55Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #34421 of 34447 (permalink) Old May 7th, 2019, 23:05
Zeko lopove...
International

Teams: Red Star Belgrade, Spartak Moscow, Olympiakos
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftfield2 View Post
Huge game for this man tomorrow. Win and they'll face Liverpool in the Champions League final in Madrid. Rumors are strong that Bayern and Juventus are looking at him.

As for Ivanovic, still a class act. Not many Serbs have gone to Russia, even at that age, and won the title!

Niko ne moze da zna sta to sapuce vetar.. niko ne moze da zna sta nosi grom iz vedra neba, nevreme se sprema iznad geta pada zvezda moja zelja moja zebnja je nocas ova zemlja.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34422 of 34447 (permalink) Old May 8th, 2019, 20:39
Legend

Tadic with a huge assist to make it 2-0 and 3-0 on agg.
post #34423 of 34447 (permalink) Old May 8th, 2019, 20:49
Legend

Felix brych is the referee this game -_-

post #34424 of 34447 (permalink) Old May 8th, 2019, 21:59
Legend

Ajax has retards in defense

Score in the 5th minute of added time to knock Tadic out.
post #34425 of 34447 (permalink) Old May 9th, 2019, 01:17
Zeko lopove...
International

Huge mental test for this Ajax side RB..... after such a defeat can they mentally rebound to win back to back Eredivisie games and hold off PSV for the title?

As I said last week, huge, huge test for this team if either the Dutch Cup final or this game did not go their way. To lose in such circumstances, it's a huge test for Ajax these next two weeks as is for Tadic.

Niko ne moze da zna sta to sapuce vetar.. niko ne moze da zna sta nosi grom iz vedra neba, nevreme se sprema iznad geta pada zvezda moja zelja moja zebnja je nocas ova zemlja.
post #34426 of 34447 (permalink) Old May 9th, 2019, 21:09
Legend

Jovic chests ball down to Gacinovic, Gacinovic passes to Jovic who runs into space and drills it by the keeper. Great goal

1-1 50th minute. 2-2 agg
post #34427 of 34447 (permalink) Old May 9th, 2019, 22:49
Legend

Some loser comes on for a fresh looking Gacinovic in 118 minute and goes on to miss the 2nd penalty kick for Frankfurt. Chelsea wins 4-3 on pks

Jovic just scored his penalty
post #34428 of 34447 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2019, 10:41
Star Player

Teams: Serbian NT
Can't believe Ajax missed chance like that. I knew freaking wasteful Ziyech will cost them, I've sense it gonna be like that. Tadić wasn't helpful either, but Ziyech is so frustrating to watch, especially when he playing for bigger things. Too bad for Ajax. Tadić should stay at Ajax for rest of his career. Let go Bayern and Juventus, you need to have way more stable top form for those clubs to make it.

****ing England and PL will have 4 teams in both euro finals.
post #34429 of 34447 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2019, 12:04 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

The margins were small in 3/4 games. Valencia was the only team that couldn't put up a fight and I don't see that as a problem because they've just come back to this level after years of failure domestically.

It's a good chance for the teams that lost and its players to learn about control in games. The knock out stages of the Champions League in general has been a chaos this season with a complete lack of control from teams who're supposed to be in charge. Nobody's really been good in terms of suffering without the ball either. I think Barcelona made the biggest mistakes despite having the tools to deal with what was being thrown at them.

A shame about our players because they were so close but it should serve as a learning experience. If you take a look at the teams that have gone through to the finals you'll quickly realize that all of them needed a similar learning experience from last year:

- Liverpool's loss in the final to Madrid came through goalkeeping errors from which they couldn't recuperate. This time around their goalkeeper saved them in the first half in the return leg. There were tactical errors from Barcelona as well though.

- Tottenham lost to Juventus in the quarterfinals in a matter of minutes (return leg) despite being the better side for a large portion of the double header last year. Allegri's changes stunned Pochettino. This time around Pochettino stunned Ajax with the inclusion of Llorente. Something many other teams should've done previously but were too afraid of doing.

- Arsenal lost to Atlético Madrid in the semifinal despite playing 11-on-10 for close to 85 minutes in the first leg. This time around they ran over Valencia in two legs and kicked out Napoli without any problems. Well equipped to win the Europa League.

Chelsea's really a team that's been through a lot in both tournaments and they've learned a bit from their recent cup loss in England.

All losses serve as a good learning curve if you're prepared to look at it that way.

Well done to the English teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrix
zoric man, do you have like 5 screens in your room streaming 7 channels while simultaneously following 10 livescore websites?

p
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoRiS_ThE_BuLLetDoDgeR View Post
ZORIC!!!

Feeling depressed about Kosovo? We still have ZORIC!!!

When someone asks for the most famous Serbian exports, you answer "Slivovica, Tesla i ZORIC!!!"
post #34430 of 34447 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2019, 13:30
Premier Player

Teams: Serbia, Uruguay, Ivory Coast, Trinidad / Tobago
According to the german tv commentator, Luka Jovic wants to play at the U21 Euro Championchip.

I wonder if we will have also Alexander-Arnold, Mbappé, Havertz or other prodigies there. Will be fun to watch!

Without Responsibility, it is difficult to exist.
post #34431 of 34447 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2019, 13:35 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

It's not a good idea for him personally to play in the U21 Euros if he's moving to a new club, especially if it's Madrid. Adaptation takes time, physical conditioning is super important and he'll be starting from a lower level of intensity at a club where nobody waits for you. One or two bad games and they're already looking at you in a sceptical way.

It'll up his price-tag though so Frankfurt will be happy.

Quote:
zoric man, do you have like 5 screens in your room streaming 7 channels while simultaneously following 10 livescore websites?

p
Quote:
ZORIC!!!

When someone asks for the most famous Serbian exports, you answer "Slivovica, Tesla i ZORIC!!!"
post #34432 of 34447 (permalink) Old May 11th, 2019, 01:48
Premier Player

I also don't think he should play. Jovic has looked completely exhausted the last 2 months. He's really struggling with fatigue and it's very obvious. I think he left all his energy on the pitch against Chelsea. It would be wise to just leave him out of the squad. I know he wants to play. Kid literally came straight from oral surgery to play in one of our qualifier even though his mouth was bleeding everywhere. He's a monster and we should consider ourselves lucky to have someone like him. Saying all this, we should respect his health and leave him out of the squad maybe have him only play the qualifier against Ukraine along with Mitrovic. It's going to be difficult watching him try to finish off the Bundesliga season as he's completely done for already.

Joveljic is a great option. Saponjic and Valhovic behind him would be my first choices. You have a bit of everything from those 3 guys. Sure, they aren't on the level of Jovic but hat's fine. This U21 tournament is about development. There's plenty of talent in this team with Zivkovic, Lukic, Racic, Grujic and Milenkovic (assuming the latter two play). We should be able to qualify for the Olympics without him. Plus, Joveljic is extremely hungry and in excellent form as well. Have no qualms about him leading our boys up front.
post #34433 of 34447 (permalink) Old May 11th, 2019, 03:42
Premier Player

Good year for our boys. Quite a few of them will be playing in UCL & UEC next season. That's something we should all be proud of. There's going to be some big moves this summer for our guys that will sort of determine the outcome of how our NT will fare at the Euros if we qualify. Some of them need to be very careful with their transfers. I know Jovic has continually expressed wanting to stay with Eintracht if they qualify for the CL. I also think that would be the best move. A good showing at U21 euros, CL next year, and Euros next summer could raise his price tag as high as 150 million which would be double what Frankfurt is asking for this time being. Then again, he could suffer a career ending injury and get $0. That's sort of the risk that Lazio's president took with SMS and it backfired. We shall see.

Mitrovic should definitely stay in the EPL as he had a great season and lots of critics praised him for doing so well for such a sh*t club like Fulham this year. The EPL is a match made in heaven for his style of football. I just think he needs to go to a better club that can give him proper delivery. I don't know much about the EPL outside of the top 7-8 or so clubs and their manager's, but I'd assume he has the quality to play near the top level in the right system.

Milenkovic is almost surely gone after a great season for himself too. I have a feeling he will be picked up by a team like PSG that has endless pockets. Juve and A. Madrid don't want to pay 50 million for him. I can only see Man United doing it if they start pulling some money from the Queen's royalty stash. He would almost instantly be a starter there. I personally think it's the best fit for him if he wants to play from the start. At Juve, he'd be slowly integrated after a season or two of play to replace Chiellini. Would not be good for Serbia at the Euros as he is our focal point of defense now.

Nem. Maksimovic is most likely going back to Valencia but there's a good chance Getafe qualify for the CL which would see him staying with the club. He's worth somewhere between 20-30 million right now but Valencia have a buy-back clause so they'd get him for much cheaper.

Kostic, after Tadic, might have been our best player this season. He was phenomenal in every sense. I hope this isn't a one season wonder for him as this new form could see him playing for the best of the best clubs in Europe. I know there's quite a few clubs interested in acquiring him but again, if Eintracht qualify for the CL, he should stay. If they don't, this could be a great opportunity for him to get a long term contract at a big club which would be his last big contract of his career as he's already 26. He should pick wisely. I think he'd be an excellent replacement/upgrade for Perisic at Inter. They are making some great moves as of late and think they will be back to the very top soon. Godin was a brilliant signing for them.

Nastasic is almost surely out as well. He's been one of if not the best player at Schalke this season in what has been a nightmare of a year for them. He's saved them on multiple occasions. I think he's ready for a move. I know Roma was interested for a few years in him. Think that would also be a great fit for him. Man United and Arsenal are two EPL opportunities and I believe he said he would like to go back to the EPL to prove himself at the highest level again. He'd be a solid option for a relatively cheap price (30 million or so).

Lots of talk and speculation about Tadic. I think he'll make his decision very late in the year after he sees what plans Ajaxs has for him. He's never rushed into anything, and I don't expect that to change now that he's a hot commodity. Does he have the quality to play for a Juve or Bayern? Absolutely. Does he have the motivation to consistently play at the highest level? Who knows. If this season is any indicator, I would say absolutely yes. But then again he really loves Ajax and the lifestyle in Holland not to mention the style of play. It would take a lot for him to leave like Ajaks not bringing in new worthy talents or Erik ten Hag wanting to leave. I also think that wherever ten Hag goes, he might want to bring Tadic as well. He centered his whole offense around him and it worked brilliantly for him. I also think ten Hag brings the best out of Tadic and vice versa. So, my opinion is wherever ten Hag is, that's where Tadic should follow suit. He's relatively cheap at 20 million so any club would be willing to pick him up at that price which is why he's such a hot commodity.

If Milivojevic was ever going to leave Crystal Palace, this would be the summer to do it. His price tag is at its highest value. His level of play is at its highest. I highly doubt he will continue to take as many penalties as he has the last two season (20+) and at 90% success rate to boot. There were a few clubs interested. AC Milan is one them if they can't get SMS. I don't think a move to Everton, West Ham and those kind of clubs makes too much sense for him. Might as well stay at Palace at that point. He's kind of a limited player but is valuable for set pieces (again, shame our coach is an idiot).

Marko Grujic is going to have an interesting summer. Had the best year of his career thus far. He's quicker than Sergej but not as technically apt. Apparently, Liverpool offered him to Atletico for 40 million which is ridiculous cause he's not worth anywhere near that right now not to mention his nagging injury concerns. It seems like they want to keep him for one more season or sell him for an obscene amount of money. He's not Liverpool quality right now. Then again, let's wait and see how he performs at the U21 Euros if he goes.

Matic is probably staying at United but he's getting kicked out of the starting unit. He hasn't adapted well to modern football and his age is starting to show. Never really liked his style of play except for his showing with the U21's. Limited footballer that only fit's in Mourinho's outdated system of football. Though, there might be a chance they try to sell him while he still has value. You already know he's licking his chops at the prospect of signing him for his next club.
It's the same relationship as Mihajlovic and Ljajic

Speaking of Ljajic, he's also had an excellent year. Looks like he wants to stay in Turkey but ultimately it will be up to Torino to make that decision. Mihajlovic wants him at Bologna which I doubt will go through this time around. AC Milan has shown some interested during the winter transfer season though nothing solid. He's a great player but too inconsistent. Has improved his defense quite a bit and moving through open channels but he's still missing something along with his poor finishing. Since it's related, Danijel Aleksic might be joining him at Besiktas next season who has also had an excellent year. Something like 13 goals in all competition and 8 assists. Def someone on the long list for the NT.

Nikola Maksimovic is finally back to his old form. Thank god for that. We really need him back for the NT even though I like Spajic and Veljkovic. His experience is always needed. Good chance he stays in Napoli but a few clubs like Arsenal and Man United have shown interest in him. He'll be playing CL football next year and Napoli played beautiful football for the majority of the year. I don't see why he'd leave at the time being.

Love, love, love my boy Dmitrovic. He's absolutely moving this summer. The big question is where? Quite a few clubs in Spain interested. I think he could succeed anywhere he goes. He's a top notch keeper and has proved it again this year. Wherever he goes, he should be the first choice keeper. Barca selling their 2nd choice to Benfica so they might be after him again but I don't think it would be the best option. He needs playing time and I think some CL experience before Serbia can accomplish something. Every big team needs a top notch keeper and we finally have one after many years of waiting!

Sasa Lukic has been in excellent form. A nice showing against AC Milan then a goal and excellent defensive performance against Juventus is now earning him a lot of interest from clubs in Spain and Italy. I think a good U21 showing, a nice season in Serie A next year + Europa League and solid showing for Serbia at the Euros next summer would make him a wanted played across Europe. He's extremely underrated. I'd love to see a player like him at Ajax. He's got the perfect mix between offense and defense. Serbia is really relying on his development. Him and Maksimovic are our future and two modern footballers that would fit well in most systems around Europe. I hope he continues to develop.

According to multiple sources Nikola Maras is close to a move to Benfica. They've been after him since his Zvezda days. He's putting on a great defensive display late in the season and keeping his team alive from relegation.

Lots of talk that Uros Racic has been sold by Valencia for 11 million euros. I highly doubt this. You don't just sell a talent like him without trying him out. His agent is working overtime lately. Anyhow, everyone knows he's going to put on a nice show for the U21's which will double or triple his price tag. He's definitely a great replacement for Matic and a much better passer that can actually promote the ball to the final 3rd.

Andrija Zivkovic is definitely gone. He's been out of the Benfica squad for a month now. It's disrespectful what they did to him. He asked for a transfer in the winter season but they refused. They wouldn't even loan him out. Because of this, Serbia's U21 team will struggle quite a bit with him out of form and lacking confidence. He was by far our best player in the qualifiers when he played. He's had so much bad luck so far in his career with Partizan and Benfica. Such a good kid too that never complains. I really wish the best to him and hope he can find a club that will let him prosper. Think Spain is the perfect destination for him and I know a few clubs like Sevilla are heavily interested in him. Depending on his U21 showing, that will likely open up more opportunities for him. Bundesliga might be a good option for him too.

Lots of good opportunities for our guys. Hopefully none of them go to a club that offers 0 playing time.

Few other players I didn't mention:
Radonjic is most likely on his way out. Poor showing at Marseille. It's not even the effort. He just seems to lack intelligence. Almost always does the wrong thing. It's something you can't teach. Maybe with experience he can get better. His form is also never dependent on fitness but rather confidence. He seems to lack it anywhere outside of Zvezda. Maybe if they qualify for the CL, they can bring him back for a season long loan.
Prijovic is enjoying his millions and rightfully so. Good to see him playing well still. Still our 3rd best player
Gacinovic is finally realizing his potential but he needs one good summer to fix his conditioning and add some muscle to those bones before he can play at the highest level for a top notch club. He was linked with United in the past and if he went to the EPL, it would be the end of his career. He's such a soft kid. Any small tackle and he's instantly injured. Not sure if that's something he can fix apart from adding muscle like Kostic did. Really like Gacinovic though. Would love to experiment him at RM as Darko Lazovic's replacement or whoever is in better form if we play with a 3 CB lineup. He just adds so much to both sides of the pitch. Bundesliga or Italy are the only places I really see him thriving. EPL only if he fixes his physical fragility.
Fejsa is gone but I don't care about him anyways.
Kolarov had one of his better seasons this year with 8 gaols in Serie A. Most likely staying put for one more season and then retiring so he can join the FSS mafia.
Veljkovic also staying another year with Bremen. They have played great football as of 2019 and were the last undefeated team in the top 5 leagues. I have a feeling they have a good chance to make a CL run next season. Veljkovic also needs to learn when not to be aggressive. He's bringing that EPL upbringing to a very strict Bundesliga. That's not smart but I have no worries about Germany teaching him order and discipline.
Uros Spajic made an excellent move to Krasnador in Russia. He's wanted by quite a few clubs across Europe. Another reason why I want to play with 3 CB's because we have a plethora of them at the time being.
Darko Lazovic is most likely moving out as well. Some rumors claimed Lazio to have signed him but Lazovic denied the claims. He's been one of the best wing-backs in Italy.
Filip Djurdjevic also had a nice season in Spain's 2nd league.

A few youth players are likely on their way out as well like Svetozar Markovic, Strahinja Pavlovic, Terzic, Vlahovic on loan possibly, and Joveljic. Pantic is likely to be sold by Chelsea if he has a good U21 showing. Probably around 10 million euros.
post #34434 of 34447 (permalink) Old May 14th, 2019, 14:35
International

Teams: Crvena Zvezda, Girondins de Bordeaux
You guys know anything about Dejan Zunic (LB at Basel)?

Many people seek after what they do not possess and are thus enslaved by the very things they want to acquire...because "precondition of that subjunctive". - Ivica LeFondre
post #34435 of 34447 (permalink) Old May 14th, 2019, 22:14
Zeko lopove...
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarma Police View Post
You guys know anything about Dejan Zunic (LB at Basel)?
Not much other than he has been linked with FK Crvena Zvezda. He is a Swiss U19 international and has played as first team regular for Basel's U21 side in the Swiss third division this season. Basel's U21's are likely to finish the season 11th out of 16 teams. See below. Seems he also has a brother, Dalibor Zunic who was a right back for Basel's U21's before he moved to the 4th Swiss tier and is about to be promoted to the third tier with FC Black Stars. Dalibor is the same age as Dejan; appears that they are twins.

https://www.transfermarkt.us/dejan-z...spieler/390178

Last year, he played for Basel's U19 UEFA youth league squad, appearing in all matches for 90 minutes where Basel's U19's played Benfica, CSKA Moscow, Atletico Madrid and Manchester United.

https://www.uefa.com/uefayouthleague...585/index.html

Also, his agent is Milan Calasan according to transfermarket.de. See below. Some of his clients include former Zvezda players Nikola Zigic and Milan Vilotic.

https://www.transfermarkt.us/milan-c...ter/751/plus/1

post #34436 of 34447 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2019, 23:44 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Tadić has perfect moves for a rave in the forest

Quote:

p
Quote:
ZORIC!!!

post #34437 of 34447 (permalink) Old May 22nd, 2019, 11:15
Premier Player

Really wish we had someone at Dortmund. They have a great team going into 2020. I think they might be the surprise of the CL next season like Ajax was this season and I believe Roma the year before. They got a steal of a deal for Julian Brandt.

Also, SMS is finally catching his 2018 form. This is good news for the Ukraine match.

Also, really a shame what happened to Frankfurt. Had that CL position for so long and lost it last game. Really a shame. I'd kind of prefer Jovic and Kostic to move on from the club. If Eintracht was smart, they'd sell all their big guns for profit and start over. They could make close to 200 million (before fees to Fiorentina for Rebic and Benfica for Jovic) from Jovic, Rebic, and Kostic while still keeping a lot of key guys like Haller who had his year tainted by injury and his price tag can still skyrocket next season.
Gacinovic needs at least another year of consistent play and getting physically stronger.
post #34438 of 34447 (permalink) Old May 22nd, 2019, 22:16
Zeko lopove...
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrpskiInat View Post
Really wish we had someone at Dortmund. They have a great team going into 2020. I think they might be the surprise of the CL next season like Ajax was this season and I believe Roma the year before. They got a steal of a deal for Julian Brandt.

Also, SMS is finally catching his 2018 form. This is good news for the Ukraine match.

Also, really a shame what happened to Frankfurt. Had that CL position for so long and lost it last game. Really a shame. I'd kind of prefer Jovic and Kostic to move on from the club. If Eintracht was smart, they'd sell all their big guns for profit and start over. They could make close to 200 million (before fees to Fiorentina for Rebic and Benfica for Jovic) from Jovic, Rebic, and Kostic while still keeping a lot of key guys like Haller who had his year tainted by injury and his price tag can still skyrocket next season.
Gacinovic needs at least another year of consistent play and getting physically stronger.
BVB are the second biggest club in Germany and have significantly more in terms of revenues than Ajax does. I doubt you can even remotely put them in the same bucket. They've had a couple of down years by finishing second and third in the German league (as if that's a down season), but they're still consistent CL contenders. What Ajax has done this season is much more of an accomplishment than what BVB does next year. For example, BVB bought Schurrle for 30 million 3 seasons ago. That's the type of signing that Ajax could never make. Their "splash" was Tadic who was half that.

The only parallel is that Dortmund as Ajax like developing younger players in their first team, however it's mostly young talent that has been bought, not developed within BVB (e.g. Sancho, Akanji, Weigl, Zagadou, Diallo, Gurreiro, Dahoud, Phillip are all purchases)... the only real academy products are Gotze, Schmelzer, Larsen and Pulisic.

In regards to SMS, agreed. We need to him keep improving after a bit of a let down of a season, which given the transfer talk and the World Cup does make sense. I think he was a bit lucky to win the Serie A midfielder of the year award; feels like someone wanted him to win that to increase his transfer value.

As far as Frankfurt are concerned, I'm also of the same opinion. It's a shame everything fell apart. Really thought they would beat Chelsea given how the second leg was looking and after Jovic made his penalty I honestly thought they would win. I was really surprised the two next PK takers missed. I think that's when the team 'lost' the season and their subsequent results illustrated it. Seems like Kostic will stay at Frankfurt though after he signed a 3 year permanent transfer moving him away from Hamburg for 6.5 million euros I believe. He was on loan this season.

I think Gacinovic should also stay as he'll be a first team regular in a top German side next season. If Haller and Rebic stay they'll also have good goalscorers to pick up Jovic's void. The reason I say this is because they're guaranteed starters in the Bundesliga. Keep playing and find consistency before making the step up to a better side. At the same time, the market values of these players will never be higher, so I wonder if Frankfurt will decide to cash in.

post #34439 of 34447 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 2019, 09:07
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by marakana11 View Post
BVB are the second biggest club in Germany and have significantly more in terms of revenues than Ajax does. I doubt you can even remotely put them in the same bucket. They've had a couple of down years by finishing second and third in the German league (as if that's a down season), but they're still consistent CL contenders. What Ajax has done this season is much more of an accomplishment than what BVB does next year. For example, BVB bought Schurrle for 30 million 3 seasons ago. That's the type of signing that Ajax could never make. Their "splash" was Tadic who was half that.

The only parallel is that Dortmund as Ajax like developing younger players in their first team, however it's mostly young talent that has been bought, not developed within BVB (e.g. Sancho, Akanji, Weigl, Zagadou, Diallo, Gurreiro, Dahoud, Phillip are all purchases)... the only real academy products are Gotze, Schmelzer, Larsen and Pulisic.

In regards to SMS, agreed. We need to him keep improving after a bit of a let down of a season, which given the transfer talk and the World Cup does make sense. I think he was a bit lucky to win the Serie A midfielder of the year award; feels like someone wanted him to win that to increase his transfer value.

As far as Frankfurt are concerned, I'm also of the same opinion. It's a shame everything fell apart. Really thought they would beat Chelsea given how the second leg was looking and after Jovic made his penalty I honestly thought they would win. I was really surprised the two next PK takers missed. I think that's when the team 'lost' the season and their subsequent results illustrated it. Seems like Kostic will stay at Frankfurt though after he signed a 3 year permanent transfer moving him away from Hamburg for 6.5 million euros I believe. He was on loan this season.

I think Gacinovic should also stay as he'll be a first team regular in a top German side next season. If Haller and Rebic stay they'll also have good goalscorers to pick up Jovic's void. The reason I say this is because they're guaranteed starters in the Bundesliga. Keep playing and find consistency before making the step up to a better side. At the same time, the market values of these players will never be higher, so I wonder if Frankfurt will decide to cash in.

I didn't mean literally the same as Ajax. I meant how they also have an excellent youth program like Ajax does. Most of their top talents are home grown (or developed) and like Ajax, they sell them for 10x the value that they originally paid (Ajax also "steals" a lot of talents around Eredivisie). They pick up a lot of young talents in their league on the cheap like Brandt this summer and will most likely sell him for 80+ million when all is said and done.
This is where we majorly differ. I would never call Dortmund a contender. They've been pretenders if anything. They massively underperform in the knockout stages. I think they finally have a good enough team to make a run like Ajax did this year
Sure, Ajax doesn't have the money like Dortmund but they have a similar system in terms of development and business structure.
Last but most importantly, Ajax has a richer history. Ajax has won 4 "CL's" in their history while Dortmund has only won the major title once. While the latter club has more prestige nowadays, that wasn't always the case. It does seem like Ajax is making the right moves to stick around longer this time. However, you can never compare a Dutch club vs a German club due to the monetary disparity of how their respective leagues are funded. It's like comparing platinum to silver.

Kostic had a buy-out clause. They were always going to exercise the clause considering how well Kostic has been. Saying this, I'm not 100% certain as I don't know the rules of Bundesliga, but I do believe they can sign him to a long-term contract and sell him in the same window if he is being bought out from a loan.
Luka Jovic just signed a multi year contract and is currently being shopped. So, it should definitely be possible.

I don't think it was luck at all. Claudio Lotito is directly involved with the football mafia. This guy moves large sums of money and has been involved in many scandals. I have no doubt he's
Saying this, I think SMS still had a great season and was their most pivotal player. Sadly, he was screwed over last summer of a good transfer to a top club because Lotito and Kezman are greedy little f*ckers. This was part of SMS' depression when the season started. In his head, he was already in Spain eating paella. However, just seeing his intensity these last few games, there seems to be a fire that his been lit under him. He has the same intensity that he had last season. I think he realizes that in order to play for a club like Real or Barca one day, he needs to bust his a$$ and be more consistent. I think this year was the best thing that's happened to him in his career and if he can see that as a positive sign of further motivation and improvement, he can become one of the best midfielders in the world. He has a level of calm and vision that very few players have. Add to that his versatile goal scoring threat and he can be very valuable to the NT for years to come. Guy doesn't rely on speed and as he ages, we can just push him further up the pitch in a more offensive role where he thrives anyways. Expect another 8 years out of him in his career at the highest level.

Unless Rebic forces his way out or Kovac comes knocking on his door, he's not going anywhere. Too valuable to the club considering they only get 50% from his transfer and the other half goes to Fiorentina who always does brilliant business. There's a good chance Haller stays only because he knows as well that he can take his game one extra level. Paciência is also another good option for Eintracht. Yeah, he missed a penalty. Big deal. He's been immense in the second half of the season. As long as they can keep guys like Kostic, Da Costa and Hinteregger, they'll be fine with selling Jovic. They need more depth anyways which is what they said they will do with Jovic's transfer money. They should be pretty hungry to over-perform again next season. Again, I like the idea of most of our guys staying at their current clubs where they are getting 90 min per game because next summer we have the Euros. We need players to be in good shape but also have that confidence and belief. One big reason why I think Tadic and Kostic should stay at Ajax and Eintracht, respectively. I would also like to see Grujic loaned out to Hertha for one more season and Maksimovic back at Valencia playing in the CL. SMS will be a big X factor because we all know how C. Ronaldo is with low effort players like SMS. If SMS doesn't start playing well right away, C. Ronaldo will start crying about needing to bench him (all this assuming SMS is off to Juve).

Also want to mention that it seems like Valencia want to buy back Maksimovic due to his buy-back clause in his contract with Getafe. However, according to the media, they seem to be shopping both him and Racic.
I doubt they'll make a move regarding Racic until after the U21 tournament. One thing working against them is the transfer sanctions regarding

Overall, I can't really fault any player this season. Many have in fact excelled and risen above their original potential like Dmitrovic or Kostic. Jovic has blossomed into Europes best young striker. SMS is on his way again. Milenkovic has proven that he can be a top defender one day liken to Vidic or Bane.
Tadic has exceeded all expectations and has been a top 5 player in Europe this season. If Ajax won the CL, I have no doubt he would have finished first or second in Ballon D'or depending on the Messi treatment.

We have a star level player at every position from GK to MF to S. I really hope Krstajic smartens up and takes his job seriously going forward. It's not often Serbia produces a team like this. He should find motivation in proving his biggest critics wrong. If I was him, I'd be studying football day and night.
post #34440 of 34447 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2019, 11:03
Star Player

Teams: Serbian NT
Frankfurt has been awful in BL for the whole two months not just last game. Jović is definetelly proven himself like a superb talent but his games in BL should be better. The Europe matches were those who keep his price tag and positionig him at the top level strikers in Europe. He was really massive for his club in EL and I thing that is something which makes big clubs go after him.

I am glad for Maksi and Račić. WHile I'm not sure in Račić's talent, yet to be seen in some serious football, Maksimović had nice season proven himslef in some top league such as Spanish. Definitelly nice move from him to go to Getafe.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in