ја чекам титуле твоје,
и сваким даном све више
волим те!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2542 of 3378 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2018, 00:00
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Crvena zvezda, Srbija
The squad will be announced tomorrow at 14:00 CET at a petrol station in Novi Beograd for some reason...

Године пролазе моје,
ја чекам титуле твоје,
и сваким даном све више
волим те!
post #2543 of 3378 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2018, 03:10
Star Player

Teams: Serbian NT

Apperantly that petrol station is sponsor for the team but still don't get it

post #2544 of 3378 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2018, 13:20
Rising Star

golmani: Stojković, Rajković, Jovanović, Dmitrović

odbrana: Kolarov, Rukavina, Rodić, Ivanović, Spajić, Veljković, Duško Tošić, Nastasić, Milenković

vezni red: Matić, Milivojević, Grujić, Nemanja Maksimović, Tadić, Živković, Gaćinović, Kostić, Radonjić, Milinković-Savić, Ljajić

napad: Mitrović, Prijović, Jović

Not bad, but interesting that there is no second right back. Will Ivanović return to play there or is he plannig with Gaćinović as an alternative for Rukavina?
post #2545 of 3378 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2018, 13:32
Star Player

Teams: Serbia and Srpska
I am satisfied with the squad. We are not used that almost all of our best players are gathered. As I expressed before I only disagree with three names - I think Obradovic, Basta and Fejsa should have been there over Rodic, Spajic and Grujic.

I watched the press conference live. Krstajic is quite arrogant. The journalists are asking stupid questions - for example nothing about Fejsa or contacts with Subotic.
post #2546 of 3378 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2018, 13:44
Rising Star

Nice squad.

Rodic>Obradovic
Milenkovic>Basta

Not sure about Grujic but globally i agree with Krstajic.

Mitrovic
Kostic(Ljajic) Ljajic(SMS) Tadic
Matic Milivojevic
Kolarov Tosic Ivanovic Rukavina
Stojkovic

We'll play like this i think, maybe Milenkovic instead of Rukavina versus Brazil and let's see how SMS will integrate into the team.

Last edited by REDHEARTSEVER; May 24th, 2018 at 14:16.
post #2547 of 3378 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2018, 14:44
Star Player

They will decide in two days (May 26) whether Nastasic will be ready.

Surprised Spajic made it. I remember reading not too long ago that he had a bad injury and would be missing the World Cup. I don't expect him to make the final squad though.

I thought Basta would get a spot but he did not have a good year at Lazio and isn't a part of our future. It looks like Milenkovic or Ivanovic will be the backup option at RB.

My biggest and only real disappointment is Grujic ahead of Lukic. Switch those two and you have a perfect squad.
post #2548 of 3378 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2018, 17:31
Zeko lopove...
International

Teams: Red Star Belgrade, Spartak Moscow, Olympiakos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marko3 View Post
They will decide in two days (May 26) whether Nastasic will be ready.

Surprised Spajic made it. I remember reading not too long ago that he had a bad injury and would be missing the World Cup. I don't expect him to make the final squad though.

I thought Basta would get a spot but he did not have a good year at Lazio and isn't a part of our future. It looks like Milenkovic or Ivanovic will be the backup option at RB.

My biggest and only real disappointment is Grujic ahead of Lukic. Switch those two and you have a perfect squad.
Fully agreed Marko! Grujic is the only real disappointment as from Zoric and everyone else Lukic has been on a really good level. I haven't seen any of the Cardiff or Levante games so I can't really say but from the sounds of it, it seems like Grujic is being viewed as the future and he is also being pushed a bit. I wonder how much of his call up also has to do with the fact that his time at Liverpool has yet to materialize and maybe his inclusion is to drive his value up before being sold. Either way, both Grujic and Lukic are back ups at this World Cup so it's not a detrimental non call-up.

Outside of this I agree with you that we pretty much have the best squad we can call up. Basta has not featured in the last couple of months for Lazio and he has proven his inability given his age to play in a back four. He is not pacey enough on one on one situations but he is very good as a right wing back in a 3-5-2 system. Thus, even though I like Basta I'm fine with us looking at the future.

Even though Krstajic might be a bit arrogant, what I like about his selection is that it's a bit refreshing. He could have easily taken the "Old Boys" to this World Cup as back ups but instead he has called up the likes of Milenkovic, Rajkovic, Veljkovic, Zivkovic, Radonjic, Milinkovic-Savic, Gacinovic, Maksimovic and Jovic in his initial 27. These are all names for the future and players that will mark our national team for the next decade, and this experience will only bode well. I also like the inclusion of Milan Rodic who through his form has earned his call-up. Krstajic could have easily opted for someone like Jagos Vukovic or Ivan Obradovic. Like you said, outside of possibly Grujic, this is our best squad in current form.

That said, the 27 names called up are -

Goalkeepers: Vladimir Stojkovic (Partizan), Predrag Rajkovic (Maccabi Tel Aviv), Marko Dmitrovic (Eibar) and Aleksandar Jovanovic (Aarhus).

Defenders: Branislav Ivanovic (Zenit St. Petersburg), Aleksandar Kolarov (AS Roma), Antonio Rukavina (Villareal), Dusko Tosic (Gvangzhou RF), Milos Veljkovic (Werder Bremen), Uros Spajic (Krasnodar), Nikola Milenkovic (Fiorentina), Milan Rodic (Red Star Belgrade) and Matija Nastasic (Schalke 04).

Midfielders: Nemanja Matic (Manchester United), Luka Milivojevic (Crystal Palace), Sergej Milinkovic-Savic (SS Lazio), Adem Ljajic (Torino), Mijat Gacinovic (Einchart Frankfurt), Marko Grujic (Cardiff City), Nemanja Maksimovic (Valencia), Dusan Tadic (Southampton), Filip Kostic (Hamburg SV), Andrija Zivkovic (SL Benfica), Nemanja Radonjic (Red Star Belgrade).

Strikers: Aleksandar Mitrovic (Fulham), Aleksandar Prijovic (PAOK), Luka Jovic (Einchart Frankfurt).

For me, the players that get cut are Jovanovic (Aarhus), Spajic (Krasnodar), Grujic (Cardiff) and Maksimovic (Valencia). However, given what I've said above about Grujic being forced a bit, I have a feeling that one of Rodic/Milenkovic/Veljkovic will be cut instead of Grujic.

Either way, you can't really argue with the names called up and I applaud at the professionalism Krstajic has brought to the setup for now.

Niko ne moze da zna sta to sapuce vetar.. niko ne moze da zna sta nosi grom iz vedra neba, nevreme se sprema iznad geta pada zvezda moja zelja moja zebnja je nocas ova zemlja.
post #2549 of 3378 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2018, 17:36
Zeko lopove...
International

Also, I got the official FIFA mail notification with the tracking number today that my tickets are in the mail and I should be receiving them next week. Anyone else going? Received your tickets yet?

FIFA has really played with the hearts of people as many people have yet to get their tickets and the World Cup is less than a month away.

Niko ne moze da zna sta to sapuce vetar.. niko ne moze da zna sta nosi grom iz vedra neba, nevreme se sprema iznad geta pada zvezda moja zelja moja zebnja je nocas ova zemlja.
post #2550 of 3378 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2018, 18:06
Star Player

Teams: Crvena Zvezda, Srbija, Roma, Messi, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by marakana11 View Post
Fully agreed Marko! Grujic is the only real disappointment as from Zoric and everyone else Lukic has been on a really good level. I haven't seen any of the Cardiff or Levante games so I can't really say but from the sounds of it, it seems like Grujic is being viewed as the future and he is also being pushed a bit. I wonder how much of his call up also has to do with the fact that his time at Liverpool has yet to materialize and maybe his inclusion is to drive his value up before being sold. Either way, both Grujic and Lukic are back ups at this World Cup so it's not a detrimental non call-up.
I'd agree that they're both back-ups, but it still leaves a sour taste in my mouth that Grujic is picked ahead of Lukic. Grujic has done nothing to earn a spot over Lukic. Grujic is a year older than Lukic, so he certainly isn't the future compared to Sasa, and he rots on the bench in the Championship, whereas Sasa starts for a mid-table La Liga team. In the end, though, it doesn't really matter as neither would have received much playing time, as you said.

Царство Божие внутри вас
post #2551 of 3378 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2018, 18:33
Xtratime Legend

A good squad and although there's a few players that I'd question such as Grujic, it's pretty much the best we've got and any changes that could be made wouldn't make huge changes.

I like the fact that there's youth there, few will get too many minutes but this is what Petkovic should have done in 2006 but didn't.

I can't see both Grujic and Maksimovic being cut, especially if we're going to continue with a 4-2-3-1. Who steps in if Matic and/or Milivojevic get injured or suspended?

Doubt we take that many defenders.

Jovanovic will be cut most likely but then I'd suggest 2 defenders (one of them Nastasic if he's not fit, which seems likely), and then potentially a wide player but I'm not sure who.

Године пролазе моје,
ја чекам титуле твоје,
и сваким даном све више
волим те!
post #2552 of 3378 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2018, 19:19
Star Player

The final squad has to be submitted by June 4, so before our first friendly.

Tough to discuss the cuts without knowing Nastasic's status. Assuming the best case - he's ready, my choices would be relatively straightforward:

Jovanovic, Spajic, Grujic, Radonjic

Really hope Krstajic goes with Maksimovic over Grujic but I'm afraid it will be the opposite.

Radonjic seems like a prime candidate to be cut. The rest of our attacking and wide midfielders are pretty settled.
post #2553 of 3378 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2018, 19:34
Xtratime Legend

I get the feeling that Radonjic might go. I think it's soon for him but I get the feeling he might, most in Serbia (based on twitter anyway) seem to think he won't be cut.

Plenty seem to think Jovic will but Zoric suggested there's a 3 striker minimum? But I've not able to find that anywhere.

From the squad we've got I'd be pretty certain of our starting 11 injuries pending:

Stojkovic
Rukavina Ivanovic Nastasic (Tosic) Kolarov
Milivojevic Matic
Tadic SMS ?
Mitrovic

Only question mark for me is that other wide spot. Kostic is probably favourite but I wouldn't be surprised if it's Ljajic who starts out there.

Године пролазе моје,
ја чекам титуле твоје,
и сваким даном све више
волим те!
post #2554 of 3378 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2018, 22:54
Zeko lopove...
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dule View Post
I get the feeling that Radonjic might go. I think it's soon for him but I get the feeling he might, most in Serbia (based on twitter anyway) seem to think he won't be cut.

Plenty seem to think Jovic will but Zoric suggested there's a 3 striker minimum? But I've not able to find that anywhere.

From the squad we've got I'd be pretty certain of our starting 11 injuries pending:

Stojkovic
Rukavina Ivanovic Nastasic (Tosic) Kolarov
Milivojevic Matic
Tadic SMS ?
Mitrovic

Only question mark for me is that other wide spot. Kostic is probably favourite but I wouldn't be surprised if it's Ljajic who starts out there.
Ljajic has been the creative linchpin since Krstajic took over. It will be interesting to see who makes space for SMS. I would have to think Kostic.

post #2555 of 3378 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2018, 23:08
Zeko lopove...
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffBurton View Post
I'd agree that they're both back-ups, but it still leaves a sour taste in my mouth that Grujic is picked ahead of Lukic. Grujic has done nothing to earn a spot over Lukic. Grujic is a year older than Lukic, so he certainly isn't the future compared to Sasa, and he rots on the bench in the Championship, whereas Sasa starts for a mid-table La Liga team. In the end, though, it doesn't really matter as neither would have received much playing time, as you said.
It's Serbia mate, to be expected. I'm so negative that I'm thinking this might be one of our least corrupt selections in a very long time.

And Dule, you're probably right, both Maksa and Grujic are unlikely to be cut together. Something has to give way, and I fear because Dusko Tosic can play left back, that it might be Rodic who gets the chop. I hope I'm wrong though.

post #2556 of 3378 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2018, 23:46
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

I'd be concerned about right-back if I was Krstajić.

None of the options are good and the fact that we don't have any back-up's (Milenković is a CB) makes it even more problematic. I wonder if he's thinking of Gaćinović in that position in case Rukavina gets suspended/injured. Bane clearly can't play at fullback. It's very likely that Serbia will have plenty of issues in this department.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrix
zoric man, do you have like 5 screens in your room streaming 7 channels while simultaneously following 10 livescore websites?

p
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoRiS_ThE_BuLLetDoDgeR View Post
ZORIC!!!

Feeling depressed about Kosovo? We still have ZORIC!!!

When someone asks for the most famous Serbian exports, you answer "Slivovica, Tesla i ZORIC!!!"
post #2557 of 3378 (permalink) Old May 25th, 2018, 01:34
Ne oprastam
Legend

Teams: Serbia,Red Star
Very good squad. The only things I would change it Grujic for Gudelj or Lukic and Spajic for Maksimovic. Otherwise it really is the best that we have to offer.

Props to Krstajic for calling up players who are in form and not being afraid to shake it up where its necessary. Rodic and Milenkovic are miles better than Obradovic and Basta. The Nastasic injury is a big concern though, god forbid he can't go and Spajic has to travel to Russia. I think Veljkovic and Milenkovic can do the job if called upon but I'm not sure if they're ready for a stage like this just yet.

At the end of the day I am cautiously optimistic, we have the talent to make some noise but with us anything can happen as always.

Ој Крајино ноћас си далеко, ал знај добро на те мисли неко!
post #2558 of 3378 (permalink) Old May 25th, 2018, 04:11
Rising Star

Teams: Serbia
During the time in Fiorentina, Nikola plays RB often. I would take a risk to include him as a backup of Rukavina, even cut Rukavina for Nikola as starter. Veljkovic can also play DMC, I though he said he prefer play DMC than CB in an interview. Since only three games we can play, I would give more chance to attack players. Could anyone tell me why NT didn't call miralem sulejmani, he got an excellent season and we also need to face switzerland in the group ? Just too many choice on his position?

www.srbijakinu.cn
Let Every Chinese Know The Beautiful Country.
post #2559 of 3378 (permalink) Old May 25th, 2018, 12:41
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by gubijic View Post
During the time in Fiorentina, Nikola plays RB often. I would take a risk to include him as a backup of Rukavina, even cut Rukavina for Nikola as starter.
Hate to break the news to you but Milenković is a CB that plays at RB because Fiorentina don't have any better options there. If you put him there against Neymar in case Rukavina is injured, you'll end up with another blow out against a South American side, especially the way Serbia defend these days. Plus the other teams will target that side constantly and our attacking game will suffer as a consequence of his inability to attack because the opponent will know that Serbia only attacks through Kolarov's flank once there's a chance to mount attacks down the wings.

He doesn't add anything in terms of attacking presence. Aspiring for things without proper fullbacks in modern football is impossible. They're very important. Ruki isn't a good option to start with but at least he has some sort of attacking presence.

We don't have many options there but I find it really surprising considering how we lost Ivica Dragutinović in 2006 and Krstajić of all people had to replace him at left-back against Argentina.

Quote:
zoric man, do you have like 5 screens in your room streaming 7 channels while simultaneously following 10 livescore websites?

p
Quote:
ZORIC!!!

When someone asks for the most famous Serbian exports, you answer "Slivovica, Tesla i ZORIC!!!"
post #2560 of 3378 (permalink) Old May 25th, 2018, 13:00
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Btw, here's the statistic I was talking about regarding Dmitrović a while back. He simply doesn't make enough saves to be decisive and he's been surrounded by a good football idea.

Quote:

p
Quote:
ZORIC!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in