UEFA Euro 2020 - The Golden Generation - Page 15 - Xtratime Community
 16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #281 of 293 (permalink) Old March 29th, 2019, 03:25 Thread Starter
Premier Player

It would be wiser to use Gacinovic in that position instead of Ljajic. Has similar offensive capabilities as Ljajic but even better defense. Plus, much quicker as well. Only thing Ljajic has on him is being able to hold the ball in the center whereas Gacinovic is more of a run, pass n gun it type of player. Also, Ljajic is stronger and less susceptible to injuries which is more of a reliability issue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #282 of 293 (permalink) Old March 29th, 2019, 04:17
Star Player

Teams: Serbian NT
Gaćinović is really nothing special in offense either. First of all he really didn't convince us he is that good technically. His first touch isn't that good nor he is creative that much. Also he make mistakes way too much in key moments.

He is good to be sub, but nothing more or at least in some good team he shouldn't be more then a sub.

He is far weaker player of our three in Frankfurt. Actually he reminds me a bit of Ljajić where he was claimed to be next best thing of our football and in reality he is a bit above average. Solid squad player at best.
post #283 of 293 (permalink) Old March 29th, 2019, 12:44
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzone55 View Post
Gaćinović is really nothing special in offense either. First of all he really didn't convince us he is that good technically. His first touch isn't that good nor he is creative that much. Also he make mistakes way too much in key moments.

He is good to be sub, but nothing more or at least in some good team he shouldn't be more then a sub.

He is far weaker player of our three in Frankfurt. Actually he reminds me a bit of Ljajić where he was claimed to be next best thing of our football and in reality he is a bit above average. Solid squad player at best.
Football is about detecting and exploiting the qualities of each and every individual. We're far too one-dimensional in terms of thinking in Serbia. He's currently being formed as a professional at the highest level and that's a lot different to being great at youth level. It takes time and fans don't like this. You can't grow as a player if you're not allowed to make mistakes. It's part of the development and it has to be encouraged because otherwise we'll have players who play with fear. Gaćinović has to be used correctly in order to get the best out of him. His best position is currently being occupied by our best player (Tadić) but Gaćinović can be used in different roles, positions and situations in the meantime. One of Serbia's weakest points right now is the pressing game and he's adding both quickness and aggressiveness in this area but also runs from the second line of attack (like against Portugal for an example) where he's arriving undetected.

His ability to break lines by playing interior passes between the pockets against rival defences is also good. It's a very Vojvodina-esque quality in the past decade or so for some reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrix
zoric man, do you have like 5 screens in your room streaming 7 channels while simultaneously following 10 livescore websites?

p
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoRiS_ThE_BuLLetDoDgeR View Post
ZORIC!!!

Feeling depressed about Kosovo? We still have ZORIC!!!

When someone asks for the most famous Serbian exports, you answer "Slivovica, Tesla i ZORIC!!!"

post #284 of 293 (permalink) Old March 29th, 2019, 19:20
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Crvena zvezda, Srbija
Gacinovic is a player that fits in very well in the system that I would like to see us play. A high tempo, pressing, lots of direct running from midfield etc.

He might not be the most talented player but you need players like him, especially in modern football. I think wed have continued to look very good on Monday had he not got injured.

Theres a couple of good mondo podcasts surrounding the NT by the way. Its called Sve u 16 and has a different guest every week. Available on YouTube and soundcloud.

Also I dont think its the job of the FSS to necessarily develop players. Its their job to create the best conditions possible for the best possible results. You cant expect for example for Ljajic to learn how to play a new position playing 8-10 games a year. That has to be done at club level.

The FSS need to have a good coaching program, make sure that there are good facilities around the country and to create he optimal surroundings for the senior team to flourish.

There are arguments for us to use the same system throughout each generation of players and for there to be synchronisation (I agree with to an extent but then that has its own issues).

For these reasons I would prefer that whoever is coach used players in their natural positions or similar positions to where they play for their clubs where that is possible. Sometimes it might not be and you need to improvise but forcing square pegs into circular holes when you dont need to will more often than not just hinder us.

The only place in the team where this might be necessary is right back.

Године пролазе моје,
ја чекам титуле твоје,
и сваким даном све више
волим те!
post #285 of 293 (permalink) Old March 29th, 2019, 23:55 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Gacinovic was also born for counter attacking football. He knows how to time his runs properly and to deliver key outlet passes on the counter. This is something we need to adopt for this specific generation (except Mitrovic who prefers build up football and set pieces). For Frankfurt, Gacinovic is a key player because of his positional awareness. He always knows where to be and when to make a run. This is crucial if Krstajic wants to play counter attacking football against top sides (so far, he has failed because of his lineups/tactics). If you're going to close up like we do and have our wingers dropping back a lot to help in defense then you need a guy like Gacinovic who can
He's almost involved in every goal for Frankfurt when he plays the full 90. Also, the chemistry between him, Kostic and Jovic is incredible. They have it figured out. Now, it just comes down to playing them together for the NT and properly using them.

Perfect example of what Gacinovic brings to the table is in the up final match against Bayern from last season when Gacinovic scored the 3rd goal to close it out. His runs are incredible and keeps opposing teams on their heels. Hell, you could even see it when Tadic made the perfect pass for him and his speed forced the Portuguese GK to make a mistake and cause a penalty. That's the king of play Gacinovic is. Also, he's pretty efficient in the box. He hits it low and hard unlike someone like Ljajic who prefers to use technique and tries to curl it in the corner (sadly, these are ineffective because you need a nice balance of strength/finesse)

Gacinovic always has a place in this NT and even Krstajic knows it. Despite their public indifferences, Gacinovic keeps getting called up to the NT and continues to play as a starter in most of the matches. There's a reason why Mourinho came to watch him last season.

The only problem with Gacinovic is that he's soft. Touch him and he is injured. It's a shame. Hope he's not the next Kacar.
And he doesn't really hold onto the ball well. Also, pray to God he doesn't make a back pass to the defense or GK. He's just not good in those situations.

We need to keep shipping more of our players out to Germany and Spain. Then, we will start playing good football.
post #286 of 293 (permalink) Old March 31st, 2019, 18:37
Star Player

Teams: Serbia and Srpska
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dule View Post
I’m still baffled that he was praising the fact he’d not played the same 11 yet and said that he wouldn’t be doing so.
He is crazy, but now with two extremely lucky draws the pressure from him is gone...

Meanwhile Nikola Maksimovic and Filip Kostic that were supposed to be injured were both playing 90 minutes today. Kostic also scored 2 goals for his team.

Last edited by voj vojo; March 31st, 2019 at 18:43.
post #287 of 293 (permalink) Old April 10th, 2019, 09:42
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zvezda, Feyenoord and Serbia!
Sup broskis. Been busy, but still reading and watching the games obviously.

Some positives from the last two, but in general the results seemed to mask our deficiencies. At least we got a goalkeeper, Lazo showed how much we missed a player like him in recent years and my boy Maksa established himself as our best holding mid right now.

It's incredible how Krstajic is able to get away with blatant lies however. He really fooled me, I used to think he was a good guy. Now Djorovic has come out and said that Gruja (who is finally playing NT worthy football and NOW isn't getting called up ) never rejected the U21's.

Back to the NT though, like many here have said, I'd like to us see play to our strengths and go a different route formation wise.

Dmitrovic
Veljkovic/Maksimovic Milenkovic Nastasic
Lazovic Maksimovic Matic/Milivojevic Kostic
Tadic
Mitrovic Jovic

We didn't have the defense for it under Muslin, but now we're getting there. Kostic has established himself as a left wingback in this formation and Lazo has the experience and discipline needed to play the same role on the right. Offensively we'd definitely score at least 2 goals a game with this line-up and although we'd conceded a fair few of goals, I think overall we'd still remain in the plus.

Obviously though we're never going to drop that lazy c*nt of a captain and Milivojevic and Nastasic are not coming back under Krstajic's reign, so this will just remain another fantasy. It's sad because we finally have a side that could do more than just qualify.
post #288 of 293 (permalink) Old April 12th, 2019, 02:23
Zeko lopove...
International

Teams: Red Star Belgrade, Spartak Moscow, Olympiakos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krle View Post

Some positives from the last two, but in general the results seemed to mask our deficiencies. At least we got a goalkeeper, Lazo showed how much we missed a player like him in recent years and my boy Maksa established himself as our best holding mid right now.

It's incredible how Krstajic is able to get away with blatant lies however. He really fooled me, I used to think he was a good guy. Now Djorovic has come out and said that Gruja (who is finally playing NT worthy football and NOW isn't getting called up ) never rejected the U21's.

Back to the NT though, like many here have said, I'd like to us see play to our strengths and go a different route formation wise.

Dmitrovic
Tadic
Mitrovic Jovic

We didn't have the defense for it under Muslin, but now we're getting there. Kostic has established himself as a left wingback in this formation and Lazo has the experience and discipline needed to play the same role on the right. Offensively we'd definitely score at least 2 goals a game with this line-up and although we'd conceded a fair few of goals, I think overall we'd still remain in the plus.

Obviously though we're never going to drop that lazy c*nt of a captain and Milivojevic and Nastasic are not coming back under Krstajic's reign, so this will just remain another fantasy. It's sad because we finally have a side that could do more than just qualify.
Yo Krlekinho! Sta ima brate... heart is still in Napoli. Hurt to see Tadic in such good form?

I'd love for us to qualify for Euro 2020, we're seeing the best from him, and if we can get this right, the combination of him, Mitrovic and Jovic will be massive if we figure out how to put it together.

I like your line up, just unsure who goes next to Maksimovic. Thinking it might be Lukic if he develops, but who knows, maybe in a year it's completely someone we didn't anticipate, maybe Grujic? I somehow see Matic slowly getting closer to retirement and Milivojevic won't feature unless something drastic happens which is a shame.

Niko ne moze da zna sta to sapuce vetar.. niko ne moze da zna sta nosi grom iz vedra neba, nevreme se sprema iznad geta pada zvezda moja zelja moja zebnja je nocas ova zemlja.
post #289 of 293 (permalink) Old April 12th, 2019, 10:58
Star Player

I doubt Grujić mara, you saw last Kokeza interview?
post #290 of 293 (permalink) Old April 12th, 2019, 18:43
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krle View Post

Dmitrovic
Tadic
Mitrovic Jovic

I agree with you Krle - we must play a formation that suits our pool of players in the best possible way. Atm I definitely think it is some sort of 3-5-2 formation. We should play our most in form players and play them at positions that they recognize from their clubs. It's just sad we don't have a coach who can recognize such things.

For example I think this line-up has it all to play well in both directions:

Jovic
Tadic
Kostic - Maksimovic - Sergej - Zivkovic
Matic
Nastasic - Maksimovic - Milenkovic
Dmitrovic

Last edited by voj vojo; April 12th, 2019 at 22:16.
post #291 of 293 (permalink) Old April 12th, 2019, 18:55
Star Player

It can't remember when we had a squad with this depth. And a lot of them are in their early twenties...

Jovic
Mitrovic
Prijovic

Tadic
Ljajic
Radonjic

Kostic - Maksimovic - Sergej - Zivkovic
Kolarov - Milivojevic - Gacinovic - Lazovic
Ristic - Grujic - Pantic - Gajic

Matic
Fejsa
Lukic

Nastasic - Maksimovic - Milenkovic
Veljkovic - Spajic - Ivanovic
Obradovic - Mitrovic - Jovanovic

Dmitrovic
Rajkovic
Stojkovic

Last edited by voj vojo; April 12th, 2019 at 19:04.
post #292 of 293 (permalink) Old April 13th, 2019, 00:07 Thread Starter
Premier Player

I would add Lukic, Luka Ilic, and Racic to that midfield list very soon. CB's look great too with excellent depth. If only we had a competent coach that could implement the proper system. There's no doubt in my mind that we could replicate Frankfurt's system. You just need everyone to buy into the system and take out the slow old farts like Kolarov and Matic from the lineup. That type of football is dead and we serve no chance if we continue with this outdated archaic system. Vlahovic is definitely making some noise in Italy. Most prolific U19 scorer in Italy. Can't wait to see what he can produce next season at the top level. He's a very calm and cool finisher similar to Jovic in that sense. Joveljic is up there as well. Think he's just lacking some confidence at the moment. I also think Markovic and Pavlovic will create a formidable partnership in the back line. I'll be the first to say it but I think Filip Stevanovic is going to be the next big thing out of Serbia. I like his mentality. Never seen a kid that's so mature at that age. He's reading books about how to get better at football. I mean this kid is something else. Don't be surprised to see him in the qualifiers despite being so young, 2002 gen. Anyhow, I'll talk more about these guys in the other thread.

I think the next U21 gen might even be better than this current one which is hard to believe. I'll make a list since qualifiers are coming up later in the summer.

The depth is incredible but to go far at tournaments, we need a few players playing at the elite level. You can't go elite in a tournament without some leadership. Usually, you develop that said leadership at a very top club where consistency and winning mentality is more important than anything. Looking forward to the transfers of Jovic, Mitrovic, Milenkovic, Kostic, Tadic and SMS the most.
Tadic would be an excellent back-up at a club like Barcelona. Think he should leave Ajax after this season since all of the good players will be gone and Ajax will be another mediocre club again. Tadic needs elite players around him to be noticeable and create space for his genius.

This team can go very far. I've said time and time again, it's really a shame there isn't a tournament this summer for the A team. We would have done some nice damage.
post #293 of 293 (permalink) Old April 13th, 2019, 02:42
Star Player

I agree we have depth but you guys really need to back down that excitement cause I have a feeling you think we have depth for some Worl Cup semi final or final

We should be good to quallify at big stage some time I can agree with that.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in