Karim Rekiki: La Marseillaise! - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old August 14th, 2014, 18:20 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Teams: PSV, Republic of Ireland
Karim Rekiki: La Marseillaise!

Rekik is fully signed for a season long loan.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old August 15th, 2014, 00:35
Premier Player

Teams: PSV, S04, Heracles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultan View Post
Rekik is fully signed for a season long loan.
Finally, it was becoming high time. He might make some mistakes now and then but he knows PSV and doesn't cost a transfer fee. Now PSV can use the budget on somebody else. I am really curious to hear who PSV will spend the 5-5,5 mil on.

post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old August 15th, 2014, 03:13
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Teams: PSV, Oranje, Macedonian NT
With a limited budget - he isn't a bad signing.

Another 1 year loan deal but at least he knows the club (as Afellay said) and hopefully he cuts out some of those mistakes (especially when trying to distribute the ball) this season.

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old March 14th, 2015, 08:23
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Karim himself said that Man City want to extend his contract (currently runs until 2016) and loan him out again

Obviously if we are playing UCL football then i wouldn't see why Man City wouldn't want to give him to us again

The question is do we want him on loan (yet again )?
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old March 14th, 2015, 18:42
Star Player

Teams: Aston Villa, Torquay United, AZ Alkmaar
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Rabbit View Post
Karim himself said that Man City want to extend his contract (currently runs until 2016) and loan him out again

Obviously if we are playing UCL football then i wouldn't see why Man City wouldn't want to give him to us again

The question is do we want him on loan (yet again )?
Do you think he is Man City quality and not just another Boyata?

He is better than Boyata already tbf, but whilst he's a good young player maybe we should have seen more impressive performances if he was ever going to be a starter for a top team in England?

My point is, why don't Man City let him go to PSV permanently instead of extending his contract?
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old March 15th, 2015, 04:29
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by boumavilla View Post
Do you think he is Man City quality and not just another Boyata?

He is better than Boyata already tbf, but whilst he's a good young player maybe we should have seen more impressive performances if he was ever going to be a starter for a top team in England?

My point is, why don't Man City let him go to PSV permanently instead of extending his contract?
Well he is not Man City quality atm but then again none of their CBs are apart from Kompany. I can't believe Demichelis has earned himself another contract (Pellegrini's love child) and Mangala has been just terrible! Also, Nastasic was sold to Schalke because he was deemed not good enough.

The only reason Boyata is still in the squad is because he fills that 'home grow player' quota, which is needed in the EPL (?) and UCL. Karim also qualifies as a home grown player and is already 10x the player Boyata is so that's why City don't want to completely get rid of him. If Rekik has some impressive UCL performances next season for us then i'm sure City will want him back the year after.

For us, extending his loan means no transfer fee (he would have basically come and gone on a Bosman) and we can spend funds elsewhere and maybe even sign another CB for the longer term.

I'm not totally against getting him on loan for another season tbh
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old March 16th, 2015, 01:42
Star Player

Teams: Aston Villa, Torquay United, AZ Alkmaar
Quote:
Well he is not Man City quality atm but then again none of their CBs are apart from Kompany. I can't believe Demichelis has earned himself another contract (Pellegrini's love child) and Mangala has been just terrible! Also, Nastasic was sold to Schalke because he was deemed not good enough.

The only reason Boyata is still in the squad is because he fills that 'home grow player' quota, which is needed in the EPL (?) and UCL. Karim also qualifies as a home grown player and is already 10x the player Boyata is so that's why City don't want to completely get rid of him. If Rekik has some impressive UCL performances next season for us then i'm sure City will want him back the year after.

For us, extending his loan means no transfer fee (he would have basically come and gone on a Bosman) and we can spend funds elsewhere and maybe even sign another CB for the longer term.

I'm not totally against getting him on loan for another season tbh
You make a fair point about the lack of quality in the heart of the City defence. In fact not even Kompany has been up to it this season!

Exactly. Boyata should be long gone but he is only still there because of the home grown rule. Rekik filling his vacancy now looks a lot more obvious actually.

I hope Isimat-Mirin is signed. I still think he is constantly improving especially since the start of the second half of the season.
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old March 16th, 2015, 03:07
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by boumavilla View Post
You make a fair point about the lack of quality in the heart of the City defence. In fact not even Kompany has been up to it this season!

Exactly. Boyata should be long gone but he is only still there because of the home grown rule. Rekik filling his vacancy now looks a lot more obvious actually.

I hope Isimat-Mirin is signed. I still think he is constantly improving especially since the start of the second half of the season.
I think we have a bigger chance of signing Isimat than Rekik as it stands

I wouldn't mind that. As i said, he has been our best defender since January and is ever improving
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old April 15th, 2015, 05:28
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Rumours are that we will again try to get him on loan (for a 3rd time!) after he signs a contract extension with Man City this summer

We are also preparing a €2m bid for Isimat which would be a real bargain if it were to be accepted

I would rather sign Isimat permanently than getting Rekik on loan if i had to choose between the two
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old April 27th, 2015, 13:31
Forum Manager
World Class Player

The news came out last week that he will no longer be at the club next season as Man City want to loan him to a club in a bigger league

However, he will never be forgotten thanks mainly to his ridiculous chant about himself at our title celebration ceremony:

It was even ridiculed in the English press
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old April 27th, 2015, 13:45
First Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
Xtratime Legend

Teams: In Immers we trust
alm:
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old July 1st, 2015, 10:48
Forum Manager
World Class Player

As Wally mentioned in another thread, he has all but signed for Marseille pending a medical

€5m was the transfer fee iirc

It seems a strange move at a time when OM have lost Gignac, Ayew and Payet and aren't playing in the UCL but nonetheless, best wishes - Mr. Rekiki
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old July 2nd, 2015, 11:41
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Feyenoord & Spuds
Wages I guess. https://www.xtratime.org/forum/showpo...50&postcount=5
If their best players are on 3,5 to 5m a year, surely Rekik will be asking something between 1,5 and 2m

and with him being half Tunisian, it's a homecoming anyway going to Marseille p

Lex Immers - Pace & power. Holland's #1 box to box player

Feyenoord forum - the place to talk about this phenomenon

Ronald Koeman "Oranje kan Immers goed gebruiken"

Fred Rutten "Feyenoord heeft Immers nodig"

Van Marwijk over Lex Immers: 'Stille kracht van Feyenoord'

John de Wolf “Dat is nou precies de aanjager, het ’etterbakkie’ in het veld dat Feyenoord in dit soort wedstrijden nodig heeft"

post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old July 2nd, 2015, 11:47
FINOALLAFINE
World Class Player

Teams: JUVENTUS, AJAX
yeah still a big club regardless and in a better league than Eredivisie. Still think he's a pretty average player tho!

seems like a massive douche as well!

"I force a smile, knowing that my ambition far exceeded my talent. There are no more white horses or pretty ladies at my door."
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old July 2nd, 2015, 11:48
FINOALLAFINE
World Class Player

Quote:
The news came out last week that he will no longer be at the club next season as Man City want to loan him to a club in a bigger league

However, he will never be forgotten thanks mainly to his ridiculous chant about himself at our title celebration ceremony:

It was even ridiculed in the English press
makes me cringe everytime

"I force a smile, knowing that my ambition far exceeded my talent. There are no more white horses or pretty ladies at my door."
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old July 2nd, 2015, 11:50
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zvezda, Feyenoord and Serbia!
When you see that you have to thank the Lord for taking both those retards away from Feyenoord!
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old July 2nd, 2015, 11:53
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

John de Wolf “Dat is nou precies de aanjager, het ’etterbakkie’ in het veld dat Feyenoord in dit soort wedstrijden nodig heeft"

post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old July 2nd, 2015, 11:56
FINOALLAFINE
World Class Player

lol

post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old July 2nd, 2015, 12:08
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zvezda, Feyenoord and Serbia!
I'm being serious guys.

Just look at the confused peasant faces in the crowd. Karim Rekikiiii, Karim Rekik, single handedly made them reach a point where they thought: 'what the f*ck are we doing here, man? Surely there must be more intelligent and fulfilling ways of spending our free time?'
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old July 2nd, 2015, 12:14
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Even under the shower you wouldn't want to be caught singing this. Bruma and Rekik probably thinking this was great

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in