PSV in Europe 2016/17 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old August 25th, 2016, 17:43 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Teams: PSV, Republic of Ireland
PSV in Europe 2016/17

Bayern Munich and Atletico Madrid and some other club that I don't know yet

EL at best for PSV...

Also have FC Rostov, team that knocked Ajax out.

Last edited by Ultan; August 25th, 2016 at 17:53.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old August 25th, 2016, 18:47
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Feyenoord & Spuds
Yeah,third place would be a good outcome.

Lets see what happens to psv in the next few days. Willems announced his intention to leave, but has any bid (except for Monaco's) come in?

Lex Immers - Pace & power. Holland's #1 box to box player

Feyenoord forum - the place to talk about this phenomenon

Ronald Koeman "Oranje kan Immers goed gebruiken"

Fred Rutten "Feyenoord heeft Immers nodig"

Van Marwijk over Lex Immers: 'Stille kracht van Feyenoord'

John de Wolf “Dat is nou precies de aanjager, het ’etterbakkie’ in het veld dat Feyenoord in dit soort wedstrijden nodig heeft"

post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old August 25th, 2016, 19:11
Administrators
Legend

Teams: Milan
Tough draw, hope for good games at least

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old August 25th, 2016, 20:33 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally View Post
Yeah,third place would be a good outcome.

Lets see what happens to psv in the next few days. Willems announced his intention to leave, but has any bid (except for Monaco's) come in?
Anything less is poor TBH
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old August 26th, 2016, 17:47
Star Player

Teams: Dutch football
Bummer, Bayern and Atletico. There are other groups which are much easier.
PSV should be able to compete with Rostov though. They'll do better than Ajax.

"Always look on the bright side of life"
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old September 13th, 2016, 19:52 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Dutch teams getting dicked by the refs again, can't see how De Jong's should have been ruled out.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old September 13th, 2016, 20:37 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Ref is just terrible all round. De Jong's goal gets disallowed, wrongly. PSV get a penalty for a dive by Narsingh. Guardado took an okay penalty, one where it was a great save more than anything but our conversion rate must be 33% in last 2 years, incredible.

Atletico's goal was scored after Jiminez split Propper's head open during a clash of heads, Propper was on the floor in blood in the six yard box while play continued...

Other than the penalty and one foul that was given (in middle of pitch wasn't a big deal, Guardado fell over himself, never lost the ball, when under pressure ref gave a freekick) every decision was going Atletico's way (Godin is lucky to not have given away a penalty for a push on Narsingh the main one of note). Not sure what the exact rules on head injuries are in terms of stopping play, but either way PSV didn't play to whistle and weren't able to defend the goal.

As much as I am complaining about the ref it appears to be the official behind Atletico's goal that is making all of these wrong calls.

Last edited by Ultan; September 13th, 2016 at 20:44.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old September 13th, 2016, 21:55 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Atletico defend a corner with Godin's hand to knock the ball away from De Jong's head... nothing given

Atletico had a chance or two they would be disappointed they didn't finish a Gameiro chance in the box after Schwaab miss controlled the ball, Zoet was well off his line as Gameiro shot over. I also thought Greizmann was kept onside by Isimat for a goal he finished, but my stream was laggy/jumpy during the replay, whistled offside before he finished.

PSV also had a few headers they just couldn't direct away from Oblak. Pereiro with two free headers.

So much bad refereeing decisions ruined the game IMO. I honestly don't think any result would be unfair. 3rd place is the more likely where we would end up at the end of the group you would say before a game was played, this result lowers the odds of a 2nd place finish a lot. Won't be shocked by any result in the reverse fixture.

Hendrix I thought had a difficult time, Atletico's passing was too quick for him, Guaitan had the beating of him umpteen times. De Jong was dominant in the air which isn't surprising, but felt like De Jong was the only person capable of finishing his knock downs... Willems reminds me of Brenet's form last season, was poor/below par in the league but played okay/good in CL. Ramselaar was good when coming on, Propper wasn't great but wasn't bad either. Narsingh had good moments but perhaps just lacks that bit of quality, one of those footballers that if they were not quick they wouldn't be one.

PSV didn't do enough for in like the first 30 minutes of second half, Atletico were really controlling the game. The penalty miss before half time was really bad for PSV, and watching it again, the penalty looked better in the angle it was shown live, was an average penalty hit hard, great save all the same.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old September 15th, 2016, 11:49
Star Player

Teams: Aston Villa, Torquay United, AZ Alkmaar
The point about De Jong is a good one.

He was a little isolated, did very well tbf to him, but whenever he didn't get a shot away in the box, his knock downs were good but no one was there to finish them. Locadia was missed a little there.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old September 28th, 2016, 21:00 Thread Starter
Premier Player

No team in world football has missed as much penalties as PSV has in last 2 years I am sure, crazy
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old September 28th, 2016, 21:21
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zvezda, Feyenoord and Serbia!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultan View Post
No team in world football has missed as much penalties as PSV has in last 2 years I am sure, crazy
Yeah, pretty sure that's true.

You can thank Luuk de Jong for 85% of it though.
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old September 28th, 2016, 21:48 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krle View Post
Yeah, pretty sure that's true.

You can thank Luuk de Jong for 85% of it though.
Memphis was worse. But nobody is actually good at them at this club, Willems will be next I am sure, then Zoet...

PSV were poor first half but played well at times second half, only one real clear chance other than the penalty which was saved from a Bergwijn shot, Propper hit the crossbar and the ball landed in their keeper's hand.

Hendrix and Narsingh had bad games. Lovely pass from Guardado to Arias in build up to our second.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old October 19th, 2016, 20:38 Thread Starter
Premier Player

2-1 down at HT away to Bayern

I stopped watching after 25 minutes, it was just frustrating to watch for me, I am also very busy with college work this year, sort of feel guilty using my time to watch football, anyway Bayern should scored 2 or 3 minutes in Alaba set up Muller but he shot wide, Muller got behind PSV's defense a few minutes later the angle of a shot was great so he decided to square it to Alaba who wasted the chance, Lewandoski was given too much space outside PSV's box about 12 minutes in forcing a save from Zoet, PSV were not prepared for the quick corner Robben took passing it to Muller who's inital shot was saved but scored on his second attempt, much deserved PSV couldn't keep the ball at all.

A break down Bayern's left ended with Brenet tracking Alaba to the byline, Alaba crossed and it hit off Brenet's thigh rising above Zoet to the back post where Kimmich was able to head in from half a yard. 2-0

Narsingh scored to make it 2-1, can't say I know what happened.

In the first 25 minutes I watched I didn't remember Siem De Jong ever touching the ball...

Saw highlight of Narsingh's goal think Neuer should have saved that, not sure if it was going in before he touched the ball, whatever I'll take it, PSV had 2 shots in first half, was fourteen to zero when I stopped watching.
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old October 19th, 2016, 21:27 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Second half started much brighter for PSV, a Willems cross was met with De Jong's head but his effort was off target in the opening minutes of the half, a Narsingh cross was met by Pereiro who chested down and shot but was saved by Neuer.

However Bayern end up restoring their two goal lead at the hour mark Robben cuts inside, shoots, Zoet saves but into the path of Robert Lewandoski who heads in.

3-1

Robben was able to score a header... 4-1

About what was expected.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old October 23rd, 2016, 14:56
Star Player

Teams: Aston Villa, Torquay United, AZ Alkmaar
All focus to Rostov at home I guess. Europa League was best you could hope for anyway when looking at this group.
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old November 1st, 2016, 21:39 Thread Starter
Premier Player

A very offside goal by Arias made it 1-0 after 15 mins, Bayern have had numerous chances, hitting the woodwork twice, Vidal shot straight at Pasveer from close range.

Bayern equalised from a penalty, a handball from Guardado, was harsh decision because he could do nothing about it and came from a Kimmich mistouch, but neutrals can say it makes up for the offside decision, similar stuff happened against Atletico (except an onside goal disallowed for offside and a penalty that shouldn't have given was given but was saved by Oblak).

PSV did nothing second half, similar against Atletico at home, PSV can't up the tempo of games against better sides when behind which was what happened once Lewandowski put Bayern in front. Fair result, Lewandowski almost scored a great goal but hit the woodwork again.

Last edited by Ultan; November 1st, 2016 at 22:35.
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old November 1st, 2016, 23:25
Premier Player

Teams: PSV, S04, Heracles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultan View Post
A very offside goal by Arias made it 1-0 after 15 mins, Bayern have had numerous chances, hitting the woodwork twice, Vidal shot straight at Pasveer from close range.

Bayern equalised from a penalty, a handball from Guardado, was harsh decision because he could do nothing about it and came from a Kimmich mistouch, but neutrals can say it makes up for the offside decision, similar stuff happened against Atletico (except an onside goal disallowed for offside and a penalty that shouldn't have given was given but was saved by Oblak).

PSV did nothing second half, similar against Atletico at home, PSV can't up the tempo of games against better sides when behind which was what happened once Lewandowski put Bayern in front. Fair result, Lewandowski almost scored a great goal but hit the woodwork again.

They are simply out of our league. At least it was good to see PSV didn't lose confidence in the past weeks and Ramselaar showed good things once again, while De Jong was not as bad as in previous games. Now like expected PSV will have to hope for the third place to get access to the EL.

post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old November 1st, 2016, 23:50
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zvezda, Feyenoord and Serbia!
Luckily Rostov lost the game late, so third place should at least be within reach for you guys.
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old November 2nd, 2016, 22:43
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

I'm a bit surprised nobody mentions Lewandowski's push on Moreno inside the penalty area just before Guardado gets the ball on his hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrix
zoric man, do you have like 5 screens in your room streaming 7 channels while simultaneously following 10 livescore websites?

p
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoRiS_ThE_BuLLetDoDgeR View Post
ZORIC!!!

Feeling depressed about Kosovo? We still have ZORIC!!!

When someone asks for the most famous Serbian exports, you answer "Slivovica, Tesla i ZORIC!!!"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in