OT - Everything Basketball - Page 172 - Xtratime Community
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #3421 of 3430 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 2019, 22:44
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sippypowder View Post
Jokic selected all NBA first team . I'm wondering when was the last time a 24 year old white player earned those honors. First Serbian player to win the award .
Which automatically makes him an mvp candidate and most likely the winner.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3422 of 3430 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2019, 09:08
Premier Player

Dirk, I believe. Probably the only two in the last 2 decades.

He's really on pace to having a career like Larry Bird. Just has to be more aggressive in scoring and he'll get that MVP as well. Needs to play like he played in the playoffs. His triple doubles are effortless. I really think he can average 25/12/9 next season. That's got to be instant MVP honors if Denver finishes top 2 again. I still can't understand how he's so damn good at basketball. It's like he operates on a different level of belief than the rest of us. He feels 0 pressure whenever he plays.
post #3423 of 3430 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2019, 12:06
Premier Player

Jokic just confirmed he's playing for the NT.

This means we are going to the world cup with the strongest squad since the last time we won the tournament with Vlade and Peja. I really can't wait for this tournament. You can tell how hungry the majority of our players are to win the whole thing. If we do meet USA in the finals, it's going to be a match to remember.

post #3424 of 3430 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2019, 17:36
Star Player

Wow I had a bad feeling he would just go to the olympics . I think Dirk made first team NBA at age of 26 .
post #3425 of 3430 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2019, 23:14
Star Player

Teams: Serbia and Srpska
Wow, huge basketball news this day. Marjanovic also confirmed he will be there. Mario Nakic choosed to represent Serbia.

If we only can keep the same team chemistry we had at these tournaments when all of our star players weren't gathered, I think we have a good chance to reach the final. And in that case, with our "srpski inat" we should hope for the impossible in the final.

The hardest question is how to pick the last twelve if everyone is fit and available?

Perhaps:

Teodosic - Micic - Jovic
Bogdanovic - Nedovic
Lucic - Kalinic
Bjelica - Macvan
Jokic - Marjanovic - Milutinov

With Milosavljevic, Guduric, Simonovic and Raduljica as first reserves.

Last edited by voj vojo; May 25th, 2019 at 07:28.
post #3426 of 3430 (permalink) Old May 25th, 2019, 10:25
Premier Player

Mario Nakic isn't projecting to be some special NBA talent. He's got 0 athleticism. Can barely dunk despite being 18 years old nor is he an elite shooter. His first step is slow. His lateral movement is poor. He's only dominating at this stage because of superior fundamentals, strength and excellent use of his body (wouldn't work against more athletic players).

If you want to look at some Serbian forwards that are projecting to be elite NBA talents then look at Dalibor Ilic who is the white Giannis and can actually somewhat shoot. He's got elite athleticism. Monster presence in the post. Excellent work ethic.
Djordje Pazin might be my favorite youth player from Serbia. He needs to bulk up a bit and be better with his shot selection but he might be the best shooter since Peja Stojakovic. Curry-esque. Incredible talent. He's somewhat of a mix between JJ Reddic and Steph Curry-lite playing wise.
Possibly the most talented player in Serbia right now is Nikola Radovanovic from the 2003 generation. He's got all the tools to be a top NBA player like a Peja Stojakovic but with athleticism and better handling skills. Could improve on his release time.

For PF's I like Petrusev, Smailagic, and Pokusevski (another massive talented projected to go top 10 in the NBA draft next year).

Mario Nakic will probably take a similar path like Dario Saric. Over-hyped. Goes back to Europe for a few years. Comes back to the NBA as an average role player.

Also, no way you can leave Guduric off the roster. He's been immense this season until the very last match. Also, Teodosic and Marjanovic are unplayable against America if we make it to the finals. Pop knows the weakness of Marjanovic and we saw Teo get exposed in the NBA.
post #3427 of 3430 (permalink) Old June 7th, 2019, 15:47
Legend

KSS went back to navy blue shirts for the national team. The consensus is it looks like a training shirt as its extremely dull.
post #3428 of 3430 (permalink) Old June 8th, 2019, 10:58
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Crvena zvezda, Srbija
Definitely need the basketball team to get started...this football shit is depressing.

The preliminary squad was announced yesterday:

Point guards:

Miloš Teodosić, Vasa Micić, Stefan Jović, Stefan Pot, Ilija Djoković

Shooting guards:

Nemanja Nedović, Bogdan Bogdanović, Marko Gudurić, Branko Lazić, Dragan Milosavljević, Aleksa Avramović, Dejan Todorović, Vanja Marinković, Ognjen Jaramaz

Small forwards:

Vladimir Lučić, Nemanja Dangubić, Marko Simonović, Ognjen Dobrić, Nikola Kalinić, Rade Zagorac

Power forwards:

Nemanja Bjelica, Milan Mačvan, Stefan Birčević, Stevan Jelovac, Nikola Mišković, Boriša Simanić

Centres:

Nikola Jokić, Miroslav Raduljica, Nikola Milutinov, Boban Marjanović, Ognjen Kuzmić, Dejan Kravić, Nikola Jovanović, Dragan Apić

Some players there as a thank you for playing qualifiers, some of them there as you cheers who will be relied on in the future but I think there’s maybe 16-18 that will go to the training camp and in my mind there’s probably 9/10 players that are cemented with a few players fighting for certain spots.

No questions marks on the point guards if all all are fit. Teo hasn’t played a lot in the last year but it’s Teo and he’ll the chance to get some form through the training camp.

Micić is now amongst the best point guards in Europe. Lead Anadolu Efes to the Final 4 and a runner up spot. Has developed so much and finally fulfilling potential.

Jović has had injury problems but is one of our best defensive guards, is much more a classic point guard and will bring something different to the others.

Shooting guards:

Bogdan coming off a good season with the Kings for the most part. He’s a definite on the team sheet and will be one of the leaders in the squad.

Here’s why I have a dilemma and I think Sale will too. It will also depend on the number of bigs we take but we’ve got Gudurić, Milosavljević and Nedović for either 1 or 2 spots.

Nedović has had a bad a season, with both form and injuries but he’s a favourite of Sale’s. He can also change up the tempo, can get to the basket more than any other guard we have and can score in bunches.

Gudurić with a great shooting season for Fener and has significantly improved his defence under Obradović. Personally I’d take him as he’s maybe even the best pure shooter we have and also has balls of steel when it comes to the nitty gritty. Clutch player who deserves a shot to shine now.

Milosavljević is the least talented and is unlikely to shine in a limited role but is the best defensively out of the three. He’s also showed up for almost all the qualifiers.

Small forwards:

Kalina has had some issues this season. He’s not endeared himself to fans with some of his comments nor with him being caught in a lewd act online...But he’s great defensively, can cover the 4 and can make big shots when he has to. Does a bit of everything and is basically this team’s glue guy. A big game player as well even if he isn’t the most talented.

Vladimir Lučić is a player that most people like and it’s a shame that injuries have restricted his NT career. He was a star player for us in 2017 and again is a good two way player than can drop down and cover the 4 as well.

For me these two are nailed on but the other with a chance is probably Marko Simonović. Better shooter than both, happier being the 12th man and having limited minutes. I think it’s unlikely he goes if the former two are fit and healthy.

Beli at the 4 is nailed on and I expect he’ll play 25-30 minutes a game. Will be good to see him back in the fold at a major tournament. He hasn’t played since 2015 because of injuries and the change in calendar. Would love to see him and Jokić in pick and roll situations, will be a nightmare for most sides. He’s also improved his shooting a fair bit since moving to the NBA so he’ll be able to spread the floor more than he probably used to.

I’m not sure we’ll go with a second power forward. Milan Mačvan is the obvious choice who had a great Olympics in 2016 but he’s coming out of a serious injury and has said that he’s unlikely to be ready.

The other options are the likes of Jelovac and Birčević but I don’t think they’re the necessary quality we need. If we do go with a traditional power forward then I’d like to see this be Boriša Simanić. He’s developed well with Milan Tomić this season and has become much more aggressive in his play. He’s a future leader of the NT and the experience would do him good. I think I’d rather take an extra guard though.

At centre it’s 3 from 4.

Jokić is a no brainer. Amazing season and he’s finally had that feeling of playing in meaningful games. Really led the Nuggets side and at times felt like he was carrying them himself. Will be interesting whether he has the same role under Sale or whether he fits in more in with the others. The hierarchy in our squad in 2014 was Teo, Beli & then Bogdan. Similarly in Rio it was Teo and Bogdan but how do you not change things when you’ve got officially the best centre in the NBA this season in your team?

Bobi has also confirmed and was on Ivan Ivanović last night. He’s come off quite a good end of season and really seems to found a place in the 76ers who know what to and what not to do with him. For me he’s a no brainer, in a 10 minute burst he can absolutely destroy teams whilst much less of a defensive liability under FIBA rules. With the point guards we have and other creative players then I expect he’ll score quickly and really hurt teams.

Nikola Milutinov has developed into one of if not the best centre in Euroleague. I wouldn’t be surprised if he makes the move to the NBA this summer (Spurs hold his rights). Best defensive centre, very good pick n roll and very athletic.

For me those 3 travel to China but Raduljica is another favourite of Sale’s and has always turned up. He’s usually been able to raise his level but playing in China he really looked crap in the February qualifiers. He’s also much less compatible than Milutinov with the other two.

So for me:

Teodosić, Micić, Jović
Bogdanović, Nedović, Gudurić
Kalinić, Lučić
Bjelica
Jokić, Marjanović, Milutinov

Године пролазе моје,
ја чекам титуле твоје,
и сваким даном све више
волим те!
Legend

Nikola Jokic 4th overall in the 2019 NBA MVP voting with 212 points... Giannis voted MVP with Harden 2nd and Paul George 3rd

I would figure this is the highest finish by an ex-Yu basketballer in NBA MVP voting

Capello beamed: "From Savicevic you came to expect these unthinkable plays of brilliance, because from the position he was in most players would have just taken the ball in stride and gone a little further with it, instead he went for this spectacular attempt which has gone down in history and is shown over and over again. It was simply.... Una cosa da Savicevic [the way of Savicevic]."
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dule View Post
So for me:

Teodosić, Micić, Jović
Bogdanović, Nedović, Gudurić
Kalinić, Lučić
Bjelica
Jokić, Marjanović, Milutinov
you probably need another power forward option over a 6th guard on your 12 man team

Capello beamed: "From Savicevic you came to expect these unthinkable plays of brilliance, because from the position he was in most players would have just taken the ball in stride and gone a little further with it, instead he went for this spectacular attempt which has gone down in history and is shown over and over again. It was simply.... Una cosa da Savicevic [the way of Savicevic]."

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in