Novak 'Nole' Djokovic - Page 197 - Xtratime Community
 95Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #3921 of 3976 (permalink) Old September 11th, 2018, 13:06
Star Player

I remember watching him win in his first Masters in Miami watching him fly around the court and thought to myself he was going to be the best player in tennis. Coming from Serbia instead of Swiss or Spain I felt like he had a slower start to his career he couldn't have possibly had the same type of training growing up . He could've had 20 slams by now based on talent but he had to figure out more things on his own. Then he started making more money and was able to afford more coaches and staff. That being said his slower start to his grand slam success instilled a hunger in him to catch pederer and Nadal so in a way it helped him become who he is now the player of the decade despite the fact nadal and pederer played in the same decade at their peaks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3922 of 3976 (permalink) Old September 11th, 2018, 16:01
Star Player

Another thing that helped him progress in his career is when he quit having his parents around especially his father.
post #3923 of 3976 (permalink) Old September 11th, 2018, 18:58
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sippypowder View Post
Another thing that helped him progress in his career is when he quit having his parents around especially his father.
This is a massive issue in Sweden for an example, well, apart from the lack of willingness to compete and interest in stupid things. Many parents are ruining their kids as athletes in tennis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrix
zoric man, do you have like 5 screens in your room streaming 7 channels while simultaneously following 10 livescore websites?

p
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoRiS_ThE_BuLLetDoDgeR View Post
ZORIC!!!

Feeling depressed about Kosovo? We still have ZORIC!!!

When someone asks for the most famous Serbian exports, you answer "Slivovica, Tesla i ZORIC!!!"

post #3924 of 3976 (permalink) Old October 14th, 2018, 11:25
Legend

Djokovic beats Coric 6-3, 6-4 to win the Shanghai Masters

Capello beamed: "From Savicevic you came to expect these unthinkable plays of brilliance, because from the position he was in most players would have just taken the ball in stride and gone a little further with it, instead he went for this spectacular attempt which has gone down in history and is shown over and over again. It was simply.... Una cosa da Savicevic [the way of Savicevic]."
post #3925 of 3976 (permalink) Old October 14th, 2018, 13:49
Star Player

Has won 18 matches in a row like the previous 2 years never happened. The question is how far will tennis allow Djokovic go with this new made for tv script.
post #3926 of 3976 (permalink) Old October 15th, 2018, 12:51
Rising Star

Quote:
Has won 18 matches in a row like the previous 2 years never happened. The question is how far will tennis allow Djokovic go with this new made for tv script.

Maybe he's excluded something else from his diet ... last time excluding gluten worked absolute wonders ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
post #3927 of 3976 (permalink) Old October 15th, 2018, 13:26
Star Player

I'm a big fan but I'm not naive it's probably the reason why I was one of the very few that knew he wasn't finished . Some on here thought maybe he would win 1 or 2 more slams but I knew eventually he would be back right where he left off. I just wasn't sure on the timing. Same exact thing happened with Nadal where he disappeared and showed up stronger then ever. I'm hoping he catches pederer but I'm worried he's going to fizzle out right before just like Nadal is doing now maybe Djokovic will start having "marital problems " again when he gets close. That being said the majority of the top 50 players are using something so he can't be singled out just because he's better than everyone else . The cream still rises to the top

Last edited by sippypowder; October 15th, 2018 at 13:49.
post #3928 of 3976 (permalink) Old October 15th, 2018, 21:18
International

Teams: Crvena Zvezda, Girondins de Bordeaux
Be happy. Perhaps...be proud. You're witnessing the greatest Serbian sportsman. In 15 years, all these proto negative naysayers will do the typical Serbian thing talking down to younger generations with, "O uuufff! Djokovic je bio najbolji igrac!"

Many people seek after what they do not possess and are thus enslaved by the very things they want to acquire...because "precondition of that subjunctive". - Ivica LeFondre
post #3929 of 3976 (permalink) Old November 4th, 2018, 19:36
Legend

I was only able to watch 1 set and a half today and saw extremely little emotion from Nole which suggests that he was forced to throw the game the same way he did against nishikori in the us open.
post #3930 of 3976 (permalink) Old November 4th, 2018, 19:39
International

Teams: Red Star Belgrade, Serbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Bandit View Post
I was only able to watch 1 set and a half today and saw extremely little emotion from Nole which suggests that he was forced to throw the game the same way he did against nishikori in the us open.

Forced ?

"Never argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."
post #3931 of 3976 (permalink) Old November 5th, 2018, 06:15
Legend

even though Nole did not win the title, by playing in Paris and getting to the final he recaptured the no. 1 ranking and beat Federer on the way

good weeks' worth of work IMO

Capello beamed: "From Savicevic you came to expect these unthinkable plays of brilliance, because from the position he was in most players would have just taken the ball in stride and gone a little further with it, instead he went for this spectacular attempt which has gone down in history and is shown over and over again. It was simply.... Una cosa da Savicevic [the way of Savicevic]."
post #3932 of 3976 (permalink) Old November 5th, 2018, 17:01
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Bandit View Post
Maybe he was going thru marital problems again, lol . That being said he played cilic and pederer back to back then the boy named Karen wasn't the easiest of roads
post #3933 of 3976 (permalink) Old November 17th, 2018, 12:04
puzz!eshock
Premier Player

Teams: FK Crvena Zvezda, Manchester United, Borussia Dortmund
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitoTata View Post
Maybe he's excluded something else from his diet ... last time excluding gluten worked absolute wonders ...
haha but wasn't that about 5 years or so ago?

****** batman n robin, im robbin' with a bat, man
post #3934 of 3976 (permalink) Old November 17th, 2018, 21:32
Star Player

Djokovic looked nasty today he's gotten better since the us open
post #3935 of 3976 (permalink) Old November 18th, 2018, 19:27
Star Player

Nice jinx on Djokovic . He got screwed on the scheduling 3 days in a row plus had the evening match yesterday.
post #3936 of 3976 (permalink) Old November 18th, 2018, 19:37
Legend

Djokovic loses 6-4,6-3 to Zverev after easily destroying everybody (including Zverev) all week...
post #3937 of 3976 (permalink) Old November 18th, 2018, 19:40
Legend

Quote:
Nice jinx on Djokovic . He got screwed on the scheduling 3 days in a row plus had the evening match yesterday.
Lol he shouldn't have been climbing trees bare footed today on his instagram
post #3938 of 3976 (permalink) Old January 21st, 2019, 12:40
Star Player

Djokovic in a battle this kid is pretty good.
post #3939 of 3976 (permalink) Old January 21st, 2019, 14:30
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Yeah, Medvedev was good as long as he lasted. The break chance for Medvedev was a key situation during the game but Novak still handled other situations well too. Good performance overall. Nishikori (who played a hard five setter) is up next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrix
zoric man, do you have like 5 screens in your room streaming 7 channels while simultaneously following 10 livescore websites?

p
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoRiS_ThE_BuLLetDoDgeR View Post
ZORIC!!!

Feeling depressed about Kosovo? We still have ZORIC!!!

When someone asks for the most famous Serbian exports, you answer "Slivovica, Tesla i ZORIC!!!"
post #3940 of 3976 (permalink) Old January 22nd, 2019, 01:54
Premier Player

One of the best performances from Djokovic since his Becker days. Very aggressive offensively. Hasn't lost his pace. Very few unforced errors. His returns were always very deep and towards the later part of the match, he kept the balls really low which put more strain on Medvedev's game, physically.
Needs to fix up a few things but I have a hard time believing that anyone can stop him here at this tournament. Nadal is preparing for FO, as usual but is always a force here at AO. I'm sure he hasn't forgotten 2012 yet.

Djokovic is going to be a favorite at all of the tournaments this year. Going to be another huge season for him that adds to his legacy.

Only one problem....
He was having back problems in the game. This isn't good. If you're having back problems in any sport and you have a full time physio + have had chiropractic adjustments with proper exercises then it's not looking good. Let's hope it was just a strain as he has fallen down about 4 times already in this tournament and Medvedev made him stretch out quite a few times.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in