UEFA Nations League - Page 28 - Xtratime Community
 41Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #541 of 553 (permalink) Old November 23rd, 2018, 11:30
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mijat Gaćinović
"Istina je da sam neprimereno reagovao na poluvremenu na utakmici protiv Litvanije. Ne opravdavam svoje ponašanje, znam da sam pogrešio"
Fine, competition coupled with character and frustration can get the worst out of anyone. That's human nature. But these issues should be solved internally, either between four eyes or inside the group for the sake of your teammates. It's the honest way of doing it. I understand it can be hard to swallow your pride (especially for people in the Balkan-region) when you're this young and know that you've made a mistake but talking about the problem and forming an understanding is the way to go and not via the media.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mijat Gaćinović
“Nisam dao sebi za pravo tako da reagujem zato što sam osvojio nešto u karijeri, već zato što su mi smetale neke stvari, koje sam skupljao u sebi od ranije."
Sounds like he was projecting his own anger and frustrations onto the coach because of the decision to take him off or maybe even off the field issues he might have because we shouldn't forget they're just that, human. I get it, you don't want to get subbed off when starting (he's been subbed off in four games I believe) but nothing is more important than the team. There are of course individuals that have to be treated differently because they make a remarkable difference (yes, I know how this sounds but it works this way in football) but these guys can be counted on two hands and Serbia doesn't have any of them at their disposal. Even if Kolarov and Matić have a hierarchical standing which is far higher than the rest as older players.

This is another incident that could've been avoided if they just had a better understanding between them. It's the foundation for any successful relationship no matter how different people are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrix
zoric man, do you have like 5 screens in your room streaming 7 channels while simultaneously following 10 livescore websites?

p
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoRiS_ThE_BuLLetDoDgeR View Post
ZORIC!!!

Feeling depressed about Kosovo? We still have ZORIC!!!

When someone asks for the most famous Serbian exports, you answer "Slivovica, Tesla i ZORIC!!!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 553 (permalink) Old November 23rd, 2018, 14:05
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Crvena zvezda, Srbija
It would be unsurprising if the leak is the FSS itself who will then use the reason that hes lost the dressing room in sacking him and installing someone else.

Looks like its a matter of time.

Године пролазе моје,
ја чекам титуле твоје,
и сваким даном све више
волим те!
post #543 of 553 (permalink) Old November 23rd, 2018, 16:52
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dule View Post
I dont think hed do both jobs.
I dont know his details of his salary but I was under assumption Chinese paying him a money he wouldn't walk away from and fss couldn't compete with. That's why I was thinking he would have to keep both jobs

post #544 of 553 (permalink) Old November 23rd, 2018, 18:33
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dule View Post
Its a wider issue though isnt it? Krstajić holds absolutely no authority with anyone. Not even the younger players in the squad.

The players know hes not running the show or wont last long and they feel they can react how they want.
Gacinovic has had these sort of issues before as zoric pointed out. Last year, he lashed out at Kovac after getting substituted and ended up being benched for a prolonged period afterward. In this case, it's hard to fault a coach for making a necessary change to the team.
post #545 of 553 (permalink) Old November 24th, 2018, 00:56
Premier Player

Teams: Serbia, Uruguay, Ivory Coast, Trinidad / Tobago
I think Krstajic's days are numbered and i am not sad about this. he has no charism of a good coach.

Besides, what do you guys think about the conspiracy think that is coming up now?

nastasic, milivojevic and gacinovic are all at LIAN sports and now there is a talking about a mutiny against krstajic initiated from this players agency.

Without Responsibility, it is difficult to exist.
post #546 of 553 (permalink) Old November 24th, 2018, 01:28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibraldo View Post
I think Krstajic's days are numbered and i am not sad about this. he has no charism of a good coach.

Besides, what do you guys think about the conspiracy think that is coming up now?

nastasic, milivojevic and gacinovic are all at LIAN sports and now there is a talking about a mutiny against krstajic initiated from this players agency.
Isnt some Serbian agent from Belgium suppose to be spilling the beans about all that's going on in Serbia?
post #547 of 553 (permalink) Old November 24th, 2018, 04:53
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoric View Post
Fine, competition coupled with character and frustration can get the worst out of anyone. That's human nature. But these issues should be solved internally, either between four eyes or inside the group for the sake of your teammates. It's the honest way of doing it. I understand it can be hard to swallow your pride (especially for people in the Balkan-region) when you're this young and know that you've made a mistake but talking about the problem and forming an understanding is the way to go and not via the media.

Sounds like he was projecting his own anger and frustrations onto the coach because of the decision to take him off or maybe even off the field issues he might have because we shouldn't forget they're just that, human. I get it, you don't want to get subbed off when starting (he's been subbed off in four games I believe) but nothing is more important than the team. There are of course individuals that have to be treated differently because they make a remarkable difference (yes, I know how this sounds but it works this way in football) but these guys can be counted on two hands and Serbia doesn't have any of them at their disposal. Even if Kolarov and Matić have a hierarchical standing which is far higher than the rest as older players.

This is another incident that could've been avoided if they just had a better understanding between them. It's the foundation for any successful relationship no matter how different people are.

That's the problem though. Krstajic created animosity within these players because he never addressed the reasons why he kept some of these guys off the roster. Gacinovic definitely should have been included at the WC and we could have really used him against teams like Switzerland and Brazil that had really fast small players. Gacinovic is our best ball winner from our attacking players and it's not even close. Then he randomly calls him up and probably has never had a complete conversation with the guy.
I highly doubt it was Krstajic's decision to put him in the starting lineup anyways. He's just a puppet which is why they brought in a team strategist to help him make lineup changes
I mean this guy was literally asking players which substitutions he should make.

Which brings me to the point. This team severely lacks player leadership. Kolarov is the type of person that just says "grow up, be a man"
He doesn't know how to give advice nor does he represent a leadership role on the pitch. He knows how to yell and complain but not offer solutions. His comments to the media have also been historically bad such as the "Montenegrin" ones... as a 33 year old man.

We forget that Gacinovic is just a kid. He's a very passionate person, and he plays like that on the pitch. He will learn from this and grow just like Mitrovic did. There are multiple ways to look at this. While he was most definitely in the wrong, I can understand his frustrations.
BUT...By complaining about coming off at halftime, you're practically saying that your teammates are a$$. This won't be a good outlook for him going forward in the locker room or
Especially since he followed up with "I wish I was the only problem in the team"
There's just no reason for this and clearly his agents are pushing this. LIAN Sports is a HUGE agency for our footballers. They usually pick up some of the best young guys. They definitely have a lot of control over the NT and we all know how easily influenced our FA is by money. Which is the only reason I could see Krstajic losing his job. Otherwise, our FA would love to keep him around because they probably pay him pennies for the head coaching position while pocketing the rest.
Saying all this, Gacinovic should feel fortunate that he is starting in the first place, we have a lot of talented players, and he's not even a standard player for his club at times. He really needs to learn from his dad and to become more thankful in life.

Also, Kolarov has no room to talk. Gacinovic has won more NT prestigious tourneys than Kolarov can ever dream of. So, he looks like an idiot off the bat. Second, he spent the prime of his career on the bench. Not really one to speak and he's clearly not a good leader if that's how he handles a situation like this.
Clearly, Kolarov is looking for a career in the Serbian FA after his football career. He even got Bane kicked off the NT. A guy who has historically always been better than him in every regard.

A future captain I am looking forward to is Milenkovic. He's an incredibly hard working young guy with a good head on his shoulders. I love his comment about this whole drama, and I love his leadership during the game. As long as he can stay healthy, wherever he goes, he will be a fan favorite like Vidic was.

Last, no chance in hell we get Piksi. The guy already clearly stated that his priority is his club football in China and that he is a man of his word when he signs a contract. So, there's that. Drulovic told the media that this is a horrible time to change coaches because of the NL success (even though I disagree that it's a success to win such a weak group). I highly doubt Jokanovic wants to deal with these corrupt bastards after a failure in the EPL, and he's highly rated elsewhere around Europe with potential to grow.
post #548 of 553 (permalink) Old November 24th, 2018, 07:39
Premier Player

Teams: Serbia, Uruguay, Ivory Coast, Trinidad / Tobago
i think krstajic lacks what is most important in leadership today and this is communication skills. you could see that also off the field after his the hague comparison. you simply don't do that as a coach, you don't articulate such thoughts.

in regard of that, the one who convinces me most is paunovic. he as also comes with a cosmopolitan attitude and is a bug communicator and he uses modern technology to rate players and their performances from what i saw on youtube about NZ 2015.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G935F mit Tapatalk

Without Responsibility, it is difficult to exist.
post #549 of 553 (permalink) Old November 24th, 2018, 09:52
Xtratime Legend

Marko Pantelic new Vice President of the FSS...probably means theres changes coming.

Године пролазе моје,
ја чекам титуле твоје,
и сваким даном све више
волим те!
post #550 of 553 (permalink) Old November 24th, 2018, 09:57
Xtratime Legend

But yes completely agree about the communication issue.

A big part of being a manager is communicating what you want your players to do, explain if youre not playing someone etc.

His problems with Nastasic for example stem from him not letting him know anything about not taking him to the World Cup.

Године пролазе моје,
ја чекам титуле твоје,
и сваким даном све више
волим те!
post #551 of 553 (permalink) Old January 4th, 2019, 10:34
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Stickied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrix
zoric man, do you have like 5 screens in your room streaming 7 channels while simultaneously following 10 livescore websites?

p
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoRiS_ThE_BuLLetDoDgeR View Post
ZORIC!!!

Feeling depressed about Kosovo? We still have ZORIC!!!

When someone asks for the most famous Serbian exports, you answer "Slivovica, Tesla i ZORIC!!!"
post #552 of 553 (permalink) Old January 4th, 2019, 17:25
We will ROCK u
International

Teams: concacaf teams , Portugal
Twitter

I cant wait to see adams play for leizpig. I like him. I think hes going to be an important player for the US.

Twitter

I believe
post #553 of 553 (permalink) Old January 4th, 2019, 20:50
Zeko lopove...
International

Teams: Red Star Belgrade, Spartak Moscow, Olympiakos
Right?

And thanks Zoric.

Niko ne moze da zna sta to sapuce vetar.. niko ne moze da zna sta nosi grom iz vedra neba, nevreme se sprema iznad geta pada zvezda moja zelja moja zebnja je nocas ova zemlja.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in