PSV Player Ratings 2014/15 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old April 19th, 2015, 09:06 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Teams: PSV, Oranje, Macedonian NT
PSV Player Ratings 2014/15

Seeing as we wrapped up the Eredivisie title with 3 games to go i thought it would be appropriate to give our players some 'early marks'.

Feel free to agree/disagree or make predictions/suggestions about next season!

Goalkeepers

Zoet (6) – Suffered a bit from second season syndrome. Had some crucial errors in big games (Ajax, Feyenoord, Zenit) but warrants a pass mark for his overall consistency during the season as he played every single minute of our Eredivisie season

Pasveer (N/A) – Didn’t get enough playing time but looked steady when filling in for Zoet

Defenders

RB - Arias (6.5) Struggled somewhat with injuries in this post WC season but he nonetheless has cemented that RB spot when fit

RB – Brenet (5) A downgrade on Arias and looks fragile in games against higher quality opposition. Budget restrictions and Joshua being a youth product means he will probably be at the club next season.

RCB – Bruma (6.5) Ever present at CB even though he hardly did anything outstanding during the season

LCB – Rekik (6.5) Our best CB in the first half of the season but had less impact in the second half due to injuries

LCB - Isimat (6) Initially struggled to fit into the team/system but was our best CB in the second half of the season. Would be nice if we made his stay permanent.

LB – Willems (9.5) Best LB in the league. Has improved in leaps and bounds both offensively (his number of assists ) and especially defensively to prove me and multiple other critics of his massively wrong.

LB – Tamata (N/A) Didn’t get enough playing time and has already been notified by the club that he won’t be here next season

Midfielders

CDM – Schaars (N/A) Missed the whole season through injury

CDM – Hiljemark (4) Simply put he is just not PSV quality. Doesn’t excel either defensively or offensively and is a massive downgrade on the other midfielders we have. Sell him in the summer please.

CDM – Hendrix (7.5) Our most underrated player in the current squad. He plays with such calmness and discipline, which is so unorthodox for a 20 year old. Struggled with niggling injuries in the second half of the season so he couldn’t establish a full time first team spot. I expect him to be a starter next season.

CDM – Guardado (9) Near perfect season. The energy, professionalism and positivity he brought both on and off the field was reminiscent of Park Ji Sung. I believe every PSVer is happy that he has made his move a permanent one.

RCM – Wijnaldum (8.5) A real captains performance from him this season after backing up from a long WC campaign. I feel he still struggles to impose himself in the big games but is lethal against the smaller & mid-table sides. Just look at the amount of goals he has scored this season.

RCM – Vloet (N/A) Didn’t get enough playing time and will most likely get loaned out next season to gain some experience

LCM – Maher (7.5) An up and down season for him but nonetheless a 200% improvement upon last season. He was our best midfielder in the first half of the season (when he got most of his goals/assists) but seemed to be less effective in the second half of the season. I still believe he is technically our best midfielder and with Gini’s departure an almost certainty he looks set to be our main man in midfield next time around.

LCM – Ritzmaier (N/A) Didn’t get enough playing time and will most likely leave the club in the summer

Forwards

Narsingh (6) I still feel he is our weakest link in our starting line-up. Like Maher, he has improved drastically since last season and has actually got a decent amount of assists but I feel he isn’t clinical in front of goal and is somewhat one-dimensional.

Jozefzoon (N/A) Missed the majority of the season out through injury so it was too harsh to give him an accurate rating

De Jong (9.5) Our MVP this season. He has been involved in the most goals for PSV (goals + assists combined) and most importantly he put in MOTM performances when they most mattered (vs Ajax, Feyenoord, Heerenveen etc.).. After years of waiting, we finally have a good no.9

Locadia (5) Kept out of the side by a near perfect de Jong and was sometimes asked to play as a winger, which isn’t his position. Nonetheless he didn’t make too much of his chances when he did get playing time. He just seemed a better player last season but I think he should stick around for at least another year.

Memphis (9) The most talented player in the Eredivisie. He will most likely finish up as PSV’s (and the leagues) top scorer. However, he is still very raw as firstly he tries to do too much himself (thus a lack of assists) and secondly he still needs to improve his finishing – he could easily have scored 30+ goals in the league this season. Has the potential to reach the top and hopefully he gets a nice transfer this upcoming summer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old April 20th, 2015, 13:30
Star Player

Teams: Aston Villa, Torquay United, AZ Alkmaar
Nice read!
The only one I can disagree with is Narsingh's rating. I think he's still a very good winger, but he is overshadowed by both De Jong and Memphis. He is one-dimensional yes, but so was Ashley Young. Defenders might know what he'll do but it's up to them to stop him. His crossing is usually quite good and his pace on the counter has lead to many goals for PSV like Afellay eluded to on another thread.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old April 20th, 2015, 14:03
Premier Player

Teams: PSV, Republic of Ireland
Narsingh deserves around 6/10, I'd give him 6.5 as he did get 10 assists in the league (from his usually quite good crossing) and does have good wing play generally. His finishing is what makes him disappointing.

I think Locadia has been as good as he was last season, he just couldn't stay in the starting 11 (started the season there, got 2 goals from 2 games) but then got replaced by Narsingh who played his best game of the season against Ajax away. I really just think 5/10 is harsh as he hasn't actually done anything bad, he has been good more often than not, being asked to play as a winger when games are usually won already isn't much to judge him on IMO.

I'd give Arias 6/10 personally, PSV are a better side with him in it compared to Brenet.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old April 20th, 2015, 15:08 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Teams: PSV, Oranje, Macedonian NT
6.5 is the absolute max i would give Narsingh - he is just too wasteful in front of goal for me

Also, good point about Locadia. Maybe i'm being too harsh as he didn't get regular game time in his preferred position
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old April 20th, 2015, 15:17
FINOALLAFINE
World Class Player

Teams: JUVENTUS, AJAX
yeah 5 goals, 3 assists from just 4 starts and 16 sub appearances isnt bad!

"I force a smile, knowing that my ambition far exceeded my talent. There are no more white horses or pretty ladies at my door."

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in