OT - Everything Basketball - Page 171 - Xtratime Community
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #3401 of 3428 (permalink) Old March 16th, 2019, 18:29
Star Player

The draw for the 2019 FIBA World Cup was made.

We're in Group D with Italy, Philippines, and Angola.

The top two from our group advance and join the top two from Group C (Spain, Puerto Rico, Iran, Tunisia) in the second round. The top two from the second round advance to the quarters to likely play either Argentina, Russia, Venezuela, Poland or hosts China.

Not too bad overall. Assuming the US tops their second round group, we can avoid them until the final if we can win our second round group as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3402 of 3428 (permalink) Old April 10th, 2019, 17:07
Legend

Vlade Divac has been elected to the basketball hall of fame.
post #3403 of 3428 (permalink) Old April 10th, 2019, 21:16
Star Player

Interesting night in NBA with the seedings still up in the air. If Portland wins I believe jokic would avoid both the rockets and warriors until the western conference finals

post #3404 of 3428 (permalink) Old April 14th, 2019, 14:10
Star Player

Popovic did the smart thing last night double teamed jokic made the others try and beat them. Jokic had 14 assists could've had 20 if teammates made their shots. Became 4th player in history to have a triple double in his first NBA playoff game .
post #3405 of 3428 (permalink) Old April 26th, 2019, 03:54
Star Player

Jokic having a historically great first playoff series too bad his teammates let him down on to game 7, great series
post #3406 of 3428 (permalink) Old April 28th, 2019, 16:39
Star Player

Jokic potentially could have another big series with nurkic and kanter both out. The nuggets might struggle though against lilliard and McCollum .nuggets bad at guarding quick point guards
post #3407 of 3428 (permalink) Old April 29th, 2019, 00:27
Premier Player

23/12/9

This guy is unreal. Best ex-yugo basketball player ever. He's even putting on a better show than Giannis right now. Best player from Europe in this current form. He's unstoppable.

43 points is tied for the most by any eastern european player in the NBA. Bravo to Jokic.

7 players declaring for NBA draft this summer. A few more prospects going to NCAA like Lazar Zivanovic and Balsa going to Florida State. 2000/2001 generation is very strong and stacked. We have a good roster for the U19 WC as well this summer. Should be able to win it even with USA playing. Could easily have 10 NBA players in the 2020/2021 season
post #3408 of 3428 (permalink) Old April 29th, 2019, 18:27
Star Player

Only thing I'm worried about with jokic is down the line he has same body type as cousins as he gets older he might get more injury prone. But as of now he actually plays good with extra weight. Popovic made a comment that he hopes jokic doesnt mess things up by going to the gym and workout he thinks that would be a mistake .
post #3409 of 3428 (permalink) Old April 30th, 2019, 07:35
Premier Player

Nah you don't have to be worried. Cousins plays above the rim. He also does a lot of eurosteps for a big guy which is very dangerous on the ankles with that much weight on one leg.
Jokic never leaves the ground and his fundamentals would put a smile on Jokic's face. Jokic is ridiculously fluid. Only injury would be a fluke one or facetious fouls like they tried today by hitting him in the face.

Another monster game tonight by Jokic

37/9/6/3/2

This guy is quite literally the best Serbian athlete after Djokovic in the history of our sport. He is truly spectacular. I still can't comprehend how goofy and blubbery this guy is yet drops a 30+ triple double on any center in the league. Really wish he wins a lot of MVP's and championships. He deserves it all.
post #3410 of 3428 (permalink) Old April 30th, 2019, 19:37
Star Player

Blazers lucky kanter is available to them or else this could've been a sweep
post #3411 of 3428 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2019, 06:54
Star Player

I'm watching these assholes play a 4th overtime
post #3412 of 3428 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2019, 14:19
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Haha, it was an awesome game. I woke up thinking I'd missed it and ended up seeing four OT's..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrix
zoric man, do you have like 5 screens in your room streaming 7 channels while simultaneously following 10 livescore websites?

p
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoRiS_ThE_BuLLetDoDgeR View Post
ZORIC!!!

Feeling depressed about Kosovo? We still have ZORIC!!!

When someone asks for the most famous Serbian exports, you answer "Slivovica, Tesla i ZORIC!!!"
post #3413 of 3428 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2019, 03:31
Star Player

Jokic with 4th triple double in his playoff debut most in a playoff debut since magic Johnson . It took magic 4 rounds of playoffs to get it done
post #3414 of 3428 (permalink) Old May 7th, 2019, 23:19
Zeko lopove...
International

Teams: Red Star Belgrade, Spartak Moscow, Olympiakos
Jokic is such a funny player. He's so unorthodox but it just works. Hopefully his health continues to serve him. It's great to see another NBA star from Serbia since Pedja, and a dedicated one at that. I didn't think they would get past San Antonio. Keep proving me wrong Nikola!

Niko ne moze da zna sta to sapuce vetar.. niko ne moze da zna sta nosi grom iz vedra neba, nevreme se sprema iznad geta pada zvezda moja zelja moja zebnja je nocas ova zemlja.
post #3415 of 3428 (permalink) Old May 8th, 2019, 18:27
Star Player

That spurs team was pretty good, spurs could've probably knocked out over half the teams in western conference playoffs . I think they are better then the blazers
post #3416 of 3428 (permalink) Old May 9th, 2019, 23:49
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrpskiInat View Post
Nah you don't have to be worried. Cousins plays above the rim. He also does a lot of eurosteps for a big guy which is very dangerous on the ankles with that much weight on one leg.
Jokic never leaves the ground...
Actually there's a photo of him from the game the other night and he does have both feet off the ground:
post #3417 of 3428 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2019, 17:17
Star Player

Jokic and the 7 dwarfs forced to a game 7 hopefully his teammates step it up
post #3418 of 3428 (permalink) Old May 12th, 2019, 23:25
Premier Player

That's all she wrote for Jokic. His season is over. Excellent run in the playoffs for him. Did everything he could but his Nuggets are drastically overrated as is Jamal Murray who might be one of the most inconsistent guards in the league. I believe the Nuggets missed their last 20 three point shots of the game which is why Jokic only had a few assists. He needs some help, badly. You'd think the Nuggets owners would go into luxury tax to make sure they get another superstar next to Jokic, but I doubt it.
Jokic also choked a bit in the end. I thought it was just a coincidence that in the last two clutch games Jokic missed a free throw but it's not a coincidence at all. He low-key choked in the end game situations during the playoffs (not regular season though where he had 5 game winners). Not sure if he had more than 2 baskets in the fourth quarter today. He's young. He will learn. Now, let's see where his loyalty lies and if he will play for Serbia or not this summer. If not, he can f*ck right off to be honest. I look at guys like Marc and Pau Gasol and what they've done for their NT's despite going deep into the playoffs year after year and I think damn that's awesome. Sadly, that's not Jokic who would look for any opportunity to skip playing for the NT.
post #3419 of 3428 (permalink) Old May 13th, 2019, 15:58
Star Player

Part of it was all the minutes he played this playoffs I think he lost his legs a little towards the end of some games
post #3420 of 3428 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 2019, 21:07
Star Player

Jokic selected all NBA first team . I'm wondering when was the last time a 24 year old white player earned those honors. First Serbian player to win the award .

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in