OT - Everything Basketball - Page 169 - Xtratime Community
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #3361 of 3440 (permalink) Old December 19th, 2018, 03:12
Star Player

Jokic with 22 pts at the half could've had closer to 30 if he didn't miss some close shots around the rim . If the game stays close he could get 50 if not tonight I can see him doing it soon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3362 of 3440 (permalink) Old December 19th, 2018, 03:35
Star Player

Refs give jokic 2 quick fouls to start the half playing with 4 . They must have a bet on this game
post #3363 of 3440 (permalink) Old December 19th, 2018, 21:03
Premier Player

finished with 32 points 16 rebounds 4 assists (would have had 10 if his guys didn't miss literally everything) and 3 steals to boot

post #3364 of 3440 (permalink) Old December 22nd, 2018, 03:49
Premier Player

Thank God we have Jokic. Bogdanovic and Bjelica are so frustrating to watch sometimes. Bjelica is like 0-6 from three in the 8 minutes he has played and Bogdanovic missed 3 free throws in a row and both his shots. They just jack up shots when it's not necessary. Play the Euro ball and pass it.
post #3365 of 3440 (permalink) Old December 22nd, 2018, 05:38
Premier Player

OMG Bjelica can fly!!!

https://streamable.com/gxuw4

post #3366 of 3440 (permalink) Old December 22nd, 2018, 14:09
Administrators
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Juve
Hahaha, mama there goes that Nemanja! Welcoming JJJ to the league with the most awkward posterizer dunk ever

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
SrpskiInat likes this.

I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. - Stephen Colbert

Until the Lion learns to speak, the tale of hunt will be told by the hunter

“I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”-Genghis Khan
post #3367 of 3440 (permalink) Old December 23rd, 2018, 12:13
Premier Player

if you guys didn't see or read already, Jokic got ejected from the game after 20 minutes of play and a stat line of 19/6/3. He was getting hacked all night by the Clippers and wasn't get the calls under the basket. It's been building up for a while. He's the only top 10 player in the NBA that doesn't get "superstar" calls. Hell, even Doncic is getting them at the moment. One reason could be because Jokic flops a lot but I swear he has scratches on his arms almost every game. They physically target him because they can't stop him. So, Jokic gets called for a soft foul and he makes some frustrated hand gestures and says some words to the ref and gets a really ridiculous rejection. He was moaning all game but the ref was waiting for the opportunity to give him an ejection on the spot. I'm sure Jokic will come back firing in the next game. Last time something happened like this, he had a monster 37 points 17 rebounds in the first 3 quarters. I'm not worried about him.

Teodosic is on his way to Turkish Efes. I was wondering after the blowout last night why he didn't get any minutes. He looked very angry and depressed at the same time on the bench. It's probably because he knows he's gone. Should have came to the NBA when he was younger and worked on his fitness. When the game was played slower, he definitely could have been an advanced playmaking Jaric type of player with a more concrete outside shot. I expect him to be one of the key players for the WC next summer so he needs to get back into his old form. Shame his short stint in the NBA didn't work out. It has definitely tainted his legacy.
post #3368 of 3440 (permalink) Old December 24th, 2018, 00:47
Star Player

Sucks but nuggets we're going to lose anyways they need to start getting some of their injured players back . At least one of them like Barton or Harris
post #3369 of 3440 (permalink) Old December 28th, 2018, 05:38
Rising Star

post #3370 of 3440 (permalink) Old December 28th, 2018, 09:48
Premier Player

Almost went to this game. ****kkkkk. Major regrets now.

Anyhow, big balls Bogi with another game winner. What's new

I feel like he still has another level to him. He gets inside his own head sometimes. He's too obsessed with every miss. In the 4th quarter, he just relaxes and is in the zone. That's the Bogi we need to see all game long. The other aspect is he needs to be more aggressive and attack the rim. He gets too scared going up against shot blocker and alters his shot which makes him miss easy layups and what not.

But I love this kid. I like him even more than Jokic to be honest. He's got that Srpski Inat like Djokovic and Bjelica has some of it too.

I also love how he turned around before the shot went in. When they interviewed him, he said he knew it was going in and that's why he started running towards his teammates.

BALLER.
post #3371 of 3440 (permalink) Old December 28th, 2018, 11:16
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Crvena zvezda, Srbija
I feel that Jokic lacks that mentality. Possibly much of it stems from his lack of must win basketball in his career to date.

Bogdanovic & Bjelica both developed at clubs where winning is necessary. Both at Fener, at the Belgrade clubs and Bjelica at Laboral as well. They’ve also lead the NT in the past along with Teo.

Jokic on the other hand grew up at Mega where there’s no fan base and no imperative for results. He has played little international basketball and I think that sometimes comes across in his mentality.

Must also be said that they’re very different upbringings. Jokic in Sombor whilst Beli & Bogdan grew up in Beograd.

That’s not to say that Bogdanovic hasn’t missed big shots in the past but he’s less willing to hide when it comes to crunch time.

Године пролазе моје,
ја чекам титуле твоје,
и сваким даном све више
волим те!
post #3372 of 3440 (permalink) Old December 29th, 2018, 01:44
Premier Player

It's also Jokic's personality. There's a reason they call him "Joker"

He doesn't care enough.

He has gained all his weight back so his summer "conditioning" was once again a waste of time. If he actually took his career seriously, he could be an unstoppable force.

His worst trait is that he's so damn hard headed. Sometimes, he doesn't shoot just to prove a point which is evident that his team doesn't come first when he says, "I don't care about my stats only if we win"....BS. Because at the same time he puts his head down and says, "I need to be more aggressive for my team" and then gets ejected from a ball game. Kid needs to grow up still. Luckily, he's only 23 going on 24. He's clearly a very emotional fella and it's insane to think that he still has a lot of upside if he matures and takes his conditioning seriously. It seems like every winter he gains back 15 pounds when his mom comes to visit for a few weeks.

Anyhow, let's see how he bounces back tonight against the Spurs again. This will show character.
post #3373 of 3440 (permalink) Old December 30th, 2018, 03:44
Premier Player

Jokic is so frustrating to watch. He just doesn't try. Allowed rookie Ayton to score 25 points on him in the first half! He hasn't been trying to go for the rebounds. Just lets them come down to him. Isn't looking to score. Only when he has to. His stats are not representative of his play because they run everything through him and he just stands in one spot the whole game. Has to be the laziest Serbian I've seen in the NBA.
He's not the type of guy that will ever show up every night. People compare him to Marc Gasol but Gasol is there every night.
post #3374 of 3440 (permalink) Old December 30th, 2018, 03:59
Premier Player

Dule, you're absolutely right.

If Zeljko was Jokic's coach for the early part of his career, Jokic wouldn't be dragging his feet every other game.
post #3375 of 3440 (permalink) Old December 30th, 2018, 04:08
Star Player

I wonder if he still lives with his brothers . I picture them eating cevapi every night and burek for breakfast. He needs to get in better cardio but he is also smart pacing himself against the suns on a back to back night. The thing is he plays pretty good as a doughy white boy and it's kind of funny when no one can guard him
post #3376 of 3440 (permalink) Old December 30th, 2018, 04:23
Premier Player

Yeah but that pacing literally almost cost them the game here. Nuggets were up nearly 30 points at two points in the game and Suns came back to only a 3 point deficit.

Murray saves the Nuggets once again.

Anyhow, Jokic finishes with 23/8/9. If he actually tried, he legit could have had 40/15/12. This is why he will most likely never win MVP. He doesn't have the fight and will like Bogi and Doncic have for example. He doesn't realize that the better he is individually, the more it helps his team. If he's backing down more in the post and then he gets doubled, he kicks it out to his teammates. He needs a teammate that can push him because Malone is too beta as a coach.

I just can't believe his coach his coach doesn't hold him accountable for his conditioning. I can literally see his belly through his jersey. It's just embarrassing. If I was a pro athlete, I would be embarrassed to be making 25 million dollars a year but can't stay in shape because I'm a fat kid at heart. Like seriously? Just pathetic behavior and it's no surprise that he rejects the NT. He's lazy. Wants a summer back home in Sombor so he can sit in a ****ing chair and ride horses and pretend to be doing "conditioning"
He's really getting on my last nerve. Thank god we have Bogi and Bjelica. I've defended Jokic more than anyone on this board but I hate looking at players that don't live up to their full potential because they are lazy
post #3377 of 3440 (permalink) Old December 30th, 2018, 04:33
Star Player

I've always wished that someone like a Tim Duncan , Dirk, or olyajuwon would work with him in the off-season
post #3378 of 3440 (permalink) Old January 8th, 2019, 19:27
Zeko lopove...
International

Teams: Red Star Belgrade, Spartak Moscow, Olympiakos
Time to see if the Kings have got some character. They're 20-20 at the midway point of their season, 1.5 games behind the Lakers for 8th spot in the West. In the next 5 games they play...

Phoenix (A), Detroit (H), Charlotte (H), Detroit (A), Brooklyn (A).

All of these games are winnable, and if they want to make the playoffs they need to go on a small run here. Bogdanovic has been playing pretty well as of late, Bjelica is a bit hit or miss. He keeps getting the minutes. Sometimes he has a double double, sometimes not. I hope he can find that consistency.

Jokic is tearing it up for the Nuggets and they find themselves first in the West. Meanwhile for the Clippers, Teo and Marjanovic have not featured at all in the last couple of games. Hope Bobi gets some more chances, while Teo seems to be out of there.

Niko ne moze da zna sta to sapuce vetar.. niko ne moze da zna sta nosi grom iz vedra neba, nevreme se sprema iznad geta pada zvezda moja zelja moja zebnja je nocas ova zemlja.
post #3379 of 3440 (permalink) Old January 9th, 2019, 00:24
Xtratime Legend

Teo would be best just leaving to come back to Europe...he's went over later than he should have done and the most difficult thing for players like him is going from controlling everything and bossing the game to being bit part/not playing. Sale spoke about this on Arena Sport a couple of weeks ago on 'U Obrucu'.

Jokic is having a great season but I do get the feeling that a lot of people in Serbia aren't bothered by him. One has to be a star with the NT to really get the acknowledgement...I really hope he does show up this summer but I'm not confident he will.

Године пролазе моје,
ја чекам титуле твоје,
и сваким даном све више
волим те!
post #3380 of 3440 (permalink) Old January 9th, 2019, 00:30
Xtratime Legend

Also happy to note how well Borisa Simanic has been performing for Zvezda this season.

He really looked he wouldn't be up to much despite his talents and crazy physical attributes but he's really came along well under Tomic. Complete change of attitude and aggression. Good defensively, can hit the three, can attack the basket...

At his age (20) I think he seems ideal for a NBA draft and stash for a couple of seasons to see how he progresses.

Године пролазе моје,
ја чекам титуле твоје,
и сваким даном све више
волим те!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in