what are the worst Olympic nations all time? - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 53 (permalink) Old July 8th, 2012, 14:43 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Estonia
what are the worst Olympic nations all time?

India and Israel IMO

India 20 medals all-time despite of massive population...yeah they only care aboiut cricket but still poor showing

Israel only have 1 gold and 1 silver in their entire Olympic history despire of great infrastructure and huge resources...i guess it's true jews suck at physical sports

In Europe Ireland is pretty pathetic with 23 medals all time...I guess they care too much about their freak sports like hurling, Gaelic football and rugby.

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? And….it’s the football, that’s the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 53 (permalink) Old July 8th, 2012, 14:59
CULT OF PERSONALITY
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: MANCHESTER UNITED, Shillong Lajong FC.
India ofcourse. We won our first individual gold in 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by pele10brazil View Post
She told me again she loves me , and I said I love myself too
post #3 of 53 (permalink) Old July 8th, 2012, 15:15
Mourinho & Cassano!!
Xtratime Legend

Teams: FC Internazionale Milano, FC Rangers
What is Gaelic football?

WE WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER GIACINTO FACCHETTI, LEGEND OF THE INTERNAZIONALE AND ITALIAN GAME

post #4 of 53 (permalink) Old July 8th, 2012, 15:19
World Class Player

Teams: Republic of Albania NT
How many athletes do India usually send?
post #5 of 53 (permalink) Old July 8th, 2012, 15:19
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
I would agree with Republic of Ireland, nation which plays these wierd sports played by so few nations around the world. Maybe when rugby gets introduced they have a shot

Albania have never won a medal at ANY Olympic games, looking at their record they usually send 7-10 athletes
post #6 of 53 (permalink) Old July 8th, 2012, 15:25
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by LedZep View Post
How many athletes do India usually send?
2008 - 57
2004 - 73
2000 - 52
1996 - 49
post #7 of 53 (permalink) Old July 8th, 2012, 16:17
cam
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Ross County, Green Bay Packers
Quote:
Originally Posted by HajdukSplit View Post
I would agree with Republic of Ireland, nation which plays these wierd sports played by so few nations around the world. Maybe when rugby gets introduced they have a shot

Albania have never won a medal at ANY Olympic games, looking at their record they usually send 7-10 athletes
Rugby 7s was an Olympic sport for a while. Might still be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimboMan2009 View Post
we need to do something about moral relativism because it's really damaging the air condition. there's alot of harassing going on out there, specially during the night, and they use moral relativism to justify it.
post #8 of 53 (permalink) Old July 8th, 2012, 16:18
cam
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Christ View Post
In Europe Ireland is pretty pathetic with 23 medals all time...I guess they care too much about their freak sports like hurling, Gaelic football and rugby.
Would rather watch those 3 sports than a marathon or skeet shooting tbh

Quote:
we need to do something about moral relativism because it's really damaging the air condition. there's alot of harassing going on out there, specially during the night, and they use moral relativism to justify it.
post #9 of 53 (permalink) Old July 8th, 2012, 16:48
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam View Post
Rugby 7s was an Olympic sport for a while. Might still be?
starting in 2016, rugby sevens will be an Olympic sport
post #10 of 53 (permalink) Old July 8th, 2012, 17:08
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Inter; Stoke
Portugal suck too.

Not bigotting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ze da Fiel View Post
Ive probably been the poster with most number of heated discussions in this board over the years.... and I can assure you I won at least 90% of them.
dhobi ka kutta, na ghar ka na ghat ka
post #11 of 53 (permalink) Old July 8th, 2012, 17:10
cam
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HajdukSplit View Post
starting in 2016, rugby sevens will be an Olympic sport
Huh. Must have confused it with the Commonwealth games then. Can't say I'm a massive fan of 7s.

Quote:
post #12 of 53 (permalink) Old July 8th, 2012, 17:16
Fourth Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
Star Player

Teams: Manchester United
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOMESMOINA! View Post
India ofcourse. We won our first individual gold in 2008
homes no one care of dumb game in olimpics. india is cricket world cup champoin

and they include so much game of other country we dont play. if they have kabadi and kho kho and our game we will win gold in it.

and now in boxing also vijendar singh doing good. he will get medal 100%
post #13 of 53 (permalink) Old July 8th, 2012, 17:27
Forum Manager
International

Teams: Bosna i Hercegovina, FK Velez, Juve
Bosnia. We have never won a medal before and are only sending four athletes this year. It might be due to only becoming an independent country 20 years ago though. And our tiny population..

"Sac is the Great White Bosnian Hope, so go easy on him."

- Firdaus
post #14 of 53 (permalink) Old July 8th, 2012, 17:56 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Estonia
omg I had no idea Albania and Bosnia have never even won a medal...pathetic alm:

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? And….it’s the football, that’s the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim
post #15 of 53 (permalink) Old July 8th, 2012, 18:30
World Class Player

Teams: Bosnia NT
We have not won a medal partly because of our small population, lack of funding for Olympic sports and the fact that 90% of us are Rednecks - who have no interest for hippie shit like Tennis, Triathlon and Volleyball.

Kapetan Gradascevic - Dragon of Bosnia - Never Forget

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bosnian_Uprising_(1831%E2%80%9332)
post #16 of 53 (permalink) Old July 8th, 2012, 18:56
Premier Player

Well, countries like Azerbaijan, or Georgia, have already won about 20 medals each, despite being newly emerged countries and having small populations. There are some non-hippie Olympics sports out there, s.a. boxing, judo, swimming, taekwondo, weightlifting, handball, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacHercegovac View Post
Bosnia. We have never won a medal before and are only sending four athletes this year. It might be due to only becoming an independent country 20 years ago though. And our tiny population..
East Germany's population has varied between 15-18 million. In only 5 Olympics—the same number Bosnia has so far taken part of—they managed to win 409 Olympics medals (153 of which were gold). Incredible achievement. I guess it was due to the combination of German hard work and free access to coaches/infrastructure.
post #17 of 53 (permalink) Old July 8th, 2012, 19:18
World Class Player

Teams: Republic of Albania NT
Albania will get their first medal this year(in female judo)

Unfortunately the best weightlifter(who won Euro championship recently) is suspended for Olympics. He would've been favorite to get a medal as well.

In Albania you basically don't get paid to play sports so there is no interest or sport infrastructure.
post #18 of 53 (permalink) Old July 8th, 2012, 19:43
cam
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Very Fat Llama View Post

East Germany's population has varied between 15-18 million. In only 5 Olympics—the same number Bosnia has so far taken part of—they managed to win 409 Olympics medals (153 of which were gold). Incredible achievement. I guess it was due to the combination of German hard work and free access to coaches/infrastructure.
And less stringent drug testing

But even ignoring the now well-known East German doping regimen there's also the simple fact that in communist countries where there is no real pro sports there was just a lot more financial support for "amateur" athletes.

Quote:
post #19 of 53 (permalink) Old July 8th, 2012, 20:09
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Inter; Stoke
It's no coincidence that most of East Germany's medals were taken by women.. easier to dope their way to success in strength and endurance based disciplins via massive use of growth hormones, etc.

One of the few pastimes encouraged by the state other than watching military parades and eavesdropping on your neighbour.

Not bigotting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ze da Fiel View Post
Ive probably been the poster with most number of heated discussions in this board over the years.... and I can assure you I won at least 90% of them.
dhobi ka kutta, na ghar ka na ghat ka
post #20 of 53 (permalink) Old July 8th, 2012, 20:37
Forum Manager
International

Teams: Bosna i Hercegovina, FK Velez, Juve
Quote:
Originally Posted by <a class="inlineAdmedialink" href="#">Very</a> Fat Llama View Post
Well, countries like Azerbaijan, or Georgia, have already won about 20 medals each, despite being newly emerged countries and having small populations. There are some non-hippie Olympics <a class="inlineAdmedialink" href="#">sports</a> out there, s.a. boxing, judo, swimming, taekwondo, weightlifting, handball, etc.

East Germany's population has varied between 15-18 million. In only 5 Olympics—the same number Bosnia has so far taken part of—they managed to win 409 Olympics medals (153 of which were gold). Incredible achievement. I guess it was due to the combination of German hard <a class="inlineAdmedialink" href="#">work</a> and free access to coaches/infrastructure.
We have a population of 3 million. That means we have 20% of the population they had.

Anyways, we have a great shot at getting a medal this year in men's Judo. Amel Mekic is our biggest hope this summer...

"Sac is the Great White Bosnian Hope, so go easy on him."

- Firdaus

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in