UEFA Euro 2020 - The Golden Generation - Page 4 - Xtratime Community
 23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 399 (permalink) Old November 30th, 2018, 01:58 Thread Starter
Premier Player

IMO, this is the next breakout big player we are going to hear about from our league in the A team after Joveljic, Djerlek, Markovic, Terzic, Sehovic from the Giants.

I'll be dammed if Jovan Kokir doesn't go to a Bundesliga club in a year or two and dominates the league.
He dominated Zvezda in the derby last season in that famous last game. Very talented kid. The thing I like most about him are his beautiful crosses. Really knows how to lead a counter attack. Technically sound but very intelligent in his decision making. I'll be dammed if he doesn't succeed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 399 (permalink) Old November 30th, 2018, 09:04 Thread Starter
Premier Player

So, with the qualifier drawing in a few days, who do you guys prefer we get in our group?

Euro 2020 qualifying seedings
Uefa Nations League pot: Switzerland*, Portugal*, Netherlands*, England*

Pot one: Belgium, France, Spain, Italy, Croatia, Poland

Pot two: Germany, Iceland, Bosnia-Herzegovina*, Ukraine*, Denmark*, Sweden*, Russia, Austria, Wales, Czech Republic

Pot three: Slovakia, Turkey, Republic of Ireland, Northern Ireland, Scotland*, Norway*, Serbia*, Finland*, Bulgaria, Israel

Pot four: Hungary, Romania, Greece, Albania, Montenegro, Cyprus, Estonia, Slovenia, Lithuania, Georgia*

Pot five: Macedonia*, Kosovo*, Belarus*, Luxembourg, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Moldova, Gibraltar, Faroe Islands

Pot six: Latvia, Liechtenstein, Andorra, Malta, San Marino

Personally, for me, I'd prefer a group of:

Poland (on the decline)
Bosnia (our rivalry would make us not underestimate them plus we have much better individual talent)
Estonia (revenge time)
Moldova (punching bag)

Not sure how it's determined who gets pot six in their group but having a pot 5 and pot 6 would do wonders for our morale and confidence.

I think clearly everyone here wants Poland. Though, I don't really fear anyone. Plus, top 2 advance. I'm almost expecting to be 2nd no matter what. Especially if we keep the kreten, Krstajic.

I'd love to have Bosnia in our group. Yeah, they're playing good football and have Pjanic in his prime with in form Dzeko but I don't fear 2 players. We also have quite a few players from RS that would be fired up for these games. One can hope.

From group 4, I'd like to avoid Greece (take it to easy on them cuz 'orthodox brotherly love'), Albanians (cause we'd probably get kicked out of the tournament after lighting their stadium on fire or more drone sh*t), and Slovenia (cause they somehow always give us issues in every sporting event against them).

Pot's 5 & 6 are just punching bags, irrelevant.
post #63 of 399 (permalink) Old November 30th, 2018, 11:07
Star Player

Teams: Serbia and Srpska
Given the current form of our player pool a 4-4-2-diamond should be the right way to move into the qualification cycle in March next year. I see a lot of advantages with this formation.

- In this formation a lot of our players would play in their natural position which is very important.

- I also think we would be very strong in the middle where it's important to win the battle. We wouldn't be "overruned" by our opponents and we have a lot of players who can transport the ball better way than in previous years (Matic wouldn't left be alone with this task and Kolarov wouldn't be our "playmaker").

- Of course, the consequence would be loosing presence at the forward-wings. This problem could easily be adjusted (depending on how the game looks) by bringing off one of the strikers and bring in of a winger like Zivkovic.

- I also don't think Tadic and Ljajic should play at the same time as they are very similar type of players. I also think it's very good to play Tadic in the middle where we can get max use his creativity.

This is how our best squad (24 players) looks at the moment imo:

Mitrovic - Jovic
(Prijovic as striker)
(Zivkovic, Kostic as wingers)

Tadic
(Ljajic)

Sergej - Maksimovic
(Gacinovic - Milivojevic)

Matic
(Fejsa)

Kolarov - Veljkovic - Milenkovic - Ivanovic
(Rodic - Nastasic - Spajic - Maksimovic)

Rajkovic
(Dmitrovic)
(Jovanovic)

Other squad options that we must follow carefully until March:

- Radunovic should be the fourth GK-option and not Vasiljevic from Radnik Surdulica...
- Gajic should become a squad member as RB if he starts playing in a new club.
- Filipovic (BATE) could be a reserve option for Rodic at LB as we are very thin at that position.
- Lukic and Grujic are two options at the CM (the box-to box-roles) depending on how they progress in their clubs.
- Radonjic and Pantic are options at the offensive roles that we should follow during the next year.

Last edited by voj vojo; November 30th, 2018 at 11:13.

post #64 of 399 (permalink) Old November 30th, 2018, 11:09
Star Player

Give this team to a management that can handle it and we can become the new Belgium in the upcoming coupe of years!
post #65 of 399 (permalink) Old November 30th, 2018, 11:10
Star Player

Another advantage with this formation is that we have ability to become absolutely outstanding at set pieces.

Given a good delivery (from Tadic) into the box from corners and free kicks from long rage, it would be a goal chance every time we can field so many good air players at the same time (Ivanovic/Maksimovic, Milenkovic, Veljkovic, Matic, Sergej, Maksimovic, Jovic and Mitrovic).

Of course, we would also have the chance to be good at defending in this segment.
post #66 of 399 (permalink) Old December 1st, 2018, 23:29
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

UEFA probably need some money now that the big clubs are looking to leave their organization after 2024 so they'll give us this group. Safe income from fines and retarded behaviour.

Switzerland/Croatia
Bosnia
Serbia
Albania
Macedonia
San Marino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrix
zoric man, do you have like 5 screens in your room streaming 7 channels while simultaneously following 10 livescore websites?

p
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoRiS_ThE_BuLLetDoDgeR View Post
ZORIC!!!

Feeling depressed about Kosovo? We still have ZORIC!!!

When someone asks for the most famous Serbian exports, you answer "Slivovica, Tesla i ZORIC!!!"
post #67 of 399 (permalink) Old December 2nd, 2018, 01:33 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Aco Filipovic absolutely deserves a call up. I like Rodic but I'm expecting him to come back down to earth soon enough. Having a good CB/LB like Filipovic is just another solid option at the back plus he's only 23/24 years old. So, ideally, him and Bogosavac will lead the next generation of footballers. Terzic and Sehovic the one after that.
post #68 of 399 (permalink) Old December 2nd, 2018, 01:36 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoric View Post
UEFA probably need some money now that the big clubs are looking to leave their organization after 2024 so they'll give us this group. Safe income from fines and retarded behaviour.

Switzerland/Croatia
Bosnia
Serbia
Albania
Macedonia
San Marino

Trying to get us banned for life!?!
post #69 of 399 (permalink) Old December 2nd, 2018, 01:37 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Also, my bad meant to post the next gen talents in my other thread haha
post #70 of 399 (permalink) Old December 2nd, 2018, 11:44 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Dream draw boys

Portugal
Ukraine
Serbia
Lithuania
Luxembourg

Portugal is always really bad in qualifiers. They're also on the decline because Ronaldo is concentrating more on club football and final tournaments.

Ukraine will be tough no doubt. They are the type of team we struggle against usually but absolutely beatable.

Lithuania were very easy in the nations league group

Luxembourg couldn't have been a better pick from this group

Overall, absolutely should finish top 2. I have a feeling we will be first though
post #71 of 399 (permalink) Old December 2nd, 2018, 11:48
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

SrpskiInat likes this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrix
zoric man, do you have like 5 screens in your room streaming 7 channels while simultaneously following 10 livescore websites?

p
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoRiS_ThE_BuLLetDoDgeR View Post
ZORIC!!!

Feeling depressed about Kosovo? We still have ZORIC!!!

When someone asks for the most famous Serbian exports, you answer "Slivovica, Tesla i ZORIC!!!"
post #72 of 399 (permalink) Old December 2nd, 2018, 11:56 Thread Starter
Premier Player

We really need to figure out our RB situation

Ukraine attack a lot down their left flank with lots of talent there and will create problems for whoever is playing RB for us.
I expect us to lose in Ukraine and draw at home against them

Believe it or not, I expect us to win home against Portugal (good crowd coming to see Ronaldo) and a draw in Portugal

I'm expecting 4 wins against Luxembourg and Lithuania

After seeing this group, no way Krstajic is fired. FA will think this group is definitely a strong possibility to finish top 2 and that's good enough for them. They don't care how we perform at the Euros but just to get there.
post #73 of 399 (permalink) Old December 2nd, 2018, 12:21
World Class Player

Teams: Rvacka
Quote:
Originally Posted by SrpskiInat View Post
Dream draw boys

Portugal
Ukraine
Serbia
Lithuania
Luxembourg

Portugal is always really bad in qualifiers. They're also on the decline because Ronaldo is concentrating more on club football and final tournaments.

Ukraine will be tough no doubt. They are the type of team we struggle against usually but absolutely beatable.

Lithuania were very easy in the nations league group

Luxembourg couldn't have been a better pick from this group

Overall, absolutely should finish top 2. I have a feeling we will be first though
... that ain't an easy group, Portugal are always difficult to play whilst the Ukraine gave even Croatia a few scares over the last few qualifying campaigns etc. but time to deliver for your "golden generation"

Last edited by SPURS_LUKA_FAN; December 2nd, 2018 at 13:00.
post #74 of 399 (permalink) Old December 2nd, 2018, 13:10
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Crvena zvezda, Srbija
I’m not sure we’ve ever beaten Ukraine and it’s a side that we typically come unstuck against.

The sides from pots 4 & 5 are fine.

Године пролазе моје,
ја чекам титуле твоје,
и сваким даном све више
волим те!
post #75 of 399 (permalink) Old December 2nd, 2018, 13:50
Legend

Which game will get us thrown out? ukraine vs Serbia or kosovo vs montenegro?
post #76 of 399 (permalink) Old December 2nd, 2018, 22:34
International

Teams: Crvena Zvezda, Girondins de Bordeaux
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Bandit View Post
Which game will get us thrown out? ukraine vs Serbia or kosovo vs montenegro?
LOL!

What's better...in-form players or continuity/familiarity of play?

Many people seek after what they do not possess and are thus enslaved by the very things they want to acquire...because "precondition of that subjunctive". - Ivica LeFondre
post #77 of 399 (permalink) Old December 3rd, 2018, 01:09
Zeko lopove...
International

Teams: Red Star Belgrade, Spartak Moscow, Olympiakos
Ukraine will definitely not be easy. They won their Nations League group and got promoted to League A.

These are their results in 2018 -

Saudi Arabia 1-1 Ukraine (Kravets)
Japan 1-2 Ukraine (Rakitskiy, Karavayev)
Morocco 0-0 Ukraine
Albania 1-4 Ukraine (Konoplyanka x2, Yarmolenko x2)
Czech Republic 1-2 Ukraine (Konoplyanka, Zinchenko)
Ukraine 1-0 Slovakia (Yarmolenko)
Italy 1-1 Ukraine (Malinovskiy)
Ukraine 1-0 Czech Republic (Malinovskiy)
Slovakia 4-1 Ukraine (Konoplyanka)
Turkey 0-0 Ukraine

Since their World Cup qualifying disappointment in 2017, they went on pretty much an unbeaten run only losing to Slovakia after they had already secured UEFA Nations League promotion. They won their group in a pretty tough group that had the Czech Republic and Slovakia. They also drew Morocco, Italy and Turkey away from home which shows you they can play against tough sides away from home.

In addition to the familiar faces of Pyatov in goal, Rakitskiy in defense, as well as Konoplyanka and Yarmolenko being their two established offensive weapons it seems like a newer generation is coming through in the form of Olexandar Zinchenko who is a rotation player for Manchester City (mostly at left back) and Ruslan Malinovskiy of Genk. They also have one nationalized Brazilian from Shakhtar, Marlos, who'll be their offensive organizer. Also tactically they have to be pretty good as under the head coach of Schevkenko (yes, that Shevchenko), you have Mauro Tassotti, the former AC Milan legend as his assistant.

Niko ne moze da zna sta to sapuce vetar.. niko ne moze da zna sta nosi grom iz vedra neba, nevreme se sprema iznad geta pada zvezda moja zelja moja zebnja je nocas ova zemlja.
post #78 of 399 (permalink) Old December 3rd, 2018, 08:07
Star Player

Schedule

22/03/2019 Portugal (a) 20:45
07/06/2019 Ukraine (a) 20:45
10/06/2019 Lithuania (h) 20:45
07/09/2019 Portugal (h) 20:45
10/09/2019 Luxembourg (a) 20:45
14/10/2019 Lithuania (a) 20:45
14/11/2019 Luxembourg (h) 20:45
17/11/2019 Ukraine (h) 15:00

Looks like our 3 hardest matches in the group will happen within the first 4 matchdays. We end the qualifiers with a match against Ukraine at home which could be a decider.
post #79 of 399 (permalink) Old December 3rd, 2018, 14:42
Star Player

I can't remember when we had a better and more talanted pool of players than right now?

Name:  Serbia squad.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  36.0 KB

Last edited by voj vojo; December 3rd, 2018 at 14:59.
post #80 of 399 (permalink) Old December 4th, 2018, 00:20 Thread Starter
Premier Player

LB/RB is way too susceptible to folding under pressure against quick players.

I think we should explore the idea of playing with Jovic--Mitrovic and having 3 CB's.

Something like this

http://lineupbuilder.com/?sk=h5r4

I have no doubt that Gacinovic can play that RWB or RM position. He's the most versatile player and is an incredible ball-winner. He can keep up with the fastest of left/right flank players. I really like the prospect of this. He can also drift centrally to pack the midfield and let Milenkovic cover the RB position more like he does at Fiorentina. This allows Sergej to drop back a bit who has drastically improved his defense at Lazio. Nobody has more tackles than him this season for his club. Gacinovic can push down that right flank and Tadic can interplay with Kolarov on the left. Kolarov is also too old to be going back and forth. I watched the game against Inter yesterday and after 60 minutes, he just can't keep up so he stayed in the back the whole time and he's not a good defender in the first place so you're really just wasting that position for no reason. Jovic is great on the counter and Mitrovic likes dropping to the CAM position to bring down the ball with his jumps and headers and this works because Jovic can be in a more advanced position so once Mitrogol brings down the ball, one of the midfielders can play a quick ball to Jovic or to one of the flank players and get the ball to Jovic or Mitrovic who would be running towards the box.

Something like this:

http://lineupbuilder.com/?sk=h5r2
or
http://lineupbuilder.com/?sk=h5r5

There's absolutely no reason we should try this against a Luxembourg side or in a friendly at the very least. Otherwise, we will get burned by Ukraine and Portugal on both flanks and God forbid we make the Euros with 35 year old Kolarov and 36 year old Rukavina/Bane at the LB/RB positions. We might as well not even show up.

I'm also looking forward to next summer in Italy for the U21 tournament. Gajic and Bogosavac has the opportunity to make a good name for themselves. Same goes with Filipovic at BATE who is an interesting LB/CB prospect.

Edit:
Sorry don't know how to make it visible on the forum

Last edited by SrpskiInat; December 4th, 2018 at 00:33.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in