11 July Switzerland Training Camp Begins
13 July PSV 2 - 1 St Etienne
16 July PSV 2 - 1 FC Sion
18 July PSV 5 - 0 Sporting Lisbon
19 July Switzerland Training Camp Ends
21 July PSV 3 - 0 Porto
23 July PSV 1 - 1 Mouscron
26 July PSV 0 - 1 FC Eindhoven

Last edited by White Rabbit; August 1st, 2016 at 12:23.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old June 3rd, 2016, 13:50 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Teams: PSV, Oranje, Macedonian NT
PSV-FC Eindhoven confirmed at the Philips Stadion on the 26th of July

With the Super Cup vs Feyenoord on the 31st of July that will surely be our last pre-season friendly

It also still leaves 2 weeks free from the QPR game so hopefully we manage to face some high quality opposition in that time frame
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old June 28th, 2016, 08:13 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Training started on Monday with Locadia and Pröpper both present whilst de Jong, Narsingh, Willems and Zoet will be there on Friday

The Copa boys (Arias, Moreno & Guardado) will probably given another couple of weeks.

Laursen, Rigo, Lundqvist, Van Vlerken and Verreth were the players called up from Jong PSV/A1 this season

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old July 2nd, 2016, 09:19 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

OP updated

Training camp in Germany + games vs Sporting (in Switzerland), Porto and West Brom (in Arnhem) added

First game vs Dongen is today with kick-off at 16:00 CET
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old July 3rd, 2016, 00:46 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

PSV 3 - 1 VV Dongen

Pereiro (pen)
Locadia
Verreth

Opstelling PSV: Pasveer; Brenet (Van Vlerken), Koch, Isimat (Schaars), Poulsen (Ritzmaier);Pröpper (Lundqvist), Maher (Rigo), Hendrix (Vloet); Bergwijn (Laursen), Pereiro (Verreth), Locadia (Jozefzoon)
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old July 4th, 2016, 13:43
Premier Player

Teams: PSV, Republic of Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Rabbit View Post
OP updated

Training camp in Germany + games vs Sporting (in Switzerland), Porto and West Brom (in Arnhem) added

First game vs Dongen is today with kick-off at 16:00 CET
2 more friendlies have been announced against

vs. St. Etienne (13/07)
vs. FC Sion (16/07)

The last 6 friendlies will be on the Dutch FoxSports channel live, so should be stream-able.
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old July 5th, 2016, 10:02 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultan View Post
2 more friendlies have been announced against

vs. St. Etienne (13/07)
vs. FC Sion (16/07)

The last 6 friendlies will be on the Dutch FoxSports channel live, so should be stream-able.
Added

Iirc these friendlies will take place instead of the training camp in Germany

The game vs QPR is in doubt due to being unable to find a ground
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old July 6th, 2016, 09:14 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

It has been confirmed: the Germany training camp is being replaced by a training camp in Switzerland

We will play St Etienne, FC Sion and Sporting Lisbon in Switzerland before flying back to NL to play the remaining games

Also, the QPR game will go ahead but no fans will be allowed in due to council concerns
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old July 8th, 2016, 18:21
Premier Player

PSV 0-1 QPR.

Zoet, Van Vlerken, Van Bruggen, Koch, Poulsen;
Hendrix, Pröpper, Maher;
Jozefzoon, Locadia, and Pereiro

Maher, Hendrix, and Pereiro were poor in first half IMO, poor passing and Hendrix did an unnecessary foul on Chery, especially for a friendly, the defenders pretty much completely untested Van Bruggen blocked a cross I guess is all I can remember happening really, Van Vlerken and Poulsen were alright forgot Poulsen was a PSV player. A Locadia shot from distance which you would expect any keeper to save felt like the only shot in the half.

Propper looked the only real quality player on the pitch really.

Second half started with 6 subs Pasveer, Alberto, Lundqvist, Vloet, Laursen and Laursen

Second half wasn't any better missed the first 5 minutes of both halves and when I started watching the second half all I saw was QPR converting a penalty. Koch did the foul from what I have read. Willems, Narsingh, De Jong were brought on last 30 minutes, De Jong had a shot at an angle saved late on. Willems beat a man and had a shot saved, also almost caused a goal with a very poor attempted pass to Alberto, Pasveer tried to get to the lose ball 25-30 yards off his line, failed to get there before the QPR player but put enough pressure on him to prevent QPR from being able to get a shot away, Willems eventually won the ball back.

Lundqvist had the best chances after getting behind their defense but mishit his shot and missed the target from a Van Vlerken ball into the box, he also had a solo run which was very nice but somehow missed the target from close range, a poor miss. From what I have seen of him (from other pre-season games last year and Jong PSV) wouldn't mind having Van Ginkel on loan again this season and Lundqvist take his place next season.

Alberto had a free header from close range at the very end but missed the target.

Overall too many players just not sharp, probably a lack of quality playing too (felt like much more of a Jong PSV playing to me but it was closer to 50/50 than it felt), QPR were well organised, hardly threatened. I didn't like Locadia in the first half either but wasn't as bad a performance as Maher, Pereiro or Hendrix (all poor passers), he just kept drifting out wide and at times we didn't have a treat in attack when he did that.

Edit: The penalty decision looks questionable, QPR player does goes to ground, I really can't tell if Koch touched him.
boumavilla likes this.

Last edited by Ultan; July 8th, 2016 at 18:32.
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old July 12th, 2016, 09:42 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

I can't find highlights of the QPR game...

PSV have arrived in Switzerland

The 28 players that travelled are: Zoet, Pasveer, Willems, Isimat, Brenet, Alberto, Van Vlerken, Van Bruggen, Koch, Poulsen, Schwaab, Pröpper, Schaars, Maher, Hendrix, Ritzmaier, Vloet, Dante, Pereiro, Narsingh, Locadia, Jozefzoon, Laursen, Lundqvist, De Jong.

Schaars will continue to train with the team until he finds a new club and Schwaab is also there

Arias, Moreno and Guardado will join the team sometime during the camp whilst de Wijs misses out due to injury
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old July 12th, 2016, 10:29
Star Player

Teams: Aston Villa, Torquay United, AZ Alkmaar
Moreno has rejoined training today.
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old July 13th, 2016, 20:31
Premier Player

First Half:

Zoet
Brenet, Koch, Van Bruggen, Willems,
Hendrix,
Propper, Lundqvist
Narsingh, Locadia, Jozefzoon

Narsingh opened the scoring after Jozefzoon was able to get past their right back and send in a cross, the cross wasn't exactly cleared, a mishit attempt to clear it by volleying the ball by Pogba junior, landed to Narsingh in the box his well hit volley was into the far corner.

Their equaliser came after Jozefzoon was blocking a ball into PSV's box. I thought the ball bounced off the St Etienne player and went out but maybe I am wrong, either way St Etienne got a corner. A St Etienne player had space at the very edge of the box, was able to head the ball forward to Bryan Dobo who was able to volley twice and score.

Lundqvist had a free header and missed the target while it was 0-0. Zoet made a good save from a free kick, maybe Zoet didn't touch it and it just hit the crossbar, not quite sure. There have been some other shots that have tested both keepers.

Second Half:

Out: Zoet, Lundqvist, Narsingh, Willems
In: Pasveer, De Jong, Maher, Poulsen.

De Jong scored a header against the crossbar from a Hendrix corner. There was a good couple minutes of pressure from PSV in the buildup to the goal, Saint Etienne struggled to get possession. There was also a corner incorrectly given to PSV 2 minutes before the goal (which if the corner where they scored was incorrectly given it did even itself out, not important anyway).

After making a few more changes (Van Vlerken, Alberto and Vloet replacing Brenet, Van Bruggen and Pröpper) and (Ritzmaier and Rigo in, Jozefzoon and Hendrix out) PSV stopped being able to bring the ball out of their half, particularly after the Hendrix and Jozefzoon subs. Koch and Alberto just kept passing it between each other, not always one of those two but PSV kept losing possession which caused Saint Etienne to get a few chances, one hitting the crossbar, their right back was able to run past Poulsen and Ritzmaier on the wing, a low cross into the box resulted in a shot against the crossbar. Another chance for the French side came after a ball into PSV's box was headed down, I think it was Koch who would have had to be quick to clear it, he didn't, and a shot from a St Etienne player was saved well by Pasveer.

Pereiro was not quite fit for the game.
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old July 13th, 2016, 23:46
Premier Player

Highlights, there were a couple chances from corners for Etienne in the first half I forgot about while writing that report.
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old July 14th, 2016, 11:09 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Yeah, it looks like we are struggling on set pieces defensively.

What is wrong with Pereiro btw? Injury? I'm expecting a big season from him and apparently he was busy training before pre-season started which is encouraging

Still too early too make judgements based on these friendlies as there are guys still to come back, others that are away with the U19's and some that have no chance of making it into the A squad
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old July 16th, 2016, 01:36 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Jurjus already in Switzerland

Meanwhile, Arias has been fined and forced to train with Jong PSV as he has still not arrived in Switzerland

We play FC Sion today
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old July 17th, 2016, 12:14 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Another 2-1 win

I could only find highlights of the goals. Yet again we concede from a set piece.

Line-Up: Pasveer, Van Vlerken (61 Brenet), Koch (70 Alberto), Schwaab (46 Van Bruggen), Poulsen (70 Ritzmaier); Maher (46 Hendrix), Rigo (61 Schaars), Vloet (61 Propper); Pereiro (46 Lundqvist), De Jong (46 Jozefzoon), Laursen (61 Narsingh)

Still a lot of chopping and changing but that's understandable with the Sporting game on Monday, which will be our toughest game thus far by some distance
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old July 18th, 2016, 21:26
Premier Player

Missed first 15 minutes against Sporting, which meant I missed the first goal, a De Jong penalty after Propper was fouled in the 4th minute. I left to get a coffee and some food around 5 minutes later, and I missed the second goal of the game doing so, a Locadia goal. Saw Hendrix get booked for a cynical foul to stop Sporting from attacking.

There were a few moments where Sporting players got frustrated with the referee, there was a pass to a Sporting player on their left side that the ref reckoned went out for a throw in, the stream I was on at the time wasn't super clear so I don't know if that was right, Sporting player didn't think so. There was a penalty shout for Sporting, a player was getting past Brenet and there was an attempted tackle on him from both Propper and Brenet at the same time, I don't think a PSV player touched the ball and it looked like they made contact with the Sporting player, I would have assumed that was a foul, but the ref waved play on, Aquilano wasn't happy with the ref and let him know, he got a booking. Moreno won a very soft free kick when under pressure, adding to the frustration. A minute of so later Aquilano was dispossessed by Willems and fouled him for a second yellow. They might have had even more reason to be frustrated if the penalty decision was wrong/debatable.

Playing against 10 men is not what you want for a friendly, Hendrix made it 3-0 after Pereiro had a shot from outside the box saved and Hendrix finished the loose ball in a relatively open goal. Also a weaker Sporting side as a number if not all their best players aren't back from internationals. Think I read somewhere saying that PSV have been in pre-season longer than them.

A PSV corner finds its way to Propper at the far edge of the box, he flicks it back to Maher who shoots and scores, 4-0. Honestly had stopped watching, had the stream on with no sound, it was 5-0 next time I glanced over at it. It was a De Jong goal, Narsingh assist.

Vloet got booked for pushing a Sporting player, there was an attempted tackle on Vloet by that Sporting player and Vloet started holding his shin as if he was hurt (one of those tackles where the player shouldn't have even fallen over), the Sporting player was frustrated with that and lifted Vloet up, Vloet pushed him in retaliation for that.

Finished 0-5
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old July 19th, 2016, 11:00 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Okay, against 10 men and an understrength team but winning 5-0 against Sporting is still great sign

We are also finally getting to put our best XI on the field

Line-Up: Zoet, Brenet, Isimat (61 Koch), Moreno (46 Schwaab), Willems, Pröpper (61 Lundqvist), Hendrix (61 Guardado), Maher (61 Vloet), Pereiro (46 Narsingh), De Jong (61 Jozefzoon), Locadia

Maher has really impressed me this pre-season. I wonder if both him and Cocu are reconsidering his stay at the club

De Jong is also looking as sharp as always
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old July 22nd, 2016, 19:03
Premier Player

Game against West Brom has been called off by local authorities, because of some planned fight between PSV supports and Vitesse supporters if I am understanding the awkward translation correctly.

PSV are looking into who these people are.

Only saw end of first half and second half against Porto, the third goal was fantastic, finished 3-0 to PSV.

post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old July 26th, 2016, 11:06 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

I've been a bit MIA as I usually am in pre-season

A very convincing 3-0 win over Porto and then a 1-1 draw with Belgian side Mouscron at De Herdgang where we played a B team

Pre-season finishes tonight with Fan Day and the game vs FC Eindhoven at the Philips Stadion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in