OT - Everything Basketball - Page 170 - Xtratime Community
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #3381 of 3440 (permalink) Old January 9th, 2019, 04:50
Star Player

Jokic who had another triple double hit the game winner tonight in his pudgy slow white boy fashion . Basketball iq he's just at another level then the rest of the league
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3382 of 3440 (permalink) Old January 9th, 2019, 19:21
Star Player

Teams: Crvena Zvezda, Srbija, Roma, Messi, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by marakana11 View Post
Time to see if the Kings have got some character. They're 20-20 at the midway point of their season, 1.5 games behind the Lakers for 8th spot in the West. In the next 5 games they play...

Phoenix (A), Detroit (H), Charlotte (H), Detroit (A), Brooklyn (A).

All of these games are winnable, and if they want to make the playoffs they need to go on a small run here. Bogdanovic has been playing pretty well as of late, Bjelica is a bit hit or miss. He keeps getting the minutes. Sometimes he has a double double, sometimes not. I hope he can find that consistency.

Jokic is tearing it up for the Nuggets and they find themselves first in the West. Meanwhile for the Clippers, Teo and Marjanovic have not featured at all in the last couple of games. Hope Bobi gets some more chances, while Teo seems to be out of there.
Kings fans are super high on Bjelica. He's an excellent jack of all trades player that ties the team together. His 3-point spaces the floor; he's excellent against strong 4's and almost all 5's and racks up quite a few blocks for a white guy tbh; he passes very well but doesn't demand the ball so Fox can still be the main ball-carrier.
I've been a Kings fan forever considering I grew up in NorCal during the height of the Kings-Lakers rivalry. I just hope and pray that the Kings make it to the playoffs this year and the LLLLLakers can watch us from their couch.

Царство Божие внутри вас
post #3383 of 3440 (permalink) Old January 9th, 2019, 19:22
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dule View Post
Also happy to note how well Borisa Simanic has been performing for Zvezda this season.

He really looked he wouldn't be up to much despite his talents and crazy physical attributes but he's really came along well under Tomic. Complete change of attitude and aggression. Good defensively, can hit the three, can attack the basket...

At his age (20) I think he seems ideal for a NBA draft and stash for a couple of seasons to see how he progresses.
Wow you were not hyperbolic about Borisa's physical attributes. That kid can ****ing soar. I saw a highlight vid of him almost grazing the rim with his head when he dunked. My only critique for him is that he seems relatively uncoordinated, almost as if he's still getting used to the body he grew into.

Царство Божие внутри вас

post #3384 of 3440 (permalink) Old January 9th, 2019, 19:26
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by sippypowder View Post
Jokic who had another triple double hit the game winner tonight in his pudgy slow white boy fashion . Basketball iq he's just at another level then the rest of the league
He does have insane BBIQ, but I feel that people fall back on that narrative too often with him because he's a pudgy white boy in the NBA. It's not just his BBIQ or his great shooting that allows him to dominate. Jokic is incredibly strong, stronger than most centers. He easily backed down Capela against the Rockets 2 nights ago and did the same thing to Whiteside. They're both relatively skinny for the 5, but they're also known as some of the most athletic centers in the game, and they could not hold their position against Jokic in the post. Ironically, the one player he struggled the most in the post was James Harden, but Harden is 5 inches shorter and only 10 pounds lighter. He a thick boi with a low center of gravity. Otherwise, its bbq chicken against anybody else.

Царство Божие внутри вас

Last edited by CliffBurton; January 10th, 2019 at 19:20.
post #3385 of 3440 (permalink) Old January 10th, 2019, 04:58
Star Player

I had made a comment once about jokic that I think him being bulky is by design maybe I'm wrong but he's is a load in the post and he also sets better screens especially on those dribble handoffs when he's fatter . If he ever got in really good shape and slimmed up I'm not that sure that would make him a better player. His strength advantage in post would be taken away plus I think he's naturally slow so slimming down wouldn't really help him blow by people
post #3386 of 3440 (permalink) Old January 10th, 2019, 05:12
Legend

Other than point guards, you dont have to be athletic to play basketball. Bodiroga was slow yet he dominated and probably would have been a great nba player if they let him have some freedom.
post #3387 of 3440 (permalink) Old January 10th, 2019, 19:19
Star Player

I'd say small forwards have to be quite athletic considering wing defense is so important in modern NBA. Other than that, yea. You still can't be totally unathletic to be a starter in the NBA. Okafor was just too fat, slow, and unathletic to ever make it in the NBA, to make an example.

Царство Божие внутри вас
post #3388 of 3440 (permalink) Old February 1st, 2019, 17:59
Legend

Jokic was named to the all-star game

Bogdanovic will play for the world team vs usa
post #3389 of 3440 (permalink) Old February 2nd, 2019, 03:33
Star Player

porIzingis teaming up with doncic should be interesting .nPorzingiz had all the hype looks likes it is easier to build a team around jokic . Jokic also doesn't seem like the type to dip out on his team like porIzingis did
post #3390 of 3440 (permalink) Old February 2nd, 2019, 05:43
Star Player

Nuggets are stacked scored 81 on the rockets by halftime . Jokic has a chance to do some damage in the playoffs playing like a top 3 mvp candidate
post #3391 of 3440 (permalink) Old February 6th, 2019, 14:35
Legend

Boban Marjanovic (and some other guys) was traded to the Philadelphia 76ers in a 10 player deal.

Doc Rivers is officially the dumbest coach in the nba having the best teams year after year and always failing with them.
post #3392 of 3440 (permalink) Old February 6th, 2019, 21:05
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Crvena zvezda, Srbija
Suggestions that should we qualify we’ll be heading to China with our strongest squad. Injuries pending of course.

Године пролазе моје,
ја чекам титуле твоје,
и сваким даном све више
волим те!
post #3393 of 3440 (permalink) Old February 7th, 2019, 23:22
Legend

Teodosic waived by the clippers. Dumbest team in the league
post #3394 of 3440 (permalink) Old February 11th, 2019, 06:52
Zeko lopove...
International

Teams: Red Star Belgrade, Spartak Moscow, Olympiakos
Went to the Kings win over the Suns this afternoon in Sacramento. I have to say, I have no idea why Phoenix drafted Aayon rather than Doncic. Phoenix has no idea how to play basketball. It's not even the coach; the personnel just suck.

Bjelica had a good game as did Bogdanovic... Bagley was a monster for the Kings, in his best game since being drafted. Barnes looked okay in his second game for Sacramento after the trade from Dallas this past week.

Sacramento is about a game out of the playoffs behind the Clippers who just traded away their 2nd best scorer and Marjanovic to Philadelphia. Sacramento needs to make the playoffs this year. No excuse.

Niko ne moze da zna sta to sapuce vetar.. niko ne moze da zna sta nosi grom iz vedra neba, nevreme se sprema iznad geta pada zvezda moja zelja moja zebnja je nocas ova zemlja.
post #3395 of 3440 (permalink) Old February 12th, 2019, 04:51
Star Player

The doncic thing confused me his own coach at European championships didn't want to draft him first then vlade passed on him then the Hawks passed on him . Part of me feels like it was setup for him to go to the Mavs to be the heir apparent white boy tandem with porIzingis what they almost he with nash and Dirk
post #3396 of 3440 (permalink) Old February 12th, 2019, 18:30
Legend

Phoenix passed on him cuz they have Devin Booker and figured they need desperately a big man to olay with him and thats why they went with their pick. If they were a smarter team they would have traded Booker for a proven big and draft Doncic since they hired his NT coach... Most GMs are morons thst have no right being in their position
post #3397 of 3440 (permalink) Old February 14th, 2019, 05:02
Star Player

Jokic with another triple double ties Jordans career triple double total
post #3398 of 3440 (permalink) Old February 26th, 2019, 16:30
Star Player

Boban had a nasty injury I don't like looking at those type of videos so couldn't get a feel how bad it was
post #3399 of 3440 (permalink) Old February 27th, 2019, 15:16
Legend

Sixers will reevaluate Boban in the next 5-7 days. Wont be as bad as thought... He was playing well for the Sixers.
post #3400 of 3440 (permalink) Old February 28th, 2019, 04:14
Rising Star

Teodosic back playing with the national team.

Serbia cruises past Israel to seal FIBA World Cup ticket

They say better late than never. That’s the case for Serbia that got a 97-76 victory over Israel to move to China’s big stage as they punched their ticket on Sunday...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in