured are both and will miss the upcoming games. And now when the situation with Milivojevic remain unsolved we stand without a real DM in our toughest game in this qualification cycle (Portugal away). It would be good for our young central midfielders to have some more experienced players by their side. I guess also Nastasic will not be in the squad because of Krstajic.

My squad of 23 players (given that Fejsa and Matic are injured) for the upcoming gathering:

GK: Rajkovic, Dmitrovic, Jovanovic
CB: Milenkovic, Spajic, Veljkovic, Nastasic
WB: Ivanovic, Maksimovic, Kolarov, Gajic
CM: Maksimovic, Grujic, Milivojevic, Lukic
AM: Ljajic, Tadic, Gacinovic, Sergej, Kostic, Zivkovic
ST: Mitrovic, Jovic
post #109 of 398 (permalink) Old February 28th, 2019, 11:41
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Milivojević should swallow his pride. FSS have done their part. But he's obviously waiting for Krstajić to fail in order to make himself look great in public.

Quote:

p
Quote:
ZORIC!!!

post #110 of 398 (permalink) Old February 28th, 2019, 14:53
Star Player

I wouldn't play either. Krstajic has a problem with swallowing his pride also it would he a toxic relationship
post #111 of 398 (permalink) Old March 2nd, 2019, 11:40
Star Player

Teams: Serbian NT
Have someone watched Maksimović in Getafe lately? Who you rate better Milivojević or Maksimović right now? I haven't watched Maksimović nor Milivojević a while.
post #112 of 398 (permalink) Old March 2nd, 2019, 17:39
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzone55 View Post
Have someone watched Maksimović in Getafe lately? Who you rate better Milivojević or Maksimović right now? I haven't watched Maksimović nor Milivojević a while.
They're different type of players. Maksimović is a box-to-box midfielder with a stricter DM-role because of how Getafe play their football. They're very much a "Atlético-light" with a pair of experienced and really good strikers (for the system) who're making the difference in tight games. He's rather protected in this system from an individual point of view but it also takes a lot from a player to sustain a good level of play positionally, tactically and defensively. Bergara was their DM last season but he's barely played so far because of Maksimović's level. It took him 2-3 months before he started making his mark properly but consistent playing time and no interruptions (NT-duties) have helped a lot since November.

Milivojević also plays a defensive role for Crystal Palace but his ability to pass the ball (long range) is better than Maksimović's.

Maksimović, however, is more aggressive, more intensive player. He does more running (sometimes too much in my opinion).

But Milivojević shouldn't really be mentioned since he can't swallow his pride.

The most important thing for Serbia is to find players who're more mobile than Matić and Milivojević. Quicker players, more naturally aggressive, less ball-holding.
dzone55 likes this.

Quote:

p
Quote:
ZORIC!!!

post #113 of 398 (permalink) Old March 3rd, 2019, 02:24
Star Player

Getafe is currently fighting for a CL spot which is an amazing accomplishment. Other than a couple of games, Maksimovic has played practically every minute this season. His workrate is unbelievable and his passing has improved a lot during his time Spain. Lukic too is getting a lot of praise for his recent performances with Torino. I think they're both superior options to Milivojevic. There are reports that Milivojevic won't return to the NT anyway so the discussion may be moot.
post #114 of 398 (permalink) Old March 4th, 2019, 01:41
Star Player

Yeah as for Lukić I'm pretty sure he often got subbed soon after half time or he come in as a subb so I'm not sure how good is he? Though I liked what he showed so far in NT.
post #115 of 398 (permalink) Old March 8th, 2019, 11:06
Star Player

Krstajic's squad:

GOLMANI
Marko Dmitrović (Eibar)
Predrag Rajković (Makabi)
Nikola Vasiljević (Radnik)

DESNI BEKOVI
Antonio Rukavina (Astana)
Nemanja Miletić (Partizan)

LEVI BEKOVI
Aleksandar Kolarov (Roma)
Miroslav Bogosavac (Čukarički)

ŠTOPERI
Uroš Spajić (Krasnodar)
Nikola Milenković (Fjorentina)
Miloš Veljković (Verder)
Stefan Mitrović (Strazbur)

ZADNJI VEZNI
Nemanja Matić (Mančester Junajted)
Ljubomir Fejsa (Benfika)
Nemanja Maksimović (Valensija)
Saša Lukić (Torino)
Branko Jovičić (C. zvezda)

OFANZIVNI VEZNI
Sergej Milinković Savić (Lacio)
Dušan Tadić (Ajaks)
Filip Kostić (Ajntraht)
Adem Ljajić (Bešiktaš)
Andrija Živković (Benfika)
Darko Lazović (Đenova)
Mijat Gaćinović (Ajntraht)
Nemanja Radonjić (Marselj)

NAPAD
Aleksandar Mitrović (Fulam)
Aleksandar Prijović (Al Itihad)
Luka Jović (Ajntraht)
post #116 of 398 (permalink) Old March 8th, 2019, 11:41
Star Player

A lot of strange choices from Krstajic.

It's hard to understand such decisions from a coach with no merits. He has no previous achievements to back up choices that aren't generally accepted by the fans and media. I don't know why FSS are keeping him when the atmosphere around the NT is toxic with him at the helm. It's strange that there hasn't been any talks with Jokanovic for example. We have lost players and leaders like Ivanovic, Nastasic and Milivojevic because of him.

I am afraid he will "burn out" out most talanted generation ever with a couple of bad results in the upcoming period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by voj vojo View Post
Krstajic's squad:

GOLMANI
Marko Dmitrović (Eibar)
Predrag Rajković (Makabi)
Nikola Vasiljević (Radnik) - We don't have too many options atm but I would have preferred Stojkovic as the third GK.

DESNI BEKOVI
Antonio Rukavina (Astana) - Rukavina over Ivanovic is insane. There is still no official reason for why Ivanovic isn't in the squad.
Nemanja Miletić (Partizan) - Miletic over Gajic is unacceptable.

LEVI BEKOVI
Aleksandar Kolarov (Roma)
Miroslav Bogosavac (Čukarički) - OK choice but you can argue if he deserves it more than Filipovic or Obradovic at the moment.

ŠTOPERI
Uroš Spajić (Krasnodar)
Nikola Milenković (Fjorentina)
Miloš Veljković (Verder)
Stefan Mitrović (Strazbur) - Why Mitrovic over Maksimovic who is cemented in Ancelotti's Napoli? Of course, also Nastasic deserves to be in the squad.

ZADNJI VEZNI
Nemanja Matić (Mančester Junajted)
Ljubomir Fejsa (Benfika)
Nemanja Maksimović (Valensija)
Saša Lukić (Torino)
Branko Jovičić (C. zvezda) - Jovicic over Milivojevic is unacceptable. Grujic played for the NT when he was benched but now when he is playing great in Hertha he isn't there - it makes no sense.

OFANZIVNI VEZNI
Sergej Milinković Savić (Lacio)
Dušan Tadić (Ajaks)
Filip Kostić (Ajntraht)
Adem Ljajić (Bešiktaš)
Andrija Živković (Benfika)
Darko Lazović (Đenova) - He can be an good option if we want to play with wingbacks (him and Kostic) in some game.
Mijat Gaćinović (Ajntraht)
Nemanja Radonjić (Marselj) - I don't think Radonjic should be in the NT before he becomes a regular at Marseille.

NAPAD
Aleksandar Mitrović (Fulam)
Aleksandar Prijović (Al Itihad)
Luka Jović (Ajntraht)

Last edited by voj vojo; March 8th, 2019 at 14:41.
post #117 of 398 (permalink) Old March 8th, 2019, 12:00
Star Player

Branko Jovićić NT player
post #118 of 398 (permalink) Old March 8th, 2019, 12:10
Star Player

Reason for Grujić omission:

Quote:
Poziv nije dobio ni ove sezone sjajni Marko Grujić, a Krstajić je njegov izostanak objasnio neodazivanjem veziste Liverpula na pozajmici u Herti za pozive u mladu reprezentaciju.
post #119 of 398 (permalink) Old March 8th, 2019, 12:24
Star Player

Apperantly Nikola Maksimovic was planned to be called but he is injured.

There is still no explanation for why Miletic and Rukavina is in the NT instead of Ivanovic (because he still says the door is open for Bane). When he will be there if he isn't there now when he is in superb form?

Something is not right given the way he took away his captain-status just before WC and the way he benched Bane in the last game against Brazil.

Last edited by voj vojo; March 8th, 2019 at 14:29.
post #120 of 398 (permalink) Old March 8th, 2019, 12:43
Star Player

We now have lost 4 players who are in conflicts with Krstajic (Ivanovic, Nastasic, Milivojevic and Grujic). I don't think Krstajic's attributes as a coach can replace for the loss of quality we have lost in these players.

Why didn't these things happened with Antic? Because he was a good and experienced leader who knew how to handle his players.

Last edited by voj vojo; March 8th, 2019 at 14:43.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in